• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 5,885 Views, 132 Comments

Achieving Divinity: A New World - The Joeker



Catastrophe! After a spell gone wrong, Tyrath Kyelinth - The last Dragon-Knight of Rivellon, has been spirited away to lands unknown! Now with no idea where to go, he must survive by learning the value of friendship among others. How will he fare...?

  • ...
33
 132
 5,885

Chapter 2: Last Meal.

And... Nothing happened. I blinked a few times and shook my head.

"Errm... Erlking... What did that do exactly? All that’s in the book is a spell, no explanation..." I asked.

'Hmm, strange... I have no idea.' He thought.

"Well... Great. That was 4 fucking hours wasted!" I sighed.

'Erlking is sorry Lord Dragon... He thought Maxos was onto something with this spell...' He thought, slightly cowering.

"No it's fine, I suppose it's a situational spell like turning Amdusias human again or something." I said with another sigh.

'Oh well Dragon-Knight, it was amazing to watch you master such a spell in so little time.' Thought Erlking.

"Yeah." I sighed and left the library, going up to the throne room.


;Third Person POV;

As Erlking waved the Dragon goodbye, his happy face turned to a scowl as best it could without a human-like mouth.

'*hisss* Damn Dragon just doesn't know how to die or even disappear like Maxos did! One word out of place and he escaped death. *hisss* I thought the Dragon could match up to him and follow his fate but nooooo. *hissss* I spent almost a year proving I could be trusted to that Dragon so I could set him up for a fall! All that work...*hissss* I need a second plan...!' Thought Erlking once the Dragon couldn't hear his thoughts anymore.

Erlking threw all his papers and books from the table onto the floor in anger letting out an angry growl as he did so.

;Tyrath's POV - 1hr later;

After my disappointing afternoon I was eating my final meal of the day which was diamond. My second favorite after Malachite, they gave me it to cheer me up and it was working.

"So my Lord, how was your magic practise?" Asked Sassan.

"Not too good, I tried Maxos' very last spell before he disappeared but... Nothing happened."

"Nothing? Are you sure? Did you speak it right?" Asked Hermosa.

"Yes, I read the book, word for word for 4 fucking hours. Nothing." I said with a shrug.

"Was Maxos working on the spell? Did he write it? Or was it one he found and was interested in?" Asked Barbatos.

"I think it was one he found and was working on." I said.

"Who picked the spell?" Asked Hermosa.

"Erlking." I answered after eating a diamond.

"Are you sure about him?" Asked Hermosa.

"I'm all about second chances, I mean, what's the worst he can do? I can kill a fucking troll with my bare hands. What chance does that Goblin have?" I asked.

"He might try something more subtle, something sly like the Goblin he is." Said Barbatos.

"Not all Goblins are bad." I said, suddenly everything went really fuzzy and blurred and I started rubbing my temples.

"Oh...yeah...give me... an... example." Said Hermosa but my head was going, my vision was fucking up and I couldn't hear properly, it sounded like she was talking slow and the words went from quiet to quieter as she spoke I could only hear white noise.

I just didn't speak or even move for about a minute my head was pounding, I could barely see and I was feeling ill.

"MY LORD!" Shouted Sassan, right in front of my face, shaking me. I slowly recovered.

"Huh? What?" I mumbled.

"I thought we lost you for a second." She said, relief in her voice.

"It's not that easy to kill me." I groaned as I fully recovered.

"What happened?" Asked Sassan.

"I don't know, the spell must have worn me out." I said, waving her off.

"Anyway can you give us an example?" Asked Barbatos.

"Kaan, Nathirap and Eareb, three Goblins who live quite peacefully in Aleroth. Kaan is a merchant and the other two are brothers who fought for Aleroth during Damien's incursion." I explained.

"Well, I suppose not all Goblins are bad." Admitted Barbatos.

"I may have killed a few hundred Goblins in my time, but that was in self defense, if they don't attack me I don't attack them." I said.

"That's the right attitude to have My Lord, there is no need for senseless killing." Agreed Hermosa.

"Well, this has been grand, but I think I'm going to head to bed." I said and got up, saying goodnight to my platform operators, Jonelath was surprisingly quiet during eating, but not now.

"GOODBYE MASTER, DREAM ABOUT BLOOD!!!" He yelled, startling the rest of the table.

"I will!" I replied with a wave as Sassan followed me to pack her stuff away before she headed to bed.

I sat by the fire and pulled my bottle up for my drink.

"Goodnight Sassan." I said, sipping my brandy as she walked by.

"Goodnight Lord Dragon." She said, bowing slightly and walking out.

Suddenly I started to feel incredibly dizzy and lightheaded.

"I'm not that drunk..." I said to myself, I had one glass and even back when I wasn't a Dragon I wasn't exactly a lightweight and being a Dragon increased my constitution tenfold, so it didn't make sense.

"That spell must have worn me out..." I groaned and took down the last of the glass of brandy suddenly white flashes came out of nowhere and i tried to blink rapidly to get rid of them but they still came...

I shook my head quickly, I felt myself slipping from reality, blacking out. I managed to get myself together and stumbled to bed, I collapsed forwards, putting my two hands on the bed and rolled over onto the bed, instantly passing out...

Author's Note:

Incidentally, Divinity 2: DKS has a great soundtrack, I'd recommend listening to it.