• Published 1st Jul 2016
  • 914 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XV: Knights of Zero - sonicdash123



While King Cosmos and Queen Galaxia secretly prepare a ritual to revive Danny, Charming Thunder has to deal with a rebellion that has emerged in Equestria led by a stallion named Zero.

  • ...
28
 7
 914

Chapter 2: The Eternal Fleet

Charming Thunder had a great time with Lelouch and Nunnally before they left. He sat on his throne as Twilight Sparkle entered the room and stood next to him. "You seem happy," she said.

"It has been so long since I've seen Lelouch," Charming Thunder said. "I'm glad you got to meet him and his sister."

"They seemed nice ponies." Charming Thunder chuckled a little and turned to face Twilight. "You know something?"

"What's that?" Twilight came close and nudged him.

"Me and the girls did miss you for the past three years." Charming Thunder caressed Twilight's mane and smiled.

"I did too. Sorry if I made you lonely."

"It's not your fault, you know."

"I know. I just wish there was a way to bring my brother back."

"Lucina is able to see him."

"I know. She told me." One of Charming Thunder's throne buttons blinked.

"I think you should answer it. I'll leave you to your buisness." Twilight kissed Charming Thunder and took her leave out of the throne room as Charming Thunder pressed the blinking button. The image on the window revealed a stallion with a blue coat stallion with all red eyes wearing his admiral uniform.

"Your highness," the admiral said.

"Ah, Admiral Thrawn," Charming Thunder replied.

"I have something to report. We've been getting strange readings at the sector me and my fleet are currently at."

"An upcoming attack?"

"Maybe. We are just sitting here waiting for anything to happen."

"I'll be on my way to check it out myself, admiral."

"Right away, your highness." The transmission ended as Charming Thunder turned to a royal guard who was standing next to the door.

"Have my shuttle prepared for immediate take off."

"Yes, your highness," the guard replied.

---------------------

A stallion wearing a black mask with a purple visor, a black cloak with a tight dark purple suit with golden stripes and long, wrapped sleeves over it stood next to a throne gazing out of a large window. Red Hood entered the room and walked up to the masked stallion stopping at the stairs kneeling at his presence. "Master Zero, they come," Red Hood reported.

"I already know," Zero replied as he sat on the throne looking at the hologram of the incoming fleet of Star Destroyers in another sector of Equestria. He then pressed buttons on the throne and views a hologram of his fleet of a hundred battle cruisers under his command. The ships uncloaked and then made the jump to lightspeed to the location where the fleet is at.

"You promised me an opportunity to kill King Charming Thunder. When will that time come?"

"Patience, my faithful friend. You'll get your revenge soon."

---------------------

Charming Thunder's shuttle came out of lightspeed and arrived to at the fleet. In the middle of the whole fleet, a blue Star Destroyer stood as the shuttle made the approach. The shuttle docked in the destroyer's hangar and Charming Thunder exited the shuttle. An officer stood at attention as he approached. "Your highness," the officer greeted.

"Captain," Charming Thunder said.

"The admiral is waiting at the bridge. I trust you know the way?"

"I know my way around this ship, captain. I am fine, thank you."

"Of course, your highness." The captain left as Charming Thunder made his way to the elevators to go to the bridge.

Arriving at the bridge, Charming Thunder made his approach to Thrawn; who is currently gazing out of the window. He stood next to the admiral and had a feeling of concern as the admiral does. "I can sense it, admiral," Charming Thunder said.

"Something is out there waiting for us," Thrawn said.

"Waiting for what?"

"I don't know. But why did we have to travel this far? Why did the strange frequency lead us to the middle of nowhere?"

"Maybe it is trap set up for us."

"My thoughts exactly, but what if it is the Mephiles Alliance who lured us here?"

"Even if it was them, they would show their cowardly faces to us."

A beeping sound was heard from a monitor as the officer got up and reported, "Your highness, we got sensor contact, fifteen clicks."

"What is it?"

"Small...no life form readings. Some kind of probe." A small vessel flew past the window of the ship's bridge which caught Charming Thunder's attention.

"Raise shields!!" Thrawn ordered. "Pursue and destroy!!"

"Careful, admiral," Charming Thunder warned. "This might be luring us into a trap."

"I will know if I see it." The vessel made a sharp right turn and a fleet of a hundred ships came out of lightspeed in a wall formation. Charming Thunder was surprised to see how many ships are in front of him.

"That is enough firepower to take down the entire fleet!!!"

"Evasive maneuvers!! Come about one eighty degrees!!" The Star Destroyer made a turn towards the fleet and made their approach to them. Drop pods suddenly hit the hull of the destroyer. Droids came out of the pods and opened fire at the Equestrian troops on all decks.

"Get us out of here, admiral. I'll handle the boarders." Thrawn nodded as Charming Thunder left the bridge.

"Divert weapon power to the engines and set deflector shields to double aft!!"

---------------------

Arriving at the carnage, a lone Sith Lord stallion held his ground against the droid boarders. He used the force to push them back which caused them to blow up to pieces when hit to the wall. Some of the pieces landed in front of Charming Thunder's feet which surprised him. "Glad to see you safe, your highness," the stallion said. "Darth Marr, member of the Dark Council at your service."

"What's the status, Marr?"

"The boarders are after the the primary generator. Without it, we'll be destroyed in seconds.

"Then let's get going."

"Agreed." Marr and Charming Thunder dashed through the halls of the engineering deck and chopped down some droids along the way. When they arrived at the main terminal, Charming Thunder checked it for anything serious on the core.

"Good thing the core did not strain to a breaking point. Otherwise we would've been destroyed. The shields are recharging, but I don't know how long it will hold."

"The hyperdrive is still active as well. We could turn this ship around and pull back." Charming Thunder looked around the room for anything suspicious.

"This was just too easy. It feels like..." The doors behind them exploded and some droids entered the room with their blasters pointing at him and Marr. "...a trap." One of the droids placed a holo communicator on the ground and activated to reveal a hologram transmission of Zero in front of them.

"Well this is a surprise," Zero said. "I never expected to see the king himself on this ship."

"As king of Equestria, I demmand to know why you are attacking my fleet?"

"Not an attack. A test run on this invincible fleet."

"Why not choose another fleet? Like the Mephiles Alliance. Or are you with them?"

"I am on neither the Mephiles Alliance or the Equestrian Empire. I am Zero, the stallion who now controls this fleet with a single button and leader of an empire of my own."

"What is it you want from me?"

"Your death."

"What?"

"You are a murderer of your brother Danny Eclipse. I intend to do what the princesses could not. Kill you. But I could be merciful, if you would come quietly."

"We will never surrender to the likes of you," Marr said.

"Then you leave me no choice but order my Skytroopers to take you in by force." The transmission ended and the Skytroopers began to open fire. Charming Thunder was quick enough to activate his lightsaber and deflect the shots as Marr did the same. Charming Thunder grabbed his comlink and contacted Thrawn.

"Status report, admiral."

"We were able to avoid the fleet's line of fire and are preparing to make the jump to lightspeed," Thrawn reported.

"Good. Me and Marr got problems of our own in the engineering deck. Is the ship secure on other decks?"

"They are, your highness."

"Then get us out of here." Charming Thunder charged towards the droids and chopped them down to size as Marr used his force lightning on them. Once they dealt with the last of the droids, the engineering deck was finally secure. They deactivated their lightsabers and took a breather. "Fine work, Lord Marr."

"Thank you, your highness."

"I'm sure that you will make a report about this to the Dark Council?"

"No need for that. I think that it is your personal business."