• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 5,136 Views, 8 Comments

The Lost Magician - MightyShockwave



Trixie's cart breaks down in the middle of a dark and dangerous forest. Little does she know that she's being watched by a sinister serpent. Snakey hijinks ensue.

  • ...
5
 8
 5,136

The Show Must Go On

“Welcome to The Humble and Penitent Trixie’s Equestrian Apology Tour!”

Trixie bowed from her stage in front of the half-filled seats in the Baltimare Center of the Arts auditorium. Most ponies cheered in a dull roar, which Trixie considered to be a win considering what response she usually got.

“Tonight, you lucky ponies shall feast your eyes on an evening of wonder, of enchantment, and magic unlike anything you have ever seen!” Trixie shouted from her stage. “For the first trick of the night, I would like to invite my lovely assistant to the stage: the talented and charming Miss Zara!”

On cue, Zara slithered onstage from the side, curling up into a massive pile of coils at the center. She lifted her scaly head straight up to do a bow, noticing the audience’s fascination with her. Good, Zara thought, if all eyes were on her already that made her job so much easier.

“You’re all such a lovely audience tonight,” Trixie continued. “That’s why, so our first act of the night, the Great and Powerful Trixie shall treat you all to a special magic trick that will involve everybody from the audience! All you need to do is simply look closely into Miss Zara’s eyes!”

With that, a familiar set of blue rings began to pulse throughout Zara’s eyes. Despite being on a stage far away from her victims, the intensity of their hypnotic power remained undiminished. The ponies in the audience may have had mixed feelings about the show, but now their attentions were grabbed by Zara’s spell. Before long, every pony in the audience was spiral eyed and mindless.

“That’s it,” Trixie continued. “Magic is so wonderful, magic is so amazing, you all are very pleased to watch the Great and Powerful Trixie and involve yourself in her show. Now, for our next act, we shall perform the fabled Moonshot Python Mouth Dive! Can I get any volunteers from the audience?”

Everypony raised their hoof.

Comments ( 5 )

You seem to alternate between treating Trixie as a pony and as an anthro. You mention both "arms" and "forelegs", for example.

7362371
7362305

Sorry, no anthro. I fixed the problem. I guess this is just a reason to not do proofreading at 2AM lol.

7362398

Nah, I wanted to leave it up to the reader's imagination what changes Zara made to Trixie's psyche.

I think it was an interesting story but I wish to have see more of the snakes plan with Trixy and the audience.

Login or register to comment