• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 7,774 Views, 151 Comments

Daughter of the Crimson King - The-Black-Knight



When Twilight was born, her parents weren't who she thought they were. After an incident involving a malevolent entity, that wanted her for dark plots, they agreed to disguise her and send her away... Twenty Years Later, the past repeats itself.

  • ...
9
 151
 7,774

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

-Prospero, Magnus’ Chambers-

The situation was not unknown to the Primarch. Even though he was happy how Twilight was acting with Peter, this Green Goblin was an obvious threat to them. He was scanning through books and scrolls, trying to find some way to help. His frustration started to boil, due to everything he had involved him being in the same dimension.

“There has to be something I-?” Magnus suddenly stopped himself, looking back into one of his manuscripts. “I may not be able to do anything, but another can!” He said, smirking at what he read.

Within moments, the Primarch started to draw symbols on to the floor. He gathered the ingredients required to make this spell work. Every detail had to be correct, to the letter. Magnus could not allow for a single error.

“I hope she gets this…” The Primarch thought, before activating the spell…. A beam of colorful light shooting into the mirror, which showed Twilight’s Journal.

To those in Stark Tower, for a split moment, they could feel a burst of powerful energy. Azhek found it to be familiar, but could not dwell on it, because Twilight was in danger.

-Canterlot Castle, Celestia’s Chambers-

Celestia was on her bed, reading the notes within the copy of Twilight’s Journal she had. The Sun Princess couldn’t help but smile at all her daughter learned and experienced. Though, her eyes went wide, as the journal started to glow red and the pages began to flip to a blank page. Before long, words started to appear on the paper, but it wasn’t Equestrian.

“This is… Prosperian…” She said, to herself, and concentrated on what she remembered Magnus taught her. “Twilight… In danger… Dangerous foe after… Her and potential… Lover?” Celestia translated, pushing that last word, as a misinterpretation. Her concern however, grew at the revelation. “Azhek won’t be…Strong enough… Use the book… I cannot go… Not ready yet.”

Celestia’s eyes narrowed, she knew her beloved could not go and save their daughter. This was Celestia’s chance, to finally be and act like Twilight’s mother. She slowly stood up, her wings spreading out and closing right back. While it has been a long time since she’s done something like this, Celestia trusted Magnus. The journal was her best chance to go to Twilight, and Magnus was sure about it. “Shining Armor! Heavy Hoof! Star Shine! Prepare for battle!” Celestia yelled, using her Royal Canterlot Voice to echo the order through the castle… Her horn glowing, opening an old closet door. “My precious daughter needs us…”

-Manhattan, Central Park-

The sounds of jets caused Peter’s eyes to open wide. He knew that sound. “I-It can’t be…” He thought, jumping from the bench and looked around, causing Twilight to jump in surprise.

“P-Peter? What is it? What is that sound?” She asked, not familiar with the telltale sounds of a glider, and quickly started to watch the young hero’s back.

“Trouble…” He said, taking a fighting stance, as the sounds were getting much closer. When maniacal laughter was heard, his whole body began to shake. “Big trouble!”

“Right you are, Parker!” A cynical voice yelled, the two diving forward before a glider had the chance to take their heads clean off.

When two, round, orange; objects landed in front of them, Peter quickly grabbed Twilight. “Move!” He yelled, the two dashing away just before the bombs went off! Though, the shock wave knocked back to the ground. “You <cough> alright, Twilight?” He asked, waving away some of the dust.

“I’ll be <cough> fine.” Twilight said, watching the glider and the man riding it, starting to turn back around. “Peter… Who is that man?”

That, Twilight, is the Green Goblin.” He said, the princess going pale when she could make out the man’s terrifying attire. “He’s making another attack run! We have to move!”

Twilight nodded, grabbing Peter’s hand, as they made a run for it. The Green Goblin started to throw more bombs at them, which were exploding when they made contact with something. “What is he doing!? I thought we are his targets!” Twilight said, watching a group of people narrowly escaping one of the bombs. “He’s aiming for everyone!”

“He doesn’t care… The Green Goblin will attack anything and everything around me.” Peter said, the two using a tree to absorb a bomb. “This is why he is considered my most dangerous villain.” When the sounds of blades extending rang in his ears, Peter’s eyes went wide.

“Where do you two think you’re going?” Green Goblin laughed, throwing a pair of miniature blade gliders at tem! “We haven’t finished playing yet!”

Peter quickly pushed Twilight left, while he jumped right. However, one of the gliders nicked his arm and caused him to yell in pain. “Peter!” Twilight screamed, trying to get up but the Green Goblin’s glider suddenly flying in front of her, and started to hover, caused the princess to fall back.

“Oh, she’s a pretty one, Parker!” Green Goblin complimented, cackling a little. “I wonder if her neck will snap just like that Gwen’s did!”

“Stay away from her!” Peter yelled, trying his best to charge the Goblin, who simply floated up.

When the Green Goblin hovered back down, seeing Peter between him and Twilight, he crouched on the glider. “Oh, how adorable! The isty bitsy spider is standing up to the big bad Goblin, to protect his girl.” He cackled, staring straight at Peter’s eyes. “Remembered what happened the last time you did that?”

Before he could respond, the Green Goblin had his glider pull up, right before a blast of energy flew by. Iron Man, with Thor, soon landed on both sides of Peter. “Get Twilight out of here, Parker… We will handle him.” Iron Man said, just as the Green Goblin started to lower himself back down.

“Heh, you hero types, are so predictable.” Green Goblin said, pressing a button on his wrist. “Have fun!”

“What are-!” Thor wasn’t able to finish the sentence, as a blast of energy sent him flying back.

The group looked, and saw Loki with both Venom and Abomination. “Peter, run! Get her out of here, now!” Iron Man ordered, shooting a few blasts, along with mini-rockets, at the villains.

Peter nodded, and started to lead Twilight away from the battle that was about to start… Venom, Abomination, Loki, and Green Goblin? Things were looking really bad, and there was no telling where Kraven.

Explosions were heard behind them, the two young heroes not daring to look back. They needed to find cover, and somewhere to hide, fast. When they reached the Park’s exit, both Azhek and Captain America were waiting for them. “Quickly! We have a transport waiting for you!” Captain American yelled, both Twilight and Peter speeding up.

The shuttle was at a low hover, but the sounds of a glider coming in hot caused Azhek to pull the two away. Just before four bombs struck the shuttle, and caused it to explode. When the Green Goblin was making another pass, Azhek covered the two as the glider’s machineguns started to open fire. “This Green Goblin is clever, he took out our only, current, means to get you two out of here quickly.” The Astartes said, as Iron Man began to pursue the glider riding villain.

Both Thor and Loki flew straight up, from within Central Park, and started an aerial battle of their own. “That’s two, now where’s-!” Captain America was hit by a strand of webbing, and pulled into the park.

“Here!” Venom yelled, throwing the Captain into a tree. Abomination was starting his charge towards Azhek, and the two young heroes.

“Oh no you don’t!” Azhek yelled, countering charging the mutant and clashing with him. The power armor began to groan from the stress that Abomination was putting on it. “I’m not letting you get near them!”

Abomination grinned down at Azhek. “Here I thought only Hulk could hold me back.” He growled, the two giants fighting for the upper hand. “Don’t disappoint me!”

Peter led Twilight down the street, trying to get her away from the battle. “Peter! Where are we going!?” She asked, trying to keep pace with him.

“Somewhere safe, for you!” Peter said, looking around the area. “With the Green Goblin around that will be hard.”

“Right you are!” The twisted voice called out, forcing Peter to pull Twilight out of the way, just as the glider passed by them. “Damn, that kid’s senses are annoying.”

“Worry less about him, and more about who is fighting you!” Iron Man yelled, attempting to shoot the Green Goblin out of the sky.

The glider quickly banked right, in time to avoid the attacks. “Oh, I haven’t forgotten about you, Tin Man!” The Green Goblin pressed another button on his wrist. Before Iron Man could react, he was soon being swarmed by four automated gliders! All trying to shoot him down, or slice through his armor. “Have fun with my toys! Now, where or where could that spider be?” The Green Goblin eyed the scene, looking for the two. When he caught the sight of Twilight’s hair, the glider came back to life. “There you are!”

When he got close enough, two rockets shot out from under the glider’s wings, their targets being the two young heroes. When Peter’s spider senses went off, he quickly pulled Twilight into his arms, and jumped. The moment both rockets detonated, they were sent into a wall, Peter using himself to break the initial crash.

Both of them were shaken from the explosion’s shock, and had no strength to move away. “Bravo, Parker! Your reaction is still impressive, as ever!” Green Goblin said, as he slowly hovered towards them. “But, I’m afraid it is time to end our game of Cat and Mouse.” The glider’s blades shot out, but a flash of light caused the Green Goblin to back away. “What!?”

Twilight looked up, and got quite the surprise. Standing there, with two golden knights, was an angelic woman in gold armor! In her right hand, was a gold spear, depicting the sun near the blade. She would have thought it was another group of heroes, from Peter’s world, until she saw the woman’s multi-colored hair. “P-Princess?” Twilight asked, in awe.

She didn’t turn around, her enraged eyes locked on the Green Goblin. “You insolent whelp! You dare try and harm a Princess of Equestria, along with my precious protégé!?” Celestia was using the Royal Canterlot Voice, which boomed around the city street, catching the attention of those around them.

The Green Goblin eyed her, crouching on to the glider. “And you are?” He asked, unable to sense the massive build of magical energy.

“Princess Celestia, Princess of the Sun and Eldest of the Princesses of Equestria!” She answered, taking a fighting stance, the spear suddenly engulfed in flames. “Star Shine! Heavy Hoof! Assist the metal human with those contraptions. This foe… Is mine.”

“Yes, Princess!” The two knights yelled, before rushing off to aid Iron Man.

“And how will-!” Green Goblin barely had time to dodge the sudden spear thrust! He didn’t even see Celestia close the distance between them. One moment, she was in front of Twilight and Peter, then she was about to impale him on the spear! “I see… I wasn’t prepared for this.” He started to fly away, Celestia right behind him.

“I will not let you escape, whelp!” Celestia called out, closing in on the glider riding villain.

“Who said you have a choice?” Green Goblin asked, activating pair of smoke bombs and blinded Celestia. “I better inform Von Doom.” He muttered, using his glider to fly back to Dr. Doom’s Fortress, at max speed… Leaving the other villains to their fate.

Celestia, clearing the smoke with her wings, watched as the Green Goblin flew too fast for her to pursue further. She gave an irritated sigh, before flying back towards Twilight and Peter. “Twilight!” Celestia called out, landing in front of the two, and quickly embraced the youngest princess. “My dear, precious, Twilight… I am so relieved to find you.” Tears started to fall from her eyes, holding Twilight so tightly. “I was worried sick.”

Twilight smiled, and returned the embrace. “I am fine, Princess… But.” She pulled away, so she could look at Celestia in the eyes. “Peter is hurt, and our friends are still fighting.

Celestia smiled, and nodded. “Then we won’t delay.” Using her magic, she picked both young heroes up, and flew off to the others.

-Central Park-

The three arrived in time to watch Star Shine take down the last automated glider, using his magic to impale it with a spear, Heavy Hoof assisting Captain America take down Venom, and Iron Man assisting Thor bring down Loki. However, to Twilight’s surprise, there was a magic wielding purple knight assisting Azhek. “I-Is that who I think it is?” She asked, watching the knight pull up a shield that actually repelled Abomination!

“It is, Twilight.” Celestia said, watching Azhek blast Abomination to the feet of the knight.

When Abomination looked up, the knight placed his sword at the mutant’s neck. “Do you yield, Monster!?” He asked, more demanding really.

“Y-Yes…” Abomination said, weakly, before fainting from battle fatigue.

He nodded to Azhek, who went to assist the others, but had his attention pulled away when he heard. “Shining!” And turned to see the princess running straight for him.

The knight ripped his helmet off, revealing his both dark and light blue hair. “Twily!" Shining Armor yelled back, quickly running over and hugging his ‘baby sister’. “Both Cadence and I were worried about you!” He continued to try and hold back the liquid pride. “I’m so glad you’re safe!”

“I’m happy to see you, too, B.B.B.F.F.” She said, smiling, as Celestia walked up with Peter. “Oh! Shining, do you know any healing spells?”

Shining Armor pulled back, raising an eyebrow. “For minor injuries, yes, why? Are you hurt?” He asked, looking over Twilight for any injuries.

“No, but Peter is.” She motioned to the one with Celestia. “He ensured I was safe, each time the Green Goblin attacked, but got hurt in the process.”

Shining Armor nodded, walking over to Peter. “I will see what I can do.” Twilight smiled, watching her brother help heal Peter.