• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 6,378 Views, 145 Comments

The Mare Does Well. - Undyne Devotion



The dream of finding happiness, the trouble of knowing you've been living a lie.

  • ...
30
 145
 6,378

Twily And Me. Part.1.

Shining Armor gazed to his father blankly at the kitchen table, an odd silence filling the air around both stallions. The sky outside a swirl of yellows and blues, a light pink hue were the sun should be. The whole room was cast in an odd pastel pinkish orange, the clock on the wall stopped in place on noon sharp.

“Do you want to talk dad?” Shining spoke his voice soft and sweet, that of a young mare looking for something lost in her life.

Only silence would be his reply as the young stallion gave a loud huff aloud, his chest heavy with many questions for his dad. But deep down inside he knew none would be answered, the cold gaze of the male causing him to feel small and out of place.

As if he did not matter at all, a bright lightning strike outside causing the room to flash a pale blue color. The young stallion vanishing from his spot at the table, a saddened mare looking down to the kitchen floor taking his place.

“I can’t be happy...not like this.” She spoke in a cracking tone, a trail of crystalline tears forming around her eyes.

“Does my happiness not count?” She gazed to her side, the kitchen windows now shattered and the floor stained with mud and grime.

The family photo on the wall torn to shreds, cabinets tossed open with cans of food thrown about. The home was torn apart and shredded to pieces, the flash striking outside once more as all returned to normal.

“Or do I enjoy their happiness?” He spoke in his normal voice, tears rolling down each cheek as the family photo was whole again. The home in one complete piece, a smile creeping upon his father’s muzzle.


“Happy...just want to be…” Gleaming slowly creaked open her pale blue eyes, the world around her spinning around quickly while her ears rang aloud.

She felt as if the world was set to fast forward, her head aching so much at the moment. She could be sure that a simple scream would kill her, exploding her skull across the room.

Long lashes batted in confusion as she quickly lifted up dainty hooves, her eyes would widen in pure terror at the sight of her female body. A loud scream escaping her lips followed by a horrible pain from her skull, she simply rolled out of bed and hit the floor with a thud.

“So you are awake ma’am?” Twilight cantered into the room with a look of worry, the mare on the ground weakly as she assumed her sister had found her somehow.

“Uhh, yes just a bit weak I fear.” The mare spoke in a soft voice, flashing a weak smile as she was just happy Twilight didn’t recognize her.

“That is great. NOW WHY WOULD YOU TURN YOURSELF INTO A MARE!” Twilight gave a loud scream at the top of her lungs, her horn flashing to life as a dark curtain in the room was pulled back revealing a old motel room.

“Gahh! Not so loud Twily!” She groaned as the hope that built up quickly faded, she slowly lifted her hooves to her face hiding away on the floor.

“Answer me! How and why!?” The violet mare gave a stern look to her brother, the pale white mare gazing up to her in defeat.

“I found an old book in 'The Royal Archives' it allowed me to...become...a..mere…”

“What!?”

“A mare!” Gleaming gave a soft hiss to her little sister, in return she gave a roll of the eyes.

“You do know old magic can be dangerous! Now that I have the how, what about the why?” Twilight gave a cute pout, walking to her brother on the ground and poking his side with her hoof.

“I don’t know…”

“Curious?”

“Mehh.”

“As a weird joke?”

“Ehhh.”

“For a mission?”

“Would you have bought that?”

“Now I won’t!”

“Brrr.”

“Why!?” The violet mare gave a loud snap, her hooves smashing on the floor firmly.

“TO BE HAPPY! To feel...happy.” Gleaming gave a soft sigh, slowly rolling onto her side and curling up into a tiny ball of fear and regret.

The silence that haunted her dreams, it wafted across the room once more. She knew what would come next, the hoofsteps of her sister darting out the door. Full of disgust and hate for what she just heard, leaving her alone as always.

But instead a violet hoof gently wrapped around her waist, pulling her in close as Gleaming gave a sweet gasp aloud in shock. Her baby sister hugging her fro behind, lying upon the floor much as they would as kids.

“How long have you felt this way?” Twilight spoke in a far sweeter tone, voice full of understanding and comfort.

“Too long.” The mare gave a defeated sigh.

“I’m sorry you’ve felt like this, I should’ve checked in with you more often.”

“Not your fault kid, I’ve gotten used to hiding it away.”

“That’s no way to live?”

“I’m used to it though, I couldn’t bare to tear our family apart.”

“Tear it apart?”

“Look at me!” Gleaming rolled around, her pale blue eyes broken and abused.

“I’m looking…” Twilight slowly brushed her brother’s tangled mane out of her eyes, gazing deeply into her hues sweetly.

“I can’t be a freak! I must be normal for mom,dad and cadance…”

“I don’t see a freak…”

“What do you see? Because it is not me!”

“I see a pony who is scared and confused.”

“Phst. You think me feeling this way, is just me confused...just like dad…” Gleaming bit down her lower lip roughly.

“No not confused over that! Confused as in , if her happiness is not important.” Twilight spoke in a delicate tone of voice, Gleaming could feel her heart shatter into a thousand pieces within her chest.

The mare suddenly latching onto her sister, sobbing aloud into her chest fluff softly. The small frame of the mare quivering in place, as all the built up pain and worry flowed forth into the world.

Twilight gave a saddened look downward before her wings wrapped them both up firmly, holding her brother...sister close to her heart.

What a nightmare it must be…

Living a lie.