• Published 31st Jul 2016
  • 3,581 Views, 35 Comments

Are you happy? - BlueSupernova



It was a simple question that had a simple answer but a worry that occurred

  • ...
2
 35
 3,581

Are you happy?

Sunset close the door to the attic and streched out until she heard a click. She rubbed the back of her neck before going into her room to grab something. While fiddling around on the sideboard she stumbled upon her wedding photos,a smile curling onto her lips as she began to flip through the pages. She stopped on one photo where both her and Twilight were kissing under the setting sun on the beach that they had their wedding on. Twilight wore the most beautiful white dress and veil while Sunset had chosen to be more..manly if you will with her attire and went for a traditional tuxedo. She got so invested in looking at the photo she didn't hear someone call her name.

"Sunset?" The voice called again a bit louder this time.

"Yes?"

"You coming down for dinner?"

"Oh yeah I'll be right down!" Sunset called back,glancing at the photo one last time before grabbing her black Five Finger Death Punch hoodie,slipping it on and heading downstairs. While walking into the living space she saw Twilight sitting on the sofa with her eyes focused on her computer screen.

"You were up there for a long time," Twilight spoke softly,looking up from the screen to look at Sunset with a smile

"I was..reasearching,"

"Oh is that we're calling it nower days?"

"I was!" Sunset spoke defensively thought the smile she had from earlier remained on her face.

"Anyway can you please get the dinner I just have to finish this paper for the lab," Twilight asked,her eyes shifting back to the screen as she began to type again. Sunset walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge,grabbing a soda before balancing the bowls of dinner on her hand and arm,bringing the dinner over.

"And..done! Finally. I mean its probably too long and full of typos but thats what editors are for," Twilight spoke with relief,taking a bowl from Sunset. Sunset put her drink down and sat down with her bowl.

"This looks good..and tastes good too," Sunset smiled who then swallowed her mouthful of food and turned to Twilight "So tell me about your paper,"

Twilight sat with her legs up to her chest,her back against the side of the sofa while she ate. She glanced up and pushed her glasses up her nose.

"This one?" She asked,motioning her fork towards the closed laptop on the coffee table before taking another mouthful of food.

"Yeah. I'm curious,"

"Since when have you been curious about my work?"

"Since always now start talkin' "

"Well I'm writing about the new discovery of new elements that will be added to the periodic table soon.." Twilight continued to speak but Sunset began to space out,starring at the painting of a tropical setting on the wall above the fireplace. She kept chewing her food,her attention still on the photo until something jabbed her in the shoulder which caused her to jump slightly and look over to see a smiling Twilight.

"Where are you?" Twilight asked as she began to chew her last mouthful of food,the smile never leaving her face while Sunset looked attacked.

"I'm..in here..being stabbed with a fork," Sunset responded with a chuckle at the end,putting her bowl on the coffee table and going to Twilight's bowl to go wash up.

"Oh no I'll wash up," Twilight said quickly,jumping to her feet and taking the bowls from Sunset and pushing her back onto the sofa

"No you cook,I clean its fair,"

"But you washed up yesterday,"

"Okay okay..how about I play you for it? On your TV game thingy," Sunset asked with a smirk curling onto her lip,her arm now draped over the back of the sofa. Twilight just looked at her with a very amused look,raising her eyebrow while her smile became more sarcastic.

"You'll play me for it...on my 'TV game thingy'?" She asked,the amused and sarcatic look never leaving her face "Do you even know what its called?"

"I don't need to know what its called I've seen you play! It's jumping and running and I have a natural talent for that. So what do you say chicken,is it a bet?" Sunset asked with shit eating grin. Her grin only got wider as she began to make chicken noises at Twilight,who just rolled her eyes at the childish way her wife was acting.

"Oh wow okay,Cowgirl. Is that how this is going to be? Alright,Sunny you're on," Twilight smirked,putting the bowls down and turning on games console.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The TV began to make noises that sounded like a jingle causing Sunset to lean back.

"Okay..watch and learn," Sunset said with a massive smirk curled on her lips.

"Oh I'm learning alright," Twilight repiled with a small chuckle and a smile.

The Playstation logo appeared on the big but not massive flat screen along with the small jingle that came along with the logo TV.

"Is this it?" Sunset asked with a raised eyebrow,glancing at her wife.

"No it has to load,"

"Load?"

"Yes,"

"This is taking a really long time,"

"You have..no patience,"

"When you turn something on you except it to-"

Sunset was intrupted by two massive pieces of text bounced onto the screen along with a background while a character with red fur,jeans and shoes ran onto the menu screen.

" 'Crash Bandicoot' " Sunset spoke outloud. Twilight just looked at her,her smile getting bigger.

"Is there a problem?"

"Yeah no it's just uh..-" Sunset paused,looking over the controller by twisting and turning it a couple of times "-how do you make it go?"

Twilight just looked down at the controller in her wifes hands,the smile never leaving her lips.

"..Push the Start button," Twilight finally replied after a couple of seconds.

"Right yeah I-I knew that...Now how do I move?" Sunset asked quietly,her cheeks turning a little red out of embarrassment. Twilight shook her head.

"You use the D-pad,this thing here-"" Twilight replied,pointing to the buttons on the controller that looked like little arrows "-to move him and these-" She stopped now pointing to the circle and square buttons "-to use your spin attack,". Sunset followed her wifes directions and began to move Crash around the the screen in a circle before moving down the screen and using the circle button to destroy some boxes that gave her some apples.

"Why would that fox need apples?" Sunset asked,glancing to her wife slightly.

"Bandicoot," Twilight corrected her,pulling her knees up to her chest as she watched her wife struggle to play with a crooked smile.

"A-are you sure?"

"Yep,"

"But he looks like a fox,"

"He's not,"

"Why is he wearing pants and shoes but no top? What is this? Spring break?" Sunset asked with an unamused tone. She had some bad experiences with spring break.

"Why are you questioning a video game? Why not just ask why Sonic is blue? Or why Mario doesn't actually do his plumming job?" Twilight spoke and looked over to see her wife open her mouth.

"Oh no you don't. Focus." Twilight spoke firmly,turning her head back to look at the screen. Sunset shut her mouth and began to play again,getting the hang of it. She controlled Crash past the first archway only to get chased by a bolder.

"Okay now run away from the bolder," Twilight spoke up,putting her arms on her knees as she watched.

"Why is the bolder chasing me?"

"Just..run away from it,"

"I did nothing to this bolder,"

Sunset kept playing,making annoyed grunts every so often.

"Jesus," Sunset mumbled to herself while using the X button to jump,that she figured out herself,to jump over the gaps only to time one wrong and fall down a pit.

"Gah damnit," Sunset groaned in annoyence only to hear Twilight chuckle in slight triumph. Sunset glance to the life icon in the corner and noticed the number changed from 3 to 2. She tsked before controlling Crash again,going past the archway only to be chased by the bolder again but this time she made it to the next archway where the bolder stopped. She used her spin attack to break a box that released text saying 'checkpoint'.

"See? I'm a natural," Sunset smirked,looking over to Twilight who just shot her a sarcastic smile before looking back at the screen "Speechless,honey?"

"Oh you mean like you were on our wedding night?" Twilight shot back without looking her way at all although a smirk began to curl on her lips. Sunset's jaw dropped and she just looked at her wife with shock and awe.

"Did you just-"

"Yep," Twilight cut her off,lifting her hand to the side of her face with the back of her hand facing Sunset,lifitng her middle finger while lowering all her other fingers before retracting her hand back to her knees.

"Oh that was such a low blow," Sunset stuck her tongue out before beginning to play again,now getting chased by another bolder. She misstimed a jump and fell into a pit again,Sunset making a distressed noise.

"Want to give up?" Twilight asked with a snarky smile,now looking at Sunset.

"Suck my dick,Sparkle."

"Thats Shimmer to you now. Also didn't know you had a dick when did that happen?"

"When you started being snarky and up your own ass,"

"So 3 years ago? Wow I mean you hid it so well while we made love," Twilight spoke in fake shock,placing a hand on the clothing over her heart. Sunset just looked over at her with a bored expression while Twilight just had a childish grin on her. Sunset huffed and began to play again,getting killed almost instantly due to getting Crash run over by a bolder.

"Oh that poor fox,"

"Bandicoot," Twilight corrected her for the second time before shifting her eyes to the corner of the screen "Well last life. Make it last,"

"Yeah yeah watch me wreck your highscore," Sunset spoke with a snarl before taking a breath and leaning forward slightly,gripping the controller slightly harder. She moved Crash and began to jump,dodge and avoid everything in her path and after her until she finally got to the end. She looked hopefully at the screen but got denied her victory as a beeping noise and the shaking of Crash's head alerted her that she hadn't beat Twilight's highscore.

"What..? What happened?" She asked rhetorically before she looked down at her controller though a slightly relieved smile appeared on her face as she gently chuckled the controller on the coffee table. She leant back on the sofa and sank into it slightly "I practically had it.."

"Oh you can always try again," Twilight cuddled up to Sunset and placed a hand on her stomach "Come on double or nothing my car could use a good wash,"

"Oh we really going to start the smack talk?"

"Theres this one mode called easy where it just-" Twilight stopped and made a scraping motion down,adding the squeaky noise too "-does it for you,"

Both girls just laughed lightly and sighed,sinking into the sofa even more. Twilight's eyes lit up and she smirked.

"So what were you saying huh? 'Watch me wrech your highscore' was it?" Twilight asked smugly,shiting around to look at her. Sunset just shot her head around to look at her wife before smirking widely which cause Twilight's face to drop slightly.

"Oh you're gonna get it,Twily come here!" Sunset yelled,pouncing on her wife and began to tickle her vigorously. Twilight burst into laughter and tried to bat Sunset away to stop the tickle torture. Sunset kept tickling Twilight for about a minute more while laughing as loud as her before both her tickling and laughing died down,the firey haired woman placing a hand on Twilight's cheek and looking down at her wife lovingly with a warm smile. Twilight returned the smile,placing both of her hands on both of Sunset's cheeks. They stayed like that for a while until Twilight cracked a pretty important question.

"Hey..are you happy?"

Sunset was caught off guard by the question and looked down at Twilight with a slightly shocked look.

"Of course I'm happy Twi..why wouldn't I be? I mean I have a nice house,a good paying job,awesome friends and an incredible wife,"

"It's just..." Twilight paused,biting her lip while averting her eyes away from Sunset's even though she loved Sunset's eyes. They do say the eyes are the window to the soul. "..It just I feel like..I'm the one who pulled you away from your adventure lifestyle. All those years ago you were worried I would do so and thats why you never told me and now...now I feel like I made your fear come true. God you loved that lifestyle and I feel like its all my fault you-" Twilight was cut off by a soft,caring kiss from Sunset,who had her eyes closed. Twilight's eyes widened but she soon relaxed into the kiss and closed her eyes,kissing back softly while running her hands into Sunset's soft firey hair before both pulled away. Twilight opened her eyes to see a Sunset smiling down at her with nothing but pure love in her eyes.

"Twily. I never blamed you for that. I quit because I wanted to. I served all I could and I wanted to spend more time with the people in my life I love like you and the girls. Never blame yourself okay?" Sunset asked the last part,looking at her with a firm but still soft stare. Twilight only giggle,nodded and smiled widely.

"Okay,"

"Good. Now lets get all this cleared up. Remeber the girls are coming for dinner and they'll be pissed if they found out we had a little dinner before they arrived," Sunset spoke,jumping off her wife before grabbing the bowls before running off into the kitchen with a laugh. Twilight gasped though the smile never left her face before she jumped up herself,adjusting her glasses before chasing after Sunset.

"Hey come back here you lost the bet! Sunny!" Twilight called out into the kitchen.

Both girls playfully fought for the right to wash up in the kitchen until the agreed to do it together.

"Hey Twi?" Sunset spoke up finally.

"Yeah?"

"Sic Parvis Magna," Sunset quoted,resting her head on Twilights shoulder.

Twilight only smiled and leant back into her wife,resting her head on her chest.

"Sic Parvis Magna,"

Author's Note:

"Sic Parvis Manga" roughly translated to Greatness from small beginnings.
Anyhow I hope you enjoyed this small sequel to the first story I wrote do to with Uncharted 4,Pistols at Dawn. I based this scene around the scene near the beginning of the game with Nate and Elena incase you were wondering :twilightsmile:
BlueSupernova Out!:rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 35 )

Sci-Twi x Sunset... Instant fav!!

Favorite forever bro.

7441876 For real? Damn I feel honered right now thanks dude! :pinkiegasp:

While not as good as Twilight Shimmer, this was really cute. And I remember this from Uncharted 4. Watched Jackscepticeye play it.

7460410 Hey I'm perfectly fine with this not being as good as that story since that story is incredible but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I didn't watch anyone play it since I own the game :rainbowlaugh:

why would sunset be ignorant about video games she has been in the human world for years by now she even referenced uncharted in the first story

also the discript made me think twilight was going to ask about having children

7714650 Because I imagine Sunset being a bit of a sore loser or someone who has to prove she better at something than someone else especially when Twilight is involved and I shall not say anything about that part :raritywink:

7716859 i cant see sunset as a sore looser and that dont really answer my question she should know how video games work at this point

7716878 Well in this story Sunset is a sore loser and doesn't know how to play a Playstation 1 since the controller doesn't actually have a analog stick and only consists of the d-pad plus I doubt she really cares for gaming therfore never really learnt how to play. If you don't like how I've chosen to portray Sunset in this story then I'm sorry but I can't help you.

7719173 i was just commenting on something i was not trying to attack you

7719227 I'm aware of that as I'm simply replying :twilightsmile:

7721559 i did enjoy your story

7722069 Thank you I do appreciate the support as well as the constructive criticism as it helps me learn as a writer :twilightsmile:

Sunset called back,glancing at the photo one last time before grabbing her black Five Finger Death Punch hoodie

FUCK YEAH!!!:flutterrage:

Sic Parvis Magna
“Greatness from small beginnings”

UNCHARTED 3 REFERENCE!!!

7776163 Hell fucking yeah brochaco! FFDP for the win!!

7776168 this is actually heavily based off the 4 Uncharted game! :3

7778305 Uncharted 4 is the only one of the Uncharted franchise I have not played yet!

7778302 Favorite FFDP song! GO!

7778373 Man it's so brilliant!!

7778458 YES!! FUCKIN LOVE THAT SONG!!!

WELCOME TO!! THE PRIDE!!!

7778479 IVAN HAS SUCH A SICK VOICE ITS UNREAL

7778485 IKR?! I wish I could sing like him without sounding like I'm trying to squeeze one out!:rainbowlaugh: I only end up with a sore throat everytime I try.

7778497 Same! I wish I could but I'm also fine with not being able to :rainbowlaugh:

7778507 I wish I could sing so I could go Professional. Heavy metal is not dead. It's just sleeping

7778556 This is why I like to go to as many concerts as I can for heavy metal bands so I can contribute to their hard work!

7779494 I've only ever been to One concert. It was Himder, Saving Abel, Papa Roach, and Nickelback.

7779854 Yoooo I love Nickleback

7780197 in not as big a fan as I was back then, but they're pretty good. I'm more of a heavy metal guy. Like FFDP, Metallica, Slipknot, those kinds of bands

"Okay now run away from the bolder," Twilight spoke up,putting her arms on her knees as she watched.
"Why is the bolder chasing me?"
"Just..run away from it,"
"I did nothing to this bolder

Haha that reminds me when I had gotten my first playstation (playstation 1), the first game I got was Crash Bandicoot and I kept questioning wht certain things kept happening to the ' big fox'.

Great story just like the previous one but still since sci twi is in this it should have sci twi labeled instead of twilight to not mix it up

I just love that playful teasing. It swells my heart in a good way :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment