• Published 29th Jun 2016
  • 471 Views, 10 Comments

That One Nightmare History - The prince of the night



There's one thing Shadow Wolf hates more than anything, Day and Sun, he never got it as a colt. All the time it was, 'Princess Celestia is the greatest!'. It's the night's turn to shine

  • ...
4
 10
 471

The dream of Nightmare Moon

"There was once was two princesses, one bless with the power to rise the sun and one with the power to rise the moon. Both were rulers of Equestria. But with a jealousy of one growing and growing, the other princess didn't notice. Until the day were the jealousy went on a stage, one can't save another one, the princess went into a Nightmare form." As the teacher began to finish the story of the princesses, a young colt sighed. He wished that the part of the battle came up. He had never heard the story before, his parents wouldn't let him.

Once the teacher finished the story, she turned to him and asked him a question. She knew that he had never heard the story before, and she wanted to know if he liked the story.

"Did you like the Story, Shadow Wolf?" Cheerliee asked the young colt. The colt had a black mane with red eyes and a grey fur. The colt watched as every eye turned to face him for the answer.

"It was cool. But did Nightmare Moon really lose?"

"Yes she did."

Shadow Wolf sighed, he wished that Nightmare Moon won. That way it would night all the time! But she didn't. By looks of it, Princess Celestia would rule Equestira until her time is up. But she won't. She's been alive for thousands of years and there's no changing that. Unless Nightmare Moon came back and killed her!

"What if Nightmare Moon came back and battle Princess Celestia, but won?"

"Then we would have to fight for freedom."

When would Nightmare Moon win for once? What would it take to beat Princess Celestia? Shadow Wolf hoped that one day Nightmare Moon would win, but that was 1% chance out of 100. Princess Celestia was too strong to beat.


Shadow Wolf walked through the halls of the castle. He passed soldiers that gave a smile to him. He was their captain's son after all. And his father was training a stallion named Shining Armor to be captain. Shadow Wolf passed soldiers in training, one of them was Shining Armor, and the one training them was his father's friend, Light Bow.

He went inside his room of the castle, his mother, Flower Shine, hugged him. She told him that Princess Celestia need to see him in 30 minutes. He washed up and headed towards the throne room, he passed many guards on duty. Once he was in the throne, Celestia welcomed him.

"You wanted to see me?"

"I did. First, how was school?"

"Fine Princess. But, did you really fight Nightmare Moon?"

"Yes I did."

'Wow. And here I thought you just used some thing like an element.'

The talk went on for an hour, before a young filly came in. She stopped and looked at the colt. He was a unicorn like her, he stepped out of her way and sat on the ground. The filly started to talk with Celestia, until she called Shadow Wolf up. He went up to her and waited until she was done talking to the filly.

"Shadow Wolf," Celestia started to say, "Meet Twilight Sparkle."

"Hi..."

"Hello. Princess, who is he?"

"Twilight, this is my first student, Shadow Wolf, he's goes to another school for History."

Shadow Wolf left to go see his father, Morning Night. He always wanted to be a guard like his dad, not for the day, but for the night. Once he found his father, he ran up and jumped on him. He and his friends were talking about some things for the little colt's birthday. The guards laughed and made Morning Night smile.

Morning Night hugged his son and tickled him. Shadow Wolf, once he stopped laughing, ran off to see his mother. When he looked for his mother, he saw a family photo of his family when he was born, Shadow Wolf smiled. He had never seen what he looked like as a baby. But he had seen pictures.

He ran outside in the garden, and found his mother with her friend, Flyer fight, he was a strong Pegasus. He was a light red Pegasus with orange eyes. His mane was like a light sundown with night coming in. Shadow Wolf loved to see him race and beat all the other Pegasus.

"Flyer Fight!"

"Hey Shadow Wolf! You grew!"

His mother smiled, she knew that whenever Flyer Fight came, he would be playing with her son. Flyer Fight would put Shadow Wolf on his back and fly around for a bit.


Once the day was over, Shadow Wolf made his way over to the window. Where he watched the moon rise, he sighed. Then he saw a shadow on the moon. It was a shadow of a mare. The mare in the moon. Shadow Wolf was shocked, he had heard of 'The mare in the moon' before, but he didn't think it was true.

'Nightmare Moon! Cool!'

Maybe there was a chance that Nightmare Moon could return, maybe just maybe, he could be a guard of the night for her. That would make him happy. So happy.

'I wish that Nightmare Moon was still here...'

Shadow Wolf went back to his bed and got under the covers. He closed his eyes and slowly went to sleep. He wanted to dream of Nightmare Moon, to dream of meeting her. The one who was a hero to him. He didn't care if she was the bad guy, he thought of her as a hero. Not Princess Celestia. She was just a normal pony to him.


DREAM OF NIGHTMARE MOON

Shadow Wolf walked around the castle, it was night time and the guards were sleeping. Most where. He came to two sets of doors, both had the moon on them. He slowly opened to doors and saw a mare. She was in armor. Black armor.

"W-Who are you?" Shadow Wolf asked.

"Nightmare Moon. And your Shadow Wolf."

"How did you know?"

"I've been watching you. You think of me as a hero."

Shadow Wolf was shocked, she was right. But, wasn't she on the moon still? How did she end up here? And why? Did Princess Celestia know?

"Do not fear child. The night still has a chance to shine."

"It does?"

"All you need to do, is become a night guard and make sure that the elements of harmony are destroyed."

Destroyed? The elements of harmony? But how? And why would he need to make sure they were? Shadow Wolf didn't get it, but he would try to make sure the elements were destroyed.

END OF DREAM


Was it really his job to get rid of the elements? If it was, he was going to do it with pride. For Nightmare Moon!