• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 346 Views, 5 Comments

Remembering the evil ideas - reader8363



Eric had amnesia and is managing it, for now

  • ...
 5
 346

A new job and life

Once we got back, we were swarmed by ponies, asking questions until Chrysalis came out of the forest behind us. The ponies stopped with a look of fear on their face. My heart dropped a bit until Celestia walked up and said, “You don’t need to worry about Chrysalis, We’ve come to an agreement, and it's in the making.” Everyone relaxed and the ponies jumped a bit when the changelings came out of hiding. I turned to Celestia to see her sending a letter. She smiled at me and added, “It’s just something that needed to be done.”

I nodded and went for a walk while they got things situated. I ended up in the park where most of this began, it’s really quiet and peaceful here, I saw out of the corner of my eye to see fillies playing with the young changelings. I knew that image wouldn’t leave my mind for a very long time since the young ones are the future, then I heard the bench that I was sitting on creaked. I looked over to see Twilight sitting there. Her mane was disheveled as if she’s been worrying about something. She said as she looked at the young ones, “I’m guessing it went well and you are off the chopping block?”

I shook my head and said, “I’m not off of it for a long time, I just got Celestia and most of Equestria off my back for the most part. With Equestria being attacked a lot, I could get in trouble at any time.” She was about to say something but decided against it.

I looked up to see a certain cyan leg hanging off a low hanging cloud. I looked over to Twilight to see her smiling and nodded. I placed my magic around it and pulled. The leg came off, but that was it. I was completely confused at what I saw. It was just Rainbow’s leg. Then I heard a low voice behind me, “Why did you take my leg.” I jumped off the bench and turned around to see Rainbow hanging on the bench laughing. I threw the leg at her and Twilight stopped it before it hit her. Once Rainbow stopped laughing and caught her breath, she said, “That’s what you get for making run into a wall.”

I was going to say that she did it too herself, but I decided not to and said,”You got me there. How are you feeling?”

She said as she started rotating her neck, “A bit sore, from hitting the wall, but other than that, I feel fine.”

I nodded and pulled her real leg this time before grabbing her around the neck. She could’ve just flown up to escape me, I don’t know whether she wasn’t thinking clearly or was enjoying it. She swung around pulled me to the ground, but somehow I ended up on top of her. I was laughing really hard that I didn’t see that we had company before they clear their throat. I looked up to see Celestia and Luna standing above Rainbow and I. Celestia said as I got up, “I see you’re having fun, but we need to get started making it official, you and Twilight are needed.” I nodded and headed home.

I went up to my room and packed a suitcase with things that I would need when we get to Canterlot. Once I was done, I exit the house to see that I was in Equestria. Luna said as she took my suitcase, “Don’t worry, your house is still in ponyville. I just place a teleportation spell outside your house. It would make much easier, than you riding to Canterlot.” I looked around to see ponies whispering around me and one I saw was passing a bit. It made me more nervous about this.I decided to get lost in my thoughts to escape this. I thought about how Sombra is, when I would get my memories back, and when I do, will it help me have even more control over my ability, or is it going to make it much worse? I was stopped before running into the castle’s doors. Luna added as she gave me back my suitcase, “You’ll be staying in the same room you were in last night. Unpack your bags, then come to the room next to the dining room and Celestia and I will explain what’s going on.”

I nodded and headed towards the room that Chrysalis and I slept in the night before and placed my clothes in the dresser between the beds and sat down. I didn’t think it would be this quick, I just suggested her needing help and she tells me that I’m needed for something. I finished up and headed towards the room. I entered to see that there was a medium-sized triangle table with the four princesses on one side, Sombra and Chrysalis on another, and there was a chair on the last side. I sat down and said, “ Okay, what's going on?”

Celestia said as she placed a paper on the table, “Right now, we're making a treaty that you need to watch. Then we'll get your work official. Your work is making sure that it stays well between changelings and ponies.”

I was stunned. I wasn't expecting to get an important job, I watched Chrysalis and Sombra read the paper and nodded as they signed it, then the princesses took turns signing it. Once it was in front of me, I gave it a quick read. It said that for Chrysalis’ help, they are allowed to yet the changelings feed off of them, and for Sombra’s help, he’s cleared of all crimes that he did when he was using black magic. I burned my cutie mark into it and gave back to Celestia. Chrysalis got up and said as she headed out, “If you’ll excuse me, I need to get the changelings together and move our love over.” The other turned towards me and I shook my head, then she added, “I mean the love that we collected a long time ago.” She gave me a hug and left.

They relaxed after she left and Luna said, “Get some rest, tomorrow we’ll announce it to Equestria. I nodded and got something small to eat before entering my room, my head hit the pillow and I was out like a light.

I dreamed of quick images of things happening. I woke up with my body feeling like it was on fire. I head to the bathroom and poured cold water on me, then I realize that it was the next day and someone was pounding on my door. I got my clothes on to see Chrysalis standing there, she said as she started dragging me, “Didn’t you hear me? I was pounding loudly on the door, a few guards thought I would break down the door. You slept for almost the whole day.”

I was stunned that I didn’t realize I was in front of other till I heard Celestia’s voice, “Greeting ponies, I’m terribly sorry for the wait. Eric here was going through some difficult stuff. I’m proud to give you the one that will be in charge of the changeling and ponies interaction, and Luna’s and my adviser.” I stepped up and waved while they cheered. I had a feeling that it might go well for now on.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment