• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 5,887 Views, 132 Comments

Achieving Divinity: A New World - The Joeker



Catastrophe! After a spell gone wrong, Tyrath Kyelinth - The last Dragon-Knight of Rivellon, has been spirited away to lands unknown! Now with no idea where to go, he must survive by learning the value of friendship among others. How will he fare...?

  • ...
33
 132
 5,887

Chapter 8: Date Night, Draconic Urges & Meddling Goblins

;40 minutes earlier - Third Pony POV - Canterlot;

"Luna!" Exclaimed Celestia, bursting into her siblings' room.

"What is it sister?!" Asked Luna, sitting up in bed, her eyes bloodshot and her mane disheveled because of the rude awakening. Usually she didn't even acknowledge when somepony tries to wake her up but she was worried something was wrong... Until she saw the humongous smile on her sister's face.

"Guess what?" Asked Celestia in a sing-song voice, skipping over to Luna's bed.

"I don't know, Blueblood fell over in an awkward position again?" Asked Luna with a reminiscent smile before yawning.

"No, no! He's always on the lookout for hoof-high string now." Celesta waved off her sister's guess with a hoof.

"Hmm... The nobles finally decided to leave us alone?" Asked Luna hopefully.

"Ha! We wish!" Exclaimed Celestia.

"Well, what Tia? Spit it out!" Exclaimed Luna.

"So you give up?" Asked Celestia playfully. It had been a long time since her sister was in this good a mood.

"Yes!" Exclaimed Luna with a laugh.

Celestia grabbed her sister out of bed and danced happily with her.

"I have a date! I have a date! I have a date!" Sang her sister with absolute glee as they danced. Luna had a confused look on her face though.

"Really? With whom?" Asked Luna as they stopped.

"Can you guess that as well?" Asked Celestia.

"Hmm... Fancypants?" Asked Luna, nudging her sister playfully.

"No! With Ego!" Informed Celestia.

"Oh...! Really?" Asked Luna, seemingly disappointed.

"Yes...! What's wrong Luna?" Asked Celestia.

"Hmm? Oh nothing Tia." She waved her sister off and sat on the bed.

"No, not nothing Lulu, what is it?" Asked Celestia, sitting on the bed next to her sister.

"Really, it's nothing... I'm happy for you!" Exclaimed Luna.

"Please Luna, don't keep this bottled up." Implored Celestia.

"..." Her sister said nothing, just looked away.

"Did you like him too?" Asked Celestia, putting a hoof on her sister's back.

"...Yes." She admitted with a sigh. "But he asked you, not me." She said, smiling at her sister, genuinely happy for her.

"Lulu, you're my sister. I love you more than I do any stallion. I won't go on this date if you feel like that." Resolved Celestia.

"No! You have to! I won't get in the way of your happiness. I'll feel worse if you don't go." Said Luna

"Fine. But I'll talk to him and see if he's willing to take you on a date as well. Who knows? He might like two mares. Most stallions have more than one." Shrugged Celestia. It was true. The population was unbalanced so some stallions had to take more than one mare.

"But what if in his world it's not like that?! What if you offend him in some way? I couldn't be responsible for your date going wrong! And I don't want to intrude on you both..." Said Luna.

"You won't Lulu. I promise." Said Celestia, hugging her sister. "And you're my sister, I don't mind sharing." She smiled with a laugh, feeling Luna blush.

"Thank you sister." Smiled Luna as they let go.

"I love you little sister." Smiled Celestia.

"Right then. Let's get you ready for your date." Smiled Luna, jumping off the bed, preparing to doll her sister up.

;Meanwhile -Tyrath's POV - Ponyville;

I went back to the boutique and saw Rarity talking to somepony who I couldn't see...

"So, next time you and your friends wish to stay you can forget it!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry Rarity we just-" Came a small voice.

"Ah! To your room, I'll let mother and father know about this." She scolded, I saw one of the fillies from the wedding walk upstairs in a sulk. I think it was her little sister...

"Problems?" I asked.

"Ah! Ego!" She exclaimed.

"Well?" I asked.

"Oh no, just my little sister, Sweetie Belle and her friends, they ruined a dress I was making during a paint fight." She said. it obviously stressed her...

"Let's see." I said.

"Well... I usually don't let anypony view the dress before it's complete... But you aren't a Pony!" She realised and levitated the dress over...

"Huh, that's no problem." I shrugged. I got a wet cloth and dabbed the dress with it.

"I know how to do that..." She said.

"I'm not finished." I smiled. I teleported back to the Battle Tower and grabbed a bottle of brandy.

"How will drinking help?" She asked. I took a swing from the bottle and looked at it.

"Farewell good soldier. You served well." I saluted the bottle with one hand and poured it on the stain with the other.

"What are you doing?!" Panicked Rarity. I got a dry paintbrush from the storeroom and rubbed the paint off.

"There." I said, the dress was clean.

"I... I... How..." She stuttered.

"A little trick I once picked up while mindreading a woman washing her clothes." I shrugged.

"Thank you! How much work could have been avoided if I knew this..." She said.

"Well, it does need to be strong alcohol, so..." I said.

"Anyway, you are just in time! I have finished your attire! I was thinking about making you a suit, but I thought 'No! Ego is not a serious suit kind of colt!' and I'm pretty sure Princess Celestia has seen enough suits during her reign to drive her mad! To me, you seem like a cool, carefree kind of stallion, so here." She said and produced some strange garments...

"Err..." I said.

"Ah, I can see your confusion. This is a black (artificial leather) trenchcoat, stallions wear it to add mystery to them, I thought that suited you to a T." She smiled. "Complete with a pair of black trousers and black boots! You are a stallion who does not like to be confined, so boots and trousers are the right way to go! I also procured some sunglasses and a white t-shirt for a more casual look." She smiled. They were Pony garments so I had to switch form, but I was going to wait.

"Rarity! This is perfect!" I exclaimed.

"I just knew you'd love it! You need to look cool, not smart." Announced Rarity. I stripped to my underwear and I went in the bathroom for a shower and shave before I put my clothes on. I entered the shower and saw it was incredibly low... But I made due.

After that I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I used the knife on my belt to shave, I saw some shaving cream on the bathroom sink.

"Err, who's is this?" I called, holding the shaving cream out the door.

"That? Oh it's my fathers. You can use it." Said Rarity. I started to work on my beard.

"I'm glad you didn't go for smart Rarity!" I called.

"Think nothing of it dear." She replied.

"Ah've heard she despises 'smart'." Chimed Applejack as her and the other girls walked in.

"Huh? Ah!" I exclaimed as I nicked myself with the knife, they walked in and distracted me just as I almost finished perfectly. I find it surprising that a hit from a greatsword doesn't do shit to me, but a small cut stings like Tartarus.

I walked out of the bathroom with a small towel around my neck and a large one around my waist. I had a small piece of toilet paper on my face to quell the bleeding while my regenerative blood took care of the cut.

"You see, Princess Celestia is mostly an enigma, much like you actually. She seems regal and serious, but take it from me, I lived in the castle for some years and she is not all serious." Said Twilight as I dried my hair with my neck towel.

"Ya see pardner, I think she hates those snobby well-to-do Ponies as much as we do. But she just don't show it. If you turned up in a suit all serious like, it'd be like takin' her work on a date. Ya need ta be like yerself. Don't put on an act." Said Applejack.

"Yeah, I mean, what's the point of a relationship if it's based on a lie?" Asked Rainbow.

"Yeah! I mean, it could start out good! But then she finds out! You have a big fight! You break up! And then you sink into a depression from which you'll never recover!" Yelled Pinkie. "I mean, go get 'em tiger!" She exclaimed as the others stared at her.

"Yeah, you'll do fine!" Exclaimed Spike, who accompanied Twilight. "Dragons are awesome! There no way she doesn't kiss you by the end." He said.

"Thanks. You're right. I won't put on an act." I nodded, I switched to Pony Form and I went behind a curtain and changed into my new attire. I teleported my armor to my teleportation chest.

"Come on dear! Don't keep us waiting!" Exclaimed Rarity, barely containing her excitement.

"Ok, here I come!" I said, I stepped out and the girls mouths dropped.

"Oh my... Why darling! You look absolutely dashing!" Exclaimed Rarity, straightening a few things out on my clothes. "I wasn't even sure this would work!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, you're bound to attract the attention of more than a few mares!" Complimented Twilight.

"You look awesome! Like you're ready to kick butt and go on a date! It's like the best outfit ever!" Said Rainbow.

"Holy hay, you look amazing!" Exclaimed Pinkie.

"You look really great." Mumbled Fluttershy.

"Pardner, I gotta be honest. You look like you could melt the eyes an' heart outta tha Princess." Smiled Applejack.

"You look dangerous! Ready for action! Kicking butt and breaking hearts!" He exclaimed. "Err, maybe not that last one." Chuckled Spike as the others looked at him.

"Thanks guys." I smiled and we all headed for the train station. I saw the 7:30 train to Canterlot pull up. I got in and to my surprise so did the 7 others with me.

"We're not leavin' ya yet pardner. Gotta make sure you ain't havin' second thoughts." Winked Applejack.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Suddenly the train pulled out of the station.

"Too late now!" Exclaimed Pinkie. "TO CANTERLOT!!!" She yelled, pointing out the window.

"That's where we're goin' lady." Said the conductor. Holding his hoof out for tickets...

;25 minutes later;

Through the 30 minute journey I was getting more and more nervous... Tapping my fingers together...

"Fuck fuck fuck... What am I going to say?" I asked mostly myself.

"You'll do fine!" Exclaimed Rainbow.

"Yeah! You've got like, nothing to worry about! Except boring her... And-" Pinkie stopped as Applejack stuffed an apple in her mouth.

"It'll be fine pardner. Just show 'er that yer not after 'er for the crown or 'er money! Other than that, treat it like yer out with a friend." Smiled Applejack.

"I just... I've never... I don't..." I stammered. .

I took a calming breath.

"I mean... I've hunted and killed Black Ring. I've brawled with Demons. I've clashed with Flying Islands, engaged in fights with ghosts! Clashed with assassins, fought Goblins. Assaulted the great Black Ring Generals! Met face to face with Damien the Damned One. More than once and lived to tell the tale! Tartarus, I've even taken on the fucking undead!" I said quickly. "After all that, I'm alive. I tell ya, It's a fucking miracle, but I'm alive." I breathed. "But, even through all that, I've never talked to a woman, or mare in this case, as a potential girl or marefriend or whatever it is here..." I said, shifting around.

"Calm down dear!" Exclaimed Rarity with a chuckle.

"Wow! You've been through a lot!" Exclaimed Twilight.

"I know." I nodded.

"How old are you? If you don't mind me asking." Mumbled Fluttershy.

"20." I answered.

"Really!?" Asked Twilight.

"That's all?" Asked Applejack.

"Yep. I was 19 at the start of my adventure. I became a Dragon-Knight on my 20th birthday." I answered.

"Wow!" Exclaimed all the girls.

"I'm only 24. An' I've been through what ah consider quite a bit! But compared to you it seems like ah've done nothin' but sit on mah haunches!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah! I'm only 19 but you seem like you experienced more than me by 18!" Laughed Twilight.

"No! Don't belittle yourselves! You've all led extraordinary lives I'm sure!" I argued.

"True!" Exclaimed Pinkie.

"I mean, you all represent these 'Elements of Harmony' that bind you together. They seem to really bind you all together so tight you couldn't drive a greatsword in this friendship with a battlehammer." I chuckled.

"Yeah. The first time we met, I was grumpy. A stick in the mud. I had no interest in making friends, Spike always tried to convinced me to make friends but I always blew him off. But then I realised these 5 were my best friends. And we've been friends ever since." Said Twilight.

"It sounds awesome. I can only imagine what having best friends is like." I smiled sadly.

"Pardner, what do ah keep sayin'?" Asked Applejack.

"I know. We're all friends! But not best friends. Right?" I asked, looking up. The girls went to speak but quietened.

"Err, yes!" Exclaimed Twilight with a fake smile.

"It's good. We don't all know each other that well yet. I'm not an 'Element'. I have to earn the title of best friend. It's fine." I nodded.

"Have you ever had a best friend?" Asked Twilight.

"Hmm... Rhode maybe. But I also had a crush on her so... Hmm." I shrugged. "Marius, Gene and Gunther. But I'm pretty sure I voided that friendship when I slaughtered them in cold blood." I said gravely.

"Now now dear, don't be thinking about that. And you are very close to best friend status! In fact I'd say you are on the precipice!" Exclaimed Rarity with a smile.

"Thanks. Back on subject... The fuck am I going to say to her?!" I exclaimed, beginning to worry again.

"If you want I have book on how to flirt." Smiled Twilight.

"No, I'll just be myself. I don't need some book." I resolved.

"That’s right darling! You'll get by on looks and personality! And you only really need the latter to charm somepony!" Exclaimed Rarity.

"Huh? Ah reckon I seen you yerself charm stallions into doin' stuff for ya with yer looks more than once." Said Applejack, winking at Rarity playfully. "Like before the Grand Gallopin' Gala? With the stallions you persuaded inta pullin' our carriage?" She asked with a smirk.

"What I meant was, looks aren't so important in a long term relationship." Explained Rarity, rolling her eyes at Applejack. "Not that you aren't good looking! You are! It's just you don't need them..." Stumbled Rarity, trying to explain.

"What they mean is, your scars. Mares don't really like scars. It's quite off putting for them actually... Although, I actually don't mind them. But just so you know, I don't know if the Princess does..." Admitted Twilight.

"I have faith in you." Smiled Spike.

"Thanks buddy." I smiled back.

"You'll be fine." Said Fluttershy with a stern nod, surprisingly assertively.

"Thanks..." I said as the train pulled up... My gut was in a knot... I prayed to Lucien this would go well...

;25 minutes earlier - Third Pony POV - Canterlot;

"Luna... He'll be here soon..." Said Celestia, pacing in her bedroom as Luna sat on the bed and watched her. She then chuckled.

"Sister, you'll wear a hole in the floor." Luna sighed and rolled her eyes.

"But what if he's changed his mind?! What if he stands me up?! What if he thinks I'm not beautiful?!" She asked, growing more and more frantic by the minute.

"Sister!" Exclaimed Luna, she stopped pacing and turned to Luna.

"Hmm?" Asked Celestia with questioning eyes.

"It'll be fine, he's the one who asked you. He'll be here. And if he isn't, it's his loss. And don't worry, you look beautiful." Assured Luna with a laugh. Celestia blushed.

"Oh thank you Lulu!" Exclaimed Celestia, almost crushing her sister in a hug.

"It’s OK." She strained as her sister let go. "I mean, I should know. I made you beautiful." Smiled Luna.

"Why Luna, are you suggesting without your makeup I would be unattractive?" Asked Celestia.

"No, not at all! I am merely suggesting it helps..." She chuckled.

"But Luna, it's been so long since a stallion tried to court me, at least genuinely. And none of them got this far... I don't know if I even know what to say to him!" Celestia started to panic again. "I really do like him Luna! But he's not the same as the nobles, he has the guts to reject me... To tell me how it is.... Which is good I suppose, I'll know instantly if it's not going well..." She said worriedly.

"Sister, as I keep saying. You will be OK. Just one thing to do with your concern, and I hate to even suggest this..." Started Luna.

"What?" Asked Celestia.

"Just... Make sure he's interested in you, not our crown or our wealth. Remember what happened last time..." She said, they referred to the crown in plural rather than singular to signify their shared Court.

"I know..." Said Celestia sadly.

"But I have faith he's not like any other stallion. That he does like you for you." Smiled Luna.

"I think so to." Smiled Celestia.

"He already has wealth in abundance, and from what I can tell he has no prospect of even becoming a true Prince. In fact I do not even think he has considered that, if you do get that far he will become one officially." Assured Luna.

"Do you remember the last time?" Asked Celestia.

"I do. It was... 2000 years ago I believe? We were discussing children. Eventually we both admitted we someday want our own. Then we both decided to give some stallions a chance. I assume you remember the rest..." Said Luna, looking away.

"I do. I wanted a reminder of what we are fighting for here." She smiled.

"Agreed. True love." Smiled Luna in return.

"I hope he feels the same..." Shuddered Celestia.

"Well, I best go. You'll be fine, I'll await him at the station and escort him to your room." Smiled Luna.

"Thank you Luna... Don't you try anything!" Said Celestia playfully.

"Sister, it's your job to see if he actually likes me, I leave it in your capable hooves." Smiled Luna as she shut the door to her sister's room. "And good luck." She said even though she was out of earshot.

;15 minutes later - Canterlot Train Station - Tyrath's POV;

I let out a breath as the train came to a screeching halt. I got off and saw Princess Luna waiting at the train station.

"Princess Luna!" I exclaimed and bowed.

"Rise. My, you look most handsome." She said as I kissed her hoof.

"Thank you Princess. You look lovely, as always." I said, practising my flirting on Princess Luna to boost my confidence.

"Oh you charmer, I thought you were taking my sister out! But I must say, you do suit those clothes. Sister will love them." Complimented Princess Luna.

"It was nothing Your Highness." Came the voice of Rarity.

"I was not aware you were bringing company." Said Princess Luna, leaning left of me, seeing the Mane 6 and Spike.

"Luna! Good to see you! We're just here to make sure Ego doesn't lose his nerve. We'll be going now." Said Twilight, staying on the train and pushing me out.

I let out an 'eep!' of my own as she did...

What? I was fucking terrified!

"Thank you Twilight." Smiled Princess Luna as the train doors closed.

"It's good to see you up and about." I smiled at her.

"Thank you." Nodded Princess Luna. "Follow me." She said, turning and walking, I stood there for a second before jogging after her.

"So, I look handsome?" I asked slightly worriedly... Ok, a lot worriedly.

"Yes, not to worry. I'm glad you didn't wear a suit. There are plenty of those around." Said Princess Luna sourly.

"Rarity thought as much." I laughed. As we walked I saw the nobles that were around were avoiding Princess Luna as if she had the plague.

"Why are they steering clear of you?" I asked.

"... I suppose there is no point in hiding it. Some time ago, about 1000 years or so, I was growing angry at everything. At my sister, myself, the ponies... Because nopony appreciated my night." She explained.

"I don't know how much my opinion counts, but I think it's beautiful." I said. "Like you." I whispered. Luckily she didn't hear me.

"Thank you. It does count. Even now, these ponies are all going home. Only you, sister, my guards and the nobles who weren't seen to by my sister are up and about. I grew so angry that I formed an entity to pour all my anger and hatred into as to disguise it from my sister. I am now sure would have helped me if she knew." She carried on.

"That's not healthy." I said.

"I know. Eventually this entity took on a mind of it's own and convinced me to let it in. I turned against everypony. My sister, my very few friends, my loyal guards. The entity consumed me and she took on the name Nightmare Moon. I was going to harm my own sister. She managed to use the Elements of Harmony to stop me, she sent me to the moon. For 1000 years I was alone up there..." Said Princess Luna sadly, almost crying.

"Princess..." I started.

"Until 2 and a half years ago when the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration came around. The Nightmare was freed and tried to steal the Elements of Harmony. But Twilight and her friends stopped her - me from ruling Equestria with eternal night." She admitted, looking down, again looking as if she were about to cry.

"Come on Princess, you're good, one of the best ponies I know..." I said.

"Thank you Ego." She smiled. She stopped for a second, she leaned forward... I coughed and shook my head quickly. She looked down either because of the anger thing or because of the close kiss. We kept walking.

"Anyway, it wasn't you." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked, looking up and turning back to me.

"You forgave me for something I didn't do. I'm sure everypony has done the same for you. No matter what you or even they think, it wasn't you." I said, putting my wing on her back and smiling at her.

"Thank you Ego, but I'm not sure..." She said.

"Well I am. Changing subject, what restaurant would you recommend?" I asked.

"The Hitching Post, just across the street from here." She pointed with a wing. Her wings looked lovely...

"I see." I nodded.

"it's expensive but I'm sure Tia won't mind-" I cut her off.

"No, I'm paying for the entire night." I said.

"Are you sure? You have given us so much..." She said.

"I may never have dated before or even hit on a girl, but I know this. The respectable men pay for everything." I said.

"Very well, it is expensive but it serves gems, something which you eat I believe?" Informed Princess Luna.

"Thank you Princess." I smiled. I entered a flower shop and got the best bouquet I could.

After I did that, we approached the Castle. We entered and turned left and headed up a set of stairs to the living quarters. Stopping outside Princess Celestia's room.

"Your date awaits you." She said and gestured right to the room with her left hoof.

I pushed open the door and saw the Princess there, she smiled at me nervously...

Holy shitbiscuits... She was beautiful... She had red lipstick on, black eye liner, mascara... The whole nine yards... She also had a beautiful dress on. Her mane looked even more amazing somehow... She spread her wings a little, I had no idea wings could look beautiful, but these sisters seem to blow the possible away. Eye of the Patriarch style. Her wings looked as if she had done something to them to make them look better... She really made an effort, and it showed..

She looked like any stallion or even man's dream girl, or mare. Even some mares would find her attractive! Many stallions must dream of her, of taking her out for a night. And I was the lucky guy. Fuck it that she was a pony. No more denial. This is going to work or it's not. Except the fact I find her attractive, I can't deny that worked...

"You-" ... "You lo-" We both started at once, we both looked away.

"Please, ladies first." I said, still mesmerised by her... My heart was pounding in my chest. I felt as I it was going to explode. If her and her sister looked angelic normally and can increase their beauty even then... then they must be the goddesses of beauty... I was about to have a heart attack... Each time her wings fluttered my heart skipped a beat.

"You look really handsome, but I miss the beard." She chuckled nervously. She liked the beard? Hmm... Contrary to what I hear about females but then again. She was a Pony... "You really suited it. It made you look very stallionly. Like a warrior." She smiled.

"Well... You look gorgeous... Absolutely stunning... There are just no words... Angelic..." I said. Ok, that time she definitely blushed. I think I may have a panic attack.

"Thank you." She said, we just stood there for about a minute before I remembered.

"Oh, err... Here. Although these pale in comparison to your beauty." I said and handed her the flowers.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me..." She smiled and sniffed them, putting one behind her ear. Holy shit...

"Shall we?" I asked, holding my foreleg out and she wrapped her hoof around it.

I walked her to The Hitching Post. On the way the few nobles that were out were scoffing at the sight of us two, but we didn't care. I pulled her close with a wing and she lay her head on my shoulder. I kept stealing glances at her wings as we walked, I don't know what it was about them...

Some of the nobles even looked jealous, stopping to gape at us, some even scowling at me. I laughed at them. As if they had a chance... Then again, if she was going out with me...

"Do you like scars?" I asked out the blue. Damnit Ty! You need to do better!

"Hmm?" She asked, raising her head from my shoulder.

"Twilight told me most mares dislike scars. Although she herself is an exception." I said.

"I do." She smiled.

"Just wondering." I shrugged. Inside I was relieved. We stopped outside the place.

"The Hitching Post? Are you trying to bankrupt the kingdom?" She laughed and I joined in.

"No, because I'm paying for everything tonight." I said.

"But you've given us so much for free!" She exclaimed.

"I don't care. I have plenty of gold." I said to her and we entered. "So why not share it with one of the most beautiful mares in the world?" I whispered in her ear. She held a blush and her breath hitched, did her tail twitch?

"Good evening... Sir? And- Princess?!" Said the waiter, bowing before her.

"Please, rise." She said.

"We require a table." I said.

"Of course sir!" He exclaimed and led us to a booth. We sat down. He gave us our menus and left us to choose.

"So... How have you been Pri-" I started.

"Please, we're dating. It's Celestia." She smiled.

"Very well Celestia..." I said, it felt wrong to say just her name, I felt as if I hadn't earned the privilege. "How have you been?" I asked.

"Not too good. I say that, but everything except Court has been good." She said.

"Fancy some wine?" I asked.

"Yes, they sell Sunburst Star here... Oh but look at the price! It's a ripoff!" Exclaimed Celestia as quietly as possible, giggling at sharing gossip, however minor.

"Hmm." I said. She wanted something, she was going to get it.

"Any drinks sir?" Asked the waiter.

"A bottle of Sunburst Star." I smiled, handing him the wine menu without a glance.

"Of course. Excellent choice." He smiled.

"Ego! You didn’t have to do that!" She exclaimed, seemingly worried about my coffers.

"For you Celestia, no price is too high." I smiled. Again, she blushed.

"Thank you..." She smiled.

"I'd buy you the very stars if it would make you happy." I said to her.

"Ego...!" She breathed, looking down. Glancing up... Shyly at me? A few times.

"Anything you want, I'll get for you. I don't care what it takes." I smiled.

"Stop!" She blushed.

"What?" I asked.

"You should know... Nopony has ever told me I am beautiful before. Not truthfully. Nopony has been willing to pay for me on a night out. They assume because I am a Princess I can pick up the bill. It is true, but I think i've always wanted a stallion to treat me as if I'm not." She said. "All they care about is the crown on my head and the coin in my coffers." She said sadly. It pissed me off. They actually gave some stallions a chance before? And all they wanted was the crown? I gritted my teeth.

"Princess, if I could go back in time, I would do it so I could meet you and take you out... I'd treat you right until the day we died if only to spare you heartache." I said, holding her hooves in my own.

"You... Would?" She asked, she was actually beginning to cry...

"I would. If anypony ever hurt you... Well, you saw earlier what I did. You're a wonderful mare." I answered.

"That... Is so sweet of you to say..." She sniffed.

"So! What do you fancy?" I asked, trying to avoid the waterfall.

"I think just a salad." She smiled, managing to stop herself from crying. Incidentally... Salad was the cheapest thing on the menu.

"Celestia, tonight you are my date. Order whatever you want." I said to her, she looked at the menu again.

"But I must keep in shape." She said, looking up from the menu.

"Keep in shape? Fuck me... Celestia, you could eat 5000 cakes and you'd only downgrade to 'angelic shape' right now you are in goddess shape. You really look incredibly beautiful, even without all the makeup you still look perfect. I love everything about you. Your playful personality, I hate that you have to keep it bottled up in favour of the noble pricks." I said.

"Is there... Anything else you like?" She asked suggestively.

"Now that you mention it... Your looks. It's mostly about personality, but... I fucking struck gold... Hell, I struck Malachite Gems. Your body is in amazing condition. You're curvy in all the right places, your flank is... Well, big in a fantastic way. It's as if you were designed to be the perfect mare. I see your muscles, your amazingly toned body. You must work out. I like that in a wo- Err mare." I said.

"Really? You like it? Not many stallions do like my muscles or the fact that Luna and I work out... It intimidates them or repulses them..." She said.

"Not me. They are perfect. I think they add to... Forgive my bluntness, but your already absolutely perfect body." I smiled. She broke out in the deepest blush I've ever seen...

"Thank you..." She said and I looked her in the eyes... Her beautiful magenta orbs that could bring any stallion to his knees. As we locked eyes, my breath hitched... I wanted to grab her and kiss her... My heart pounded...

"Ready to order?" Asked the waiter as he gave us the wine. Allowing me to regain some control of myself.

"I'll have the tomato soup to start and the tofu burger." She concluded.

"I'll have the nachos to start and the roasted vegetables." I said.

"Right away sir." Said the waiter and walked away.

"I have a question." I said.

"Ask away." She smiled.

"You must get a thousand stallions asking for your hoof in marriage a day, but you chose me, a foreigner, an alien even, as your date. Why?" I asked as our food arrived.

"I have stallions and mares asking for my hoof..." She said... Suggestively?

"Really?"

"Mmm hmm. Well... I have a confession." She took a breath...

"Yes?" I asked.

"You deserve to know... I'm bisexual, I think. Well, in fact, most mares are. With the stallion - mare population balance so low, some mares just satisfy each other's needs. I have never tried it, but I have wanted to." She admitted. Talking quickly.

"You needed to get that of your chest, hmm?" I asked.

"Yes. I am sorry. I've blown it haven't I?" She asked.

"No, I find that kind of... Sexy." I admitted.

"You... You do?" She asked.

"Yes." I shrugged.

"Maybe I can put a show on for you sometime?" She whispered... Her talking dirty was really hot...

"So, why chose an alien over somepony else?" I asked.

"But you're more than just an alien or a foreigner, you're a saviour. A hero. Like I said, you don't care about mine and Luna's crown, or our wealth, you asked me because you care, because you are genuinely interested in me... I hope." She smiled as she ate her soup with a spoon in her magic and I started on my nachos.

"Sassan asked me if I liked you both. I told her I thought you were too serious." I admitted.

"Really?" She asked.

"I was also disgusted... I mean, you're a different species!" I added.

"Ah..." Her ears flattened. I upset her...

"Well, she disagreed and told me I should get to know you both better. She told me to prank you both and if your reactions were what she thought, which was that you would love it, I had to ask you out. But if you took it serious then I didn't have to. She knew what I wanted even before I did." I explained as I ate. She perked up. "You are beautiful. Make no mistake. I misjudged you and Sassan told me to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. I really like you. I no longer care about the species barrier." I smiled.

"So, you really think I am beautiful then?" She asked, eating her soup.

"I think you're a damn sight more than beautiful. There are no words to describe how gorgeous you are." I said.

"Aww... But what about Luna?" Asked Celestia nonchalantly, but caused me to stop eating for a second.

"What about Princess Luna?" I asked.

"Do you think my sister is beautiful?" Asked Celestia, again nonchalantly, as if that’s what you ask someone or somepony while on a date...

"Well... Yes, I will admit, she is an attractive mare... You both are." I said.

"Well, why didn't you ask her out?" Quizzed Celestia.

"I... Err... Because you told me you wanted to get to know me and we never got the chance... Plus I do really like you... Both of you... Why are you asking?" I asked.

"Well, why don't you ask her out?" Asked Celestia.

"Because we're going out, I would never double date, it's disrespectful." I said.

"Here, it's actually quite common for a stallion to have two mares, and more often than not they're sisters." She said.

"What is this? Do you want me to ask Princess Luna out?" I asked.

"Yes. She has been lonely for so many years. I have been busy with Court and haven't spent as much time with my baby sister as I should." She said.

"So... That's what this is about?" I asked.

"No! I do want to go out with you, really! it's just I am thinking about my little sister. She likes you as well you know?" She asked.

"She does? Well... As long as you're sure you don't mind... I don't mind." I told her. I can't believe this... Was I really going through with this?

"I promise, I don't mind. In fact I'd love it if you did ask her. It would make her happy, and by extension, make me happy." She smiled as we finished our starters and had some wine.

"Well, why is Court so bad anyway? Have any nobles insulted you?" I asked.

"No! It's just annoying..." She said as the waiter took our dishes away.

"I don't blame you. You and Princess Luna both brought peace to Equestria and they treat you like crap, they don't have the right to talk to you like they do. They don't have the right to treat Princess Luna like they do." I said, shaking my head in disgust at them. "They have no right to take up your time, to not let you live a life of your own. You deserve that. You both do." I said.

"There is little we can do." She said.

"Yes there is. You need to put them in their place. You and Princess Luna both." I said.

"I don't know if I have the energy anymore..." She said. Seeing her so run-down like this broke my heart. She deserved better than this. So did Princess Luna. I needed to kick these nobles into line somehow...

"Listen, I make damn sure that no one but me runs my life. You need to as well." I insisted.

"Your entrees." Said the waiter, giving us our food.

"Let's change subject. I abhor talking about the nobles." Said Celestia. Taking a hearty bite from her burger.

"Ok then, how's Princess Cadance been doing?" I asked. Cutting into my veg and taking a bite. I could swear I saw her begin to crack a wide smile...

"She has been doing fine. That reminds me, she told me to tell you if I saw her first that she sends her best wishes. And to say thanks for the kiss." Chuckled Celestia.

"Wha..." My mouth dropped.

"She explained to Luna and I why she kissed you. She saw that you had some kind of buried emotion. I think now, we know it was the want to ask Luna and I out. And the feeling that you should have kissed her in the Crystal Empire... She... Loves you. She really does. Shining Armor has been ignoring her. Telling her if she loves you so much why doesn't she marry you instead." She explained. "She has been trying so hard to make it work. Even though you didn't kiss her and you acted selflessly, he doesn't care. But... We don't know. It has been getting better. Although she wants to see you sometime." She told me.

"Well, tell her if you see her first that I hope she's doing OK. And I would like to see her." I smiled.

"I shall." She nodded. "Maybe you could 'see' all three of us?" She winked, holy crap she was amazingly forward sometimes...

"How was your food?" I asked with a gulp. Changing subject...

"Nice, thank you. And yours?" She smiled, licking sauce from around her muzzle as she finished. She was so adorable... In a beautiful way.

"Nice. This was an amazing meal." I said and put my knife and fork down.

"Good." She said.

"But the food isn't half as good as the company." I smiled.

"Likewise." She smiled.

"For dessert?" Asked the waiter, I looked at the menu.

"I'll have the Diamond Dazzle." I said.

"Very good sir. Your Majesty?" Asked the waiter.

"I'll have chocolate fudge cake." She smiled. The waiter took the menus.

"That’s more like it." I smiled at her.

"Well, you wouldn't let me order anything else." She laughed.

"I love your laugh. It's as beautiful as you. It's a shame you don't laugh more often. Or even smile. Your smile lights up the room. I would spend my life looking at you smiling. Your smile lights up everypony's life. Your smile is something I can't get my eyes off of. Its beautiful. Not the fake smile you put on for the nobles. Your genuine smile." I said to her.

"Oh... Thank you." She blushed. Smiling more.

"Please stop. I love your smile but it's going to kill me." I chuckled.

"And I love your sense of humour. I only smile when something makes me happy. Like you." She said...

"I... Thanks." I smiled. Looking into her dazzling amythest eyes... She made me feel as though there was nothing else in the world but us...

"Picture, Your Majesty?" Asked a Pony with a strange device.

"Yes please." She nodded.

"But won't that be uncomfortable? Sitting here for hours?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh no, all you have to do is look at that lens. It's instant." She pointed to the glass sticky-outy part of the device.

"Really? Interesting..." I said.

"Smile you two." Said the Pony, I looked at the 'lens' but then the Princess nuzzled me and kissed my cheek as it flashed... I think I went red...

"Perfect Your Majesty! I will deliver this to your room framed and blown up later." He said. I got a glance at the small picture, it was of her kissing my cheek and my blushing.

"Blown-" I started.

"He means made bigger." She chuckled.

"Ah. Oh, what was that face, cheek on mine thing?" I asked.

"A nuzzle. It's a show of affection to our children, best friends, siblings... And lovers." She whispered. My knees felt weak, my heart pounded so hard it was in my mouth... She looked into my eyes, her tail brushed my hind leg, her wings fluttered...

As I ran my eyes over her perfection... They landed on her amazing muzzle. She was shining in my eyes...

Something stirred inside me... Some kind of instinct... Extremely protective... As if, if anypony other than me I even tried to court her, or insulted her, I would tear them apart. Hell, if any other stallion glanced at my mare like he would try anything... Or looked at her the wrong way... There would be a lot of cleaning up...

The instinct was not human, it felt... Dragon... Like when I see gems and I instantly think 'delicious'. It comes subconsciously, this was the same, it must be some kind of Dragon thing... Fuck... My body quivered as I ran my eyes over her... I felt something between my legs... I started breathing heavily. I licked my lips... She was mine...

I don't know what it was, but I wanted her... Fuck, I desired her... No... I needed her... I was literally seconds away from pouncing on her, hell, I even reared up slightly... Before she refilled our glasses and the splashing of liquid jolted me back to reality...

"Are you OK? Your eyes went yellow and they narrowed... You growled a little..." She said slightly worriedly as she replaced the wine bottle. Luckily, the problem between my legs went away...

"Ahem... Yes, I'm fine. I just need a drink. Shall we toast?" I asked. I had to avert my eyes from her beauty lest I lose myself again.

"Yes, to us." Said Princess Celestia and raised her glass.

"To us." I agreed and we clinked glasses, drinking our wine...

;2 hours later - Outside a club in Canterlot;

Celestia and I stumbled out the club, I'd drank a hell of a lot more than she had of course...

"You dance really good." I said.

"Thank you, so do you." Smiled the Princess, we were just drunk enough for a nice buzz.

She leaned her head on my arm contentedly as we walked back to the Castle. I sighed in happiness and wrapped my wing around her neck so her head was leaning on the side of mine and she hummed her approval. I was thinking about what happened just before we toasted... How good I felt... How primal... How wild... How I wanted her. I felt the feeling still there, ready to emerge at any time.

"Princess, tonight was the best night I've ever had." I said to her as we walked up the steps, but then I realised I was pulling dead weight... She had fallen asleep.

I picked her up in my magic bridal style carefully as not to wake her. She sank into my chest and sighed, leaning her head into my neck.

I opened the door to the Throne Room quietly and saw Princess Luna sitting on the throne, she looked over to us and chuckled at the sight of me carrying her big sister to her room. I opened her door and placed her on the bed.

"Ego?" She asked, it was but a whisper. I leaned close.

"Yes, my Princess?" I asked, suddenly she shot up and kissed me deeply, I pressed back.

"Mmm... Brimstone and... A hint of burnt sulphur. Delicious." She said.

I kissed her this time, she gasped into my mouth in surprise and moaned into the kiss...

"You taste wonderful as well." I said, she tasted like... Wine?

"Are you sure you don't want to... Stay?" She asked, pulling me down slowly. The feeling stirred again... I took a shaky breath and backed up a little.

"I can't. You're tired. Maybe another time, gorgeous." I whispered, she kissed me again. I used all of my willpower to not jump her bones right there.

"Very well. I look forward to it. Goodnight, my handsome Dragon-Knight." She whispered as she broke it off, she then lay down and went back to sleep.

"Goodnight, my beautiful Princess. Sleep well." I said and silently left, closing the door as quietly as possible. I headed back to the Throne Room. And waited to walk up.

"I suppose you may approach." Smiled Princess Luna. I went before her and bowed.

"Princess Luna, I would like, respectfully of course, to ask you out on a date." I said the guards dropped their mouths. My confidence was up, so I thought I may as well get it out of the way.

"Yes! I mean, ahem, yes that would be acceptable, is in two days time OK?" She asked. Something tells me the two sisters had planned this...

"That would be fine Princess." I bowed. I exited the Castle and walked, just walked.

Now for the ultimate question... Did I love Celestia? A little too early to make a judgement call... I felt like I did, that feeling can't be unfounded... But was it just infatuation? Time would tell I suppose...

I headed along the way to Ponyville which took a good few hours. I spent the journey just thinking... When I got there, the sun was up. Meaning Princess Celestia was awake. Or Princess Luna had raised the sun for her... Even thinking about them both made that primal feeling surge up inside me.

I wandered into Ponyville at the crack of dawn. I just walked until I came upon a treehouse, I sank against the trunk and sighed, smiling in happiness.

"Huh? Ego?" Came a voice, I looked up and saw Twilight's disheveled head sticking out a window...

"Huh? Oh... Hey Twilight." I said dreamily, I was slightly delirious from being drunk, on alcohol and maybe even love, if that is possible. And because I hadn't slept for over 24 hours...

"Come in!" She exclaimed, I managed to get myself off the ground and I walked over to the door, I went inside, swaying slightly.

"Hey Twilight... Huh, figures you'd live in a library." I said quietly, looking around me at the books.

"You look tired." She observed.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." I said, again dreamily. I sat on the couch and laid down, falling asleep...

;Meanwhile - Battle Tower - Third Goblin POV;

Erlking the Goblin stepped away from a wall where he was watching Tyrath with some observation magic. He deactivated the spell and began grabbing some books from the study.

'So... The Dragon is happy? *hissss* And drunk? This is a perfect opportunity...' Thought the Goblin, cackling a little, he opened a book of spells... 'They won't remember him and nor him, them. Then I'll send him somewhere... Far away.' he thought, chuckling giddily at the thought. "You want to go back in time Dragon? Very well, but it won't be to meet your Princess, oh no..." He said. "Long live Lord Laiken. Long live The Damned One." He said as he started to chant some spells...

;Meanwhile - Ponyville - Tyrath's POV;

I woke up again... I felt something... Something powerful... A spell being cast... Not a normal spell either... I couldn't pinpoint it because of my fuzzy mind... I looked around in confusion... Suddenly a portal opened above me...

"Shiiiittttt!" I yelled as I was hurled through the portal at breakneck speed...

It all went black...

Author's Note:

The End... Perhaps? :trollestia:

Let us know if you would like a sequel.

:scootangel: