• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 9,282 Views, 421 Comments

Sunset Shimmer - The Princess of Lordran - ratedoni



The Elements of Harmony didn't just purify Sunset Shimmer, they killed her and send her to the worse place any being would want to be, the world of Dark Souls. Will Sunset crumble or she will be the Chosen Undead?

  • ...
25
 421
 9,282

Steps Down

At first look, there was nothing special about the door. It looked like every single door that the two warriors had seen in the time they had spent on the fallen Kingdom of Lordran. It had the same build than the rest, as if all the doors and wooden parts of every building had been constructed at the same time. Sunset could almost see it in her mind, how people came together and worked as one to build the city that was full of nothing but shadows and ghosts. How they all took wood and stone and with it they created the foundations, windows, doors, pillars and buildings. So if it wasn’t the form that it was build, then, what made the door so strange?

Her slightly calloused fingers touched the surface of the strange door, her skin tingling as they danced across the wooden surface. Old memories danced in Sunset’s mind as she closed her eyes, her senses picking apart the energies floating around her. It wasn’t like back in Equestria, which admittedly, she was a little out of practice. She could feel old magic, powerful magic, deep within the wood, like serpents coiling around their prey, never letting go. It was, in a way, exhilarating for the redheaded undead to feel the arcane energy flow through her fingers. True, this was not her power and even though she was capable of sensing the magic inside the door, she had no idea how to use that magic nor she knew if she was even capable of it in her current body. Can undead use magic? That would be nice to find out, but it would be a better idea to find out later.

Opening her eyes, Sunset looked at the still locked door and glared at the piece of wood, probably thinking it could ignite due to the force of her glare, but if the door had survived who knows many years then it would not be vanquished by a single glare.

“I still have no idea what this door is doing here or how it can stay locked,” Sunset said, puffing once, a mixture of pride for feeling the magic and annoyance because she couldn’t understand the magic energies coursing through the wood.

“Maybe, but the fact that you could see that not only the door had magic, but that it was locked by it is amazing considering you have no experience with Lordran magic, which admittedly is nowhere near Vinheim’s level, so don’t be discouraged Sunset. For now at least, think that key on the lock is the one to open it?”

“I guess. I mean, why else would it be there? But that’s it. It’s way too convenient, don't you think?”

“Here is a door that was magically sealed and left forgotten with the key to it strategically placed on its lock. If this wasn’t a trap I would be surprised. Although, a trap for who or why for that purpose? There are only undead here and I can’t think of one reason why this thing would be placed in a place like this.” Both warriors looked at each other, Sunset with her cyan eyes showing the curiosity inside and Madeleine’s dark ones behind her silver masquerade. Both nodded and as one, took the key and turned it, hearing the click and then the door moving backwards revealing another set of stairs, this time going down.

“Okay, I don’t know what I was expecting, but that was not it.” Sunset Shimmer sounded more annoyed this time, but at least it was good enough to break the tension, making Madeleine slightly chuckle at the reactions of Sunset.

“Maybe, but think about it, this just make things even more bizarre. After all, we are in a tower, what is a door doing here? One, by the way, that apparently leads to another tower hidden beneath the main tower? I think the mystery has only grown more.” The two then began to climb down the stairs, noticing how empty the tower was. Beyond some torches, everything was completely dark, the air musky and abandoned, oppressive and hateful. It was a myriad of feelings, all of them increasing as the two descended into the darkness of the tower.

Sunset was dead, there was nothing to do about it. There was nothing she could fear now considering she was dead, but it was one thing to know it consciously. Inside your heart, that was another story, because the moment the helmeted man turned to look into their direction, Sunset felt as if the world had begun to crumble underneath her feet.

She was not the only one, because she heard a gasp from Madeleine as she looked at the enormous knight pacing back and forth right at the bottom of the hidden tower. Madeleine gripped her lance and shield so hard that Sunset knew that it would break them if they weren’t steel.

“It can’t be,” she said as the creature began to ascend slowly the stairs in their direction. “He was supposed to be dead, right? There is no way he could be here of all places!” The armored monster raised his hands holding up the biggest hammer Sunset had ever seen on her life.

“Sunset! JUMP!”

The undead and her friend dived from the stairs into the bottom of the tower, barely avoiding the impact of the dark hammer. Both could only watch the dust could form after the powerful swing. Sunset and Madeleine knew that only one hit and they would have been dead and the latter would not come back after dead.

“Who is he? How can he be this strong?” So far Sunset haven’t seen a creature as strong as the armored creature. Was it even human?

“Sunset, when you have the chance, run away.”

“What? Are you crazy?! I’m not going to let you get killed by that thing!”

“You don’t get it! That is Havel the Rock, bishop of the Way of White, friend of Gwyn and killer of dragons! This is unlike any opponent you have ever fought against before!” But the redhead knew she had an advantage against this Havel that Madeleine didn’t have, she was undead. Looking at the armored Rock she knew that she couldn’t run away. Not now, not ever. She made the promise back on the Undead Asylum.

Never Again.

Without hesitation, without fear, Sunset took out her axe and shield and prepared to battle the bishop. At her side Madeleine could only smirk at the way Sunset behaved, like a true knight. She also took out her spear. Havel also didn’t hesitate, he was now devoid of reason and only one thing was left on his destroyed mind. Destroy.

The three warriors only stood standing for a second, because at the next, the battle once again began, with the clash of steel and tooth.