• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 1,454 Views, 43 Comments

Flurry Heart: The Name of Disaster - HunterBrony101



This story is about learning to trust those you love to protect you.

  • ...
3
 43
 1,454

Chapter 1

The sun shone on the Crystal Empire giving off it's shining beauty. The rays of the sun shined into a big room bathing the back of the heir to the crystal throne, Princess Flurry Heart. The young princess awoke to the sun's morning light, and yawned with a smile.

She looked at her calendar.

"Only a month before the Crystal Fair!" Flurry said flapping her wings with excitement. "I just can't wait! Well, time to start the day".

The young Princess got up, walked over to her dresser and grabbed her mane brush. She stood in front of a mirror and brushed her mane making it look neat. She then grabbed a royal necklace given to her by her parents as a symbol of her inheritance. She opened the door and walked off happily. As Flurry walked down the palace, she could hear ponies talking. While she walked by, the ponies looked weary of her. Flurry wondered why they were looking at her like that.

"I hope she doesn't cause another problem again like when she was born", One pony whispered.

"I hope not too" whispered Another.

Flurry having heard their whispering raised an eyebrow in confusion, but she kept walking on. Just then, Flurry's mother, Princess Cadence, walked came walking down the hall. Flurry trotted up to her.

"Mom?", she asked, "Why are the ponies looking at me and talking about me funny?"

"What do you mean sweetie?", asked Cadence.

"Some were saying they hope I don't cause another problem like I did when I was born", Flurry answered. "I don't get it".

Cadence recoiled a little but then recomposed. "Oh it's nothing dear nothing really...Um....Can you find your father for me? He is in the Library, I'll be right here".

"Uh, ok". Flurry headed off to the Library to find her father, Shining Armor.

She entered the Library and found Shining at a desk reading a book.

"Dad?"

"Flurry", Shining stood up and walked over to her daughter and patted her head. "How is my little filly?"

"Just fine", Flurry said giggling and blushing.

"What brings you here?"


"Mom sent me to find you".


"Okay honey, take me to her".

Flurry lead her father to her waiting mother. "Cadence", Shining greeted.

"Shining?", Cadence asked, "Can I talk with you in private?"

"Of course", Shining answered gladly. "Be right back Flurry". Shining walked with Cadence into a different room. "What's up, dear?"

Cadence spoke with worry. "Shining, Flurry may have overheard ponies talking about the incident at her crystalling".

Shining's eyes widened is shock. "What should we do?".

Cadence sighed. "Part of me wants to tell her, and another one doesn't. But if this stays hidden, she'll get the worst of it".

"I know", Shining said hanging his head. "When should we let her know?", Cadence wondered.

"I honestly have no answer", Shining said feeling at a lost.

"How about after the Crystal Fair?"

Shining nodded. "Perfect idea". The two nuzzled each other happy with the decision.



*Later that day.......*


Flurry was seeking her parents, she wanted answers. NOW. During her search, her Crystaller, Sunburst came up.

"Whatcha doing, Flurry?", Sunburst asked.

"Sunburst? Where's my mom & dad? I wanna know why ponies look at me funny and WHAT happened when I was a newborn?"

Sunburst winced and sweated, he could see that Flurry was in a no Nonsense mood. "In the garden?"

"Thank you". Flurry teleported away.

"This will not be good", Sunburst said fearfully.

In the garden, Shining and Cadence were relaxing, enjoying the scenery. Suddenly, Flurry appeared in a loud pop.

"Sweetie?", said Shining.

"Flurry you okay?", asked Cadence.

Flurry walked up in a demanding way. "Mom, Dad, I want to know, why is everypony looking at me funny? And what happened when I was born?!"

Shining sighed feeling that the cat was out of the bag.

"Flurry..." Cadence said softly, "Sit down with us please...".

Flurry did so, and listened to what her parents began to say.

"When you were born, something happened some days later", Cadence told her daughter. "You see, we were prepping for a special celebration to welcome you to the Empire you will rule over after us".

"During all this your Aunt Pinkie and Twilight were bringing you over to take part in the thing you were for", Shining added.

Cadence continued, "I took you from Pinkie and you got upset, so mad you yelled while crying, your cry was so powerful...It broke the Crystal Heart, that caused the magic of the Heart to stop working and almost had the frozen north freeze the Empire solid".

Flurry gasped in horror.

"That is the whole of it....", said Shining.

Flurry began stepping back traumatized.

"Flurry?", Cadence said with concern, "...Please...Stay here...Don't run off".

Flurry began running off in fear.

Cadence teleported in front of her daughter and grabbed her. "Flurry! Stop!"

"Let me go!!!!!", Flurry yelled struggling in her mother's hold.

"No Flurry!", Cadence said trying to be firm in her hold, "No running...Please... I beg you..Sweetie, listen to me".

"I said Let. GO!!!!!!!!"

Without thinking, Flurry let out a huge blast from her horn burning her mother's right fore hoof. Cadence cried out in pain.

Flurry was horrified at what she had done. "I'm sorry........" She teleported away.

Flurry ran into her room and locked the door. She then laid on the floor and wept.

Just then, a knock was heard at the door being her mother.

"Flurry Heart Sparkle, you open the door this minute young filly!", Cadence spoke in a demanding voice.

"No!!!!, Flurry yelled back, I don't want to hurt you again!!!!

"Flurry, I know you meant no harm, you will only hurt me by not talking". Cadence teleported into the room. "I am your mother, I love you".

Flurry sniffed, ran up and embraced her mother.

"Sssh", Cadence soothed hugging her daughter tightly, "I'm here Flurry, I'm here".

"What am I going to do?", Flurry asked.

"Nothing...", Cadence answered, "You do absolutely nothing, because your father and I are here for you and if anypony gives you trouble, they will answer to us".

Flurry smiled while wiping away a tear. "Thanks, Mommy".

"Of course sweetie". Cadence nuzzled Flurry's cheek then kissed her forehead.

*Later at Dinner........*

"So Flurry?", Shining asked, "You feeling okay?"

"A little", Flurry said.

Shining smiled warmly, "I was worried that you would run off...You scared us."

"I know", said Flurry, "I'm sorry".

Shining sighed, "At least you talked with your mother and that you calmed down and listened to her, I am glad you know we love you and would keep you safe".

"Mmhmm", Flurry said nodding.

"Just keep that in mind when you are in school okay?", said Shining, "I know you were scared by what you found out, but that is a while ago, not yesterday".

"Ok Daddy, I will".
Shining smiled, "That's my filly".

Cadence nuzzled her daughter happily.


*The next day at School.........*

Class had begun and Flurry was listening to the lesson while writing down notes. Suddenly, a colt student started whispering.

"Hey, my mom told me Flurry nearly froze us when she was a foal".

"You serious?!", a filly student whispered back.

"No joke", another colt whispered, "She broke the Crystal Heart...".

"How do we know if she won't do this again?", whispered another filly.

Flurry tried her best to ignore their words.

Another filly cut into the whispering, "Hey leave her alone you guys she is not evil, plus she is our princess so knock it off".

"Or what?", the second colt whispered, "What will she do?"

"It's what her mom and dad will do, our teacher, our parents...", the filly whispered back.

Knowing the wrath of angry parents & teachers, the other foals shut their mouths.

The day went on and it was lunch time. Flurry was eating a daisy and daffodil sandwich.

Just then, the filly who defended her came up. Her name was Emerald Sheen.

She had a lovely green coat with a silver mane and tail. Flurry and Emerald had been best friends ever since they both started school.

"Hey Flurry", Emerald said in a friendly manner.

"Oh, hey Emerald", Flurry said smiling.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what went on in class....", said Emerald frowning a little. "It's alright", said Flurry, "It was bound to come up anyway".

"I'm here for you", Emerald assured, "You're my friend". Flurry smiled. "Thanks Emerald".

The two enjoyed each other's company the rest of that Lunch hour.

In the last class of the day, Flurry was reading a book while also making sure nopony was commenting on her.

Suddenly, a spitball struck her head. She turned to see who did it, but nopony looked guilty, so she turned back to her back.

Then another spitball struck. Flurry turned to see a colt with a straw.

"Mind explaining why you did that?", Flurry demanded.

"For fun", the colt snickered.

"Well stop it!!!", Flurry yelled now angry.

"Princess Flurry?", The teacher was next to Flurry.

"Teacher", Flurry said in frustration, "That colt blew a spitball at me!"

"Is that so?", the teacher wondered.

"What?", said the colt in shock.

The teacher turned to the colt sternly, "Now you apologize to the princess right now".

The colt grumbled, "Sorry". "Thank you", Flurry said feeling better.

Soon, the school day was over, and Flurry was walking out of the school house.

"Hey Flurry", called Emerald as she ran up to Flurry.

"Emerald!", replied Flurry.

"Can I come over today?, Emerald asked, "I asked my parents if I could and they said yes".

"Sure", answered Flurry, "You can come over".

Emerald smiled and followed Flurry to the palace where Cadence was waiting.

"Hey sweetie; Emerald", Cadence greeted.

"Emerald's parents said she could spend time with us", said Flurry.

"Oh I see", said Cadence, "Did all your work?"

"Yep", answered Flurry, "No homework for us".

Cadence smiled brightly. "Great, you can spend time with us, Emerald".

With that, they entered the palace to spend time together.

*Later that evening.......*


"So what do you two want for dinner tonight?", asked Shining.

"Hmm...", Emerald thought, "What are you having Flurry?".

"I go with anything they serve", answered Flurry.

"I can be surprised", said Emerald.

"Sure thing", Shining said, "Dinner is in 5 minutes".

Flurry and Emerald smiled.


*5 minutes til Bedtime*


"Thanks for letting me stay the night Flurry", said Emerald happily.

"Of course, replied Flurry, "Anything for a friend".

"Yeah", said Emerald, "A good friend".

They soon fell asleep.

*The next morning at breakfast.......*

"Good morning girls", said Cadence, "Did you sleep well?"

"Sure", groaned Flurry who had bags under her eyes.

"Flurry?", Shining asked, "You okay?"

"I don't know why", wondered Emerald, "But she looks tired".

"I just had a bad dream, that's all", answered Flurry.

"Aw", said Cadence, "You wanna tell me?"

"No, no", Flurry said trying to be cheery, "It's nothing to worry too much about".

"Flurry?", said Shining.

"Don't lie to us", Cadence warned, "Or Luna will find out and tell us".

Flurry sighed. "Alright. Remember how you both told me about what happened when I was a baby?"

"Yes?", said Cadence.

"Well", continued Flurry, "In my dream, the ponies were formed in an angry mob demanding for me to be given to them to be destroyed. I was backed into a corner, while the ponies started throwing stones at me. Then suddenly, one pony plunged a dagger into me, and that's when I woke up".

Emerald gasped.

"Oh sweetie", said Shining as he hugged Flurry.

"Oh Flurry honey...", said Cadence as she nuzzled her.

Flurry sniffed. "I don't know why I had that dream, or what it means".

"I hope nothing", said Emerald.

"It's just a dream...", assured Cadence, "I wouldn't worry about that".

"How can you be sure?", asked Flurry.

"Because we would never let that happen to you", said Shining.

"No pony will ever hurt you", assured Cadence.

"We will keep you safe", promised Emerald. Flurry hugged her parents.

"Let's eat up and get you two to school", suggested Cadence. So they did.

Later that day, a royal get together was being arranged for that evening. Though, Flurry was feeling nervous about it.

"Hey Flurry", asked Shining, "You okay?"

"I'm just nervous about this get together", said Flurry.

"I know sweetie", said Shining, "But your Mother & I are here and Aunt Twilight will be there too".

Flurry took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Good", said Shining.

Cadence appeared all dressed up. "Everypony good?"

"Yep", answered Flurry.

"Let's go", said Shining. They headed to the room where all royals were.

"Oh yeah", Flurry thought to herself, "They're right. I can do this".

Others watched her appear, including Celestia and Luna.

"Hello Flurry!", greeted Celestia as she bent down to nuzzle Flurry.

"Hello Auntie Tia", Flurry said nuzzling her great aunt back.

"You look lovely Flurry", Celestia complimented, "Did your mother help you?"

Flurry blushed, "Yes"

"Wonderful", said Celestia, "Now there are foals your age over there, recognize any?"

Flurry looked to the foals. Some nobles attended, one being Emerald and her mother.

"I do know Emerald and her mom", said Flurry.

"Oh how nice", Celestia said with a smile, "Go see her then".

Flurry walked over to Emerald and her mother.

"Flurry!", Emerald squealed with joy.

"Hey Emerald", greeted Flurry.

"Pretty cool to see you again", said Emerald with a smile.

"You too", Flurry replied.

"What do you want to do for fun?", asked Emerald.

"Not sure", said Flurry.

"You can show me around", Emerald suggested.

So, that's what Flurry did.

"Wow" said Emerald looking at everything.

"Nice isn't it?", asked Flurry.

"Yeah", said Emerald. "How do you find your way around this place?"

"I use my own personal map", answered Flurry.

"That's helpful", replied Emerald.

"Mmhmm", said Flurry.

They soon returned to the festivities.

Just then, a colt came up and asked Flurry for a dance.

"Sure. Ok".

As music played, the 2 foals danced away. It seemed to be going well. But then, as Flurry was blushing, her horn suddenly glowed strangely.

"Aw", Cadence said, "Flurry is dancing". She smiled then saw Flurry's horn glow. "What?...."

Shining saw it too. "What is going?"

The colt noticed the glow. "What is happening with your horn?", he asked.

"Huh?", said Flurry. She looked to her horn. "Oh no"

Blushing fearsly, Flurry accidentally fired a magic beam. Everypony gasped.

"What was that?!", said one colt in the crowd.

"Uh-oh", said Emerald.

The beam hit the crystal chandelier making it plummet to the floor as Flurry and a bunch of others jumped clear.

"Flurry!" Shining Armor and Cadence ran up to their daughter who was in tears and hugged her mother. Emerald ran up to see her friend.

"That filly is out of control!", spoke a mare in the crowd.

"She's dangerous!", yelled a stallion.

Celestia stood in defense. "Now see here!"

"How can you defend her?", questioned the stallion.

"Regardless if she is a relative, she's a threat", accused the mare.

Cadence nuzzled and held Flurry.

Luna who was fed up at this point, let out the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"SILENCE! YOU ALL SPEAK FALSEHOOD OF OUR FAMILY MEMBER!"

The ponies cowered in fear.

"You shall not harm nor persecute my niece's foal", Luna warned in a normal yet firm tone.


*Later.....*

Flurry wept on her bed as Cadence stroked her back.

"I'm so sorry that happened sweetie", Cadence said softly.

"What's wrong with me?", Flurry wondered in a sad tone.

"You're just strong Flurry", Cadence said in a comforting voice, "Gifted with powerful magic, you just need to be taught how to control it, that's all honey. You have me, Sunburst, and your Aunt Twilight to help you".

"I know", said Flurry wiping away a tear.

"How about I bring your friend in here for you?", suggested Cadence.

Flurry nodded.

Cadence came back a few moments later with Emerald.

"I'll be at the party if you need me", Cadence said. "Thanks Mom", Flurry said with a smile.

When Cadence left, Emerald turned to Flurry with sadness. "I'm sorry about what happened Flurry".

"Something bad was bound to happen anyway Emerald", Flurry sighed.

"That's not true Flurry", replied Emerald, "That was just an accident".

"Even if it was", said Flurry sounding like she was losing hope, "I still have no control. I do have Sunburst to help, but he's getting a lot of other things to do. I never see him that much anymore. Mom helps most times, but then there are things that she and Dad need to do, being rulers and all. Plus, I don't want to bother my Aunt Twilight if she suddenly goes to fix a friendship problem.

"How do you know that she could be doing that?", questioned Emerald, "She could be doing nothing".

"Yeah", Flurry said sarcastically, "Until her cutie mark suddenly flashes because of that stupid map".

"When was the last time that happened though?" Emerald asked.

Flurry was losing her patience. "You don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Emerald recoiled.

"When I was born, I nearly destroyed the empire. If I was to do it again, who then would be there for me when my family is not?!"

"You don't know that!"

"How would you know that?!"

"Your Mom and Dad love you..."

"What would happen if they are not around?!"

"You have me!"

"I can't let you get in the way if something happens!"

"Well tough cookies cause I am there with you."

"NO!!!!!!" Stomping her hoof, Flurry let out crystal shards.

"Flurry!", Emerald exclaimed, "What's with you?! I'm your friend!"

Flurry calmed down a bit. "I just don't want anypony to get hurt while protecting me". Flurry then made a decision. "I can't live here anymore".

"What?", Emerald said in shock.

"You heard me", said Flurry. "How can I be a princess when my magic is to powerful for me to control?" Flurry took off her necklace for it also acted as a tracking device for her parents.

"You can't runaway Flurry....", said Emerald in a pleading tone, "You can't..."

"What choice do I have?", said Flurry putting the necklace on her dresser and pulling out her backpack.

"This will hurt your parents", said Emerald, "Even me".

"Sorry Emerald", Flurry said, "But this is the only way to prevent other ponies from getting hurt by me".

"Flurry....Please...Think about this...They WILL look for you when you leave...".

"I'm very sneaky, I've been able to hide from ponies for a long time".

"They will worry about you, be sad....".

"Maybe, but I don't want them to risk getting killed because of me". Flurry pulled out a paper and a quill and started writing a note:

Dear Mom & Dad, I've come to realise that being a princess is not meant for me. Because of my powers, I just might end up hurting ponies. Don't bother looking for me, this is for the best. Thank you for all the love you've given me, I will always remember it. Farewell. Your daughter and ex-princess, Flurry Heart.

"I can't let you do this Flurry....".

"Well, tough cookies".

Emerald sighed.

"It will be alright", Flurry assured, "Trust me".

Emerald looked unsure.

"I'll always write to you", Flurry promised.

"You are making a mistake.....".

"It's worth keeping others ponies from getting hurt".

Emerald sighed in defeat.

Flurry filled her pack, strapped it on her and put on a cloak with a hood. She hugged Emerald goodbye promising to return one day. She then snuck out the window. Emerald watched with a heavy heart as her friend disappeared into the night.

"I'll always remember you", she said shedding a tear. She then left the room.

Flurry reached the outside of the empire. She looked back at the home she knew for so long.

"Goodbye Mom and Dad. I'll always remember your love for me."

Flurry spread her wings, took off into the sky and flew away from the empire. Unknown to Flurry, the great goddess, Amalthea was watching.

"Now begins your journey of self-discovery, Flurry Heart", she said.




*To be continued*

Author's Note:

Guess the Disney reverence I used.