• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 1,333 Views, 100 Comments

Pony POV Series Origins: Queen Majesty - Alex Warlorn



Origin story of Queen Majesty, ruler of Ponyland over three thousands of years before Celestia was born.

  • ...
5
 100
 1,333

The Unicorn And the Firefly

Majesty had been running southwest for almost an hour by now, and except for catching a passing bird with her magic for a hungry Spike, there was nothing of importance. The whole terrain seemed arid with the drought, and not much else.

She was sure she was going the right way, however, it was very faint but she could detect the lingering smell of the Weather Witch. She had been traveling this way, but she didn't know how far, and thus wasn't sure how long it would take to find her.

Majesty suddenly stumbled as a headache suddenly hit her, she placed her right hoof on her forehead as the pain intensified and she closed her eyes. She started having a vision again, this time she saw her, the Weather Witch, she was flying on her broom and casting a spell. The target was a pony Majesty had never seen before, a pegasus. The Witch's spell covered the pegasus' wings with ice and the pony fell towards the ground! And just as quickly as it came the headache was gone and the vision was over.


Just then, she heard something in the distance, and galloped towards it. Her horn glowed as she cast a protective magic bubble around Spike, levitating him close behind. It was a defensive mechanism she had been doing every time she sensed there might be danger. This way, she kept Spike close to her but also safe. By now it had become second nature to her.

A second later, she finally found what she had been looking for, but it was not how she expected.

The Weather Witch was flying on her broom so fast that Majesty had to make an effort to keep chasing her. But she wasn't alone. A pink pegasus mare with a blue mane and tail was flying around her.

"Stop! I just want to ask you some questions!" exclaimed the Weather Witch as the pegasus flew around her.

"You'll have to catch me first! If you can!" yelled back the pegasus, confidently.

Frustrated, the Weather Witch waved her wand, and cast a spell towards the pegasus. It hit the pegasus’ wings, instantly freezing them with ice. This surprised the pegasus who started to fall down to the ground.

The Weather Witch cast another spell and a gust of wind caught the pegasus, softening her fall so she wouldn't hurt herself on the ground. The Witch landed her broom and walked calmly towards the mare. "Okay, now, just stay still. I just need to ask you something."

"Get away from her, you fiend!" came Majesty's furious voice from behind them.

"Majesty? Wait, this isn't how it looks like, I was..."

The pegasus mare took the opportunity. She struck the Weather Witch with a hoof while she had her head turned. She collapsed on the ground, unconscious.

Majesty walked over to the pink pegasus, "Are you okay?"

The pegasus looked at the approaching unicorn, "I'm okay, just stunned."

"Let me help you get free," said Majesty looking at the pegasus’ ice covered wings.

"That's okay, I got it," said the pegasus, her face strained as she tried to move her wings. A second later the ice around her wings shattered.

"Wow... impressive," said Majesty, "My name is..."

"Majesty, I know," said the pegasus, walking over to the unconscious Weather Witch. "And that baby dragon floating in that bubble next to you is Spike."

This surprised Majesty. "What? How?"

"Our scouts saw you arrive to Meadowville yesterday, with that human, Indabor, that delivers the water with that wooden cart pulled by an Earth Pony, Wooden Spoke," explained the pegasus, as she started to rummage the Weather Witch's pockets.

"Did she steal something from you?" asked Majesty as she saw the pegasus mare rummaging through the Weather Witch's pockets.

"No. Thanks for the distraction, by the way. I was told to capture her alive," replied the pegasus then she pulled a small rune stone from the Weather Witch's pocket. "Aha!"

She placed the rune stone on the ground, the rune stone was glowing. The pegasus stomped hard on the stone, shattering it into pieces, which stopped glowing as soon as it broke.

"What was that?" she said, gesturing at the pieces of the rune stone.

"A magic rune. The Weather Witch finished making it yesterday, it was tuned to detect a very specific type of weather magic. Pegasus weather magic. A feather here, a hoofprint there, she didn't take long to put two plus two together to try and find us."

"Find who?" asked Majesty.

"The rest of my herd," said the pegasus. She hoisted  the unconscious Weather Witch on her back, then grabbed her wand and broom as well.

"You know who I am, but who are you?" asked Majesty

"My name is Firefly," replied the pink pegasus.

"Well, Firefly, I need some answers," said Majesty in a serious tone.

"Sorry, got to go."

"Hey! Wait!" yelled Majesty.

Firefly took to the air and flew away with the unconscious Weather Witch, so fast that soon she was just a speck in the air. Then she looked at the pieces of the broken rune on the ground. Majesty closed her eyes and concentrated, her horn began to glow and an energy surge came from her left back hoof.

+++

Moments later, Firefly arrived at an oasis out in the dried up land. The oasis seemed alien considering the drought had reduced almost everything else into a desert. There were clouds over the small patch of green grass that made up the oasis, and the trees looked green and healthy. There was even a pond of water in the middle. All around the oasis was was a herd of pegasi of all ages.

The pegasi quickly saw Firefly arrive and happily greeted her, "Firefly! You're back. And you got her!”

"Run into any trouble?" asked a mare.

"Nothing to worry about," replied Firefly.

"That is good to know. Good job, Firefly, I knew I could count on you," said an approaching pegasus stallion, he looked older and more regal than the rest.

All the other pegasi there stood aside in respect to let him approach Firefly. He stood tall and looked quite strong. A scar crossed one of his eyes and a small piece of one of his ears was missing, as if it was cut or bitten off.

"Thank you, my Alpha," replied Firefly, bowing her head a little at the stallion.

"The magical artifact she built to detect pegasus weather magic was destroyed?" asked the stallion.

"Of course, my Apha, just as you ordered it," replied Firefly.

"Well done." The stallion turned to look at two other pegasi, "You, take some vines and tie up this witch. Post a guard, we need to find out how much she knows once she wakes up. You, take the broom and the wand and hide them."

The two pegasi nodded, one took the Weather Witch's unconscious body from Firefly's back, and carried her away, the other picked up the broom and wand and walked away to hide them.

"So, what now?" asked another pegasus.

"Now we continue with the plan," replied the stallion with the scar, "We wait until the humans leave their little farming village because of the drought."

"But if the drought goes on any longer, all crops will die and be useless to us," said another pegasus.

"The humans will leave their village before that happens," replied the stallion.

"I don’t know, they seem determined to stay," added the pegasus.

"They will leave, one way or another, I'll make sure of it," said the stallion sternly but reassuringly, "We'll continue the drought until then."

"So you are the ones responsible for the drought in Meadowville?"

Everyone turned in surprise at the unfamiliar voice. Majesty stood a few feet away from them, Spike floating next to her in the protective bubble.

"You allowed yourself to be followed!?" asked the stallion angrily at Firefly.

Firefly looked stunned, and also a little scared, "I... I was unaware, I..."

"Silence!" yelled the stallion, Firefly didn't dare speak another word, "In punishment for your ineptitude, you will eat and drink half rations for the next two weeks."

"But, I... I didn't..."

"Are you questioning my judgement, Firefly?" said the stallion in a commanding voice.

"No, my Alpha." Firefly again looked down.

“In her defense, I have spells that grant invisibility and let me fly like the wind. She never could have known I followed her.” Majesty stepped closer. "Now, if Firefly knows, I’m sure you know my name is Majesty, and I want answers, NOW!"

The stallion walked over to Majesty, his stern face turned to a more calm and welcoming expression. "My name is Thunderstorm, I am the Alpha of this herd and..."

"I know, I heard you. Did your herd cause the drought in Meadowville?" asked Majesty, in a straightforward manner.

Thunderstorm blinked, but regained his stance towards Majesty, "Yes, we have good reason for it."

"Well, let's hear it. And it better be a very good one.” The shield bubble holding Spike popped, settling the baby dragon safely on Majesty's back.

The other pegasi took several steps back. Baby or not, Spike was a dragon, and every pony knew to be on guard around a dragon.

"Of course. Please, Majesty, walk with me," said Thunderstorm.

The unicorn followed the pegasus alpha across the oasis, She looked around, seeing colts and fillies frolicking, playing, and some of them even learning how to fly. She saw stallions and mares talking, others grazing, others flying around or just fluttering. It was a rather large herd, one hundred pegasi, at least. The mares and stallions were rather young looking, in fact Thunderstorm looked like he was the oldest in the herd by far.

"Me, Firefly, all of us," started Thunderstorm, "we all came from a place called Redwall. Ever heard of it?"

"No," replied Majesty, "I’ve been on my own for a very long time."

"Redwall was a city state, in a small island several miles off the coast east of here," Thunderstorm continued, "Only humans lived there and it was completely self sufficient. They barely had any contact with the outside world, and almost no trade to speak of."

"You said it was a city state. What happened to it?" asked Majesty, as they continued to walk.

"The citizens and government of Redwall used us, pegasi, for any heavy duty work. To them we were nothing but animals, and they treated us as such. They kept us in chains or locked in stables when not working. We were whipped if we didn't work hard or fast enough. We couldn't even choose our mates. The humans would breed us according to desired traits, like strength or speed, to breed superior pegasi to work for them. We were less than slaves. We were just property."

"That's... horrible!" said Majesty, taken aghast by Thunderstorm's tale.

"It was. That's why I began the revolt. I escaped my chains, and freed other pegasi who joined me. Soon, every pegasi in the city was free. The humans of Redwall fought against us, trying to subdue us, to make us their slaves again. So we destroyed the entire city, burning it to the ground, killing every single human living in it," said Thunderstorm, with pride.

"I... I see. A coven of witches killed my herd... I killed them in retaliation."

"So you understand, it's good to see that," replied Thunderstorm.

"Wait, you said Redwall was isolated, and barely traded with other settlements." commented Majesty.

"Yes, so?" replied Thunderstorm.

"So that means that Meadowville couldn't have any connection to them," said Majesty.

"I never said Meadowville has any connection with Redwall," shrugged Thunderstorm.

"Then why are you sending this drought on them?" asked Majesty.

"I don't want us to live as a wild herd, at the mercy of the elements like the animals the humans thought we were. After we razed Redwall to the ground, I ordered for the herd to seek a new place to live. We finally found Meadowville several weeks ago. It was perfect for what I wanted for this herd. None of us have knowledge of building houses and planting crops, but the humans here had enough homes and crops to support all of us," explained Thunderstorm, "We only need to expel the humans in a way that would leave everything they built intact. So, I hatched the plan of using our weather manipulation to create a drought to drive the humans away. Once they leave, we can move into the empty town and start our new life."

Majesty stopped walking. Thunderstorm noticed and stopped shortly after.

"So you... you just want to TAKE their town?" asked Majesty. "And if the people of Meadowville don't leave?"

"I'll make them leave or they'll all perish.  said Thunderstorm.

"You... you... I won't let you do it!" exclaimed Majesty, her horn glowing.

“What do you care what happens to those humans?"

“I hardly know them, but I know that what you’re planning is wrong. I’ve had to shed blood to defend my herd, but not like this!”

Thunderstorm sighed, "And here I thought you might be reasonable. I'm sorry it had to come to this, Majesty."

The Alpha pegasus looked up and made a signal with his wings. Majesty looked up, but it was too late. A pegasus had been following above them the whole time without Majesty noticing. The pony hit Majesty in the head with a big boulder he had been carrying.

Majesty's eyes rolled back as she fell down on the ground, unconscious. Little Spike rolled on the ground as Majesty fell, and the little dragon started crying.

"Good work, Clear Skies," Thunderstorm congratulated the pegasus, "Take her away and have her restrained with the other prisoner."

"Yes, my Alpha," replied Clear Skies, "But, she's a unicorn, tying her up might not be enough if she uses her magic."

"I'm sure that we can make sure she stays in her best behavior while she's here." Thunderstorm walked over to little Spike, smiling confidently as he looked down at the crying baby dragon.

+++

Thunderstorm circled around the tree they had tied the Weather Witch to. She looked a lot worse for wear from the pegasi beating her. She was flanked by two pegasi besides Thunderstorm, who had been interrogating her for a while now. One was a young but strong looking stallion, and the other was the mare that the Weather Witch knew as Firefly.

"I don't think you understood, so I'll ask again," said Thunderstorm, "How many more know about us?"

"I already told you," replied the Weather Witch, breathing heavily, "I didn't tell anyone. I came looking for you all by myself."

"You expect me to believe you discovered the true nature of the drought, but you didn't tell anyone at Meadowville about it?" said Thunderstorm.

"They’re all just innocent farmers! I didn't want them to panic!" replied the Weather Witch, "I had to make sure. I wanted to resolve it myself first."

"If you didn't tell anyone what you were doing, then how did that unicorn find you?" Thunderstorm demanded.

"I don't know! I guess she followed me, or tracked me, or something! I don't know!" screamed the Weather Witch.

Thunderstorm looked at the stallion. "Windrush, hit her again."

"My Alpha, perhaps she really doesn't know." Firefly interceded, before the stallion, Windrush, could obey Thunderstorm's order. "I remember that she looked surprised to see the unicorn when she arrived."

Thunderstorm didn't even turn to look at Firefly, "Noted. Windrush, hit her again."

Windrush maintained a neutral face as he nodded. He kicked the Weather Witch in the gut, causing her to scream and gasp out for air.

"HOW DID THE UNICORN FIND YOU!?" shouted Thunderstorm, impatience and fury clear in his voice.

"I DON'T KNOW!" repeated the Weather Witch, desperately. "... ask her yourself... I... I don't know..."

The witch’s head bowed as her whole body sagged from exhaustion. The vines that tied her to the tree were all that kept her standing.

Thunderstorm raised the Weather Witch's face gently with one wing, then slapped her, "Perhaps I will ask her myself."

Thunderstorm then turned to look at Firefly, "Firefly, we'll talk in private. Windrush, dismissed."

"Yes, my Alpha." Windrush nodded and left, his neutral expression never leaving his face.

Thunderstorm signaled for Firefly to follow him. She quickly obeyed and they walked out of earshot from the Weather Witch.

"Firefly, you are one of the most talented flyers in the herd, and unquestionably the fastest." commented Thunderstorm.

"Thank you, my Alpha," replied Firefly.

"There is only one problem. You're too soft!"

Firefly was surprised, "I... I just..."

"I don't want to hear your excuses. Humans are our enemies. If left unchecked, they will enslave us all once more. Do you understand that?"

Firefly remained silent.

"I asked, do you understand that!?" Thunderstorm asked again, more forcefully.

"Yes, my Alpha!" replied Firefly.

"Good. I'm going to pay a little visit to our other guest. Meanwhile, you'll get that witch untied from the tree, but keeping her arms and legs secured, and bring her over," said Thunderstorm.

"Yes, my Alpha," replied Firefly, her head low as Thunderstorm started to leave. She looked up before he left. "My Alpha?"

"Yes?" acknowledged Thunderstorm, without turning his head.

"What will happen to the human witch if we can't learn anything else of value from her?" asked Firefly.

"We'll kill her, of course," replied Thunderstorm, then turned his head to look at Firefly, "Is there a problem?"

Firefly lowered her head again, "No... my Alpha."

"Good to hear," replied Thunderstorm, and started to leave again.

Firefly walked over to the witch, she began untying her from the tree but kept the vines binding her wrists and ankles.

"You... you don't want to do this, I can... I can see it in your eyes. You know this is wrong," said the Weather Witch, still in pain.

Firefly stopped for a second, then continued her task, "I'm not supposed to talk to you,"

Once she was untied, the red headed witch collapsed on the ground, groaning in pain. Firefly helped her up onto her back, and started to walk to where Thunderstorm had ordered.

"Do with me what you must... but please... just... just tell me that nothing will happen to the people of Meadowville. They haven't done anyone any harm," begged the Weather Witch.

Firefly stopped dead in her tracks. She closed her eyes and clenched her teeth, as if in pain, then resumed walking.

"I'm... not supposed to talk to you."

+++

Thunderstorm flew down with a small raincloud in tow. a pegasus mare was standing guard over a set of uprooted bushes.

"Has the unicorn regained consciousness?" asked Thunderstorm.

"Not yet, my Alpha," replied the guard.

Behind the bushes, Majesty lay unconscious in a hole in the ground, less than half a meter deep but about three meters wide. Her hooves were tied up together with vines in a strong looking knot. The uprooted bushes kept anyone lying in it unable to see their surroundings except the sky.

Thunderstorm landed in front of Majesty, and pushed the little cloud over the unicorn's head. He then hit it with one hoof, making it rain heavily over Majesty's head. Majesty started to stir almost immediately, and Thunderstorm stopped the rain and pushed the cloud away with a puff of wind from his wings.

Majesty’s eyes slowly came into focus. The first thing she was aware of was of how much her head hurt. She tried to move her hooves, struggling in alarm and trying to force her eyes to regain focus when she realized she couldn't. Finally she was able to see the pegasus stallion standing in front of her, looking down at her with a superior smile.

"Sleep well, I hope?" said Thunderstorm.

"You!? Let me go right now... or else..." Majesty struggled against the vines binding her hooves. Her horn began to glow as she prepared to cast a spell.

"You better stay right where you are and don't cause any trouble, unless you want your little dragon to pay the consequences," said Thunderstorm.

Majesty's eyes opened wide as she realized what Thunderstorm had said. She looked around wildly and didn't see anyone with her except for Thunderstorm. She couldn't even smell Spike anywhere close by either!

"Where is he?! Where is Spike?!" she said in alarm.

"He's being taken care of, I assure you. However, should you cause any trouble, my loyal herd has been ordered to kill him on the spot. Do you understand?"

Majesty could barely contain her rage, Thunderstorm could see it in her eyes. He knew exactly what she was thinking, the unicorn wanted to kill him right then and there. But he knew she wouldn't do it, not while her little dragon remained hidden as his hostage.

"I asked you a question, unicorn. Do you understand?"

Tears of rage fell from Majesty's eyes, but she stopped struggling and her horn stopped glowing. "Yes."

"Nice to know we understand each other," said Thunderstorm with a smile, "Now, the witch said she told no one what she was doing. How did you know where to find her?"

"I broke into her house... and found out from her notes that she was going south west to investigate something," replied Majesty.

"What else did you find out from her notes?" asked Thunderstorm.

"That the origin of the drought is magical, not natural," replied Majesty.

"And what else?" asked Thunderstorm.

"Nothing else," replied Majesty.

Thunderstorm stepped on Majesty's head, and started to apply pressure.

Majesty winced in pain but didn't give him the satisfaction of watching her cry out, "You better tell me the truth. Or I'll bring you your little dragon... limb by limb."

"I don't know what else was there... some numbers, some charts... what do you want me to say? I don't know whatever science she uses!" replied Majesty.

Thunderstorm removed his hoof from Majesty's head, and looked down at her. Majesty looked back at him defiantly.

Just then, Firefly arrived carrying the limp body of the Weather Witch, landing near the shallow hole next to Majesty and Thunderstorm.

"Ah, just in time," said Thunderstorm, "Say hello to your roommate, Majesty."

Thunderstorm gave Firefly a signal to drop the Weather Witch on the ground next to Majesty. Firefly obeyed, and the Weather Witch fell limp on the ground, groaning in pain.

Majesty immediately saw the battered state of the Weather Witch. Her face was swelling with cuts and bruises.

"By the gods... what have you done to her?"

"Nothing compared to what we'll do to that baby dragon of yours if you don't cooperate," replied Thunderstorm.

"I already told you everything you wanted to know!" screamed Majesty.

"Everything... for now," replied Thunderstorm, he then turned away.

“What’s wrong with you?! How can you do something like this after being subjected to the same cruelties?”

“Cruelty must be met with cruelty. Anyone who thinks otherwise is always the first to die.” Thunderstorm sneered. "Firefly, let's go."

Firefly looked down at Majesty, "When you encountered me and the Weather Witch... why did you offer to help me?"

"I thought she was attacking you. I wish I had known better," replied Majesty bitterly.

Firefly looked away in shame and self doubt. This reaction surprised Majesty. She had expected for Firefly to react to her words, but looking remorseful wasn't what she expected.

"Firefly, I said let's go!" repeated Thunderstorm, more harshly.

"Yes, my Alpha." replied Firefly. She began to fly as well, leaving Majesty and the Weather Witch alone.

"Are you okay?" asked Majesty.

The Weather Witch groaned, "Y... yes." She opened her eyes slowly and they focused on Majesty, she quickly noticed she was tied up as well.

"I'm so sorry," said Majesty. "This is all my fault. If I hadn't shown up when I did..."

"Why didn't you trust me Majesty? What have I ever done to you?" asked the Weather Witch.

Majesty was silent for a second, then began to talk "I... about one year ago, far from here, I was the Alpha of my herd, a wild herd. We were attacked by a coven of witches, they killed all but me. Later, while I was living among the elves in one of their cities, another witch from that coven killed two friends of mine, and then manipulated everything so elves would fall into a civil war."

"These witches… did they mention anything about someone named Lilith?" asked the Weather Witch.

"Yes! The elves said the witches were ‘of Lilith’s bloodline.’" replied Majesty.

"Lilith's wicked teachings have given all witches a bad reputation," commented the Weather Witch,

“But, if you’re a witch…”

“I am one of the descendants of Lilith’s sister, the first good witch.”

“...Good witch?!”

“Our family’s matrons differed on the use of magic. Those in Lilith’s shadow use it to spread evil, our people try to use our magic to make the world a better place. It is getting harder to gain someone's trust being a human mage, because everyone thinks our brutish ‘cousins’ are what we are all like. The worst part is that their numbers seem to be increasing every day."

"That shouldn't be an excuse... I shouldn't have..." Majesty began.

"You are right, you shouldn't have," said the Weather Witch. "But I understand why you felt they way you did."

Majesty looked away. "I'm sorry."

"So... what happened to them?" asked the Weather Witch.

"What?" asked Majesty.

"The witches that killed your herd, what happened to them?" asked the Weather Witch.

"I tracked them all down… and killed them," replied Majesty.

The Weather Witch didn't answer, nor did she seem to react to this.

The two remained silent for a moment, then the Weather Witch broke the silence. "I'm actually glad you're here."

"What?! But I attacked you, I'm the whole reason you got captured, I'm the reason they beat you."

"Maybe, but besides finding out that the drought was caused by weather magic of pegasi, I didn't really know what I was going to find out here after I carved the tracker rune. Maybe I would have caught that pink pegasus mare, or maybe I would have found this encampment. But there's just one of me and many of them. I'm sure that, eventually, they would have overpowered me. They took my wand and my broom, I really can't cast any spells without them, and I can't draw runes with my hands tied like this. But you are a unicorn, you don't need wands or runes to cast spells, you can use your horn and easily escape. Then we can go back to Meadowville and warn them."

"I... I can't," replied Majesty, surprising the Weather Witch.

"Sure you can. I know that these pegasi lack any magical resources to lock away your magic. Breaking this vines and escaping would be easy with unicorn magic."

"No it's not that. I can't escape. Not while they have Spike," said Majesty.

"Spike?" asked the Weather Witch.

"My baby dragon," replied Majesty. "They'll kill him if I try to escape."

The Weather Witch remembered the little dragon on Majesty's back the first time she saw her, "Majesty, this herd of pegasi aren't fooling around. They will continue this drought, or even worse, kill the people of Meadowville if we don't do something to stop them."

"... I know..," replied Majesty, recalling her conversation with Thunderstorm.

"Then we have to escape, we can't waste any time," said the Weather Witch.

"I... I..." Majesty stammered.

"Majesty, you have to make a choice, or are you willing to let the innocent people of Meadowville die to save one dragon?" the Weather Witch said more sternly.

Majesty closed her eyes and tears could be seen falling down her cheeks, "I know... I know..."

The Weather Witch softened her tone again, "I'm sorry Majesty... that was cruel of me... I shouldn't have said that."

Majesty kept her eyes closed and continued to cry, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

+++

Thunderstorm had called a meeting of the whole herd at the center of the oasis.

"My herd," Thunderstorm began, as he paced back and forth in front of his herd , "Before I was your Alpha, I was nothing but a slave in Redwall. The humans used me like they would use a hammer or a chisel or any other tool. My former master treated me with disdain, like an animal. I was abused and beaten daily if I didn't work fast enough or hard enough. I still have the scars to show it." He gestured to the scars on his eye and ear with one hoof.

"A hard floor to sleep on, a barred cage around me, and bitter food were my only reward for breaking my body for my master. My existence was one of pain and fear. But I don't need to tell you all this! You were all in Redwall, you were all subjugated, enslaved by the humans!"

He faced all of his herd, as several pegasi in the crowd nodded in agreement. "Every pegasi here knows of the pains and sorrows that living like slaves under the humans caused us. That is why when I killed my master with my own hooves, and began the pegasi uprising in Redwall! You all followed me. You made me your Alpha because you saw in me a future! A future of freedom and prosperity! A future where we would no longer answer to anyone but ourselves!"

Some of the pegasi cheered, others stomped the ground repeatedly with their hooves.

"The first step was to kill every human in Redwall, and we did it! Then, we had to burn down the city to the ground, erasing it from existence, and we did it! We have all come a long way, and today we are closer than ever to our final objective, a prosperous land to call our own! A land where we can be truly free of chains, a land where we can be independent!"

Thunderstorm pointed with his hoof far away into the distance, "We searched far and wide for a place for us to settle, a land of promise and prosperity where we would create our nation of pegasi. And we found it! A land of lush green pastures and delicious fruits. But we also found humans living in it! But once they leave, we'll have the houses and plantations that they left behind! The things that we never learned to do ourselves because our dead masters at Redwall never dared to teach us to build homes or work the land, as if we were unworthy of such knowledge!

"First, we created a great drought, to make them leave. However, they stubbornly decided to stay. That is why we will now go personally to them, and tell them that we are the ones causing the drought, and now that we have captured that witch they sought to counter our weather manipulation, they have no hope of surviving. The humans must leave, and if they still refuse after that… they will perish under the power of our lightning bolts! Because we are pegasi! The weather is ours to command! No human shall ever again keep us from fulfilling our destiny! We are the chosen creatures of the skies! It is the will of the skies that we triumph!"

Every other pony in the herd cheered or stomped their hooves.

"The herd will be divided in two groups. Some flocks will remain here to make sure our young stay safe, the rest will go with me to Meadowville," said Thunderstorm, "Flock leaders, prepare your ponies. We leave for Meadowville in one hour! I'll lead the formation myself!"

As he gave the order, all the pegasi scrambled to get ready to leave.

"My Alpha, may I speak to you."

"Go ahead, Firefly," replied Thunderstorm.

"My Alpha, isn't there another way? The people of Meadowville have done nothing to us. Maybe we can make a deal with them, maybe we can cooperate?" suggested Firefly.

"Firefly, I already told you. They are humans. We cannot trust them, we can't ever trust them. To them we are nothing but animals, and they will treat us as such. Even if they don't appear to do so at first, they will put us in chains and enslave us as soon as we give them the chance."

"But, my Alpha, maybe..."

"Enough is enough, Firefly. What I'm doing is for the good of the herd. I don't care what happens to the humans, and neither should you. Live, die, it makes no difference to us what happens to them."

"... Yes... my Alpha," replied Firefly, reluctantly.

"Now, go talk to your flock. You will be one of the groups that will stay here in the oasis, to keep the foals of the herd safe. That will be all." And with that, Thunderstorm flew away from Firefly.

"Yes, my Alpha," replied Firefly, keeping her head low and her eyes closed.

+++

Firefly looked at Thunderstorm and the force of fifty pegasi fly away into the distance. Firefly was quick to notice that the ponies that Thunderstorm picked to go with him to Meadowville were the ones that had flock leaders who he knew would follow his orders unquestionably.

Also, hers was not the only group that stayed behind. And the leaders of some of the flocks that stayed behind were the ones led by pegasi that she knew didn't always meet eye to eye with Thunderstorm's goals or methods. None of them were as vocal about it as Firefly. In fact she was the most vocal in her objections in the whole herd, but the ones that stayed behind did question Thunderstorm's orders as Alpha from time to time, albeit quietly. She also noticed that some of the pegasi that stayed were also blindingly loyal to Thunderstorm.

With nothing to do but await Thunderstorm's return, Firefly started to walk around the oasis, making sure everyone was safe and that there were no incoming threats. She saw other pegasi walking and flying around in patrol. She saw two colts playing and laughing together. There really wasn't much she could do but wait, and think about what was going to happen at Meadowville when Thunderstorm arrived there, something she'd rather not think about. Firefly walked over to a tree to lie down under its shade, she decided to just take a nap until this whole ordeal was over.

Author's Note:

Written by Persona22, with additional writing and edited by Wolfram-and-Hart and Alex Warlorn. Grammar edits by docontra.

Origin story of Queen Majesty, ruler of Ponyland over three thousands of years before Celestia was born. And Majesty faces her greatest ordeal yet.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php… This is our trope page, keep it up to date! In particular that this might be

Set in the pony POV Universe. The origin of Queen Majesty the Unicorn of Ponyland. Where did she come from? Who was she? What was her connection to the first Spike? To the ancestors of the mane six and others? How does she connect to Celestia's bloodline? What legacies did she put in motion that still exist today after pony civilization has had to start over twice?

Written by Persona22, with additional writing and edited by Wolfram-and-Hart and Alex Warlorn.

Majesty meets somepony who will change the course of Equus' history forever.

Previous:

Next Chapter:

First Chapter: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com/art/Pony-POV-Series-Fluttershy-FlutterCruel-Pearls-260092460




Cover art by Skypinpony