• Published 1st Jul 2016
  • 922 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XV: Knights of Zero - sonicdash123



While King Cosmos and Queen Galaxia secretly prepare a ritual to revive Danny, Charming Thunder has to deal with a rebellion that has emerged in Equestria led by a stallion named Zero.

  • ...
28
 7
 922

Chapter 4: Kallen's Surrender

Charming Thunder paced back and forth in the Canterlot meeting room as he waited. Lelouch then entered the room and walked up to him. "You wanted to see me, old friend?" he asked.

"Yes," Charming Thunder replied. "I was hoping that I could ask you something."

"Fire away."

"Do you know who Zero is and what he did to Equestria while I was away for three years?"

"Zero? Has he attacked again?"

"He attacked Cloud City and tried to make a toxin. I stopped it, but there was a complication."

"Complication?"

"I got exposed to it. Scientists are researching my blood sample I gave them and hope to make a cure before anything worse happens."

"I hope you'll be okay. Anyways, all I can tell about Zero is that he is a terrorist. He attacked many places that were controlled by the Equestrian Empire."

"He also controls the Eternal Fleet." Beeping sound was heard on the terminal at his seat. "I must take this call. If you have any other info, please come to me or the princesses."

"Of course." Lelouch bowed to him and took his leave as Charming Thunder walked up the the terminal at his seat. Cyber appeared sitting next to him in his mind as he sat back and placed his feet on the table.

"I gotta say, Charmy. It is GOOD to be back. Mephiles just wasn't the same without me, was he? I mean, you wounded him after you killed me." Charming Thunder ignored him as he pressed buttons on the terminal. "You are on top of his to kill list. I just know it." Charming Thunder shook his head and looked next to him to see nothing. He then pressed a button and a hologram of a scientist appeared on the middle of the table.

"Your report?" Charming Thunder asked.

"I have reports about your blood sample you gave us," the scientist said. "It appears that you were right. There is something in your blood. Some sort of probes injected inside you. Somehow they are are active now."

"How is that possible?"

"That I know the answer to. The gas must've triggered it. I don't know what will happen to you if they stay inside your bloodstream."

"Is there a way to get rid of them?"

"We can conduct a serum to destroy them, but it will take days to make it."

"Get started on it and try scanning others to see if they have them as well. And keep this a secret from my friends and family."

"Of course, your highness." The transmission ended as Charming Thunder pressed some buttons on his terminal and began to work on his royal duties. Cyber appeared again as he focused on the terminal.

"You really think he's gonna fix your nasty case of Cyber-itis?" Cyber asked. "Not a chance. I'm chronic, Charmy. I'm lingering. We both know there's no cure for me. Soon, you'll be mine. All MINE." Charming Thunder ignored his warning as Cyber disappeared.

Charming Thunder looked up and said to himself, "I am counting on it."

---------------------

Charming Thunder sat on his throne back at Ponyville and observed the town from his window. The doors opened and two Equestrian soldiers with Arcann up front escorted a prisoner who appears to be the one who helped the Red Hood with the supply theft. She was cuffed up as they approached the stairs to the throne and stopped as the troops kneel to Charming Thunder's presence. "His glorious majesty," Arcann announced. "Bearer of the Element of Courage and Immortal Protector of Equestria; King Charming Thunder."

"I welcome you, Kallen," Charming Thunder said. "And yet you come before me peacefully in chains. Do you have a reason?"

"I'm not here to cause a fight," Kallen said. "I am here to help."

"And why should I trust you?"

"You want to take down Zero, I do too. I don't know who he really is, but I can be a valuable asset to you."

"Zero and this so called Red Hood is not my concern for now."

"Then answer me this; why did you kill Danny? Your own brother."

"He told me to. It was the only way to weaken Mephiles and destroy Cyber Eclipse." Charming Thunder got up from his throne and walked up to the top of the stairs. "You say that you know me. If that is true, then you know how powerful I am. Whatever Zero hoped to achieve in Equestria while I was gone for three years, he knows that deep inside that he cannot succeed." Charming Thunder gestured his soldiers to leave the room. Arcaan stood at the left of the stairs as they took their leave.

"Why send your followers away. Something they don't want to know about you?"

"That is not the reason. All these years, Zero alone does not know my full history. And yet he marks upon Equestria wherever he acts with terrorism. Just as I act for peace and harmony."

"What do you mean?"

"Look around you. Equestria is poised to be a peaceful world for ponies, griffins, dragons, and many more. I have started this empire since the end of the Lunar Wars to protect the whole world." Charming Thunder walked down the stairs. "My brother built the Eternal Fleet when he was Cyber Eclipse. Now it is controlled by that terrorist you call your savior."

"I don't anymore. He's just obsessed with you."

"That I completely understand. If the Eternal Fleet destroys my empire, he can use the fleet to reshape Equestria into any image he desires. And he desires my death. I will share all of this with you if you will only kneel." Kallen sighed and looked at Charming Thunder in the eye. "What do you choose?"

"I-I choose your knowledge. I am tired of working with that terrorist. I a want him dead as much as you do. I will make sure nopony stands in your way." Kallen kneels down to Charming Thunder as he uses his magic to unchain her. She then got up as Charming Thunder's horn glowed and fired a non-lethal beam of electricity at her. Arcaan only stood there and watched.

"You made a wise desicion, Kallen," Arcaan said. "I struggled for years when I fought with Mephiles. I sacrificed everything. Even my own brother who wouldn't see the light as I did. Now you too will see it." Beams of electricity continued to fire and Kallen collapsed to the floor; unconscious. "Soon you will do what you could not in exchange for your allegiance." Charming Thunder stopped and looked at Arcaan.

"Take her to her new chambers, let me know if she wakes up." Arcaan bowed and picked Kallen up from the ground and carried her out of the room. As the doors closed, Charming Thunder walked up the stairs back to his throne and turned his chair around to see Cyber sitting on it.

"Tough night, huh?" Cyber asked as he got up from the chair and let Charming Thunder sit on it. "I know how it feels, Charmy. There's an old remedy I tried on nights like this one. It's called murder." Charming Thunder ignored Cyber's statement and gazed out the window to look at the stars.