• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 5,887 Views, 132 Comments

Achieving Divinity: A New World - The Joeker



Catastrophe! After a spell gone wrong, Tyrath Kyelinth - The last Dragon-Knight of Rivellon, has been spirited away to lands unknown! Now with no idea where to go, he must survive by learning the value of friendship among others. How will he fare...?

  • ...
33
 132
 5,887

Chapter 7: Maxos' Tower/Meet the Nobles!

Author's Note:

Come on! 81 followers and 53 likes?! Come on!

Thanks to all those who have favorited and liked my story.

;Third Pony POV;

Princess Celestia was sitting on her throne... Thinking... She wasn't listening to the noble droning on before her. She and Luna loved their little ponies but some of the nobles of Canterlot were so stuck up and pompous and they... Never. Shut. Up.

Very few of them were like this but the ones that were annoyed them to no end...

Speaking of love... Her thoughts drifted to Ego... She did love him, or at least she thought she did... She at least liked him. And that seemed an understatement. After all, ponies know better than any other species when they're in love...

But how was she going to ask him out? Was she going to ask him...? No! She had to! This was a shot at happiness! But then... It seemed a little selfish, only going out with him to be happy... No, she liked him, maybe even loved him. But maybe she can try for happiness... At least once...

But what would the nobles think...? Nevermind them, what would all of her little ponies think?! They'd think she was a freak for falling for an alien!

But... he did have a pony form...

"And also, if we wish to-" Started the noble, suddenly the Princess sighed and smiled as she thought of Ego. "Princess? Is there something-" The noble cut off as somepony burst into the Throne Room.

"My Princess, there is something at the gates!" Exclaimed Captain Lone Starr, Princess Celestia's new Captain of the Guard.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I don't know Your Majesty." He said.

"Very well, I will investigate." She said, looking for any excuse to get away from the snobby nobles of Canterlot. She exited her Castle and her escort of guards lead her to the gate. "How long has it been there?" She asked.

"For about 20 minutes Your Highness." Said Starr.

"Thank you Captain." She said. They approached the gate and as the Princess went to open it her guards did it for her, she held in a sigh of annoyance at being treated like a child.

"It’s waiting outside Your Majesty." Said Starr, bowing as she walked out of the gate, he stayed by her side as they walked a few feet.

She looked around to see nothing.

"Where-" She started before Starr turned into Ego in his pony form and he leapt at her.

"BOO!" He yelled, she pretty much punched him in the face with a forehoof. Hard.

"Oh my! Ego! I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, running over to him as he looked to be in pain.

When she leaned down to see if he was OK, he grabbed her in his magic and pulled her down.

They rolled over a few times, laughing their asses off. They stopped with him on top of her, they stopped laughing slowly as they gazed into each others eyes...

;Tyrath's POV;

She has magenta eyes... I never knew that. They're... Enchanting. Lovely... Her eyes like amethysts: sharp, don’t miss a thing, wise, kindly... Beautiful. But they looked drained. Like she was carrying a weight...

Such a lovely smile... Why didn't she smile more often...?

No! Damnit! Ponies! It's fucking morally wrong! Beastialiy! It's disgusting!

"Did it work?!" Came a voice. The real Captain Lone Starr approached the group of guards as the Princess and I stood up, averting our gaze from each other.

"It worked, thanks Captain." I chuckled, hoofbumping him.

"No problem, far be it from me to keep somepony from cheering the Princess up." He said with a smile.

"Ahem, indeed. Anyway, why are you in your Pony Form?" She asked.

"Well... Because I should be. Only you, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, the Crystal Ponies and the girls know my true form." I shrugged.

"You do suit it." She smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

"Ahem. Why are you here anyway?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"I'm here to check out Maxos' Tower." I told her.

"Princess! Ego!" Exclaimed Twilight, running over and hugging me.

"Hey!" I chuckled. "What's with Ponies and hugging!?" I asked.

"It's just the way we show care." Shrugged Twilight with a smile.

"Huh." I said, shaking my head with a breath.

"Twilight! My most faithful student! Why are you here?" Asked Princess Celestia, also hugging her student.

"I'm here to visit the library!" She exclaimed.

"So, Ego. You're here to see Star Swirl's Tower?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"10 points to the Princess! Correctomundo!" I exclaimed.

"Really?! Awesome! Can I see it as well?!" Asked Twilight.

"Why not? But I have to enter first." I said.

"Of course." Nodded Twilight.

"May I also join you?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"Sure Your Majesty." I smiled.

"Just one thing. I need to ask you something." Said Princess Celestia.

"Shoot." I shrugged.

"I've been wondering... You said you were a Dragon-Knight... What does that mean?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"Oh yeah... Right. Ok, you want to know?" I asked.

"Yes!" Exclaimed Twilight.

"Very well. Hold onto your flanks." I said with a (what sounded like an evil) chuckle. I released my Dragon Form with the spell "AHH!" I cried as my bones started cracking, my form broke apart and the Dragon was released. Sometimes if I don't release my Dragon Form often, it can cause some discomfort whilst transforming.

"Holy sun..." Gasped Princess Celestia as I stood before them as a Dragon. I shifted my wings a few times to re-accommodate, my deep breathing reverberating. So deep it sounded like growling. I wasn't particularly big as a Dragon, at least not compared to true Dragons. But because even as a Human I towered over them, I did even more so in my Dragon Form.

"You're a... Dragon?!" Exclaimed Twilight. Both mares were staring open mouthed and the guards were shivering.

"Yes." I replied, my voice was extremely deep and echoey as a Dragon. "I am. I used to be a biped known as a Human. Now I am a Dragon-Knight." I told them.

"We know you call yourself a Dragon-Knight... Not that you were an actual Dragon!" Exclaimed Twilight. I saw Princess Celestia staring at me... Very unsettling... Seems endearing...? I have no idea.

"You really suit the Dragon Form as well..." She said, she was looking me over with quite a piercing stare...

"Thanks..." I said.

"Yeah, you really look nice..." Smiled Twilight... This was strange.

"You look incredibly majestic..." She said. This was getting weird...

"Yeah... So they say." I chuckled and switched back to my Alicorn Form with a slight grunt.

"Please." Smiled Princess Celestia, gesturing with a hoof for me to enter the city.

We headed inside the gates and for the first time I saw all of Canterlot in it's glory without Changelings attacking. It was amazing. I just stood at the gate, staring.

"You and Princess Luna have built an amazing society here." I smiled. They were so much more civilized than Humans that it made me embarrassed I used to be one.

"Well... I... Thank you." Blushed Princess Celestia...?! I swear I saw her blush, but when I blinked she wasn't... Maybe my mind's playing tricks on me...

"No problem." I smiled at her as we entered the city proper, Ponies were everywhere, it seemed impossible to get past...

"Sun! I hoped we could beat rush hour." Mumbled Princess Celestia.

"Hmm... Remember when you told me that I had an air of authority about me that I didn't show?" I asked.

"Yes." Said Princess Celestia.

"Well here is why I don't show it, in case I accidentally do this." I said, I let my 'Authority' ability activate.

It basically made me fearless, which isn't a good thing because it means if I'm fighting, I'm not as self-aware as I could be. So I'm not good at defense because I believe I'm invincible. But it was perfect for this. I was a nice guy, not rude, I usually wouldn't just push past ponies in the street. But with this ability I would.

I took a breath and marched forwards, I bumped snobby noble after snobby noble out of the way, they took a look at me in disdain before realising I was an Alicorn, quite a few of them cowered. Twilight and the Princess were right behind me. Eventually we got to the Castle drawbridge and I deactivated the ability I call 'Authority' with a deep breath.

"That was funny." Chuckled Princess Celestia.

"It was?" Asked Twilight.

"Yes, he just pushed those nobles out of the way like they're nothing." She laughed with glee as we walked over the drawbridge.

"Yep. Is this it?" I asked pointing to the highest room of the tallest tower. Well, at the tallest tower anyway.

"Yes. How did you know?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"Dragons have thing for Towers. But he had a thing for very tall towers, compensating for something I guess." I shrugged, leading Princess Celestia to laugh.

She even had a wonderful laugh... So lighthearted, quiet... Chaste, if you will... but it sounded... Amazing. Lovely... As a friend. Ahem.

"Huh?" Asked Twilight, leading us both to laughter. Twilight seemed to ponder it for a second before realising and also laughing.

"Ok, come on." I laughed, walking up the stairs to the door of the tower.

The lock was as jagged as the key the Princesses gave me, the key was shaped like a Dragon, the bow(round thing on the end) Was a Dragon's head and the actual key was the tail. I put the key in the lock and turned it. I heard tumblers turn and the door became ajar...

"Shall we?" Asked Princess Celestia.

I pushed the door completely open and saw a laboratory with potions still brewing and notes on each of the different flasks with liquids. There were books scattered everywhere. I saw many traps around the room that couldn't be seen if you weren't a Dragon-Knight... Ok I lied, I can only see them because I've fell into some traps before...

Ok, a lot of traps before...

"Stop." I put my hand up and the two ponies stopped dead in their tracks behind me. "Kaazir." I spoke, deactivating the traps, I knew this because Maxos mentioned the password in his diary.

"What was that?" Asked Twilight.

"A password." I answered.

"The Tower was booby trapped." Said Princess Celestia with a nod, realising how we Dragons protect our treasure.

I read some of the potion labels... 'Potion of Life Line' 'Potion of Mana' 'Potion of Flight' 'Potion of Magic' they were all experimental powerful potions. But what caught my eye was the book on the table.

Another diary! This time Star Swirl's, not Maxos'!
.
"His second diary!" I exclaimed, Princess Celestia and Twilight walked over and looked over my shoulders as I blew the cover of the diary, clearing the dust off of it. I opened it with magic and Star Swirl himself appeared out of it...

"Dragon-Knight..." He said.

"Fucking shit!" I yelled and jumped about 2 feet in the air in fright. "Maxos...!" I said in awe as I recovered gracefully.

"What? Who are you talking to?" Asked Twilight.

"Oh yes, Twilight can't see him." Said Princess Celestia. She had the sight to see ghosts? She must have been given it...

"How about now?" Asked Maxos, giving her the sight.

"Ah!" She yelled and hid behind Princess Celestia as she saw him. The Princess chuckled as her student cowered.

"Yes Dragon-Knight. It is I. I have been waiting for you here for a long time, I couldn't rest in peace until you were here." He said. I bowed down to him.

"So. You're a ghost?" I asked. Stupid fucking question, of course he is!

"Yes Dragon-Knight. The Hall of Echoes awaits me a second time. This time for good. But for now, listen. You have a great destiny ahead of you as I'm sure Island told you." He said.

"Yes, but she wasn't sure what it is..." I said.

"Neither am I to be truthful. But I do know this. You are the perfect student. You left behind your Human sins and accepted the life of the Dragon with little struggle, you let go of the Human's vices as best you could but kept the best parts of your humanity. Earning what you have. Not taking from the innocent to get it." He explained.

"I would never do that." I nodded.

"But, you are only the perfect student because you are here. If you were still sulking in your Tower, I would consider you a failure. But you have exhibited the 5 things which my trials, and Bellegar's cave taught you. And one more which what you are the rightful Prince of." He said.

"What traits?" I asked.

"You have been generous, kind, honest, loyal and have given and received laughter. You have shown you are all of these in small part." He explained.

"I have?" I asked.

"Yes. You showed your generosity multiple times. You gave gold and items away with no thought of receiving anything back. You have shown your kindness by saving their lives and not wanting a reward, despite the fact you are a Dragon. That is the perfect balance of Human and Dragon. You have shown you are honest when you admitted to everypony what the vision showed you. You showed you are loyal when you made sure that vision didn't come true. You give and receive laughter constantly with jokes." He explained.

"So the vision was a test?" I asked.

"No. The vision was real. It could have happened. But you made sure it didn't." He said.

"Good." I smiled in relief.

"Your destiny is to defeat Damien. You need to be balanced to do that. You have proven you are balanced." He smiled.

"So I need these traits?" I asked.

"Yes! you have another destiny, but that is clouded. All of these are the traits of the perfect Dragon-Knight, that your six new friends also represent. You still have major flaws, yes. But I don't expect you to be perfect in every aspect. Just the aspects that matter to those around you, and your health in general. You are a perfect Dragon-Knight, not a perfect being." He said.

"Can say that again..." I mumbled.

"I wasn't the one supposed to defeat Damien. I was impartial until I saw what he had planned for these Ponies, it made me take action. But I was too late. I was not an Alicorn like you, I was not as skilled in the Martial Arts as you, my strength is only in magic. Which, in the bigger picture, makes me weaker than you." He said.

"Weaker?" I asked.

"Yes! You are the Prince of Magic. It wasn't you that thought you were that. It was I who planted the idea in your head that day. Because I believe that is part of your destiny. To become the Prince of Magic to defend Equestria against Damien. To do that you will need the support of the ponies, and a Prince can get that." He explained.

"How can I be a Prince?"

"You are an Alicorn. There is something else, but... I can't see it."

"I'm following... Mostly." I said.

"Now, you have not earned that Cutie Mark as a Pony yet. That comes with the next stage." He said.

"Next stage?" I asked.

"It is now time to move on to the second stage of your Dragon-Knight training. Now you, thanks to the 9 mares that brought you peace, are balanced. Unlike Lovis and Amdusias who were still torn between their Human sins and Dragon virtues. Because of that I couldn't teach them even a smidgen of what I know." He explained.

"What is the second stage?" I asked.

"My book: 'Magic: A Dossier' in this tower will detail the study which completes and comes with the second part of your training, which will put you on level with even me. The 3rd and up levels of training are reserved for the one to defeat Damien. How you access this training is unknown, but I was told you will receive it when you need it." He explained.

"I... Ok, I'm ready." I nodded.

"Good luck Dragon-Knight... My friend." He said. That last part confused me, but I knew more than when I walked in. I picked out the book and read it, flicking through it.

"What?" Asked Twilight as my face went confused.

"It says here, the key to becoming more powerful than Maxos and becoming powerful enough to defeat Damien, is... Friendship. The Magic of Friendship." I said with a short laugh of disbelief.

"Really?!" Asked Twilight, her eyes beginning to glimmer.

"It makes sense. Star Swirl was never a social pony, Luna and I only saw him when we needed him, we talked every now and then... Other than that he was locked in his tower." She said.

"Yay! I get to teach a new being about friendship!" Exclaimed Twilight, bounding around with glee.

"Yippee..." I said in monotone with a fake smile, looking up from the book.

"Haha. Looks like you've got quite the task ahead of you." Chuckled Princess Celestia.

"Indeed." I sighed.

"This is going to be fun!" Hollered Twilight.

"Yay." I said. Can you tell how enthusiastic I was?

"Feel free to stay in the Castle for the time being. The next train to Ponyville is in an hours time." Smiled the Princess.

"Ponyville? How original..." I observed.

"I'm rather proud of it." Announced the Princess.

"The name or the place?" I asked with a grin. Earning a glare from the Princess, playful maybe? I hope... Divine knows what she could do to me if I pissed her off...

"Anyway, we should head to the Castle, the Court will be wondering where you went." Said Twilight, breaking the tension.

"Oh sun! The Court!" Exclaimed Princess Celestia and teleported out.

"Ahem, we should follow her." Chuckled Twilight.

"Yep." I nodded, we exited the tower and I locked it up, pocketing the key. We headed to the Castle and entered the Courtyard. We walked up the steps to the Throne Room and opened the door, I saw the grand room for the first time properly. It was, as I said, grand. I saw the Princess sitting on the throne apologising to the noble who was waiting.

"Beautiful... Just like the Ponies who rule in it..." I found myself saying without thinking, I shook my head to recover from my stupor and saw Twilight next to me.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing, just saying how nice this is." I coughed. What the fuck was wrong with me?!

"I'll show you the guest rooms." Smiled Twilight and led me through the Castle, it was amazing, unlike anything I've ever seen... Only my Battle Tower could compare in its vastness and décor... We walked for what felt like hours as I soaked in my surroundings. Even though it was a few minutes.

We passed a dining room and I looked inside, seeing Princess Luna grabbing a late morning snack.

"Twilight, hold up." I said, I crept inside as she opened a high cupboard to get something.

"Muhahaha!" I laughed loudly and evilly, causing the Princess's eyes to widen, her pupils to shrink and her magic to flare, all the cupboards opened and out shot everything at me, I got a few glass bottles and jars to the face...

"What in the moon- Oh, Ego! Oh are you OK?" Asked Princess Luna, going over to me.

"Yep... It's all good." I said, rolling onto my back and groaning. Picking the glass out of my face.

"It seems Tia and I have found a prank buddy." She whispered and winked at me, lifting a glass of water over Twilight's head.

"Twilight, what's that by your hoof?" I asked, she looked down and Princess Luna dumped the glass on her. Princess Luna and I burst out laughing as I got up.

"Hardy ha ha." Said Twilight, unamused as the Princess and I hoof/fistbumped.

Looks like both Princesses really are fun loving. Which poses a dilemma for me... Before I came here, I bet Sassan, if they were fun loving as she thought, I had to ask one of them out on a date, if they were as serious as I thought, I didn't have to...

Bollocks... I'm going on a date with a fucking horse... This was so wrong...

"It's good to see you Ego." Smiled Princess Luna, yawning. She looked tired as hell.

"It's good to see you as well Princess." I bowed.

"Well, I need my sleep, busy night ahead." She said and we followed her to her room. "Your room is next to mine and Tia's. I guess she wants you close." Smirked Princess Luna, nudging me with her flank. Causing me to blush, which is unlike me.

"Whatever, good morning Princess." I said, waving to her as she entered her room.

"This is your room." Said Twilight, gesturing to it with a hoof.

"Cheers." I smiled at her. I turned back into a Human and entered the room, she walked away to the library to study I guess.

The room itself was spartan in furniture but the décor was amazing, on the left side were yellow banners with a white pony that seemed to be Princess Celestia. And on the right it was blue like Princess Luna, with navy blue banners and a blue pony. These two obviously represented the two Princesses.

in the middle of the room was a bed, split in two colours, the left side was white and the right was blue as if splitting the room down the middle, on the left were golden dressers and light furniture, on the right were black wooden storage cupboards.

Facing the door and in the middle of the room was a desk, the left side made from, again, bright wood but the right was black wood, yet again seemingly splitting the room down the middle, the fact the room was mirrored suggested this room represented the differences and similarities of the two sisters.

I was curious, what did they have to do to secure peace here? The fact the two sisters were a symbol of peace, hope and love... It made me admire them. And I'll admit, It made me slightly jealous... I decided to throw caution to the wind, to just go for it what Sassan was screaming for... I was going to ask Princess Celestia out on a date. I, of course, had no idea how to flirt, or even how to attract the attention of the opposite sex as regards to a relationship...

I headed down back to the Throne Room, on the way there I was thinking about how I was going to ask her out... I began practising lines to myself.

"Hey Princess! No..." I pondered... "Hey! Celestia! No, too informal..." I realised. "Say, Princess, would you like to... Maybe, sorta, go out with me tonight...? Huh, none too shabby Ty... Yep, lets go with that." I agreed with myself. I entered the Throne Room and stopped as I saw the Princess talking to a Pony.

"I happen to think, we noble ponies should not be subjected to the lower city scum coming up to our districts!" Exclaimed the Pony in question.

"And I happen to think the city is free for anypony to roam. And since I have the final say... There will be no restrictions enforced." She concluded. How the Princesses are over 1000 years old, deal with these nobles and still keep going, keeping fake smiles... And still look absolutely beautiful is a mystery... What the actual fuck am I saying?

"Who in Tartarus do you think you are?!" He asked, I didn't listen to what else he said. The fact they brought peace also pissed me off... These two Ponies were the saviors and bringers of peace to Equestria. Yet these noble fucks treated them like shit. How fucking dare they?! Time to teach them a lesson in manners.

"Please, Well-To-Do..." She started.

"And furthermore I do not think you, or that whorse of a sister of yours should be sitting your fat asses on the throne!" He exclaimed, I could tell that deeply hurt the Princess. Although she didn't show it, but I saw the guards flinch, waiting for her command to throw this prick out, which would never come because she is too kind hearted... Which just made me hate this noble more.

That’s it. My turn.

"To whom... The fuck. Do you think you're speaking to?" I asked, approaching the throne from the side, the Princess looked at me in surprise.

"I think I'm speaking to a complacent lame mare who is fit for nothing but being a figurehead along with her traitorous sister. And who does her pet think he's speaking to?!" Spat the Pony.

"Do you think it is OK to insult the Princesses? What has either of them done to deserve your malice?" I asked. I was going to try this the civil way.

"This fat bitch has done nothing for us noble ponies! But I wouldn't expect her pet to understand..." That was it, I was seeing red... Not only had he insulted me, he'd insulted the two Ponies that had allowed them this life... The two ponies I will admit, I have a crush on... I walked right up to him with a benign expression on my face.

"Insult Her Majesty Princess Celestia or Princess Luna... One more fucking time." I said changing expression to: 'I dare you.'

I saw the guards looking with interest, even Princess Celestia was watching to see what would unfold. The noble looked past me and at the Princess, smiling wickedly. If he thought I wasn’t going to hurt him, he was sorely mistaken.

"I think 'Her Majesty' is just a lame whorse with too much power for her own big, fat as-" He stopped as I twatted him in the muzzle. Hard. But not hard enough to kill him. Unfortunately.

He went flying across the throne room, I saw the guards with open mouths watch him as he flew, almost comically. He went sliding across the floor. He got up groggily and I saw him spit blood and a few teeth out he used magic to crack his jaw back into place because I broke it.

"Well, I did warn you." I shrugged, walking over to him slowly.

"What the hay do you thi-" He stopped as I backhanded him.

"If you speak again, I'm going to seriously hurt you." I warned him.

"Hey, whorse of a Princess, control your p-" He stopped as I grabbed him by the throat.

"If you ever insult or even look at the Princess again I will fucking chop you up alive and give your limbs to my fucking Necromancer!! UNDERSTOOD?!" I yelled as I throttled him harder and harder.

"Yes..." He choked.

"Sorry, can't hear you." I growled, increasing the pressure on his throat.

"Ego!" Exclaimed Twilight in horror as she walked into the room, causing me to drop him in shock. He was taking heavy breaths.

"Unfortunately I'm not so quick to forgiveness for what you did." I said and kicked him down and punched him in the face, almost beating him to a pulp. "You ungrateful, spiteful, fucking piece of worthless shit! These two Princesses have done more for you than your own parents! Yet you insult them? Fucking disgraceful!" I yelled.

I got up and lined up the kick... I took a running start and kicked his stomach, sending him out the door and down the courtyard steps. Bleeding and unrecognizable.

"What the..." Asked the outer guard. Backing off as he saw me.

"If any of you EVER insult the Princesses. EVER... I will not be so lenient next time! Insult them and the only way you will be leaving the Castle is in a fucking box!" I yelled to the nobles and slammed the doors.

"Ego..." Started the Princess.

"Not now." I said and went to my room, guards moving out of way in both fear and... Gratefulness? I got in and slammed the doors, almost breaking them. Clenching my fists in rage and taking heavy breaths, calming down instantly. Sometimes I wonder if I have some kind of anger management problem. I'm angry one moment and calm the other.

"Ego..." Said Princess Celestia, opening my door.

"Yeah?" I asked, summoning a whiskey and downing it to calm me down completely.

"I just wanted to say..." She started.

"I know... I'm sorry, people and ponies like that annoy the absolute Tartarus out of me... Humans are just naturally terrible. Dragon-Knights are supposed to be better than that. I guess I'm not... I thought I could fit in here. I'm sorry." I said.

"No, you-" She started.

"But apparently not. I'll just go." I sighed and was about to teleport to my Battle Tower. Well, I fucking blew it... Well done Tyrath.

"No! I just wanted to say... Thank you, that was the sweetest thing anypony, or indeed, anyhuman has ever done for me or Luna... What you did was a bit extreme, but so was what he was saying... You really did me a favour there, the other nobles will know not to insult Luna or I now, thanks to you..." She said, smiling at me, her smile was so beautiful it was unreal... Maybe I really was attracted to her... Fuck! You can't! This is a Pony! You are a Dragon-Knight! But... The fact she and her sister were beautiful was undeniable...

...

...

Fuck it.

"Princess, I just... *sigh* Here we go... Would you like err... to go out with me... Maybe... Sometime?" I asked, flinching away in anticipation of being shot down the first time I've ever asked a girl out...

"I would like that." She said, I opened my eyes and saw her still smiling. So beautiful...

"Really?" I asked.

"I know you are not a Pony... But... It's ok as long as nopony else finds out that you aren't... At least for now." She told me.

"Great! I mean, ahem, I need to sort some things out first, maybe when I get back from Ponyville? Tonight about 8:00?" I asked.

"I'll be waiting." She whispered, kissing me on the cheek, causing me to blush and my heart to beat quicker.

"Ok..." I said and watched her leave... I have to admit, watching her leave wasn't too bad... I could swear her flanks were swaying more than usual... Divine she had lovely flanks... No! You're only dating! What the fuck is wrong with you Ty!?

Twilight walked in as she left, looking back at the Princess.

"I just saw the biggest smile on her face ever... What was that about?" Asked Twilight.

"I've got a date!" I exclaimed in happiness and laughed, falling backwards on the bed. I felt so damn happy... The only time comparable is my year of adventuring...

"What?!" Asked Twilight.

"Yep! We should go." I said, realising it had been 50 minutes since the Princess had said 1 hour until the train...

"Agreed! Come on!" Exclaimed Twilight and we ran to the train station. Just about boarding it.

(I read up on Equestria's transport in my spare time, so I now know everything about trains!)

The train journey was boring, luckily we caught the express which runs every 5 hours, unfortunately only 3 run a day, the last one was at about 7:30. It takes 30 minutes to get to Ponyville and back.

I just counted my gems during the journey, Twilight was reading, of course.

Just so you know I have: 87 Amber, 107 Aquamarine, 65 Crystal, 309 Diamond, 136 Emerald, 84 Malachite Gems, 287 Malachite Ore, 265 Moonstone, 185 Obsidian, 76 Opals, 231 Pearls, 154 Pyrite, 386 Quartz, 217 Rubies, 186 Sapphires, 132 Spinel, 86 Tiger's Eyes and 203 Topaz. Oh, and I counted three times so it's accurate.

When we arrived at 'Ponyville' we disembarked from the train and went into the station.

"So... You asked the Princess out?" Asked Twilight.

"Yes." I said.

"Just so you know, not everypony will be as understanding as us. I would recommend you stay in Pony Form. Not that you look ugly as a Human! The opposite! Err I mean... Ok, come on, if you've got a date with Princess Celestia tonight, we need to get you ready!" Exclaimed Twilight.

"You want to help me? What do you need?" I asked, preparing to give her something.

"Ah! This one's on the house." She said.

"They say the worst things in life are free..." I pointed out.

"Fine. 1 bit." She said, I agreed and gave her a single gold coin.

"Ok, there. Where do we start?" I asked.

"Well, Rarity's a surefire." Smiled Twilight.

I looked around and smiled, this was my kind of place. Quiet, out of the way. The ponies here just trying to survive and being content with what they have. Reminds me of Broken Valley village. I made a silent oath while we walked that I would not let the same fate befall this town...

The ponies walking around looked me with confused expressions, unlike the nobles of Canterlot who just looked down their noses at me. These ponies were merely curious.

We headed to a building that looked strange... I'd never seen anything like it...

"This is Carousel Boutique. Rarity's workplace." Explained Twilight. We entered and it was amazing...

"I thought Rarity seemed familiar, she reminds me of Chanel." I said to myself. We saw Rarity hard at work, sewing.

"Hey Rarity!" Greeted Twilight.

"Ah Twilight! How good to see you!" Exclaimed Rarity and they hugged.

"You too!" Smiled Twilight.

"And Ego! How are you dear?" Asked Rarity.

"I'm fine, better than fine actually, how about you?" I asked.

"I am doing extraordinarily well!" She exclaimed and... Yep, you guessed it. Hugged me.

"Rarity, we have something to ask." Said Twilight.

"But of course!" She exclaimed.

"Ego has a date tonight-" Started Twilight.

"A date?! Well my dear, you certainly waste no time! So, who's the lucky mare?" Asked Rarity, taking a drink of water.

"Well... That’s kind of what we wanted to talk to you about... It's Princess Celestia." she said, causing Rarity to spit out her drink all over Twilight.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear, but the Princess?! My, that is a very important date!" Exclaimed Rarity as Twilight shook her fur out.

"I know, I want to make an impression, but a few problems..." I said.

"What is that dear?" Asked Rarity.

"Well, for one I've never dated or even hit on a girl before... So I have literally zero idea of what to say or do..." I admitted.

"What?! Are you serious dear? Do forgive me, but you are quite attractive, as both a Human and Pony. I find it hard to believe you have never had a marefriend before!" Exclaimed Rarity.

"Well, I've never dated either." Admitted Twilight.

"What, really?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said.

"Well, I don't believe that..." I stated.

"Darling, you just need to be yourself. There is nothing a mare likes more." Smiled Rarity.

"Moving on... I'm a Human... I would damage her reputation."

"Nonsense dear! Simply be in Pony Form in public, but when in, ahem... Private, be Human. And eventually, tell everypony the truth" She smiled.

"Makes sense, oh and I don't have anything to wear." I said.

"Why, no problem at all dear! You have come to the right place! I shall make you something to wear!" She exclaimed.

"Thank you Rarity, how much-" I started.

"Ah ah! This one is free!" She exclaimed.

"Just ask for one bit." Grumbled Twilight as she dried herself with a towel.

"Ok dear..." She said and I gave her one bit.

"There!" Exclaimed Twilight as she was now dry.

"Well, I've got a spa appointment with Fluttershy. But my dear, you are more in need of it than I, so you go." Smiled Rarity.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course dear! I need as much time as I can get to make your clothes!" Exclaimed Rarity.

"Very well." I said.

"I'll help you Rarity! Whadda ya need?" Asked Twilight. I turned back into a Pony.

"Well... Oh before you go, it's a left as you leave the Boutique! The spa is straight ahead!" She exclaimed, I waved as I walked out.

I managed to find the spa after following Rarity's directions. I entered and saw Fluttershy reading a magazine, waiting.

"Hi Fluttershy." I smiled, she looked up from her magazine with an 'eep!' but her expression relaxed when she saw me.

"Hi Ego, it's good to see you, why are you here? Where's Rarity?" Asked Fluttershy, raising from her seat and hugging me.

"She said to take her place in the spa today because she is making me something for my date tonight." I explained.

"Oh my! You have a date? Who with? If you don't mind me asking..." She said.

"Princess Celestia." I stated.

"Wow! Lucky mare." She blushed... Did she just make a pass at me?

"Err... Sure." I chuckled as we walked to the counter.

"Lotus? Aloe?" Exclaimed Fluttershy as she rang the bell.

"Coming! Now-" The mare behind the counter cut off as she saw me.

"Hello, we're here for the spa treatment?" Said Fluttershy.

"Of course, Mrs... Fluttershy! And Mrs... Rarity?" She asked, looking at me with a raised brow.

"No, Rarity asked me to take her place because I have a date tonight." I told her.

"No wonder! Love is a wondrous thing... Ahem, in that case would you like to upgrade to the platinum treatment? Only 50 bits a head." Asked the mare.

"Oh, I'm afraid I left the bits you gave me at home..." Said Fluttershy, looking down in shame.

"Yes please, for both of us." I nodded, giving the mare 200 'bits'. Actually it was pure gold coin, which is worth more I imagine. But oh well.

"And the same for both Fluttershy and Rarity the next time they come here." I said.

"O... Of course! Step right through." Said the mare.

"Are you sure?" Asked Fluttershy, squeaking as she saw the amount of 'bits' on the counter.

"Of course." I smiled.

;30 minutes later;

Both Fluttershy and myself exited the spa feeling refreshed and relaxed, we both got a massage, a jacuzzi bath, our nails trimmed, our hair done and put back to their normal styles, some acupuncture, although Fluttershy was frightened at first, and a nice relaxing hot bath, I of course looked away when Fluttershy got in and out like a gentleman... Or gentlecolt? Fuck it was confusing here...

"Thank for the treatment and for paying for it the next time, it will be a nice surprise for Rarity." She smiled.

"No problem, I'll see you later Fluttershy." I said, waving to her as she presumably went home.