• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 3,809 Views, 41 Comments

Heart's Desire - LunarShadow

  • ...
2
 41
 3,809

Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie

“Guess who!” Pinkie Pie bounced into the hospital room, a broad grin on her face and a basket of cupcakes tied to her head. “And I mean it this time when I say you’ll never guess. You’re eyes are behind that silly bandage!”

Twilight tapped her chin and hummed. “Hmm... it couldn’t be Pinkie, could it?”

“Ooo... you’re good,” Pinkie Pie gasped in awe. “Have I played with you before?” Skipping to the bed she leaned over gently grabbed the bandage, sliding it off.

“Ow, Pinkie!” Twilight groaned, squinting in the bright afternoon light. “Why’d you do that?” Slowly, Twilight opened her eyes as they adjusted.

Pinkie Pie giggled. “Because it’s hard to see if your eyes are covered.” She untied the basket and slid it onto the nightstand. “Anyways, I wanted you to see what I brought you from Sugarcube Corner.”

“More cupcakes? That’s the third basket you’ve given me.” Twilight laughed and gestured at two other empty baskets on the floor beside her bed. “I’m gonna get fat!” She patted her stomach and grinned. “I started sharing them with the staff because I couldn’t eat them all.”

“One can never have enough cupcakes!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, staring at Twilight in mock shock. She grabbed the basket off the nightstand and pushed it onto the bed beside Twilight. “And Doctor Pinkie says it’s time for another.”

Chuckling, Twilight grabbed a cupcake, levitating it just above her. “Okay, okay.” It wobbled in her magics feeble grasp as she leaned forward to take a bit. Suddenly, the purple aura surrounding the cupcake faded and it plopped down straight onto Twilight’s snout.

Pinkie Pie frowned and carefully picked the cupcake. “Silly Twilight. You’re nose isn’t hungry, you are!”

“Whoops, I suppose you’re right.” To confirm this, Twilight’s stomach rumbled. “The doctor said the spell I cast really pulled a number on my magical ability.” She screwed up her face and did her best impression of the doctor. “It’ll take time to recover, but you should practice to speed up the process.”

Falling back and rolling around on the ground, Pinkie Pie gigglesnorted for a few seconds. Finally, she got control of herself and stood back up. Wiping away tears of mirth, she said, “G-good one Twilight! Where’d you learn to imitate voice like that?”

“I used to spend hours trying to act like Celestia when—”

There was an annoyed cough from the door. “Ehem... Excuse me.”

Twilight looked at the nurse in surprise. It quickly turned to a sheepish grin. “Oh, I didn’t see you there, Nurse Redheart.”

“You should be ashamed, mocking Doctor Clear like that.” She sternly glared at the two ponies who hung their head in shame. “Anyways, it goes more like this,” she coughed and imitated the doctor in a deep voice. “Good afternoon. Everything is well, I trust? Of course it is, I’m your doctor after all.”

Both Pinkie Pie and Twilight stared at Nurse Redheart in amazement, their mouths hanging open. She grinned and pulled in the cart that had been just outside the room. “You should see the look on your faces right now. Priceless!”

All three began to slowly chuckle before finally breaking out into fits of laughter. While they laughed, Nurse Redheart went about preparing the medicine Twilght had to take daily. Walking over, she nudged a tray onto the nightstand and gestured for Twilight to drink.

“Question!” Pinkie Pie raised her hoof, bouncing in place as she waited for Nurse Redheart or Twilight to call on her.

“Answer!” Nurse Redheart called, pointing at Pinkie Pie.

“Can I decorate Twilight’s room? I mean...” Pinkie Pie frowned, waving her hoof around the room. “... it’s so boring.” She skipped around the entire room. “It’s just a bed and a night stand against the center of the back wall, this window, and whatever this is.” She stopped at the heart monitor and poked it, causing it to squawk.

Twilight sighed and feebly tugged at Pinkie’s tail with her magic. “Pinkie, the answer isn’t gonna change since you asked the last five times. Doctor Clear told you that the rooms have to stay pretty standard or every patient will want a decorated room. Anyways, I’m not the only one that uses this and what I like may not be to the taste of another pony.”

Nurse Redheart nodded in agreement as she filled up another cup full of some serum. “Yes, we tried that once and it was a nightmare.” Trotting over, she raised the medicine to Twilight’s mouth and tipped it up, forcing her to drink. “Now, I think it’s time for you to go, Pinkie.”

“Aww... why?”

Grimacing at the bad taste, Twilight waved her hoof and said, “Because that was a sleep concoction.” She yawned and her eyes drooped. “A s-strong one too. Uhh... before I drift off, could I ask a favor?” When Pinkie nodded, Twilight continued. “Could you go check on Applejack? She was here an hour before you and left in a hurry shouting something about her brother. She should be in the Sweet Apple Acres loft.” The last word trailed off as Twilight’s eyes closed and she immediately began to snore.

Pinkie Pie giggled as she quietly backed out of the room, following Nurse Redheart. “Okie dokie lokie.”

---

“Psst... Applejack?” Pinkie Pie peeked into the barn, glancing around suspiciously. “Twilight says I need to check on you.”

Seeing nopony, she smiled and trotted in, humming happily. A sudden thump from the loft caused her to jump into the air, hiccupping in surprise. She looked up curiously. “Now, what could that be?”

She galloped up the stairs, a sudden worry for her friend crossing her mind. “Applejack!” she yelled, bursting into the loft. She stopped and stared in amazement at the sight in front of her. Applejack had tackled her brother and was trying to get ahold of his tail.

“Ah said, we need to leave now!” she growled, finally catching Big Mac’s tail with her teeth. “Yah of all ponies should have known better than to come back up here!”

Big Mac struggled, turning around and shoving Applejack away. “Ah just want five more minutes! Ah promise!”

Applejack landed with an oomph beside Pinkie Pie. Shakily, she stood up. “Pinkie! Ah’m glad to see yah!” She gestured at Big Mac. “He needs to get tah work, but he refuses to leave the loft. He’s uhh... we’ll just say he’s spyin’ on a mare he has a crush on.”

Pinkie Pie glanced at Big Mac. “Consider it done.” She looked at Applejack seriously and saluted. Turning, she quietly stalked up to Big Mac and gently grabbed his tail in her mouth. Suddenly, she yanked, dragging him down to the ground.

As he fell, his forelegs flailed. Big Mac failed to catch himself and hit his head hard against the floorboards. He lay still, groaning in pain. Holding his head, he tried to push himself up but couldn’t due to Pinkie Pie dragging him across the floor towards the stairs.

Applejack jumped up at the thunk. “What are yah doing!” she cried, rushing over to Big Mac. She bent down and examined his head. Finding nothing, she turned and glowered at Pinkie Pie. “Yer lucky it didn’t do any damage, or I’d have you workin’ the farm for an entire year!”

“Don’t worry, silly. I knew what I was doing. You see...” The explanation trailed off as Pinkie Pie realized that Applejack wasn’t paying attention. She moved to help Applejack carry Big Mac down the stairs, but was waved away.

“Ah think you’ve “helped” enough. Ah’ll take it from here.”

Pinkie sighed and mumbled, “Well, I thought a sneak attack from behind was a good idea.” She set a hoof on the first step down, about to leave when something crossed her mind.

“What was Big Mac looking at?” She turned back to the room and looked around, puzzled. She crossed the room and sat exactly where Big Mac had been. Frowning, she cocked her head. “That’s a nice wall, I guess. Could use some more paint and maybe a banner, but still nice.”

Backing up, she went to leave. As she quickly turned, her flank brushed against a cool surface. She leapt forward and whirled around, growling. “Who’s there? Who touched me?”

The only thing she saw was an ornately built mirror. Relaxing, she examined herself. “So, this was what Big Mac was looking at.” Smiling, she waved at her reflection. “Hello, me!”

Pinkie Pie’s other self giggled as a room formed around her. She bounced around, streamers appearing from nowhere to line the walls along with banners. Confetti fell from the ceiling. Balloons bounced around as the reflection hit them with her hooves while prancing about Sugarcube Corner.

“Hey! That looks like the party I threw last week!” Pinkie exclaimed. “Did Big Mac get Twilight to record my parties so he can watch them?” she gasped. “Or maybe...” Hopping up, she jumped at the mirror and bounced off.

Rubbing her snout, she glared at the mirror. “Guess it’s not a secret door.” She watched as the scene unfolded. Ponies streamed in and her reflection greeted them all. Her friends were there, the Princesses were there, her family arrived, and there were ponies that even Pinkie didn’t know.

Her reflection skipped over to Pinkie Pie and slapped a newspaper against the mirror surface. Leaning close, Pinkie Pie read it.

Equestria’s Largest Party

Today, Pinkamena Diane Pie launched the party everypony has much anticipated. Held at Ponyville, centered around Sugarcube Corner, it’s open to anypony. At last count, there were fourty-six million guests planning to attend. That’s seventy percent of Equestria.

Due to preparations for this party, crime has been down one hundred percent. Sadness has been down one hundred percent. Happiness is at an all time high of nine hundred percent.

Pinkie Pie clapped her hooves excitedly. “Ooo! That sounds amazing! Speaking of which.” She waved goodbye to her reflection who waved back before going back to the party. Trotting out, she smiled, giving the mirror one last glance. It was empty.

“I have a party to plan!”