• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 3,091 Views, 80 Comments

Out of Sight... - Star-Killer89



It's all Trixie's fault! She's the one who had brought nothing but troubles and tragedy in the life of the mane 6. Now, it's up to her to solve the problems she caused and maybe, just maybe, even redeem herself.

  • ...
9
 80
 3,091

Chapter 3: The Sins of the Father... (Raw Version)

A/N: WARNING. Read the description in the Author's Notes first.
Additional tag: [Action]

Written by Star-Killer89, Editing: Working on it ^^;

PONYVILLE - SWEET APPLE ACRES
JUNE 04 - 11:30 A.M.

"And that's the last one, AJ" said Rainbow Dash, while moving the last cloud full of rain upon the fields of the Apple family.

"Thank ya kindly, sugarcube" replied the orange country pony "This drought was really going to threaten our annual yield for the cider season. I really own ya one".

"Then you'd better remember what I asked you in return."

"A'right, a'right. This year I'll store 5 mugs of cider just for ya."

"10 mugs!" replied the cyan Pegasus with a firm expression on her face, crossing her front hooves while still flying.

"7 mugs…and, just for this year, I'll put a limit of 2 mugs per customer, so that ya will have more than Pinkie." replied Applejack, spitting on her hoof and holding it out to Rainbow Dash "Deal?"

"Deal!" answered Rainbow, spitting herself on her hoof and bumping Applejack's one.

"A'right now, let's go eating somethin', shall we?" suggested Applejack, while heading back to her house "Hey, do ya know if Twilight came back home?"

"No, I haven't seen her since yesterday. I went to the library this morning to borrow the new Daring Do book, 'Daring Do and the Lost Colony', which, by the way, is going to be AWESOME!" for a couple of seconds, Rainbow's attention was completely focused on the new adventure of her favourite fictional heroine, but her thoughts were roughly interrupted by Applejack, who started to cough to get her attention back "Ehm…yeah, as I was saying, I went to the library, but Spike said she didn't come back last night."

"Well shoot, I only hope she's a'right" replied Applejack, while opening the back door of the kitchen and letting Rainbow Dash enter her house "To tell ya'll the truth, I wasn't so sure to leave her alone with that foal of a show-mare"

"Ah, don't be ridiculous AJ." ironically laughed Rainbow Dash "Sure, I hate Trixie too, but I don't really think she will ever be much of a challenge for the 'Element of Magic'!"

"It's not that, sugarcube. It's just that I had a really bad feeling when the train left Hoofington yesterday." she then took a moment to sigh and added " I only hope to see her back here safe and sound."

"Oh, come on! What's the worst thing that could happ-" the words of the pegasus were interrupted by the knocking coming from the front door.

Since Granny Smith and Big Macintosh went to Ponyville for the weekly food purchases just a couple of hours before and her little sister was still at school, Applejack was caught by surprise "Who in tarnation might be at this hour?"


PONYVILLE'S SPA
11:45 A.M.

"Thiiis is what I call relax!" said Rarity, laying prone on one of the couches near the thermal baths, wearing a bath robe and a bath towel around her mane, face covered with a mud musk and pickles slices on her eyes, while enjoying one of Quake's massages.

"Yeah…this is really….uhm….pleasant" replied Fluttershy, who, on the other hoof, was appreciating one of Lotus 'less energetic' shoulders massages "I mean….yesterday was fun too, but that spooky house really stressed me a lot. By the way, thanks for coming here today with me, even if it was a work day."

"Oh darling, please, don't even say that. After a whole day spent waiting in line with sweated ponies just to get on such dirty rides, I think a whole week at the Spa wouldn't be enough to recover. Speaking of which, would you like to come with me to Twilight? I was going to bring her Galopping Gala dress back and invite her to the Spa too this morning, but Spike told me she wasn't home yet."

"Oh goodness, I really hope she's fine" said Fluttershy with an anxious tone.

"Oh relax, Fluttershy. I believe that her train just had a little delay and she was forced to leave this morning. Still, I don't understand why she wanted to meet that awful mare again; personally, I would lock her in a dungeon and throw the key away".

"Don't you think you're overreacting a little bit about this whole Trixie accident? I mean….after all, she just casted a temporary spell on your mane".

Rarity just removed the pickles from her eyes and turned towards Fluttershy with a serious expression on her face "Nopony messes with my mane, Fluttershy. Nopony!".

"I'm sorry ladies" said the pink pony named Aloe approaching the two mares "But it seems somepony is requiring your presence at the entrance."

Rarity just switched her attention on the earth pony "Pardon me, dear, but could you be so kind to tell this somepony that my friend and I are really busy right now and will not fit to be seen for another hour?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that" the Spa pony replied "They said they wanted to see the both of you immediately."
Fluttershy and Rarity stared at each other for a couple of seconds, both with the same perplex expression on their faces.



SUGAR CUBE CORNER
12:13 P.M.

"I'm sorry Pinkie, could you please go upstairs and check on the babies?"

"Sure thing Mrs. Cake" replied the party pony, laying down a tray of fresh cooked cupcakes and bouncing towards the stairs that leaded to the room of the two baby twins singing a tune between a bounce and the other.

"Oh, and, please, be quiet" Mrs. Cake stopped the pink earth pony "They're supposed to be sleeping".

"Okey dokey lokey" replied Pinkie. She stopped her bouncing mid-air and managed to swiftly land on the floor before leaving the kitchen.

'Sometimes I really wonder how she manages to do such things.' thought Mrs. Cake before starting to frost the cupcakes Pinkie just baked.

This was going to be just another ordinary day at the bakery, with a lot of work to do, and a really short time to look after her children; her husband had to leave for Manehattan that morning to solve a problem concerning the supply of the ingredients for their sweets, and the mare that helped her babysitting the twins, the unicorn Sparkler, was already busy with another couple's child.

It was on times like this that she blessed to have somepony reliable like Pinkie to count on, even if the pink pony tended to act a little oddly sometimes.

Mrs. Cake just finished to display the new threats when the bell of the door started to ring, and the figure of a tiny purple and green figure approached the display window "Oh, hello Spike" she welcomed the baby dragon.

"Good morning Mrs. Cake. Is Pinkie inside?"
"Right over here Spike" Pinkie replied coming out from the kitchen and bouncing toward him "Oh, the twins are still sleeping" she added, passing by Mrs. Cake.

"Thank you very much, darling" Mrs. Cake replied, before heading to the back of the shop to cook some more sweets.

"Hi Pinkie. Here's what you were looking for" said Spike, handing the pink pony a book.

" 'The Most Greatest Pranks Ever Thrown in History, by Jokey du Farce'. Oh, thanks Spike, I can't wait to try some of these with Dashie" replied an overexcited Pinkie Pie.

"Yeah, Twilight told me there are some very creative pranks there; besides, she recommended me to tell you to avoid the chapter where fire is involved".

"Okey Dokey. Hey Spike, do you want a cupcake? It's on the house" Pinkie asked, holding the tray with her mouth and handing it towards the baby dragon.

"Gee, thanks Pin-" started to reply Spike when the bell of the door rung again, and two heavy armored pegasi entered the bakery "Twilight's assistance Spike and the 'Element of Laughter' Pinkie Pie?" one of the two asked them.

"Y…Yes?" Spike anxiously answered "What would Princess Celestia's guards want from us?"

The second soldier started to say "I'm sorry to inform you that there was an…incident in Hoofington, involving the Princess's student protégé and bearer of the 'Element of Magic', Twilight Sparkle".

At the sound of this words, the tray just dropped lifelessly from Pinkie's mouth on the floor, rumbling all over the shop; the noise of the metal tray hitting the ground echoed through the whole shop and made Mrs. Cake shout from the kitchen "Is everything ok, Pinkie?"

"What do you mean there was an incident? How is Twilight? What happened to her? Where is she now?" asked Spike, with an increasing worried tone added to each question.

"Please, we need to hurry." said the first pegasus, opening the door and leading them outside "A chariot is waiting for you. We will personally escort you to Hoofington and inform you about the event. Your other 4 friends were just informed by our companions and are already on the road. The princesses want all of you to be present."

When Spike and Pinkie heard that even the 2 princesses were waiting for them, their fears just got worse, and they jumped on the chariot, which was immediately pulled in the air by the two royal guards.

"Oh Twilight! How much trouble were you in?" Pinkie anxiously whispered to the wind, before one of the two guards started to explain what happened to her friend.

---

HOOFINGTON - TRIXIE'S CART
THAT SAME DAY - 00:12 A.M.

Almost an hour had passed since Trixie's burst against Twilight, an hour spent thinking if the decision to open her heart to the violet unicorn wasn't just a mistake, if her behaviour towards her wasn't too harsh, if she had done anything good in her whole life, but, most of all, an hour spent crying on her bed, while reminding all the good moments spent with her father.
For all this time, her dog Blacky just stood on her side, curled near her face and occasionally lapping her cheeks, trying to comfort her; suddenly, his ears stood straight hearing the noise of hooves coming towards her master's house.

He immediately stood upright and began to bark towards the door, just moments before someone started to gently knock at it. Trixie wiped away the tears from her eyes and headed to the door "Hush now Blacky!" she ordered her dog while opening to her visitor "If it is you again Twilight, I would no-"

"Pardon me ma'am." Trixie's look was not staring on the violet mare, but on a dark blue coated stallion, with mane and tail really short in length, both salt and pepper colored. He was wearing a black suit, with a dark violet shirt beneath, standing with his shoulder near the doorpost while smoking a cigarette "Can we have a little talk inside?"

Trixie's surprise was soon replaced with concern, sensing that her new guest was a bad lot "I-I'm sorry, but I mistook you for somepony else, so, if you will be so kind to leave…" she said, while closing the door.

"Please, milady" said another voice, coming from a male unicorn, who was holding the door; he had a light orange coat, with a long black mane styled in a ruffled ponytail and with a shaved extended goatee, while his tail was collected by several thin bands.
"We-" he continued, with a strange foreign tone Trixie couldn't well recognise "We do not want to do this the hard way." and he just swung the door open, letting himself and the other stallion inside the cart.

"H-How dare you introducing inside the house of the Great and Powerful Trixie? I could let the both of you arrested for housebreaking. Trixie demands you to leave immediately!" she said, trying to sound more intimidating then she was scared, while her concerns was validated by Blacky, who had started to growl towards the 2 stallions since they showed up towards them.

"Please, Uma, put our house owner in a…more comfortable position, would you?"
"As you wish." the unicorn replied, casting a spell that pushed Trixie on the ground, slamming her on the planks with all of her legs wide open.

"W-What's going on?" Trixie started to scream "What do you want from Trixie?"

"Will you SHUT THE HELL UP?" the earth pony shouted, hitting Trixie in the head with his foreleg, knocking her out. He looked down at the motionless show-mare, and sighed "Why does nopony ever just be quiet and do as I say them?" He then addressed the other pony "Uma, turn over this hovel! I'll wait outside."

Before he could reach the door, Blacky stood in his way, growling in his direction, forelegs bended and ready to attack the strangers that hurt his master. "Piss off, you little squirt!" he said, kicking away the small Jack Russel with no physical effort, sending him fly across the room and letting him bang against the table with a whine of pain, bouncing near Trixie's bed.

"We've already lost too much time. Just move already!"

After a few minutes, Uma reported to his accomplice "Nothing inside!"
Storm sighed "I guess we will have to take an interrogation, but not here. Take her with us, we're leaving!"

---

OUTSIDE HOOFINGTON - WAREHOUSE
1:10 A.M.

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead."

Trixie was brought back to reality by a bucket of cold water just thrown at her. She coughed and tried to move, but she found her hooves were tied to an old steel rusty pillar, and felt that something had been attached to her horn.
She looked around, and found herself in a wide dark room, dust settled all over the place, the sound of rats scampering in the distance, with the only source of natural light coming from the moon, that shone towards some little broken windows located near the roof.

Above her, a lamp was turned on, blinding her for a moment, while a blurred silhouette of a pony just appeared before her. Panic started to raise inside her chest "W-Who are you? What do you want from Trixie?"

"Oh, that's easy to say. My name is Storm Loneshark and I was an…associate, of your father. More specifically, your father came to our organization, some years ago, and asked for a little loan."

"So you are an usurer!" replied Trixie.

"Oh, please. Usurer makes me look like a bad pony. Let's say I'm more like a…generous wheeler dealer. Now you see" the earth pony started to walk around the pillar where Trixie was tied to "your father borrowed a high sum of money from us and, unfortunately, was not able to give it all back before his early departure. The only thing we ask from you is to extinguish your father's debt with us…with a little interest, of course."

Trixie started to laugh ironically "And how is Trixie supposed to do that? In case you didn't notice when you took Trixie from her home, I'm not too well off, and Trixie's father didn't leave her any sum of money."

"Oh, don't think you can fool me." he added, drawing up his face menacingly to Trixie's one "We both know that your father signed a life insurance, many years ago, and designed you as his heir. We've turned your father's house inside out, but were not able to find the contract and that means he somehow managed to send it to you before his death. Now, just tell us where did you keep the money and I'll swear we will release you without a single hair hurt"

Trixie just lost her confidence and was starting to panic "What are you talking about? Trixie knows nothing about this life insurance and my father never sent me any contract."

"Hmm. It seems we are going to force the information out of you. Uma!" Storm called the henchpony, who suddenly appeared to his side "Dammit, stop using those ninja tricks with me, would ya?"

"I'm very sorry, sir. What may I do for you?"

"It seems that our guest here is a little reluctant. Would you please…persuade her to share the information we want?" said Storm, with a grin forming on his mouth.

"Of course, sir" said the unicorn named Uma, bowing before his partner and turning towards Trixie.

"Well, I would like to watch this interrogation, but I have better things to do. Plus, I really can't stand the look of blood and suffer. Oh yeah, for your information, that device attached to your horn is a magic suppressor, just in case you would try any trick to set yourself free. Also, we are several miles away from any built-up area, so shouting for help will be useless, but, on the bright sight, this allows you to scream as much as you want without bothering the neighbours."

"I'll be on the lookout, Uma." he than added, while he was heading to the exit door "And please, try not to exaggerate this time. I would like to see her willing to talk and still alive when I'll come back."

"As you wish, sir" replied Uma, while Storm left. Uma went closer to Trixie, and showed her a smile that was as natural for the stallion as it appeared scary for the mare "I need to apologize for what happened at your home, milady. My partner tends to be a little rude when he doesn't obtain immediately what he wants, but I can ensure you that dragging you here fainted was not on our intention."

Trixie could't explain why, but this hench-pony was creeping her out; he looked so tranquil and polite, and his actions and manners made he look like a gentle-pony, yet, he emanated an unexplainable disturbing aura "W-What are you going to do to Trixie?"

"Oh, you see, milady, as much as I despise the methods used by my partner, I'm just his subordinate, so I have to obey at his commands, and, as he asked me, I am afraid I will have to convince you to cooperate with us" he then lightly sighed "one way or another!"

At those words, Trixie started to heavenly sweat, fear rising inside her every second spent with that scary pony "W-What do you mean with that?"

Uma's expression didn't show any sympathy for the mare, and his eyes were as cold as ice, the kind of eyes of somepony who had already killed another pony… a lot of ponies "Well, you must understand I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice. I never want to hurt anypony, but that's what I did for all my life, and that's the only thing I can do!"

He then took a brief breath and continued "You see, I come from a very distant country, far away in the east, and I was born in a monastery between the mountains, held by a clan of assassins which raised the most talented killers for hire in history for centuries. I spent my first 14 years with a dozen other colts and fillies, training everyday both physically and spiritually."

"One night, the leaders put all of us in the yard we used to exercise and presented us a challenge: 'Today you are going to face your own brothers and sisters, and only one of you will live to see another dawn' they told us, and left us there, killing each other. While most of us were just too shocked or too afraid to even move, others moved quickly, and started to slaughter the other ponies as fast as they could. When one of them, a filly I had a crush on, just launched towards me, with a blood thirsty gaze in her eyes, savouring the moment when she was going to take my life, I acted on instinct, and my horn produced this."

His horn started to glow and a rod of magical energy formed just a few inches away from his right foreleg "This is a Psionic Blade. I used it to stab that little filly through her heart, saving my life. My memories are a little confused about what happened later, but I still remember that, when the sun rose, I was the only one standing in that field, and that I was covered in blood and guts".

Trixie's heart was beating really fast in her chest, and she was almost on the verge of collapsing for the fear.

"I guess" he added, while a sad smile started to form on his face "the only good thing that happened was that I also got my cutie mark that exact same day." As frightened as Trixie was, she couldn't divert her attention from the flank of the stallion; there was a clear representation of the blade of energy the earth-pony was performing in front of her eyes, but it was blood stained, and behind it there was shown a single sprit of blood.

"Now" Uma continued, letting the psionic blade disappear "I've trained for years to master my talent, and I only use it in real battles, when I know that only me or my enemy will survive, so, luckily for you, I will not use it on yourself…still" he added, using his magic to draw up a briefcase to him "I'm afraid I will still have to use some of my personal instruments on you if you'll be unwilling to tell me what Storm wants. So, I'll ask you again….where did you put the life insurance money?"

At this point, Trixie lost all her confidence, her cheeks were bathed in tears, her body was heavenly shaking and the only noise she could hear was the beating of her heart, which started to sound like a jackhammer "Please… Trixie already told you. Trixie knows nothing about those money."

Uma sighed "I guess you leave me no choice, then."

---

'Why does he always have to waste so much time?'

Storm was starting to get impatience. He already worked with Uma, and knew that he'd already lost a dozen of minutes just to tell their hostage the story of his past, hoping that would be enough to let her cooperate with them. He never asked to the henchpony if the story was actually true or if he just had a wild imagination, and even if this method turned out to be useful in more then one occasion, he still preferred a more direct way of action, kicking the hell out of his hostages until they spilt the beans.

He was going to give Uma just another ten minutes before going back inside, and decided to light another cigarette. It's at that moment that something hit him hard on the nape, making him collapse on the ground, knocking him out.

"Alright, one down." said Twilight, coming out from her hideout "Now I just have to save Trixie."

CONTINUES IN CHAPTER 4

Author's Note:

This is the raw version of the chapter. Unfortunately, my current editor had been slowed down by IRL issues, and couldn't edit it before.
He said he'll probably send me the edited document soon, but I wanted to release it anyway, so, excuse me if this chapter may have some errors, but English is not my native language. :(
I'll upload the corrected version of this chapter ASAP. If you find some of those errors I was talking about, feel free to point them out