• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 3,451 Views, 67 Comments

Spike´s Cutie Mark - CaioCoia



After quite a lot of pestering, Princess Luna allowed the Cutie Mark Crusaders to see the dreams of their friends one night. But after a mistake, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Will try everything for help Spike to find his own purpose.

  • ...
2
 67
 3,451

Chapter 3: Getting Sidetracked

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Spike rode in a hot air balloon in the sky. As they flew over a river, Spike put on his equipment.

"Are ya sure yer not scared?" Apple Bloom asked him with worry.

"Yeah. I was scared when I jumped down during bungee jumping. But now, I feel like jumping without hesitation, and something in me is telling me to jump." Spike adjusted his goggles.

"Yeah! That's what I hear in my head, too! Finally someone who thinks like me.” Scootaloo was glad to see Spike with the same thoughts as her.

"I will go first, okay?" Spike asked with confidence. The CMC nodded and Spike jumped off the balloon.

The sensation was incredible. He felt light, like he was flying away. He could see Ponyville from here. And looking down at the river, he knew it was time to open the parachute. But he couldn’t remember how.

"Girls! I FORGOT HOW TO OPEN THE PARACHUTE!" Spike yelled with a terrified tone.

"Oh my Celestia. Spike! PULL THE CORD!" Scootaloo screamed down at Spike.

"WHAT?!" Spike screamed.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked over the edge.

"PULL THE CORD!" the Cutie Mark Crusaders screamed together, making him look for the cord.

Spike finally found the cord, but when he was going to pull, he landed in the river with all the force of gravity. The CMC looked away.

"OUCH!" They said in unison.

"I hope he will be alright." Apple Bloom said nervously.

"I don't know. That's gotta hurt a lot." Scootaloo said, but they looked to her with bloodshot eyes, making her feel awful.

"I don't know if I want to do this," Sweetie Belle said with doubt.

But something was pulling and making the balloon shake.

"Whats going on?" Scootaloo asked.

"Something is coming here!" Apple Bloom said with hope.

After a few seconds, Spike rose from the water with bloodshot eyes, looking at the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Do... do you wanna try again?" Scootaloo said, fear in her voice.

Spike didn’t responded. He was soaking wet. After spitting a lot of water from his mouth like a fountain, he replied:

"Sure. Why not?" The CMC became relieved and giggled.

After skydiving, Spike didn’t get his cutie mark of skydiving, but they were hopeful for him in the next activity.

"Okay Scootaloo, we have to stop these dangerous things. I don't think Spike will get his cutie mark doing something extreme like that," Sweetie Belle said, looking to Spike.

"Oh yeah, my Cutie Mark. I forgot that’s why I’ve been doing this. I feel like I’m having fun with you guys," Spike said, nodding with them.

"But…I think Spike will find his cutie mark if he tries something like this." Sweetie Belle pointed to a restaurant. There was a single pony, looking down, as if he had given up searching for waiters and waitresses.

"Waiter? I don't think so, Sweetie." Spike looked to her.

"You need to try, Spike!" Sweetie Belle started to push him to the restaurant.

"Okay, I will do this, but if I will go, you will go with me, too," Spike said, making them feel a little uncomfortable.
After they nodded with a little hesitation, they went to the restaurant. A yellow unicorn with a fancy suit was standing in the doorway.

"How can I help you?" The stallion looked down at them.

"We came to help you! We want to be your waiter and waitresses," Spike told him with determination in his voice.

"You? I can't believe this! How do you think you will help my restaurant? You are only a dragon and they are foals. You can't legally work here," the stallion said with disbelief.

"We didn’t come here to take a job. We came because you need our help. And I can’t let somepony have no help. Even stallions like you," Spike retorted.

"You have determination, and I like it. You can help me if you want. But I don't think they will help me like you will." The stallion looked to the CMC with disgust in his eyes.

"Hey! If I’m in, they’re in! And if they’re out, I’m out!" Spike said angrily, due to the stallion’s ignorance

"You’re loyal to them, aren’t you? You are an interesting dragon. Okay, you win. They can help us. But I’ll give you some advice. This is a fancy restaurant, don't you dare mess this up." The stallion grinned with his argument, afterwards, going inside.

"What a jerk," said Scootaloo, looking to Spike.

"That’s okay. Actually, many fancy stallions are like that," Spike said, as if this was the most normal thing to do.

"But you didn't need to do this for us, Spike. We know you will be fine doing this alone. We don’t know anything fancy, and I think we will be awful," Apple Bloom said in disbelief.

"It’s okay, Apple Bloom. I know how to do these fancy things. And I don’t let you down, I will be here. I told you. If I will do it, you will do it with me," Spike said, entering the restaurant.

"Maybe Spike will get a fancy cutie mark. I will go with him!" Sweetie Belle was excited to see how it will end.

"Let’s rock and roll!" Scootaloo entered through the doorway.

"Hey, don’t leave me behind again!" Apple Bloom followed.

After some instructions from the stallion on how to attend the clients, he entered the kitchen and started to cook.

"Is he the chef?" Apple Bloom asked with surprise.

"Oh, now I understand him. Okay girls, let’s do this. If you need help, ask me. I will show you how to do a lot of things." Spike whispered some instructions about how they would work.

"Okay, I think it’ll work. Let’s go!" Sweetie Belle said without hesitation.

Scootaloo grinned, seeing Apple Bloom smile.

"Yeah. It will work," Apple Bloom said after opening the restaurant.

Some fancy people entered the restaurant, and were being welcomed by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Welcome to the Fancy Party Night. We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders and we are the managers of this place. Our waiter is waiting for you."

The chef looked to Spike with disbelief, and Spike make a signal of OK with his claws.
The fancy stallions and mares was surprised with their greeting. Too young and too responsible? Did it even exist? They thought. But after being settled at their tables, Spike was there with speed and saluted the customers.

"Welcome to the Fancy Party Night. I will be your waiter until the end, my name is Spike Draconian Draconell, but call me Spike the Dragon, and I will be glad to receive your order. How can I help you?"

The customers were enchanted with his presentation. He was educated, wearing a little suit, giving a serene smile. They loved him.

"I want the special of the day. I would like to know what is in it," a stallion asked Spike.

He only sniffed and closed his eyes, then answered the customer’s question.

"Comes with herb, alfalfa, lettuces, olive and a sweet tea," Spike replied without hesitation, making the chef’s jaw drop.

How did he know that? I didn't tell him what was on the menu, he thought to himself. And when he looked to the CMC, they were administering the place exactly how to get work. "But how?" He looked to Apple Bloom and she was looking to Spike. And Spike was making some gestures. She nodded.

After a few hours, they were all exhausted and tired. Spike didn’t want to stay up, so he got down to rest a little. The chef walked into the room, looking to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They were tired.

"Sorry, I underestimated you. I though that will be a disaster. But all of you made me think I was wrong. You, dragon! You are determined, loyal, and have the courtesy of a prince. You and the girls administered this place better than I will ever do in my life. Can you forgive me for my insolence?" The chef kneeled in front of the dragon and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Sure, by chef to chef. I know how the pressure is. And I think if you have some humility, we will be great friends. What's your name?" Spike asked.

"Golden Ring," he said, standing in front of Spike.

"It’s a honor to meet you somedragon like you," Golden Ring told him with a smile on his face.

"Likewise!" Spike said, looking to his friends with a good smile.

"Spike, you must be honored by yourself. You made great things in little time. I will never forget what you did for me. Even you, Cutie Mark Crusaders. You helped me with all the customers. I’m glad to have meet you all," Golden Ring said, taking his chef hat off and giving to Spike.

"Use it with honor, Spike. You deserve it."

"I will!" Spike said, putting on the hat.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were standing near the door, waiting Spike.

After leaving the restaurant, they began walking on the streets of Ponyville, going back home.

"I can't believe it. After doing that job, Spike still doesn't having a Cutie Mark. Wait, that’s it!" They looked to Sweetie Belle with a grin on her face. "Spike, tonight we will do many things in the boutique. We will find your talent in two things at the same time."

"And what is it?" Spike asked.

"Architecture and costume maker!" Sweetie Belle said with a smile on her face.

"That doesn't make sense. How will I be good in two things in the same night?" Spike asked, confused.

Apple Bloom smiled and nodded to Sweetie Belle.

"Because I know Architecture and Sweetie knows how to make some things for the costume," Apple Bloom answered with her hoof on his shoulder.

"To the boutique!” Sweetie Belle yelled.

Spike smiled. He knew that it wouldn’t work. But seeing their smiles, it made him believe in himself and try something to find his own purpose. His own Cutie Mark.

"Alright. Let's go," he said, walking with them.

After walking the streets, they were close to the boutique when Spike tripped over a bag.

"What…?" After opening the bag he saw 100 bits, 3 gems, one ruby, one sapphire and another emerald. The most precious thing inside was a golden ring with a big diamond.

"Woah, that’s awesome!" Scootaloo was looking inside the bag. "You found it Spike, you deserve."

Spike didn't respond. He was suddenly serious. He looked away, looking for somepony. After this, he grinned and ran.

"Spike, where are you going?" Scootaloo asked, running with him.

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom ran with them.

Spike was holding the bag and ran, pointing to the front. When they looked where he was pointing, there was somepony looking down, desperate to find something.

Spike stood in front of him. The stallion’s head lifted to see Spike.

They didn't say anything. But the stallion broke the silence.

"Who are you?"

"Spike the dragon. And you?"

"Black Wings." The pegasus opened his wings.

"Nice to meet you," Spike said.

"Likewise." Black Wings nodded to him.

Spike took the bag and gave to Black Wings.

"I think this is yours."

"You found it!" Black Wings caught the bag with a giant smile on his face.

Scootaloo saw what happened and walked over to Spike.

"Why did you give the bag to him?!" Scootaloo demanded in disbelief.

Black Wings heard her question and looked to Scootaloo with rage, making her step back.

Seconds of silence later, Black Wings nodded.

"She’s right, why did you give it to me? Tell me the truth, didn't you want what’s inside here?" Black Wings asked with sadness and disbelief.

"I have to admit, I wanted to take it, but I remembered what would happen if I let my greed take over. I almost destroyed Ponyville! But after
what I saw what was in this bag… this something really important to you, right?" Spike asked, looking to him with a serious face.

Black Wings beamed.

"You’re right. The 100 bits and the gems will be for the restaurant me and my special mare will eat at. And the golden ring is the one I will use to ask her to marry me." His answer made the Cutie Mark Crusaders open their mouths and Spike smile.

"I knew it!" Spike said with a grin on his face. "I thought this when my first thought was to take it for me. But this made me feel like doing the right thing. And the right thing to do is to be just and give it to the pony who was looking for it."

"Your mouth says honesty and your eyes seek justice. Spike, you are the best dragon in the millions who even saw me. Because before I saw you and what did you did for me, I didn't think any other stallion would do it, but after talking to you and seeing your empathy, I will do something like this to you in the future. I hope the mare you love will be very lovely to you because you deserve." Black Wings said, spreading his wings.

"How did you know that?" Spike asked, blushing.

"Because everypony and dragon has somepony to love, my friend. Remember that." Black Wings winked at him and flew away.

"Woah, Spike, I can't believe you knew this!" Sweetie Belle said to Spike.

"That’s normal, like he said, everypony and dragon has someone to love. I think today I made many friends," Spike said, walking to them.

"Alright, let’s enter the boutique to help Spike!" Scootaloo said, entering the Boutique after Sweetie Belle opened the door.

After walking inside, Spike drew with Apple Bloom in one hour and helped Sweetie Belle to make some costumes in another hour. Spike drew 5 houses, 3 boutiques and 2 stores, and made a dragon, cowboy, astronaut, princess and a ninja costume.

Scootaloo wasn’t enjoying this because she was the ponyquin to wear the costumes. She liked to be the dragon, but she hated to be the princess. After the laughs the many costumes and draws. The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at Spike’s rump. It was still blank.

"I can't believe it. Spike, you did a great job in these two things, but you didn’t get your cutie mark?" Sweetie Belle asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, maybe I will try something different. Or maybe I will not receive my Cutie Mark, girls," Spike said with sadness.

"Oh no you don't! I will make sure you will have your cutie mark or my name isn't Apple Bloom! Come with me, it's my time to choose the next activity." Apple Bloom pushed him to the door.

"What are we gonna do now?" Spike asked, trying to hold back.

"We will hunt beatles," Apple Bloom said, pushing him harder.

"What?!" They all screamed.

Author's Note:

Hey Guys I'm glad of every help of my friend Blue Diamond_Topaz, she is doing her best for help me with this fiction. And it's pretty close to finish.

The next chapter everyone will see what happened in that night. that will be the final chapter of the Spike's Cutie Mark. XD