• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 869 Views, 18 Comments

Secrets of the Everfree forest - King Beardo



The Everfree forest holds more than just animals and odd weather patterns, it seems.

  • ...
8
 18
 869

Prologue

Secrets of the Everfree Forest
Prologue:

“Uncle, please tell us the story one more time!” Blue Fire said.

“Yeah, you haven’t told us it in a really, really long time!” Coral Doo added in.

“All right, all right; But you may need to grab some snacks and maybe a drink or two?” I chuckled.

The two foals just shake their heads rapidly providing the answer. The sight make always me chuckle.

“Well it all started when I----“

“Uncle you can skip to the good part ya know!” Blue Fire interrupted.

I looked at him and smiled. “But you wouldn’t get the whole story if I didn’t tell you all of it.”

“Ugh, fine…but why is it always soooooo long until the good part?” Blue Prodded for more information.

I chuckled. “You really are like your grandmother aren’t you? Well like I was saying, it started all when I was but a young stallion like your father……”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REAL STORY BEGINS

Deep inside the Everfree forest a chariot was making it's way to an undisclosed location....

“Are you kidding me? This is friggin’ stupid.” Turbo complained “WE guards are called out for an Expedition into the Everfree forest on an egghead’s HUNCH?!”

“Easy Turbo, that’s Night’s mother you’re talking about there, and we volunteered.” Brown Royal said as he gestured towards me.

Turbo snapped his head towards the kirin, "Shut up Royal, I didn't need your input; besides what's a 'half-breed' doing on this mission?" Brown Royal shot up but I quickly pulled him back down from his seat.

"Hey, Turbo shut the buck up, the last thing we need is animosity towards each other! And also, don't talk about the Royal Court Wizard like that, it can get you reprimanded as well as your flank kicked by me." after my little speech I sat back down.

Ignoring me, Turbo went on with his complaining“A spook is still a spook. I mean the Unicorn of Royal Court sending a special ops unit on an expedition is a little overkill, right!? EVEN more so, why?” Turbo Said looking to the other 5 of us for confirmation. As no-pony decided to agree with him, Turbo let out a small ‘hmph’ and crossed his forelegs and reclined in the chariot seat. Why he was so adamant against us being sent into the Everfree never made any sense to me, but I guess he had his reasons.

“We don’t know Turbo, but it’s not OUR job ta know.” Stampede sternly said from across the chariot. “An’ if ya keep up yer complaining I’ll personally make ya stop.” He said as he reached across the chariot and playfully punched Turbo on the shoulder.

“Hey Night, are you alright?” A dark teal colored mare named Julia asked me pulling me out of my daydream.

“Huh? Oh…uh yeah, sorry to be so distant and grumpy guys, heh.” I was forcing a fake smile while I looked at Julia. I knew she wouldn't believe me but I had to try. Julia looked at me with suspicion, and was about to ask me again but I could tell she decided against it.

“Suuuurrrreeee, I believe ya.” I heard a voice come from beside me. It was Terra’s.

“Well, look who’s talkative around the guys today.” I chuckled back to her but she shrunk with an ’eep’ after hearing this. “Heh, still shy.” I said

BOOM! Something hit the left side of the wagon sending Terra and me to the right side of the wagon, while I landed on Julia. “OH, I thought you weren’t into one night stands Mr. Echo.” Julia said in a playful voice with a wry smile.
I leapt off of her and adjusted my armor. “Not now Julia.” I turned my head towards the front of the chariot and yelled “PULL THE CHARIOT OVER, NOW!” I then turned toward the door as the chariot abruptly stopped. When I trotted outside nothing looked out of place. “What the hay.” I muttered to myself.

“Lieutenant, get back in here!” Captain Stampede Commanded.

“One second captain, I’m having one of those feelings!” I shouted back at the chariot. Something was wrong; the vehicle didn’t have any noticeable damage done to the side, but it didn’t feel like we hit a bump. Well unless said bump was able to somehow stick out of a tree that was 10 feet away. It wasn’t a branch; the canopy is too tall up in the air. “Well, Damn. That scared the bejesus outta me. ” I sighed while walking back to the wagon, still scanning the area. The thing I did manage to miss was a pair of fiery red eyes observing me and the chariot.

“What the hell do ya think ya were doin’ lieutenant? Disobeyin’ mah DIRECT orders?” Captain shot at me while he paced back and forth at the door of the chariot. I knew I was in trouble when I saw his face.

“Sorry Capt----“I tried to say but I was thrown back in the chariot instead by a well placed uppercut.
I stood up and braced for the rant, another thing Stampede couldn’t stand is if others put themselves in harm’s way for him; as well as for reasons unneeded.

“Sorry dun’ cut it Lieutenant Echo, put yer arse back in that seat. What if a one of’em manticores decided you looked tasty, and Ah lost ya. HMMM? What would Ah tell the ROYAL COURT WIZARD? What that her oldest son died valiantly by fighting a manticore and made ya its lunch? HMMM?” He said almost screaming at me. “Oh no, no, no sirree Ah am not lettin’ that happen again, last time ya almost got me demoted!” He said pointing at me with his hoof.

I sighed, defeated, “I’m sorry captain, I won’t disobey direct orders again.”

“Ya damned right ye won’t.” he said while putting his hoof on my shoulder, “Jus’ next time take me with ya.” He said with a smile.“START’ER BACK UP PRIVATE LETS GET ON OUR WAY.” Captain Yelled up to the front, and the chariot started moving again.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A FEW HOURS OF RIDING LATER

“Captain, were here!” Shouted the chariot pull team in perfect unison.

“Kay girls were here, hurry get to it. Snap snap; Outta the vehicle.”Captain ordered, as we sleepily complied.
I fell asleep sometime during the ride, and was woken up by the Pull Team. As we walked out of the chariot we found ourselves in a clearing approximately 100x50 yards in size and in the middle looked like some kind of structure. Definitely not pony in nature; as a matter of fact it looked……..oh no I had to speak to the captain.

“CAPTAIN!” I shouted as I galloped towards him. He was about 200 feet away talking to Turbo Dash; He turned to me and just looked at me confused. “Captain… I…. think that…… those structures….. are …” I tried to say in between breaths.

“Whoa, hold up there pardner, slow down and catch yer breath.” He said while looking at me confused.

“I think those structures are Centaurian, they fit all the descriptions that I remember.” I said looking at him with worry.

He looked at me wide eyed, and then he pushed me out of the way to get a better look, “By the gods let’s hope not….”

A\N

I've cleaned up this chapter alot, All of the information I deleted will be explained on in the Following chapters.