• Published 13th Aug 2016
  • 344 Views, 46 Comments

Rainbow's Quest - Rainbow Spectrum



When Rainbow Spectrum had a dream one night about her village being attcked, she teams up with 3 of her best friends on a quest to save her village.

  • ...
1
 46
 344

Melody Scratch, An Easy Going DJ

Her eyes sparkled as the light shone down onto them. Her curly purple mane was pulled onto one side, the streaks of black and blue hardly showing. She glanced back at her left wing, feel suddenly self-conscious. She blinked as the light reflected off the metal, temporarily blinding her. She shrugged it off and patiently waited for the curtain to withdraw.

Beside her sat an earth-pony with a pale gray coat, and a mane of a darker shade. She was listening intently to the speaker outside, introducing them to the waiting audience. "It has been a long winter so far, as we all have waited so long for Hearthswarming. So today we have a special event. Now introducing Melody Scratch and Octavia Melody!"

She always stared in awe as the curtains opened, no matter how many times she had seen it. The crowd of ponies listening to their music, and all their praise, it filled her with warmth. She drew her eyes away and focused on the movement of her hooves. She slid them gracefully down the keys of the piano, moving left to right, leaving room for Octavia to play on the opposite side. She gave a little nod as a signal for Octavia to start playing her part of the duet.

The show lasted for quite some time, playing multiple Hearthswarming songs, and getting a loud round of applause each time they stopped. Everypony was impressed at how well they played, and left Town Hall with smiles on their faces. Melody and Octavia thanked Mayor Mare for letting them play, then proceeded to walk outside.

Octavia looked at Melody, "Vinyl and I are getting some lunch. Want to come?"

Melody just shook her head and reply and veered away from Octavia. She looked back over her shoulder, "I just want to take a walk."
Octavia smiled and walked away from her, and so did Melody. She felt her hooves carrying her to one of her favorite places, and she felt the familiar path beneath them.

It was comforting, knowing every stretch of the land in Ponyville, nothing ever changed. The same ponies passing her on either side, the houses they lived in. Her life was pretty normal, nothing too great had happened to her, but nothing bad either. The ground suddenly sloped upward, and the grass grew thicker. She smiled warmly and sat down at the top of the hill. She closed her eyes, letting the breeze blow gently on her face, swaying her mane.

She opened her eyes and looked at the land below her. She could see the rolling fields and grasses that stretched all the way to Canterlot. She could see many flowers and the animals that inhabited the area around them. She felt safe here, the world's gentle embrace surrounding her.

She breathed in deeply. Life is good. she thought.

Author's Note:

FI-NA-LLY. This took sooooooooo long for such a short chapter! But you have NO idea how many times I had to rewrite this, not mentioning all the other things that got in the way. I am so sorry for this, and I am extremely sorry to Illyasviel Von Einsbern (The OC's creator)
~RS

Comments ( 13 )

awesome i give it a 17 out of 10 cant wait for more:raritywink:
7894853 as for you she worked really hard be greatful that shes even writing this book:ajbemused: geez humans these days remember spec don't let comments like this get you down use it to empower you and next time we'll make them shove those words down there throat dont worry:pinkiehappy:

7894978 I'm not being negative. the finally was out of excitement

Btw's just thought this should be here:

7894989 :unsuresweetie: well say something other than just finally others can take it the wrong way

7894995 ok. finally a new chapter, yay

7894998 know what nvm knowing me ill get pushy cause off reasons but thats way betterdespite the obvious sarcasm:raritywink:

7895010 I'm dead serious. i am happy she got a new chapter out and I can't wait to see what she does with my oc next.

5 months for 500 words xD You need some help? :P

7895484 I do need some help. THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH MEEEEEE! Not really no, lol, I'm working on the next chapter right now XD it'll be way longer I promise

Wow, took me a while to get to this. :derpyderp2:

Nice character intro!

Though, I do have one note:

Octavia smiled and walked away from her, and so did Melody.

This comes off a little clunky, Spec. Might I suggest something like:

Octavia smiled, and walked away from her. Melody [Insert action: smiling, waving, stretching wing, etc..], and went her own way.

7943829 Took me even longer to get to this! Thanks for the critique! I'll be sure to change that. I'm not a professional in any way. Thanks for being a friend!

Login or register to comment