• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 310 Views, 0 Comments

The Rise of a New World - SilverwingPegasus



A young pegasus must discover her true meaning in life.

  • ...
 0
 310

Understanding the Situation

Author's Note:

This chapter didn't take as long as the last one. I tend to enjoy keeping my chapters short compared to other authors. It makes it easier to write, and get out faster, while keeping the story intact. Also, my first reference teen item in in here. I do still hope you all enjoy!

Silverwing jumped in front of Celestia at the sound of the mysterious stallion, materializing her dual daggers to her sides. The dual daggers were unique in that they were imbued with her wind magic. The green peridot on the pommel showed this. Using her magic, she held the daggers in mid-air at her sides. She stood in a low, defensive stance, as to protect her princess. Unsure of the nature of the stallion, she was prepared for almost anything. Except for what had happened a few moments later, as Celestia stepped in front of Silverwing, and held her wing out to tell her to stand down.

“Ah, Starswirl. So nice to see you after all these years. How have you been? Has time been kind to you?” Celestia asked the mysterious figure.

“Why don’t you see for yourself?” Starswirl answered as he stepped into the light. What stood before the two mares was not what Celestia had thought. He had grown old, and decrepit. He was no longer the regal unicorn wizard he once was. He was an old pony, who looked as though he had just been released from Tartarus, and was drained of all his power. He turned his head, ashamed of what he had become, as Celestia walked over to him, and gave him a hug.

“Oh, my dear Starswirl. What has happened to you?” Celestia said as she released him.

“Come over here, and sit with me, while I explain everything,” he motioned as he walked towards a fire pit.

Silverwing de-materialized her daggers, and stood in her normal stance. She followed Celestia and Starswirl, over to the sitting place. As she sat down, she removed her helmet, setting it down next to her. After everypony was comfortable, Celestia asked, “So, what happened?”

“Ah, yes. The reason I called you two here,” the stallion continued. “As you both no doubt know, I had once unlocked the secrets of immortality, and time travel. However, things have changed of late. I’ve seen different times, different universes in which the great pony war 500 years ago never happened, and those 8 ponies didn’t have to die. But, somepony from one of those worlds, wants to change that. They want to make it so it did happen, in all possible universes, and make it so ponies lost the war, and evil took over the world. As a result of their evil, they had nearly drained me of my power. I barely made it back to this time. I don’t know who this pony is, and I don’t know where they are. I have, however, located the instance in which they reside. I sealed the dimension so that no pony can enter, or exit without my doing. As such, I want you, Silverwing to go there, find this pony, and stop them using any means necessary. I have enough power left to send you there. However, once you are sent, I will fade from this world. Worry not though, as when you have completed your task, I will come back due to time being corrected. At that moment, I will send you a message telepathically to see if you are ready to come back here.”

Celestia, and Silverwing looked at each other speechless. They both blinked a few times before Silverwing spoke up.

“I’m not sure what to say. How can I be the only one able to do this? And I must do it alone?”

“No, my child,” Celestia answered. “You do have friends. Or rather, you will make friends. I’m sure of it. You may be in a new world, however, you are not alone. You never will be.”

Celestia turned to Starswirl, “Does the Celestia and Luna of that world know of this?”

Starswirl nodded. “Yes. I was able to tell them before I left. You see, in every dimension, there is only one Starswirl. And that is I. So, when I tell them something, they know it’s true.”

“Alright my child,” Celestia said turning back to Silverwing. “Your first task once you arrive is to speak with the Celestia, and Luna of that world. Once you do, they will give you your next task. Understood?”

“Yes your highness,” Silverwing nodded.

“Good. Starswirl, let’s begin,” Celestia turned back to him.

“Agreed.”

Starswirl conjured a rune glyph on the floor in the center of the room. It was a brilliant glow of yellow, the color of his magic. As he concentrated on the rune, he gave Silverwing a nod to step in. But before she did, Celestia stopped her.

“My child, take off your armor. When you get there, there is not going to be anypony else who knows of where you come from. Keep it that way until you meet with the princesses. Your armor is a dead giveaway to your origins. So take it all off, save for your bracers, and leave it here.”

Silverwing nodded, then striped down to her bare coat. She was a brilliant shade of silver, with lavender grading on her legs down to her hoofs. Her muzzle also shared the feature. Her mane and tail were dual-toned blue and purple, the blue being the most dominate. Her eyes were a soft shade of teal, almost mesmerizing. Her cutie mark was an image of green wind, the same as her magic, with a dagger over it, the same style as her dual daggers she wields.

After she striped down, she blushed a little. She felt a bit embarrassed as she was naked in front of both Princess Celestia and the great Starswirl. She had never been in the presence for anypony so important without her armor on. In fact, she had never been in front of anypony without some kind of clothing on. It was mandatory for everypony to wear clothes in this world. It helped to cut down on ponies lusting after one another, and breaking out into sex where ever they may be. So Celestia made it a law that everypony must wear clothing, or face jail time and a fine.

“Princess? Won’t everypony question why I’m walking around naked?” Silverwing asked in an embarrassed tone.

“I have a feeling that no pony will even look a second time. If what Starswirl said about that world is true, it sounds just like ours did 500 years ago before the great pony war began. Everypony walked around naked without a care in the world. Even Luna and I did! Hahaha! Don’t worry, my child. You’ll be safe. And if you get into trouble, you know what to do. But do try to cut down on magic use. Pegasi aren’t supposed to use magic in that world, like you can. Only use it in dire circumstances.”

“Understood, Princess,” Silverwing nodded.

“Good. Now step onto the rune, and Starswirl will continue,” Celestia said as she gave Silverwing a hug.

Silverwing nodded, then stepped on the rune. At that moment, the magic produced by Starswirl intensified ten-fold. Wind started swirling around the room. Books were flying everywhere. Silverwing looked at Celestia with tears in her eyes. Celestia looked at Silverwing as she said, “Goodbye, my daughter. I love you!”

“I love you too, Mom! I’ll miss you!” Silverwing cried out before vanishing.