• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 707 Views, 3 Comments

Nyx Midnight and the Moon Dragon - Shadow Master



Her birthday is coming. Nyx meets the Moon Dragon, which put them both in danger...

  • ...
12
 3
 707

Chapter 4: Phobos Remembers...

After hearing a tragic story about Twilight Sparkle's brothers, everyone except Sparkle Family returned home to rest and sleep. Nyx and Phobos headed straight up to bed while Twilight Sparkle, Ben Mare and Spike remained downstairs to have some discussion.

Nyx settled a cradle basket for Phobos to rest. Phobos remained silent as he looked around of his surroundings especially a photo of Twilight Sparkle, Spike and Nyx. He meowed gently and softly, taking her attention to look at him.

"What's wrong, boy?" Nyx asked while patter Phobos.

Phobos sighed, "Twilight... hate me? Because of me killed her brothers..."

"No, silly boy. Mummy just protective of me and her family because of some bad monster make her like this. But not you. You're good but just cranky and confuse."

"Why? I'm a wild animal."

Nyx hugged Phobos passionately, "No, you're not. You're my friend. And you're one of my family too."

"Really?" Phobos asked in surprise.

"Yeah. No matter what happen, you will never sent back to Dragon Land. You must be scared of that place, aren't you?" Nyx asked while departed the hug. Phobos nodded reluctantly yet uncertainly. She smiled, "It's okay. I won't let that happen."

Phobos hummed calmly while sighed in relief. He turned and looked at some books. He came across a familiar book. He took and opened it up. He sees a left picture of sad little duck while the right picture of happy little duck being with Swans and her babies. Nyx approached while looking at it. She smiled happily.

"This is one of my favorite story - The Ugly Duckling, This one is that character. He's all alone because no one wants him." Nyx explained calmly as she pointed at left picture. She then pointed on right one, "But this page, he's with family and doesn't cry. They find him. Then, the Ugly Duckling was happy because he knows where he belongs."

Phobos hummed while looking at the book, "Family? Belongs?"

"You seem to like it. You can keep it if you want."

Phobos was shock and surprise. He formed a gentle smile before hugged Nyx, "Thank you... For kindness and support..."

Nyx smiled and hugged him back, "You're welcome, Phobos. Come on, let's get some sleep. Tomorrow morning, we're gonna have some fun! I'm gonna prove my mummy that you can good and civilized as Spike."

Phobos nodded happily. Nyx and Phobos quickly got onto their beds as they taken a good nap. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better than today's...


In the morning,

Twilight Sparkle, Ben Mare and Spike were cleaning the library while shuffling and puttings the books on shelves in order. Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders have arrived as they want to report the results of Nyx's Surprise Party. The lavender unicorn smiled in relief and happy to hear it. Ben and Spike felt that as well.

As Nyx and Phobos climbed down the stairs, Twilight Sparkle and her friends quickly keep quiet about the surprise party. And just before they could do anything, they heard a knocking on the door. Who was that?

As Twilight Sparkle opened the door, she and her friends encountered a golden maned Alicorn, along with 50 soldiers. They all gasped in surprise.

"An Alicorn?! Here in Ponyville?!" Rarity asked in shock and surprise.

Rainbow Dash nodded, "Yeah, like what the heck is he doing here? This is so the first time to meet an Alicorn, other than the Princesses!"

Twilight Sparkle shushed her friends. She bowed in respect to the golden Alicorn, "Please forgive our rudeness and reaction. We'd never actually met other Alicorns, than the princesses. And you are-?"

"Golden Heart," Golden Heart said humbly, "My name is Golden Heart - Ruler of Hoofington. It is nice to meet the Wielders of Elements of Harmony - The Magic - Twilight Sparkle, the Honesty - Applejack, the Loyalty - Rainbow Dash, the Generosity - Rarity, the Kindness - Fluttershy, and the last but not least: the Laughter - Pinkie Pie. It is my honor, my friends."

Everyone was so speechless and surprise. This mysterious Alicorn actually knew about them yet they were relief that some ponies recognized them. Phobos growled in anger like Golden Heart was his enemy.

Pinkie Pie squealed happily, "He knew us! Prince Golden Heart knew us!"

"I know! It's so awesome! Finally, some ponies recognize us!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed happily, "I knew a few, but this is so awesome!"

"Uh... I was wondering. Why are you here, if you don't me mind asking," Fluttershy asked curiosuly yet shyly.

Applejack nodded, "No disrespect, your majesty. We weren't prepare for your arrival or even know you existence."

"Applejack is right. So, what can we do for you?" Twilight Sparkle asked curiously.

And just before Twilight Sparkle could ask for more, Phobos jumped and bitten on Golden Heart's mane. The Alicorn Prince yelped in pain. The ponies yelped in concern. Cutie Mark Crusaders quickly grabbed and pulled him hard and away from biting the Alicorn Prince's mane. They all held him very tightly from letting him out.

As Golden Heart gently combed his mane down, Twilight Sparkle and her friends bowed down in apologetic forms while begging his forgiveness. Golden Heart turned and gave a suspicious glare at the Moon Dragon.

"What is that?" Golden Heart demanded firmly.

Nyx giggled uneasily, "That's my pet. And I named it - Phobos."

"Really?" Golden Heart asked in surprise. He took a deep breathe before spoke, "Well, I'm not here to stay, Twilight Sparkle. In fact, I was on my way to Canterlot. I was hoping that you can guide me there."

Ben Mare smiled, "That's easy. Use the Ponyville Train, it will take you straight to Canterlot. That will save you some troubles."

"Thank you, my friends," Golden Heart thanked calmly. He turned to Twilight Sparkle and her friends, "For now, carry on with your usual activities. But the next time I see that pet of yours, I expect him to be a model citizen. Is that clear?"

Twilight Sparkle and her friends were surprise and shocked. They thought he would have been mad and offended of Phobos's behavior and attacks. He even gave the advice to us about dealing with Phobos. Instead of doing nothing, they nodded a bit.

Golden Heart smiled, "Good to hear. Enjoy your day, my friends. Good day."

Golden Heart and his soldiers turned and left Golden Oak Library while heading straight to Canterlot. Twilight Sparkle and her friends were still dumbfounded, surprised and concerned of the early events. But they were relief and happy that the Golden Prince is not angry or upset with Phobos. They can now begin their usual event.


As Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders returned to their home and 'usual duties'; Twilight Sparkle, Ben Mare and even Spike took Nyx and Phobos out for hanging out such as having lunch time, having a spa, watching a movie and playing a game at the park.

And at the same time; Twilight Sparkle, Ben Mare and Spike checked on their friends' progress while Nyx helped and trained Phobos to be a modal citizen. But each time their friends did well with the progress, Phobos struggled and got himself in ruining their effort.

Applejack and her Apple Family cleaned the barn while the drinks and food are prepared. Twilight Sparle, Ben and Spike smiled of their efforts. Nyx trained Phobos to be a very hardworking citizen by Apple Bucking. Phobos unable to perform well since the trees are too hard or carrying the wagon of apples heavy for him to handle it. He lost his temper as he went around and clawed the trees, and even make a big mess at the barn. It annoyed Apple Family.

Twilight Sparkle and her two assistants checked on Rainbow Dash, which she performed well on her Sonic Rainboom. Nyx trained him to be a good fast helper. Phobos was overconfident as he almost cleared the clouds out but unfortunately got into Rainbow Dash's way to perform her work. Both of them got knocked out to the ground very hard. Rainbow Dash groaned in annoyance of it.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends checked on Rarity's work, which she prepared dresses for birthday surprise. Nyx trained Phobos of how to be a more gentlepony by helping and cleaning the mess. Unfortunately, Phobos was ignorant as he was cleaning the mess, the clothes got caught by the dusts. Rarity was furious and angered by him as she was chasing him off.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends checked on Fluttershy and her animal friends of inviting the ponies to join the party. So, many ponies are invited. Nyx trained Phobos to be compassion to the ponies. As he tried to be nice with the animals by helping with their works, but they gave him a cold response. Phobos got angry as he chased after the animals, causing them to stampede and scared the ponies off. Fluttershy sighed in upset and disappointment.

Lastly, Twilight Sparkle and her friends checked on Pinkie Pie and the Cakes Family if they were ready with the cakes and party stuffs. The party stuffs looked very good and ready. Cutie Mark Crusaders even told them about their projects. Nyx trained Phobos to be a good singer and guitarist. As he played calmly and happily, ponies cheered wildly and taking a picture of him. Blinded by the lights, he went wild and crazy again as he almost destroyed the restaurant. Pinkie Pie and Cake Family groaned in upset and angry.

Everywhere Twilight Sparkle and her friends went to check on birthday party progress, Phobos ruined it due to him unable to get it right of being modal citizen...


Half-an-hour later, Golden Heart and his soldiers have arrived and entered the Canterlot Castle. They make all the way to the throne chamber, where Royal Sisters were discussing about some important matters. With his clear voice, the sisters turned to the front. They gasped in surprise as they found their old friend stood before them.

"Golden Heart?" Princess Celestia asked in surprise, "You've came at last, old friend."

Golden Heart smiled and bowed, "Indeed, I have. I came here as fast as I can to have some discussion about the enemies. From the letter you have sent, it's very serious. We can't afford to ignore it."

"Indeed..." Princess Luna nodded in agreement. She approached and hugged Golden Heart, "It's great to see you again."

"So do I," Golden Heart smiled as he hugged her back. As they both departed, he asked, "So, there was no sign or word from our former allies?"

Princess Celestia sighed while shook her head, "No, Golden Heart. Our oldest allies made no response. The Wielders of Elements did. They said that they were on their way as soon as they have dealt with their problems."

Golden Heart sighed, "We could really use some large and immortal army right about now."

Princess Luna nodded, "Indeed. I just hope Uncle and others forgave me of what I have done..."

"Don't worry, Luna. They will. I promised," Princess Celestia approached and nuzzled Princess Luna a bit, "For now, let us discuss about Three Lords. We must be prepared for counterattack against them. They must not be underestimated."

Princess Luna and Golden Heart nodded in agreement. Three Alicorns began their discussion about their enemies - Three Lords of Equestria.

"By the way, princesses, did you know that Twilight Sparkle and her friends adopt the Moon Dragon?" Golden Heart asked curiously.

Royal Sisters turned and looked at Golden Heart, with their surprise and shock gesture of 'really' question looks.


At the green hill, Twilight Sparkle and her friends sat down as they were having some snacks and discussion about the party especially how their preparation gone in ruin. Cutie Mark Crusaders and Phobos were playing tag game.

"We were so close..." Pinkie Pie said in disappointment. She turned and gave a glare at Phobos, "Seriously, why can't he be a good dragon like Spike?"

Rarity nodded in agreement, "I agree. Thanks to him, my designs for Nyx's dress is ruined."

Rainbow Dash smirked, "Well, at least mine is not a problem. I still got a perfect score of using Rainboom."

"Without ponies, who would watch your performances during Nyx's Birthday Party?" Fluttershy asked in concern. Rainbow Dash remained in silent and shock. She sighed, "So many ponies in Ponyville are willing to come until he scared them off."

Applejack sighed, "Yeah. He even ruined a mess at the barn. Our effort has come to naught. There is no way we can complete the task in time for tomorrow."

Everyone chatted and nodded in concern and worry about this.

Ben sighed, "But at least, you have some spares, right?"

Spike nodded, "Yeah. Phobos may have ruined some parts of our surprise party. We have some spare ones, don't we?"

"Yeah... Barn maybe a bit messy, but we can clean it up," Applejack said calmly, "And not to mention, I've prepared some extra foods and drinks. We still can party it."

Rarity nodded, "Indeed. I still prepare for some more dresses. Nyx and her friends can wear them."

"Don't worry, Rainbow Dash. We still have some ponies, willing to come and join the party," Fluttershy said confidently. Rainbow Dash squealed as she hugged her shy friend. Fluttershy giggled, "And I thought I worried a lot..."

Pinkie squealed happily, "Yeah! We still got a cake and some party gears! We still got some chance for Nyx's birthday party!"

"Even though things didn't go exactly of what we have hoped for," Twilight Sparkle said in concern. She smiled, "But that doesn't mean the party is over. Thanks, everypony..."

Everyone chatted happily. Despite some setbacks, they still got some backups for the birthday party. Everything should be fine...

Unknown to them; Princess Ember, Captain Moltzar and the Dragoon Brigade were spying on Twilight Sparkle and her family behind the forests. They were keeping an eye on Phobos as they waiting for a chance to catch Phobos. So far, they haven't make a move.

Through his binocular, Captain Moltzar was spying on Cutie Mark Crusaders and Phobos playing near and close to the lake.

"Interesting..." Captain Moltzar muttered in amusement, "Since when did Prisoner 626 willingly to follow and play with these ponies?"

Princess Ember groaned in annoyance, "When are we gonna catch him? We've been on him for two days! And we did nothing!"

"Relax, will you? We will get him. I'm trying to understand him. Why on Dragon God's name would he do such a thing?!"

"Whatever! We'd better get it down as soon as possible."

"Yeesh. You're worse than my mother..."

Princess Ember groaned in anger, "Why I oughtta-!"

"EMBER!" The firm voice called angrily, causing the Dragoon Brigade yelped in concern. They looked at Princess Ember's direction. The greenish portal appeared with the picture of Dragon Lord Spykoran. He growled, "I've given you a week! You're overdue! I want a report! Have you captured Prisoner 626?!"

Princess Ember gulped while lowering her head down, "Please, your majesty! We're doing our best! In fact, we're almost there to capture him!"

"You'd better hope so. I want it done by tomorrow morning! Because if Princess Celestia find out about that dragon, she may think we're the responsible of the mess and start the Dragon War! This cannot be happen! Do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes, sir! I promised you. We will get it done! You promised you won't tell my dad of where am I?"

"I won't. But failure, I will tell him of what happen! Get it done at once!"

With that said, the greenish portal disappeared. Princess Ember hissed in concern as she turned and glared at Captain Moltzar. She was about to say but he interrupted by showing his glee.

"What are you smiling about?" Princess Ember asked in concern.

Captain Moltzar chuckled, "We're going for a swim."

"A what?!" Princess Ember asked in concern. Captain Moltzar and his Dragoon Brigade climbed down the tree. She gave a glare at the captain, "You know I can't swim! I terrible at it!"

Captain Moltzar chuckled, "Maybe you should have!"

"That wasn't funny! I really hate swimming!" Princess Ember exclaimed in annoyance as she went after him, "You hear me! I hate it!"

Cutie Mark Crusaders were chatting with Nyx about Phobos.

"I think they're upset with Phobos," Twist said in concern.

"Yeah. And they work so hard for nothing..." Dinky Doo said in concern.

Nyx sighed, "I'm really sorry, guys. I'm trying my best to make him a good modal citizen. But each time I give him a task, he mess it up big time."

"Yeah..." Apple Bloom nodded in understanding. She sighed while patted Nyx, "We know you're trying. Besides, training a pet or dragon isn't gonna be easy."

Pipsqueak nodded in agreement, "Indeed. All you can do is be patient with him. He'll get use to it."

"Sure..." Nyx nodded in understanding. She hummed in concern, "By the way, why is mummy and her friends behaved strange?"

"What do you mean?" Sweetie Belle asked nervously.

Scootaloo gulped nervously, "Yeah. Why would you say that?"

"They were upset about their works being ruined by Phobos. I know it's their work, but they're overreacting about it too much. My mother always check on them like they were working on something important," Nyx explained in concern. She turned to her worried friends, "And not to mention, you all have been keeping a secret from me too..."

Cutie Mark Crusaders yelped in concern while shaking fearfully and worried. They quickly looked at each other as they wondered of what and how to answer to her.

Phobos approached to the lake while sniffed on it. He groaned, "Yuck! I hate water! Always wet my tongue!"

"Too bad! You're gonna have to swim!" The voice exclaimed in amusement.

And just before Phobos could respond, Captain Moltzar emerged from the water as he grabbed the latter. Moon Dragon screamed in concern. But the captain of Dragoon Brigade pulled him into water. Cutie Mark Crusaders gasped as they got alerted by it. They turned and looked at the lake. They approached it.

"Phobos? Phobos!" Nyx called in concern.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends turned and approached Cutie Mark Crusaders to find out of what's going on.

"What happen?!" Twilight Sparkle asked in concern.

Nyx hissed, "Something grabbed Phobos into water!"

"No worries, he can swim back," Rainbow Dash said firmly. She looked worry and concern as she turned and looked at Fluttershy, "He can swim, right?"

Fluttershy gulped, "I don't think he can since he hates drinking water. Spike can."

"We have to help him!" Nyx exclaimed in concern.

Ben nodded in agreement as he, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Applejack jumped into it. They were going straight to save Phobos from whatever it was attacked him. While the ponies continued swimming down, Phobos struggled as he was battling with Captain Moltzar.

Phobos bite Captain Moltzar's claw, letting the Moon Dragon go. A group of Dragoon Brigade swam towards they charged and attacked him. Each time he battled with them, he dodged and attacked them by clawing, scratching, biting and whacking his tail in knocking them out. Using a water tank, Princess Ember charged and rammed Phobos towards the walls of rocks hard. She punched on him for few times. And just before she could cuff him up, Phobos bite on her claw very hard, causing her to scream.

And just before Phobos could escape, Captain Moltzar charged and swung his fists on Phobos's head hard. As the Moon Dragon got knocked out, he experienced a sudden flashbacks coming into his mind especially involving two mysterious and Spike's eggs, and a fight with his own kind.

As his eyes glowed in dark, Captain Moltzar grabbed Phobos by neck. He chuckled in amusement as he continued punching on Phobos very hard and a lot. Phobos slowly had his nose and even his mouth bleeding.

And just before Captain Moltzar could finish Phobos up, Princess Ember charged in and punched his face very hard. With very powerful knock, Captain Moltzar got snapped out from his dark glowing eyes. Princess Ember grabbed him by collar as she wanted to punch him for almost killing Phobos since they needed him alive for trial.

And before anything could happen, Phobos regain his conscious briefly. He approached to Princess Ember's water tank. He bite it very hard, causing it haywire and crazy. It even forced Princess Ember in knocking Captain Moltzar and the rest of Dragoon Brigade around for the moment. They screamed wildly and fearfully as they got blasted out from the water as they headed and landed on Everfree Forest hard.

Phobos groaned as he lost his consciousness. Ben and his team have arrived in time as they grabbed and swam back to the surface. They reunited with the rest of their friends. Ponies surrounded him as they checked on him if he was okay or not.

Rainbow Dash continued pumping on Phobos's chest while Fluttershy gave Phobos some breathe for few times. Phobos yelped before coughed the water. He breathed heavily for the moment. He lost his conscious the next.

"Is he alright?" Nyx asked in concern.

Ben sighed, "I don't know! But we'd get back to home now!"

Twilight Sparkle nodded in agreement as she led her friends and family back to Golden Oak Library to help and check on Phobos.


Phobos groaned painfully as he slowly waking up from his lost unconsciousness. He found himself in the world of darkness. He looked confuse and worry as he searched around of his surroundings. He stopped as he found himself trapped within the blue canister-like. He was glaring at shadowy figure and a slandered humanoid dressed in dark purple wizard suit. The army of Moon Dragons with dark glowing eyes stood before them.

"How is the progress, Peta?" The mysterious figure asked.

Peta bowed, "All goes according to our plan, Demon Lord of Moon. All of Moon Dragons will be yours and your daughter to command especially their minds. Rest assure, their loyalties belong to you alone. They are yours to command."

Demon Lord of Moon smirked in pleasant, "Excellent..."

Phobos's past self muttered in concern while his eyes went blank. The present one looked worry and scared as he quickly turned and ran away.

The present Phobos stopped as he found his past self armed with his sword in ready to attack the wounded purple male dragon with greenish spikes and wings, worried blue female dragon with short navy spikes and wings, who was carrying the egg. Peta and the corrupted Moon Dragons were behind of him while cheering wildly and proudly.

"Finish him!" Peta exclaimed in anger.

Past Phobos exclaimed in concern, "I can't! I can't!"

"You will! You are the soldier of Moon Demons! You are commanded to kill them! You belong to him!"

"I... I... I..." Phobos shaken in fear while holding the sword tightly. He screamed as he threw his sword down hard, "I belong to no one! No one!"

Two adult dragons sighed in relief. And just before they could respond, Peta approached and fired his powerful poisonous dark magic on them. They screamed in pain as they turned into dusts, leaving the egg behind.

Peta turned and gave a big slap on Past Phobos's face very hard. The Moon Dragon whimpered unhappily yet painfully.

"Useless... Cowardly... Pathetic..." Peta growled in anger, "It appears you have yet receive the complete dose of my magic. I will make sure of you get it all!"

"Damn you..." Past Phobos groaned while rubbing his cheek gently.

"But first, the egg. With it, Spykoran will no longer have any descendants especially his older brother. All will die!"

"NO! Why?! Demon Lord of Fire wanted that egg alive!"

"No! My lord refused it. It will pose a threat to us in the future. We cannot let that happen! Farewell, Spykoran's last descendant!"

"Noooooooo!"

Past Phobos fired his dragon flames on Peta's back. He charged and grabbed the egg while running away as fast and far as he could.

Peta growled in anger, "Get him! Find him! Get the traitor!"

Peta and his corrupted Moon Dragons roared wildly and angrily as they all gave the chase on Phobos, who was carrying the egg.

Phobos's present self grew scared and worried of the event. He knew where this is leading to. He turned and found his past self flew before the Castle of Two Sisters. As he placed the egg near to it, he knocked the door very hard. He quickly hid behind the bushes while watching the event.

Past and Present versions of Phobos spotted Princess Celestia emerged from it. She looked down at the egg. She checked on it for the moment. She gasped in surprise and shock. She quickly held and rubbed it gently like it was her mother. She looked around as she found no one is nearby. She quickly took it and went inside the castle. Past Phobos sighed in relief before he turned flew off.

Present Phobos followed his past self as 500 years past by. His past self was avoiding from being captured and attacked by Peta and his own kind since he betrayed them for saving the egg of Dragon Lord Spykoran.

His past self then encountered Captain Moltzar, whom both of them fought fiercely and wildly. They both ended in draw. They both laid down on the floor as they have some friendly chats. Captain Moltzar smiled in relief.

"I knew it. I knew there's something about you," Captain Moltzar said in pleasant, "Pity that no one believe in your story. But I do..."

"Really?" Past Phobos asked in surprise.

"Eeyup. And to be honest, those friends of yours - they really gave me nasty bites. Hopefully, I don't end up like you."

"No guarantee. If I knew about Peta, he would make sure all Dragons are corrupted and turned into monsters like him."

"Not if we stop him first."

"What are you saying? Capture and lock them up for good?"

"Yes. Until we find the cure, we have to make sure that no Moon Dragons ever ravage the land especially our home. They will be stuck in the void, without my control. No virus could turn any of us into monsters. That way will prove that you're good dragon."

"Hmm... I suppose so..."

"It will work. I promise you that!"

Past Phobos smiled, "Thanks, partner."

"Not a problem," Captain Moltzar said happily. He quickly got up, "Come on, mate. We've got a lot of work to do. My crew could use some janitor."

"As if!" Phobos exclaimed in annoyance.

Both Captain Moltzar and Past Phobos laughed in amusement while walking away from the scene. Present Phobos looked down in concern and worry as he finally remembered everything.

"Now I remember..." Phobos said in concern. He hissed, "What have I done?! Captain Moltzar and his crew got infected by my corrupted Moon Dragons because of me! They're here to hunt and kill me because of me! And now... And now Nyx and others, and Spike... They're in trouble!"

Phobos screamed in fear and worry while held himself tight to the ground.

"I remember now. I'm sorry, Nyx. I'm so sorry, Spike. I have to get away from you. I have to go. I have to! I'M SORRY!"


Phobos gasped in shock as he got from the bed. He breathed heavily while shocking as he found himself back at Twilight Sparkle's bedroom. He sighed in relief. He climbed down the stairs in checking if anypony were okay or not. He found Twilight Sparkle and her friends were chatting with each other about the latest event.

"So, you have no idea of what attacked him?" Nyx asked in concern.

Applejack sighed. "Afraid not..."

"Whatever it was, it's gone," Rainbow Dash said in concern, "So, any idea of why they attacked Phobos?"

Fluttershy shrugged, "I... I don't know. Dumbbell and his friends told me that they found him after they accidentally knocked him out."

"You don't actually think someone is chasing after him?" Rarity asked in concern, "But why?"

"I have the feeling that he's the criminal, bad guy or even fugitive for killing somepony's family!" Pinkie exclaimed in concern, making Phobos nervous and worried. She continued randomly, "What if he was framed for the killing, and then the ponies may think he's the monster for killing the family of good ponies. They want him killed before bad things happen! Poor little guy! He's been framed for something he could never done! What is he gonna do?!"

Feared and worried, Phobos quickly climbed up back to his room at once.

Ben Mare groaned, "Pinkie Pie, knock it off! This can't be the reason of why they attacked Phobos!"

"Yeah. Sure he got some attitude problem," Apple Bloom admitted.

Sweetie Belle nodded, "Yeah. He's a good dragon but not a monster!"

Scootaloo nodded, "Yeah! No way he can be a bad dragon."

"Honestly, I don't know what to believe," Twilight Sparkle said in concern and worry. Nyx looked worry and scared. She cleared her throat, "But we will get the bottom to this. There must be reason behind the attacks on Phobos..."

"How?" Spike asked in concern, "Nopony knew where he came from."

"Phobos has to answer everything to us. He's the only dragon knew of what's going on," Twilight Sparkle said firmly. She turned to Nyx, "You should check on Phobos, make sure he's okay."

Nyx nodded in agreement. Twilight Sparkle turned to her friends as they continued chatting and discussing about tomorrow's birthday event.

As Nyx reached to the bedroom, she gasped as she found Phobos was near to the balcony's entrance while carrying his bag.

"Phobos, what are you doing?!" Nyx asked in concern. Phobos remained silent while looking at her with his shamed and guilty looks. She gasped in concern, "There really was an attack? Please, tell me that Pinkie Pie is wrong! Say it!"

Phobos sighed while shaking his head, "I'm sorry... I really am. But you have to believe in me. I have nothing to do with killing the innocent! Please, Nyx! They're not gonna stop until I get capture. I have to go."

"I... I... I..."

"I know I have been good or best dragon you could count on. But... Running away from you is the only keep you safe."

"But Phobos-!"

Phoos interrupted, "Please, Nyx! I don't want you all get hurt especially you. You're the only friend I ever met and care for. Thank you so much..."

And just before Phobos could do anything, Nyx grabbed and hugged him tightly while crying sadly and unhappily.

Nyx pleaded, "Please, don't go! We can help you! We can save you! You're our family!"

Phobos sighed, "I'm sorry. I really am. Let got of me, Nyx. I have to."

Nyx slowly let got of her dragon pet. As he was about to leave, she pulled his tail while showing an 'The Ugly Duckling' storybook.

"It's the least that you won't forget about us," Nyx explained, "If you have any problem, you can come and find us. We're family. You are one of us..."

Phobos sighed as he took it while smiling, "Thank you so much, Nyx. I'll see you someday. Goodbye..."

Phobos flapped his wings hard as he took both bag and book. He flew away from Golden Oak Library. As soon as he flew away, Nyx began cried and sobbed tearfully and unhappily. Her pet dragon run away from home for the protection of his family...


Phobos arrived at the Everfree Forest. He placed and set the camp up properly. As he was prepared to sleep, he took a glance at the book. He sighed as he looked at it. He looked at the same pages that Nyx has shown him. He sighed unhappily when he looked at the duckling crying and saying...

"Lost..." Phobos said painfully yet sadly before sniffled tearfully, "Lost..."

Phobos held and laid on the book down while crying unhappily and sadly. Because of his past involving Spike and biological family, he has to run away from family for their protection. He's now alone...


The familiar wizard figure was looking at the portal while growling in anger, "It appears that I will have to handle with him by myself! The traitor and son of Spiketail must died. Princess of Demon must be rescued. Captain Moltzar will release the rest of my controlled minions. When it is done, we make final attempt - conquering the Equestria for good..."

To be Continued...

Review and Suggest...