• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 978 Views, 10 Comments

The CHS Poltergeist - Will-o-Wisp



I'm not actually a ghost It's just the title I've been given and believe me when I say I've earned it but I wonder what old friends think of me now.

  • ...
1
 10
 978

The Conjuring

"I love how this one movie made people afraid of the water for years, hell there is probably people still scared to this day because of this movie. A shark can't really get that big right?" Striker asked no one in particular as he was browsing my families horror movie collection for the next film to watch. "Oh I haven't seen this one in a long time!" he said happily removing it's case from the shelf and showing me the cover.

Snakes on a Plane

"Me either but that gives me an Idea for Monday." I say taking the case, "Do you remember how the guy got the snakes on the plane in the first place? I would imagine that would be very hard to do."

"I don't remember either but what is happening Monday and should I bring anti-venom?" Striker said with a smirk.

"The principals and my mother wanted me to be a one man anti bullying program and I agreed to do it. I made the first target Berg and this movie reminded me that he is afraid of snakes. Don't know if they will allow me to continue though and I haven't decided how I'm gonna go about doing this anyway. Like Berg do I scare or humiliate him? Both?"

Striker stared at me for a moment stroking his chin, taking in all that I said and then slapped me across the face.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I yell holding a hand to the right side of my face.

"You never questioned pranking opportunities in the past and that was to help clear your head. In my opinion you should scare and humiliate him. Make an example that the poltergeist can know your worst fear also please don't hit me I bruise easily." he said getting ready to guard from an attack he expects is coming.

"I'm not going to hit you, I've got a better hold on my anger then I did years ago. Not gonna lie I probably deserved that anyway as I was quite the little shit back then. Good start to a plan, I just need to figure out what exactly I'm doing." I say still holding my face. Damn he hits hard and he was saying I'd bruise him.

"You can borrow my snake." Oh right I forgot she was trying to sleep now. Turning to face my twin sister Eclipse I notice that she isn't in her Crystal Prep uniform and that it's also 12:42 AM. I don't look at the massive burn mark taking up a lot of her left arm. Eclipse would hit me if I stared and started felling guilty again. Her amber hair is quite messy and her emerald eyes only look slightly angry. If it wasn't for her hair and eyes she could pass as being a shadow since her skin is grey and pajamas are black.

"We woke you up didn't we? Sorry." I say scratching the back of my head.

"Didn't mean it." Striker added quickly.

There were a few things that Striker, Myself and the other three guys had in common that scared us. One of them was my sister if she was suddenly woken up as she had a tendency to give black eyes. Thankfully our response was a friendly smile and laugh.

"After all this time you're still scared of me Striker, was out first encounter after five years that bad?" She said stretching her arms.

When Striker announced himself in the house it was quite something...


ALMOST 9 HOURS EARLIER

"Still looks the same. As when I was last here." Striker said looking at the house.

"What were you expecting?" I say walking to the door of the 2 story green house.

"Honestly? I thought it'd be a different color, not sure why." Striker said walking up to me. "You still the gremlin in the basement?"

"It's not the basement if It's my room." I reply getting out my key, "I think I'm a bit too big to be called a gremlin anymore though."

"Troll then." Striker retorted poking me in the ribs.

"THE DELINQUENT IS HOME!" I say entering my home for the other occupant to hear. At least I think she's here, parents sure aren't as the driveway was empty.

"The delinquent better stop yelling before I shove a firecracker in his mouth." I hear Eclipse from the kitchen.

"You wouldn't do that to your favorite brother now would you?" Striker says taking of his shoes.

I hear something drop in the kitchen as well as a curse.

"Was that another person or did you get good at impressions?" I hear her say getting closer to the doorway separating the kitchen and living room. Finally appearing in the doorway her eyes widen at the sight of Striker, "Is that Striker? Has to be no one has his weird hair color." She said stepping out to greet and hug him.

Striker immediately notices the burn. "Holy shit."

Eclipse suddenly remembers that Striker and the rest of them haven't seen the aftermath of our worst idea ever. "Striker don't feel bad."

"How could I not?! That has to be from that stupid idea! What were we thinking tampering with fireworks?!" he said going over and embracing her, "I'm sorry."

His reply was a grab to his left arm and a throw to the wall. She must have gotten home a few minutes ago because she is still in her uniform.

"Is there a hole in the wall? There better not be a hole in the wall, dad will make me fix it." I say hanging up my hoodie.

"Thanks for the concern Sprout." Striker said standing up, "really appreciate it."

"No problem friend." I say heading downstairs to my room to store my backpack and retrieve video games.

"Striker I've heard sorry too many times from Firesprout and I don't want to start hearing it from you. I'm not angry at any of you, none of you wanted this to happen," she said pointing to the burn, "In the hospital and after Firesprout would hardly look in my direction and if he did, he would look at the bandages and say sorry. I got sick of it and beat the ever living crap out of him until he stopped feeling bad and got it through his thick skull I wasn't mad." She closed her eyes and thought for a moment, "Of course this is also at the same time the five of you stopped being friends." She opened her eyes and stared at Striker, "I don't think my parents enjoyed coming and going from the hospital so often."

"We tried to stop their fight, we really did but they were so furious and emotional that there was no stopping it." Striker sat on the couch and looked to the floor, "A lot of blood lust for 8th graders."

"Both had concussions, black eyes, broken fingers, I think one had a broken shoulder blade and another a few broken ribs. So yeah too much blood lust in most opinions." Eclipse sat to Strikers right and sighed, "Firesprout has had visits to a therapist since you last saw him."

"Not surprised, he went through a lot that summer. Probably when the poltergeist was born, when school started up again he tried making himself as invisible as possible and it eventually worked. Not a student noticed him except myself and the others until high school."

"Ah yes the poltergeist," Eclipse said looking toward the stairwell down and smiling, "That has made things entertaining around here to say the least. Wish someone was like that at Crystal Prep, make things fun around there for once."

"No one says anything to you at the school because of the burn right?" Striker looked at her left arm, "You don't have to answer, just curious."

"Not since the first week of freshman year. Punched a senior in the throat, guy had to wear a neck brace for a while." Eclipse said very proudly.

"Should you be that proud of doing that?" I say coming up the stairs, "Want to watch horror movies with Striker and I? Oh by the way can we just watch horror movies? I'm sure we play video games too often in our spare time."

Both nodded in agreement.


CURRENT TIME

"You'd let me use Ekans?" I asked after sitting on the couch.

"Really? You guys named a snake Ekans?" Striker asked trying not to laugh.

"Don't laugh at her name." Eclipse said and pointed to me, "He wanted to name her noodle."

"I did but then I heard the video game reference." I turn toward my sister, "I doubt Celestia or Luna would let me bring a live snake to school and even if I did you'd let me bring her?"

"I trust you. You wouldn't do something to endanger her. Besides you brought Nox and a bunch of crows to school on the first week."

"That was funny. Vice Principal Luna yelled at him over the intercom, whole school heard it." Striker started chuckling at the memory then paused and looked at me, "Hold on do you have a pet crow?"

"I do. He's outside most of the time, probably resting right now, maybe. Never seen a crow resting actually." I say then stare at the ceiling, "I would need to talk to Celestia and Luna about bringing a live animal to school."

"But you haven't before." My sister gives me a quizzical look.

"I know but I think I'd be nice if I started doing that. If Ekans gets out of my sight then they know who to go to find her, although I doubt I'll let her get too far from me."

"You should get to the school early and put Ekans in Berg's locker. That'll be a good start to the day for everyone." Striker said smiling at the thought.

"I should but I'd have to retrieve her immediately." I say closing my eyes in thought.

"Don't you think it's about time the students of the school see the Poltergeist?" Eclipse said poking me in the forehead.

"You know what? She is right. Imagine the shock on people's faces when you say you're the poltergeist."

"I should but I don't want to show people my face. I like my anonymity thank you."

"Then don't show your face pull up your hood and wear a mask. You'll still have to talk to Celestia and Luna about it though. Might want to think about how to ask this." My sister said before yawning, "Whatever you do it'll be great. Now I'm off to bed and no more screaming or slapping each other, be thankful I woke up and not mother." Striker and I shudder at the thought. "Let me know if you can use Ekans or not Firesprout." She said heading up stairs to her room.

Striker yawned and stood up from the couch, "She has a good idea, sleep. Where am I crashing?"

"Futon in my room." I say turning off the living room Television. "I'm not tired yet so I'll think of what to say to the principals."

"Alright sounds good." Striker said heading toward the stairs down before turning around with a smirk, "You still talk in your sleep?"

"That happened one time." I say slightly annoyed walking toward him.

"It was funny as hell. What was it again? Something about flying eggplants." He said trying to remember.

"I will throw you down those stairs Striker." I say jabbing him in the ribs.

"Alright I'll move. Too tired to continue anyway." He replied descending the stairs.

"Totally drawing on his face when he sleeps." I say to myself following.