• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,272 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,272

Undead Parish 02

It was majestic. That was the only way in which Sunset could explain the way the cathedral looked, alongside the stone pathway and arcs that guided people into another zone in the Parish. It was breathtaking and awe-inspiring to be standing in front of the lonely city. The loneliness of the city was encompassing, as if it was the only living creature in the world.

Sunset had heard about agoraphobia before and had found it stupid. Now that she was in a place so open with nothing alongside you except for the silence and the fear of what could pop up at any minute, well, yeah, now she could understand better what was so scary about open spaces.

It was frustrating in a way considering how Sunset had grown; always surrounded by ponies and people, never truly alone except when she planned her next move in search of more power and opportunities to punish Celestia for what she had done to her, of how she had pushed her aside once she realized she won’t be the one with the destiny.

Now, in a place like Lordran, Sunset didn’t even care about that power or those excuses that she made for herself. The only thing that mattered today was to survive, to keep advancing on into the eternal death trap that was the world. Everything was trying to take Sunset’s hope it seemed, with loneliness, silence, and bloodthirst every second.

Sunset was barely clinging to herself, to her human side that let her step deeper into the world of Lordran. It wasn’t because she wanted power, but because she wanted to survive, and above all else, because she wanted to make the wish of a dying man reality. That was the gist of it. Nothing grandiose like looking for an exit into her original world to get revenge for what had happened or to escape the darkness of this world.

Now, Sunset already knew that there was no escape, this was her hell and she will not go down easily. She was not going run away this time; nothing will stand in her way. Not even the huge knight that guarded the way into the cathedral.

The footsteps of the giant made the ground rumble with the weight and its slow movement was foreboding. This was not a normal creature that unlike the other undead they had fought, this wall of a being had a complete set of armor from head to toes.

The undead knights that Sunset and Madeleine had battled before were ragged, with armor that barely clinged to their atrophied bodies and could be batted aside. No, this was something that was a true knight, something from an epic book of battles between heroes and monsters. Sunset just wasn’t sure on which side of the story she would be.

“This is a Berenike knight. What is it doing here?!” The voice of Madeleine told enough about the creature. Once human, now obviously only a hollow that walked the abandoned city like many others, but this one was above all other adversaries Sunset had fought before. Yes, she had battled both Havel and the Drake, but that last one had been taken down by working together.

With the help of Solaire, they were able to defeat the Drake; sadly the man disappeared once they got closer to the hidden bonfire inside the tower. Not only did they find the bonfire, but also a mysterious statue that had been demolished; only the feet remained from what seemed like an important effigy considering all the hollows praying in the place.

Madeleine had watched the place for a long time, obviously thinking about something, before the two turned around and began to walk again. It was clear that Solaire was not from their time or their world, so he was pulled back once they stopped overlapping.

It was a shame since his presence was useful in the destruction of a great adversary. Now, in front of the Berenike knight, she sure missed his presence.

As the enormous steel mace descended upon them, Sunset rolled away from the swinging arm and tried to recover her footing, but found difficulty with the shield strapped on her back alongside the steel axe on her hip weighing her down.

The shining claymore that Sunset had on her two hands was a heavy weapon, obviously used to do both cutting and smashing damage, something that she will put to the test with that opponent, but it was really heavy. She could already feel her muscles working just by holding the weapon up.

Everyone in Canterlot was holding their breath as once more Sunset had to fight a strong opponent. It was like something out of an epic novel, with the hero constantly being tested by the dark forces. Yes, they all considered Sunset the hero in the book, considering the way she went on no matter the obstacles.

It was something that made Twilight feel proud of the redhead. She would have never thought that she would see the exiled unicorn like this. She only wished there had been another way for her to become like this.

The steel mace moved through the air with precision and power, making the two smaller warriors jump everywhere in search of the perfect spot to attack. Sunset was not crazy enough to try and absorb the damage this time; she remembered what happened against the Demon at the Asylum and didn’t have a desire of repeating that experience.

Thankfully, it was Madeleine who started the offensive by thrusting her lance at the place where the right leg of the Berenike knight’s armor was thinner, right on the knee. The thin blade of the winged spear went right through the two armor pieces obviously damaging the giant knight, making it swing wildly its mace. The white armored warrior barely avoided the attack, but her cape was the one that got hit, ripping part of it.

Sunset used the knight’s confusion to raise the new sword and with a mighty swing alongside a scream, the weapon struck right behind the Berenike knight’s head, striking true with a sickening crunch, doing an amazing amount of damage, enough to send the giant into the ground, not moving even once.

At Canterlot High, one could hear the cheers and elation from the street due to how loud the students reacted to Sunset’s victory. It was quite the mood change from several days ago, which was great, if only Sunset knew of it of course. Speaking of her, both Sunset and Madeleine were surprised at the ease in which they defeated such an opponent; probably all the time fighting together had been useful in a way.

So without losing much time, they both went into the cathedral in which, thanks to the trained eye of Madeleine, they noticed something strange. An elevator was there, and thinking on the way the whole Burg was designed, thinking back on the places they had already visited, there was only one way it could land.

With a mighty sigh of relief, both warriors were back to where their team started, but this time they weren’t alone.