• Published 13th Jul 2016
  • 2,051 Views, 36 Comments

Celestia's Replacement - nebulaegalaxy



Celestia is not who she seems. In fact, she's not in Equestria at all.

  • ...
5
 36
 2,051

Chapter 2: Unbelievable Truth

Where is Celestia?

Ashlynn wasn’t expecting to be asked so soon. She didn’t know, and tried to explain that.

“Luna, I do-”

“Yes, you do. Don’t even try to lie to me.”

“I don’t know exactly where she is. For all I know, sh-”

“You. Are. LYING TO ME!” Luna shouted, clearly enraged at the thought that this… Whatever Ashlynn was, was lying to her.

“Luna, listen. You want to know where she is? I can’t tell you for certain. All I know i-”

Luna smacked her. “Tell the truth, or you’ll wish you never set foot in Equestria.”

A muffled “ow” escaped Ashlynn’s lips, but she was still determined. “That is the truth, whether you believe it or not. I’ve regretted coming here from the first day.”

“Then why come? To insult me? To insult Disc-”

“I’m gonna stop you there moon queen. I never wanted to come here. If you want to know why I’m here, you need to listen,” Ashlynn said, cutting Luna off, and without losing her cool.

“Why would I listen to a liar?” Luna asked, still refusing to believe her.

“I’m not lying. I have no idea of the exact location of your sister. Until you actually believe me, I might as well shut up.”

Luna used her magic to get a grip on Ashlynn. “If you don’t tell me the truth, I will throw you against the wall. Do you want pain?”

Refusing to speak, Ashlynn just looked pointedly at Luna. She was trying to figure out how to get Luna to believe the truth, but was drawing at a blank.

“Not gonna tell me, hm? Well, let’s see how you hold up after the wall,” Luna said, already releasing her grip on Ashlynn.

As soon as the grip on her was gone, Ashlynn hit the wall with enough force to break most of the bones in her body, yet she struggled to stay conscious, regardless. She groaned as she tried to stand, but she couldn’t. So instead she stared up at Luna, accusingly.

“Well, if I was lying, how do you suppose you’ll find Celestia with me dead?” Ashlynn said, choosing her words carefully.

“You admit to lying to me?”

“I said if. But I know I wasn’t, whether or not you believe me.”

“Hmph. Well, I guess I could keep you alive, but you need to be locked up,” Luna said, contemplating. She thought that maybe if Ashlynn was thrown in a cell, she could use the idea of release to convince her to cooperate and tell her the truth. What if she is telling the truth? She thought, though briefly, shaking off the idea.

“Oh great, so much for thinking you might be reasonable. Where are you planning to keep me, oh moony one?”

“In the cells under the castle,” Luna said, bristling at her new nickname.

“Oh, good. And here I thought it might be somewhere awful,” Ashlynn deadpanned.

“Aren’t you forgetting someone?”

Luna turned her head, noticing Discord for the first time. Ashlynn swore under her breath, clearly having forgotten he was there. “Why are you here, exactly? Did you get here before me?”

“Well, you could say that,” Discord answered, grinning impishly.

“HA! YOU were the one who knocked the bitch out of me. Then you decided to try and find out exactly what, but I refused,” Ashlynn accused.

“What? Moi? How dare you accuse me of such a thing!” Discord said, a halo appearing over his head.

Ashlyn tried to facepalm, but groaned at the effort of moving. She settled for rolling her eyes. “Well, alright just go ahead and leave me here, because I can’t move myself right now or anything,” she grumbled.

Discord looked at her, clucking his tongue. “Luna, did you really have to throw her so hard? I bet she won’t be too cooperative in that state, let alone useful. Perhaps she should visit the infirmary first, to recuperate, of course, which might take awhile. And of course, she’ll need somepony who knows her anatomy to help with that. Or at least, somepony who could learn it.”

“Are you volunteering?” Luna asked skeptically.

“No, I shouldn’t. You should. I mean, why let me watch her? I might let her escape. But if you watch her, you can make sure she doesn’t,” Discord replied.

Luna arched an eyebrow. “Really. But is she’s as injured as you say she is, she should be fine with you.”

“I meant when she gets better.”

“STOP TALKING ABOUT ME LIKE I’M NOT HERE!!”

“Ssshh, Ash, the grown ups are talking,” Discord said, patting her head.

Ashlynn fumed. She was tired of being considered a child. She got enough of that at home. But she could take that. What she couldn’t take was being called Ash.

“No.”

“Oh, good, I thought you might listen to me,” Discord said cheerfully.

Ashlynn blinked. “W-what? You mean you wanted me to say no?”

“Obviously. I tend to test ponies, or in this case people, like that. Congratulations! You passed my test.”

Ashlynn groaned. “Just have moon face watch and take care of me if you’re that concerned. Besides, you’re a guy. Guys shouldn’t watch girls sleep,” she said testily.

“You won’t be sleeping the whole time,” Discord replied curtly.

“I will most of the time.”

“Didn’t you want me to watch her anyway, Discord?” Luna asked, growing impatient.

“Well, yes, b-”

“No buts. Seeing how both of you want me to watch her, I might as well.”

“Luna, if you don’t want to, I’m fine with Discord watching me.”

“No, I’ll do it. Besides, it might be better if I watch you instead of him,” Luna said, seemingly dismissively. However, she saw this as an opportunity for Ashlynn to slip up.

Ashlynn seemed to see right through Luna’s dismissal of the matter. It made Luna wonder just what Ash was capable of.

But Ashlynn didn’t say anything on what she thought Luna was thinking. “Well, if I’m gonna holed up in an infirmary, the sooner we get there, the faster I can leave.”

Author's Note:

I love all of Ash's nicknames for Luna.

Anyway, I'm going to go into hiatus for a while. School's started for me, and writing will be very slow and probably only one chapter every few months. I might get a couple chapters up in December... We'll see.

If you find any mistakes, please let me know. I didn't run this chapter through my proofreaders for fear that it might not get put up by day after tomorrow.