• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 2,112 Views, 12 Comments

A Dream Come True - Dollie



Luna is dealing with depression but will one certain draconequus make her feel better.

  • ...
7
 12
 2,112

A dream come true

"Welp, I finally finished my paperwork” Celestia thought

The sun goddess was in her room working on leftover papers from this evening. This evening she had so much paperwork, but like always she could finish it in record time. Then she decided to leave her personal room and see how her sister was doing.

Luna was sitting on her bed reading a book. It was a sad romance novel, and she was crying and not because the book was so sad.

As Celestia was walking to Luna’s room, she was thinking about what her sister was doing and if she was alright. She’s been in her room a lot lately.

After a few moments, she finally got to Luna’s bedroom. Before she was able to knock, she heard somepony crying.

She noticed that the crying was from Luna’s room, so she decided to go in and check on her little sister and see if she's ok.

Once Celestia walked in, she saw Luna sitting on her bed crying. So she sat next to her.

“What's wrong Lulu?” Celestia asked.

Luna dried her tears “I was reading a sad romance novel.”

Celestia smiled softly “That book is known to be a tear jerker.”

“I know, sister. But it’s so good and sad at the same time!” she lied and cried a bit again.

Celestia put a wing around her sister and tried to calm her little sister down. “Shhh, it's alright Lulu, it's just a story.”

Luna snuggled up against her and slowly stopped crying. “I know, big sister.”

Celestia smiled “There there Lulu, it’s alright.”

Then Luna sat up straight and dried her last tears.

Celestia draped a wing around her sister. “Better?”

Luna nodded “Yeah. I’m better, sister”

Celestia smile. Luna then got up and put her book away.

“Sister, can I ask you something?” Luna asked.

“Um, Sure! What is it, Lulu?” Celestia smiled.

Luna seemed uncomfort and a little tense. She lowered her head a bit, like she was...ashamed, and even a bit sad. Then she looked away for a moment contemplating whether it was right to tell her.

Celestia stayed silent, patiently waiting for Luna to make her question.

Luna sucked in her pride and asked “H-have you ever dealt with depression?”

Celestia said nothing and stayed silent for a few moments “Well… Actually, no.”

“Do you have any ways to deal with it?” Luna asked.

“Well… Depression is sadness, so the best cure is to laugh. Maybe to find somepony who can make you laugh so easily” she smiled softly.

“What if it doesn’t help?” Luna put her head down.

“It will. There’s no better cure than laughter” Celestia smiled.

“What if you’ve already tried?” Luna asked

“You know, everypony has their way to make somepony laugh. Maybe some ways don’t work with you, and maybe other ways work. For example, Pinkie Pie is a really good pony to make somepony laugh, and she has her own way to make them laugh. For some ponies it won’t work, but for others it will.” Celestia said.

Luna nodded slowly. She seem a little bit lost in thought. Then Celestia realized why she asked that question.

“L-luna… Are you depressed?” Celestia asked.

Luna stayed silent and looked away. She pawed the ground.

“Luna… Is that true?” Celestia asked again, now starting to worry.

“It's true…” Luna said quietly.

“...Would you mind if you tell me why?” Celestia asked quietly.

“I don't really know how to describe it.” Luna said.

“Alright. If you don’t want to talk about it, it’s alright” Celestia smiled softly.

“I just feel so useless and like a burden on your shoulders. Equestria would be better off without me.” Luna said.

“...What? You are not a burden to anyone here in Equestria. Luna, Equestria wouldn’t be better without you” Celestia said.

“lt would be fine… They have you, and that's all they've needed for a thousand years.” Luna said.

“No Luna… That’s not right. They also need you!”

“For what? To scare ponies on nightmare night, or to be a fairy tale to scare children?” Luna started to cry.

“Luna… You are the princess of the night, and the ponies need you to give them their night. Also you always can join me in court or special meetings to share your ideas, and that’s what I always tell you to do” Celestia said.

“There's a reason I'm never called to meetings or courts Celestia, and you've raised the moon for one thousand years with ease, and no one has complained. Celestia I'm not needed, and I never was!” Luna cried.

“Luna…” Celestia was shocked about what she just heard.

Luna cried and ran out of the room in a full on gallop, not caring who or what she knocks down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, Luna was in the Canterlot Royal garden, she was sitting under a tree sobbing silently.

Discord was walking around the Canterlot garden for some fresh air. He stopped and looked around when he heard crying.

He noticed that the crying was from a tree near to him, so he decided to approach to the tree. He saw Luna sitting under it, sobbing silently.

Discord tilted his head and silently flew next to her and wondered if he should do anything to help or ask what’s wrong. Then he thought she might yell at him because he didn’t know if she was so fond of him. He actually thinks she hates him.

“Luna…” he said softly, to try to get her attention.

Luna instantly sat up and gasped. “D-discord...what are you doing here?”

“I just heard somepony was crying and I decided to see what’s going on” Discord said quietly.

Luna was silent and didn’t look up.

“What’s wrong, Luna?” Discord asked a bit worried about her.

“I-it's nothing. Honestly, i’m fine.” Luna sniffled and looked up at the castle.

Discord noticed she was looking at the castle and giggled a bit, but not in a good way. “Yes, you are totally fine, Luna” then he rolled his eyes.

Discord gave a big sigh and looked at Luna was silent for while and discord could swear he saw her shivering.

“Luna, If you don’t want to tell me what’s going on, It’s alright. I won’t force you with anything” Discord said.

Luna turned to look at Discord. She had tears in her eyes, as well as her eyes being red and puffy.

Discord wrapped her with his arms and hugged her. That made Luna cry harder on his shoulder.

“I feel so worthless” Luna sobbed.

“Shhh. Just let it go” Discord said quietly.

Luna cried harder on Discords shoulder. It wasn’t the sort of cry you’d see a filly doing when she loses her toy, more like a cry of sadness and torment. It sounded like a painful cry.

Discord patted her back a bit and waited patiently. It was so painful for a pony, even though she was the princess of the night.

After a while, Luna’s crying reduced to sniffles and she calmed down a bit.

“A bit better?” Discord asked smiling a bit.

Luna nodded a bit “yeah, I am.”

Discord brought her closer to him and they snuggled up. For Luna that was a bit comfortable and she felt better.

“Thank you, Discord.” Luna said.

“No problem, Lulu” Discord smiled.

Luna looked up at him and smiled a bit. Then she put her head on his chest. “you're a good friend, Dissy.”

Discord blushed a bit “Hmhmhm. Thank you, Lulu.”

“How’s fluttershy?” Luna asked randomly.

“Uh… S-she’s well. I was with her yesterday.” Discord said.

“Alright, that's good to hear.” Luna said.

Discord smiled “Is there some reason you asked that?”

Luna shook her head, but didn't speak. She looked back up at the moon.

He just ignored it and stayed there with her looking at the moon and the starry night.

“Would it matter to ponies if I was back up there or kill myself?” Luna said suddenly.

Discord gave a sigh and looked at her “Don’t say those things. There are ponies who care about you. Like your sister Celestia, Princess Cadance, Princess Twilight and her friends… Like me.” He said quietly at the end.

Luna perked up at the last part “You care?”

“Of course I do, Luna. I really do” he said.

Luna blushed a bit, and pawed the ground. “Why?”

“Because you are somepony who is special for me. You are my friend and… I’ll be honest. You are the one who understands me more than others do” he said.

“I honestly felt the same way. Out of every pony, you understand more.” Luna said quietly.

“R-really?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah, you didn't really think I hated you did ya?” she asked.

“N-no!. I would never think that” he said blushing.

Luna rolled her eyes “Come on! Every time you were around me, you were timid because you thought I hated you. It was written all over your face.”

His face was completely red because she was right. “A-alright, you are right about that”

Luna smiled a bit. “You ponies are so quick to judge, like my sister.”

“I don’t judge. Just… I was timid that even though I changed, you could still hate me” Discord said quietly.

“That's basically judging” she said.

Discord gave a big sigh “Alright, I judged you and that wasn’t right...”

“It's fine, I'm used to it.” Luna smiled a bit.

Discord smiled a bit back. “Even though I was timid, after that I could face my shyness and talk to you. And now we are good friends, right?”

“Yea…” she smiled and then looked away “You know... I… I actually quite like you” she said quietly

Discord couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Even though they were good friends, he always was timid to tell her that he liked her too.

“D-do you like m-me?” he asked very sheepishly.

Luna nodded “Yes... I do.”

“Well… I…” He blushed and made a pause.

Luna stayed silent, knowing there was more.

“I… I l-like you too…” he said very quietly, still blushing.

Luna looked at him and smiled. A light blush was noticed on her cheeks.

Then Discord approached his head to hers and gave her a kiss on her lips.

Lunas eyes widened in shock, but then she calmed, closed her eyes and kissed him back.

He was enjoying every second of that kiss. He always dreamed to kiss her, she was his special somepony, and now his dream came true.

After several seconds, Luna broke the kiss and looked at Discord. She smiled a bit and blushed.

Discord smiled and blushed as well “I-i’m sorry about that… I c-couldn’t help it…”

“It's fine, I kind of liked it” she blushed.

“Y-you did?” he asked a bit shocked.

she nodded “Yeah.”

Discord smiled a bit “Well… I liked it too.”

Luna pawed the ground a bit with her hoof, and blushed a bit. She unconsciously cuddled up next to him and closed her eyes.

Discord blushed hard when he noticed that Luna was cuddling up next to him, but then he cuddled back and supported his head on hers.

After a minute or so, Luna started to yawn. She could barely open her eyes and almost fell asleep on Discord.

He noticed that Luna was falling asleep and whispered in her ear, smiling “Get some sleep, Lulu. You will need it”

Luna nodded “Alright, I better head up back to my room then.”

“Um... Why don’t you sleep here with me?” Discord suggested sheepishly.

“Well I can, but it's going to get cold outside. You can come in my room if you like.” Luna said, blushing a bit.

Discord blushed as well “A-alright.”

Luna teleported them to her room . To Luna’s pleasure, Celestia left her room. Then Luna lied on her bed slowly and with her hoof tapped the bed to tell Discord to lie next to her. He nodded and lied next to her, and in an instant, Luna snuggled up to Discord.

After a few minutes, Luna fell asleep on Discords chest. As he noticed that Luna fell asleep, he snuggled up further and fell asleep as well, but a little after he fell asleep Luna drew a little smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna slowly opened her eyes and yawned. ‘what time is it’ She thought, and looked at the clock. The clock said nine am. She quickly looked up at the sky. Celestia lowered the moon for her. She felt bad for oversleeping, but to be honest, this was the best sleep she had in awhile. She would usually have a hard time sleeping or not sleep at all.

Suddenly, Discord started to open his eyes slowly and stretched his arms out, giving a big yawn, then one of them fell on Luna. Once he finally could open his eyes, he blushed to see that he was completely snuggling up to Luna.

“G-good morning, Luna” he said sheepishly.

Luna smiled “Good morning, Discord.”

“How’d you sleep?” he asked quietly.

“I slept well, if anything I overslept. How about you?” Luna asked.

“I slept very well, to be honest” he smiled softly, and a little blush appeared on his cheeks.

Luna smiled and nuzzled him lovingly. “Well, I better get up. Tia is probably wondering why I'm late to breakfast.”

“Alright. I better get up too” he smiled and they both got up.

Luna got ready and hesitantly walked out of her room to meet her sister for breakfast. She was reasonably uncomfortable considering what happened last night.

Once she reached to the dining room, Celestia was sitting in there having breakfast. It was a jasmine tea with a slice of chocolate and strawberry cake.

“Oh, Good morning Luna.” Celestia said as she noticed Luna walked in.

“Good morning Celestia.” Luna said and sat down at her seat.

Then Celestia giggled a bit “Apparently somepony overslept.”

“It seems I did.” Luna chuckled a bit.

“So. You slept well, didn’t you?” Celestia asked.

“To be honest, that was the best sleep I've had in a long time.” Luna said.

“Well. That’s really good to hear, little sister” Celestia smiled.

Luna fell silent. She was still uncomfortable around her sister.

“So. Will you have breakfast with me, sister?” Celestia asked.

“I don't really eat breakfast but I'll sit with you.” Luna said, glancing at a knife on the table.

“Oh, alright Lulu” she smiled.

“Uh, Tia... can you please move the knife somewhere else?” Luna asked.

Celestia raised an eyebrow at first , but then she noticed and put the knife away. She was a bit suspicious about why she would ask her to move the knife away, but she said nothing.

“T-thanks.” Luna said quietly.

“Um, Luna, is there something wrong about the knife?” Celestia asked confused.

Luna was silent for a moment, then she spoke quiet but clearly “... I have a tendency to cut...”

“W-what?” Celestia said shocked. “T-to cut what?”

“Myself…” Luna said.

Celestia stayed silent. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Usually my arms...” Luna said quietly.

“W-why would you do that?” Celestia asked quietly.

Luna stayed silent. Her sister wouldn't understand her… Would she?

Celestia waited patiently for Luna’s answer, even knowing she surely won’t answer her question.

“I...just felt so worthless, useless and unloved, it got to the point where I started cutting myself to get rid of the pain...” Luna said.

Celestia got up and sat next to her, giving her a loving hug. “Luna, You aren’t any of those things. You are the opposite of that, Luna. I love you so much, you are my sister, and my family. You’re not worthless, you helped me many times when I most needed help and also you gave me many ideas to put on the meetings and courts. You are better than what you say, Lulu.”

Luna cried into Celestia’s chest and whispered four heart breaking words “... I wanted to die…”

“Shh, Let it go Lulu. You need to let it go” Celestia whispered in Luna’s ear.

Luna cried harder into Celestia’s chest. “I’m so sorry” she whispered.

“Shhh, Just let it go, Lulu” Celestia cooed.

After a moment, Luna stopped crying and just shivered in her sister’s embrace.

Celestia hugged her a bit tighter and started to stroke her mane slowly.

“Thanks.. Tia.” Luna sniffled.

“You’re welcome, my little sister” she smiled a bit.

Luna nuzzled her sister and broke the hug.”I feel better now.”

“I’m glad you feel better” she smiled.

“Hey, Tia, off topic but… have you ever fallen in love before?” Luna asked shyly.

Celestia blushed a bit “Uh… Yes, I have fallen in love before.”

“Oh… alright.” Luna said, starting to blush.

Then she noticed why she asked that question and smirked “Oh. So, apparently my little sister is in love, huh?”

Luna blushed harder and nodded “Y-yeah.”

“Hmhmhm. Tell me, who is your special somepony?” she smirked.

“I-it’s not a p-pony.” Luna stammered, her blush turning a deeper shade of red.

“Not a pony? Then who is it?” she asked.

“Discord…” Luna said quietly, now fully blushing .

Celestia couldn’t believe it, but then she drew a big smile and hugged her sister “Oh, my little sister is in love!”

“Tia!” Luna said in embarrassment.

“Hmhmhm. I can’t believe you are in love!! This is so amazing!!” Celestia said happily.

Luna stayed silent and drowning in her own blush.

“Tell me, why do you like him?” Celestia looked at her, smirking.

“He… he’s the one who is almost always with me. He always makes me smile, laugh and makes me really happy, even just for a moment...” Luna said sheepishly.

“Awww. This is so cute!” Celestia smiled

“And… H-he kissed me last night.” Luna said shyly.

Celestia looked at her and smiled even more “OH MY GOSH!! REALLY?”

“Y-yes.” Luna blushed again of embarrassment.

Celestia squealed a bit of happiness and started to jump happily “OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!! THIS IS SO AMAZING!!”

“Sis, this is embarrassing.” Luna said shyly.

“Oh, Hehehe, sorry little sis” Celestia stopped and blushed a bit.

“It's fine” Luna said.

“So, Did you like the kiss?” she smirked.

Luna blushed again “S-sis!”

“What? Hmhmhm. I’m just asking if you liked the kiss” she smirked again.

Luna’s blush became cherry red “Y-yes…”

Celestia giggled at her and joked “Awww, Did he get your tongue?”

“W-what? N-no!” Luna stuttered in embarrassment.

“Are you sure?” she joked again.

“Celestia!” Luna died of embarrassment.

Celestia laughed “Alright, alright. I’m just kidding, little sis” and stuck her tongue out.

Luna face desked the table three times. Celestia just laughed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Later that evening~

Luna was in her room along with Discord, they were snuggling up on the bed reading a book together. Then Luna put the book away and kissed Discord on his lips. He kissed back passionately.

Luna nuzzled him lovingly “What would I do without you by my side?”

Discord looked at her and smiled softly “I don’t know, You tell me”

Luna chuckled and gave him another kiss "I love you, Dissy.”

Discord kissed her back and then he smiled “I love you too, Lulu.”

Author's Note:

Even though there were " technical " difficulties along the way, Gianfar and I got it done. We hope you guys like it and if you guys want there can be a sequel.

Comments ( 12 )

hm this is a really nice little story
but you REALLY need to get a proof-reader to look over it
at some points its very hard to read cause the grammatic is that bad
so yeah it would be an awesome story if you correct everything to correct english
even though the wording could use some work to
maybe a pre-reader wouldnt be bad as well

7334895 can you give me a few examples cuz I read it over and didn't find anything else

I want a sequel.

7450501 I was thinking about doing one.

7450577 Please do! I'll be the first to read it!!!!!

I may not be that big of a fan of Lucord but I still like it and OMD this is soooooo good!

7859492 I might use that as the cover. Oml

7450577
PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL!!! (Take your time, I got ten years)

Login or register to comment