• Published 25th Jun 2016
  • 8,907 Views, 398 Comments

The Wedding Aftermath - Queen Sanguine Dreams



Queen Chrysalis' hive has been scattered to the winds, but not all Changelings serve Chrysalis.

  • ...
34
 398
 8,907

** The Ambassador of Evil **

Thank you for reading!

Comments ( 25 )

Liked the story, just don't understand why Pinkie returned instead of continue being a pirate.

My one true weakness is changelings. I saw this story and immediately beelined toward it. You may have constantly told me in the author's note that you were a fledgling author or beginning author, but one thing I insist that was positive was the bat shit insane comedy that was in this story since the beginning. I haven't giggled like an idiot at a story in a long time, and I laughed, hard throughout this story.

One particular part that sticks with me was Goose. Just the mental image of a duck being fed bananas randomly by a changeling just killed me. I had to be yelled at by my dad from laughing too loudly. Then it got steadily more insane as time went on. I loved it and felt sad when I finished it. Yes, I am aware of a sequel. I tracked it even before starting this one assuming I would like it (I was right) before reading the first one.

I did notice an eerie similarity to a story I read a long time ago where the main character, after fighting for so much, gets turned to stone at the last minute and left behind three very sad mares.... and while I can assume this was just my random need to connect things, is most likely unrelated outside a freaky similarity. This story was ultimately slightly happier about it and was less tragic and random devastation. It also had nothing to do with changelings.

I will read the sequel when it completes. This was honestly the funniest story I read in this fandom that wasn't a crack fic/troll fic. One slightly jarring thing was the constant mention of Everybeing and its derivatives instead of the common everyling or pony (at first anyway for the Everyling... but even THAT is jarring) but I don't think this was enough to hurt the quality of the story.

The fandom needs more changelings. That... and Lyracord! One of these things was in your story and for that you win.

7486584

Not to worry! My sequel actually contains a fair amount of changeling related things :o


Also, I love you so much for going into so much depth with your post! I hardly get comments more that "Oh dis good :moustache:" and the like, (not that i mind, I love that too :twilightsmile:) But i really super-duper appreciate comments like yours, cause it fills me with motivation to keep writing!

Thank you! :raritystarry:

7487238

Oh, I KNOW! Every single time I write, I get comments like "This is great, keep it up!" Random comments you have no idea what they mean or stuff anyone can write and with no knowledge (that last one might just be paranoia) of my story... which is why I am writing for the Invader Zim fandom (slowly, I have horrid, disgusting procrastination issues all centered on video games) and I tend to have a rule with upvoting. If I like a story, I tend to upvote and say words of encouragement or blatant fanboying. One of my pet peeves is just upvoting or favoriting/following without a review. I.GET.IT.ALL.THE.TIME!!!! :flutterrage:

You have a gift for comedy. It tingled my head canon with some things, and made me giggle and bother people around me. The one negative that I am :raritydespair: over is that I couldn't find a soundtrack for it. I tend to like to fit music with what I read, and nothing really fit without being distracting and taking away from the story. and technically this doesn't hurt your story or count as a negative, I am just weird.

7487406

I know what you mean by Procrastination by Videogame. I've been playing something called RimWorld for the past 20 hours or so, and it's the only game where these things can happen:

A naked woman wielding a minigun firing down a hallway with reckless abandon, hitting the family dog several times by accident and yet somehow avoiding several arrows being fired in return.

A monkey killing the pet bison of a passing trader, and then dying to the traders. Then, my own characters running by to Pick up the bison and monkey, sprinting off to the nearest butcher's table to turn them into shoulder-pads and dinner.

A bandit throwing several sticks of dynamite through a window, only for the pet dog to retrieve said explosive cylinders and return them to their 'owner', gibbing both of them in the process and saving two settlers.

A full on twenty person assault on my mountain base, laid to waste by twelve ballista's and two catapults filled with explosive ammunition, and then subsequently arguing amongst the dead over whose room is fancier than the other with automatic weapons looted from the raiders.

God, do I love RimWorld.

helo 7487976 questions:

the queen is the mother of the hive?
:rainbowhuh:

7501246

The mother, leader and centerpiece of the hive, yes.

7501278 so I did bookshelf with all the stories where the queen is the mother of the hive and I wondered if I missed any or if I have all. what do you think? http://www.fimfiction.net/bookshelf/851658/queen-mother-of-the-hives

7569398

Thank you for commenting!

(I hadn't even heard of Mansa Musa until today :rainbowhuh:)

Suggestion: Add this story to one or more of the Changeling groups.

7631932 Between Discord being freed the first time and the Invasion of Canterlot, 3 months had passed. It takes em a while to grow.

7655512

Yeah, well its probably fitting that I think of this entire story as a mistake. Thanks for commenting to tell me that it sucks, but I already knew that.

7662844 It's close. Season 1 to season 2 episode 3 takes 6 months. Then season 2 episode 4, to season 4 opening is 6 months. We can base this on season 1 where each episode is a week apart, giving a lesson for Celestia every Tuesday. The reason she freaks out in lesson zero. Then in season 4 opening, we know it's been a year since season 1 opening.

After that tho, we don't know. Especially since Hearth Warming/winter wrapup/winter time has come around like 4 times in the show, and Halloween only twice.

Tho we assume the Author took the time to figure that out like I did, and follows it.

7655516 what no the story does not stink. It's a fun story With fun characters. I admit that story needs to improve. But that does not mean it's a bad story

I hope to see a sequel where the queen is the prinsipal character again

7748007

Makes sense.

Read through the whole thing in one sitting before I remembered to favourite it (that means it's good).
There were several spots where the writing somewhat deteriorated, perhaps a more stern layout editor would have helped, but the story was funny and engrossing enough for me to keep reading through despite my habit of dropping stories that frustrate me with poor structure.

A solid 7/10, makes up for what it lacks in cohesion with funny and interesting story/characters but still shows you have plenty of room to grow as an author.

U know...most people that stopped when the fic introduced the OC alicorn failed to realise what this truly was...

MLP ...Venture Brothers style.

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

10240726
Interesting angle to see it. I would phrase it differently :raritywink:

To bad the storys sequel never got finished...

didnt think i would like this as much as i did so thanks

10668332
I... I think I'm just going to...-

Thud

So... Scoot's grandma's still frozen in crystal?

Login or register to comment