• Published 23rd Jun 2016
  • 1,832 Views, 18 Comments

The Grand Championship - Shadow Kick



Camp Everfree is in danger of Shutting down. But thanks to an idea from Rainbow dash, it just might be saved. It all depends on who wins in this new tournament.

  • ...
10
 18
 1,832

Vladimir vs Rainbow

Everyone gathered at the Kaiba Dome.

“Ladies and gentlemen!” said Roland. “The KC Grand Championship is proud to present two duelists who have paved the way to victory, all the way to the finals!! First, the ridiculously rich, Vladimir! He’ll face off against our very own boy wonder, Leon! The winner of this bout, will face Sunset Shimmer for the championship crown! That’s right folks, history is about to be made here in the Kaiba Dome! Now let the finals begin!! For those about to duel, we salute you!”

The Kaiba Dome opened letting sunlight spread across the arena. Just then, a helicopter is seen flying above the stadium, with a man suspended from it on a ladder. The helicopter lowered the man to the dueling arena, and he jumped down.

“Ladies and gentlemen!” said Roland in a shocked voice. “Please give it up for our master of ceremonies and president of Kaiba Corp, the one, the only, Mr. Seto Kaiba!!”

“Stop the duel!” said Kaiba. “As president of Kaiba Corp, I declare this match invalid!” The crowd groaned and booed.

“Why would he do that?” asked Twilight.

“No clue,” AJ.

“Invalid?” asked Leon. “But why?”

“As a result of a disqualification,” continued Kaiba. “The winner of this duel, is Leon!”

“I win?!” asked Leon. “Wow, I didn’t even have play.”

“Any particular reason for all this?” asked Vladimir.

“Because you broke the rules of your tournament contract,” said Kaiba in angry tone. “By entering the event under a false name, Vladimir. Or should I call you Blueblood?”

The whole crowd gasped.

“Wait! Prince, Blueblood?” asked Sunset. “The son of that bank owner?”

“Apparently,” said Fluttershy.

“I still can’t believe his first name is Prince,” said Flash. “He’s just trying to be like the singer.”

“By why would he enter the tournament under false identify?” asked Rarity.

“Maybe cause of what happened in the past,” said Granny.

“What happened?!” asked all the girls.

“A few years ago,” began Granny. “The Blueblood bank tried to convince Kaiba Corp into selling its company. But Kaiba kicked em to the curb. About a year later, the bank secretly made a deal with five employees of Kaiba Corp and they tried to help the bank buy out Kaiba Corp one piece at a time. But before they could buy it out completely, the five were all caught and fired. And that bank still wants Kaiba Corp.”

“So, the Blueblood bank is just mad at Kaiba for forting it’s sneaky operation to buy out his company,” said Twilight.

“Yep,” confirmed Granny.

“I don’t blame you for throwing me out,” said Blueblood. “You’re afraid I might try to buy your company again, and you know I could.”

“If you could,” said Kaiba. “Then why haven’t you done it already?!”

Blueblood scowled.

“I’m kicking you out because you broke the rules,” said Kaiba. “Not because I’m scared of you.”

“Then prove it” said Blueblood. “Face me in a duel and prove to the world that you’re not the sniveling coward I know you are!”

“Why should I waste any amount of my time on you?” asked Kaiba. “I have a tournament to run!”

“Excuses, excuses,” said Blueblood.

“I’ll duel him!” said a voice.

Everyone looked over to see Rainbow jumping up on stage.

“Rainbow?!!” cried the gang.

“And who are you?” asked Blueblood.

“She’s the daughter of one of my employee’s friends,” said Kaiba. “Rainbow Dash, right?”

“Yes sir,” said Rainbow. “It is a great honor to meet you in person, Mr. Kaiba.”

“You know,” said Kaiba. “I’ve heard a few things about you from my employees. Like how you excel at dueling.”

“Yes sir,” confirmed Rainbow. “And I would be honored to duel on your company’s behalf.”

“You think you can beat a guy like him?” asked Kaiba.

“I’ve seen him duel,” said Rainbow. “I could beat him blindfolded.”

“Very well,” said Kaiba.

“I see,” said Blueblood. “You don’t have the guts to face me, so you’re going to hide behind a school girl.”

“No,” said Kaiba. “I’m doing this because a child could defeat you, and I’m going to prove it.”

Blueblood’s face burned red with anger. “Very well. But if I win, I get to say in the tournament.”

“Fine, you won’t win anyway,” said Kaiba.

“Alright!” said Roland. “There’s been a slight chance of plans! Now, Miss Rainbow Dash will face off against Prince Blueblood!”

The gang and crowd cheered.

“Only Rainbow would get an opportunity this,” said Scootaloo.

“I knew she would get it all along,” said Pinkie.

Everyone looked at her.

“How in the world did you know that something like this would happen,” asked Rarity.

“I saw it in my mystical orb of fate’s destiny,” answered Pinkie. Everyone raised an eyebrow. “What? They don’t call me Madame Pinkie for nothing.”

Leon then walked toward the girls. “Hi, mind if I sit with you girls?”

“Nope, the more, the merrier,” said Fluttershy.

“So what’s next?” asked Leon. “Will I get to duel you or Prince Blueblood?”

“It all depends on how Rainbow does,” said Sunset.

“I hope she wins,” said Leon.

“Don’t worry,” said Twilight. “You’ll get your shot.”

“Unless you want me to take your place in the finals,” said Sweetie.

“I’ll… pass,” said Leon.

Rainbow and Blueblood shuffled each other’s decks and activated their duel disks. “Let’s duel!” said the two.

Rainbow: 4000
Blueblood: 4000

Turn 1: Rainbow
“Ladies first,” said Rainbow. “I summon Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus in attack mode! Now for his effect, it allows me to take Ruby Carbuncle from my deck and place her in my spell card zone. I place two cards face down and end my turn.”

Turn 2: Blueblood
“Time for a real move,” said Blueblood. “I activate Lightning Vortex, now by discarding a card, I destroy your monster.”

“When my Pegasus is destroyed,” said Rainbow. “I can place him in spell zone as well.”

“Big deal,” said Blueblood. “I activate Monster Reborn to bring back the card I discarded, Kaiser Seahorse. Then I’ll tribute him to bring out Photon Caesar in attack mode, plus his effect allows me to special summon another one from my deck. Now, attack her directly!”

“I activate Waboku!” alerted Rainbow.

“In that case,” said Blueblood. “I’ll activate this quick-play spell, Trap Disposal! This lets me negate your trap and-”

“I activate Magic Deflector!” interrupted Rainbow. “Now until the end of this turn, I can negate all equip, field, continuous and quick-play spell cards!”

“Blast you,” said Blueblood. “I end my turn.”

Turn 3: Rainbow
“Check this out,” said Rainbow. “I summon Cobalt Eagle in defense mode. Then I’ll activate Crystal Beacon which lets me special summon another Crystal Beast from my deck, as long as I already two or more in my spell card zone, which I do. So I’ll also bring out my Emerald Tortoise in defense mode. That’s all for now.”

Turn 4: Blueblood
“You can’t win by stalling,” said Blueblood. “I activate Shield Crush which lets me destroy one of your defense mode monsters, I choose your tortoise.”

“I’ll put him in my spell zone,” said Rainbow.

“Whatever,” said Blueblood. “Now my first Photon Caesar will attack your eagle, charge!”

“I choose, not to put my eagle in my spell card zone,” said Rainbow.

“Doesn’t matter to me,” said Blueblood. “Now my second Caesar will attack you directly!”

Rainbow: 2000
Blueblood: 4000

“I end my turn.”

Turn 5: Rainbow
“That’s all?” asked Rainbow. “Please, I summon Amber Mammoth in defense mode, then I’ll place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 6: Blueblood
“Very well,” said Blueblood. “I summon Queen’s Bodyguard in attack mode. Now they will attack your mammoth.”

“I choose not to place my mammoth in my spell zone,” said Rainbow. “But I will activate this trap, Crystal Pair! This card places a Crystal Beast from deck into my spell card zone and blocks all battle damage this turn. I choose Amethyst Cat.”

“Fine, I end my turn,” said Blueblood.

Turn 7: Rainbow
“My turn,” said Rainbow. “Yes! I summon my Topaz Tiger in attack mode. Now, since I have all my Crystal Beasts on the field/graveyard, I can special summon my Rainbow Dragon!!”

“Oh my,” said Blueblood. “That’s quite the dragon.”

“Thanks,” said Rainbow. “Topaz Tiger, attack the Caesar of the left! By the way, whenever my tiger attacks, his effect increases his ATK power by 400.” (Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger: 1600 – 2000)

“So they’re both destroyed,” said Blueblood.

“I won’t put my tiger in my spell zone,” said Rainbow. “Now Rainbow Dragon, attack his other Caesar!”

Rainbow: 2000
Blueblood: 2000

“Damn you!” said Blueblood.

“I end my turn,” said Rainbow.

“Yeah!” cried Twilight.

“Go, Rainbow Dash!” cheered Pinkie.

“Woo-hoo,” said Fluttershy softly.

“You go girl!” added AJ.

“She’s always a step ahead,” said Scootaloo.

Turn 8: Blueblood
“Not for much longer,” said Blueblood. “Let’s see, How to destroy you? I know, I’ll equip my Bodyguard with Shooting Star Bow – Ceal, this card decreases their ATK points by 1000. (Queen’s Bodyguard: 1700 – 700) But it also allows them to attack directly, so attack!”

Rainbow: 1300
Blueblood: 2000

“I place this and end my turn,” said Blueblood.

Turn 9: Rainbow
“I draw,” began Rainbow.

“And I activate my trap, Fiendish Chain!” said Blueblood. “This card negates every one of your dragon’s effects and stops it from attacking.”

“And you think that scares me?” asked Rainbow. “Think again. I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 10: Blueblood
“You know what happens next, right?” asked Blueblood. “Queen’s Bodyguard, attack her again!”

“I activate my trap, Rainbow Path!” interrupted Rainbow. “By sending one of the Crystal Beasts in my spell zone to the graveyard, I can negate your attack. I’ll send my cat. Plus, I get to add a Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon to my hand.”

“Not bad,” said Blueblood. “I place one card face down end my turn.”

Turn 11: Rainbow
“My turn,” said Rainbow. “I activate Rare Value. If I have two or more Crystal Beasts in my spell zone, you select one of them, that card goes to the graveyard, and I draw two cards.”

“I choose your carbuncle,” said Blueblood.

“Fine, I draw!” said Rainbow. “I activate Advanced Dark. This field treats every Crystal Beast on my field and in my graveyard as a Dark monster. Plus, if Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon attacks, I can negate the effects of the attack target. Also if you try to destroy one of my Crystal Beasts in battle, I can send another beast from my deck to the grave and block the battle damage. Now that I have a field spell out, I’ll remove another Rainbow Dragon from my deck to special summon Malefic Rainbow Dragon in attack mode!”

“Not another one,” said Blueblood.

“That’s right,” said Rainbow. “Malefic Rainbow Dragon, attack his bodyguard!”

“I activate Shrink to cut your dragon’s ATK power in half,” alerted Blueblood. (Malefic Rainbow Dragon: 4000 – 2000)

Rainbow: 1300
Blueblood: 700

“I end my turn,” said Rainbow. (Malefic Rainbow Dragon: 2000 – 4000)

Turn 12: Blueblood
“My turn,” said Blueblood. “I play the Card of Demise, this lets me draw until I’m holding three cards, as long as I discard my entire hand at the end of the turn. If I have any left. Now I activate Supremacy Berry. If my life points are lower than yours when I activate this card, I gain 2000 life points.”

Rainbow: 1300
Blueblood: 2700

“Now I activate Fiend’s Sanctuary to special summon a Metal Fiend Token. Then I’ll tribute it to summon Kaiser Glider in defense mode. Be mindful of its effect, if you destroy it, I can return one of your dragons back to your hand. I end my turn.”

Turn 13: Rainbow
“Darn,” said Rainbow. “In that case, I’ll just place a card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 14: Blueblood
“Another turn wasted,” said Blueblood. “I’ll switch my Kaiser Dragon to attack mode and activate Riryoku to cut your Malefic Dragon’s ATK in half and add that amount to my dragon. (Malefic Rainbow Dragon: 4000 – 2000, Kaiser Glider: 2400 – 4400) Now my Kaiser, attack that malefic dragon!”

“I activate my trap, Mirror Wall!” said Rainbow. “This card cuts the ATK points of all your monsters in half.” (Kaiser Glider: 4400 – 2200)

“So what?” asked Blueblood. “Your dragon is still destroyed.”

Rainbow: 1100
Blueblood: 2700

“I end my turn,” said Blueblood. “Ready to admit you’re in over your head?” (Kaiser Glider: 2200 – 2400)

Turn 15: Rainbow
“Not a chance,” said Rainbow. “I’ll let my Mirror Wall go. Then I’ll activate Misfortune. This card lets me select a monster on your side and inflicts damage to your life points equal to half the monster’s ATK power. Kaiser Glider’s ATK is 2400, so you lose 1200.”

Rainbow: 1100
Blueblood: 1500

Blueblood growled angrily.

“I end my turn,” said Rainbow.

Turn 16: Blueblood
“My move,” said Blueblood. “I activate Pot of Greed, so I draw two cards. Now I’ll activate Premature Burial, by giving up 800 life points, I can bring back one of my Photon Caesars.”

Rainbow: 1100
Blueblood: 700

“Next I’ll activate Gift of the Martyr, this lets me tribute my Caesar and add his ATK points to my Kaiser Glider. (Kaiser Glider: 2400 – 4400) Now, Kaiser Glider, attack that chained up dragon of hers.”

Rainbow: 700
Blueblood: 700

“Crap,” said Rainbow.

“That’s all for me,” said Blueblood. (Kaiser Glider: 4400 – 2400)

Turn 17: Rainbow
“Good, I draw,” said Rainbow. “I activate Emergency Provisions to send my two remaining Crystal Beasts in my spell zone to the graveyard, then I gain 2000 life points.”

Rainbow: 2700
Blueblood: 700

“Now, thanks to my field spell, all seven Crystal Beasts in my graveyard are treated as Dark monsters, so I’ll remove all seven of them from play, and special summon Rainbow Dark Dragon!”

Blueblood gasped. “How many of those things do you have?!”

Rainbow just smiled. “Rainbow Dark Dragon, finish him!!”

Rainbow: 2700
Blueblood: 0

“Noooooooooo!!!!!!” cried Blueblood as his points reached zero. “THIS…ISN’T…OVER!”

“Just accept it, Blueblood!” said Kaiba. “You never had a chance and you never will. So take what little dignity you have left, and get lost!!!”

“There you have it!” said Roland. “The winner is, Miss Rainbow Dash!”

“Yeah!!!” cried Pinkie.

“Woo!!” screamed Fluttershy.

“Way to go, Rainbow!!” cheered Scootaloo.

The rest of the gang cheered just as loud as the crowd.