• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 1,333 Views, 100 Comments

Pony POV Series Origins: Queen Majesty - Alex Warlorn



Origin story of Queen Majesty, ruler of Ponyland over three thousands of years before Celestia was born.

  • ...
5
 100
 1,333

The Unicorn And the Witch

It was a sunny day as Majesty walked down the road, little Spike sleeping soundly on her back. The little dragon had fallen asleep shortly after eating the small rodent Majesty had captured for his breakfast.

The road was empty for the time being, but she was sure that it led to some sort of settlement nearby, maybe a town or a village. The tracks all over the dirt road told her as much. Wheel marks, footprints and hoof prints told her that, while not recently, this road was transited back and forth to somewhere. Most likely a human town since she had left elven territory behind long ago. Majesty was hoping that she could find someone there that could teach her to read and write.

However, Majesty did notice something odd about the landscape. It was hot and dry, without a single cloud in the sky. It was like a desert, except that all around her she could see dead grass and the occasional dead tree. This landscape had been going on for a while now, and it told Majesty one thing; this area was usually a lot more green and less hot than it was now, and this drought the area was going through was quite recent, but severe enough that all the plants were already dead. As she continued down the road, the drought seemed to be getting more severe.

Just then Majesty noticed two figures further ahead, walking on the road near the horizon in the same direction she was going. She guessed they were just other travelers, and one of the figures seemed to be pulling a wooden cart. It wouldn't take long for Majesty to catch up to them since there wasn't any wooden cart to hinder her walking speed.

However, Majesty was surprised to find she actually recognized them, and they recognized her too. They were Indabor and Wooden Spoke, the Earth pony was pulling the wooden cart loaded with several closed wooden barrels. The human was next to him, carrying the same sword and crossbow Majesty had seen him use the last time they met.

They quickly approached each other when they noticed who they were.

"Majesty? Is that you? Incredible!" said Indabor in wonderment as he and Wooden Spoke approached the white unicorn mare.

"Indabor! Wooden Spoke! It's been a while!” commented Majesty, happy to see them. The three continued to walk down the road, Majesty slowing down a bit so as to match their speed.

"A while indeed. Last time we saw you, you were travelling carrying an egg," said Wooden Spoke, he then noticed the sleeping baby dragon on Majesty's back. "Wait... is that... is that a dragon?"

Majesty nodded, "Yes. This little fellow is Spike."

"Aha! I was right! She was telling the truth back then! It WAS a dragon egg! You owe me one pint of ale!" said Wooden Spoke to Indabor.

Indabor crossed his arms, "Hmph. Fine, you win."

"Huh?" exclaimed a confused Majesty.

"Oh, nothing. Me and Indabor had a bet going about that egg you were carrying. Indabor thought it was a fake egg, and I said it was real," explained Wooden Spoke.

"You didn't believe me back then?" asked Majesty to Indabor.

Indabor scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, "Well, not exactly... well, kind of. You have to admit that it did sound kind of farfetched, a unicorn around this parts, traveling alone, carrying a dragon's egg? Then again, I should have known better, you being a unicorn was really rare on its own and that should have been enough to break any skepticism about the nature of the egg."

"About the dragon," said Wooden Spoke, "didn't you say you wanted to return the egg to the father? What happened? Are you still looking?" asked the Earth pony.

Majesty shook her head, "No. It turned out that the father was killed too. I spoke to the Queen of the dragons about the baby after it hatched, and she entrusted me to take care of him as his adoptive mother. And I accepted."

Indabor and Wooden Spoke's mouth were opened wide as they heard Majesty's tale. Indabor finally collected himself, "You know what? I totally believe you. Meeting the Queen of all Dragons, adopting a baby dragon, all of it. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice."

Majesty smiled, "Happy to hear it."

“So, what’s it like, raising a dragon?”

“Well, some things aren’t too different from raising my own foals. Other things… well, babies bite, and having a baby that can chew through solid stone needs careful handling.”

"Yikes. I shoud say so. Um, do we have to worry about him setting the cart on fire?”

“No, no, he doesn’t seem to be able to do it unless he means to and really tries at it.”

“So, where are you headed now?" asked Wooden Spoke. "Do you have someplace in mind?"

Majesty shook her head, "Not really. I was thinking about learning how to read and write. I figured that the best place for me to find someone to teach me would be in a town or a city. This road here seemed like a sure way to find one."

"Well, the only thing down this road is a small settlement by the name of Meadowville, it's a farming town. About an hour or so from here," explained Indabor. "In fact, that's where the two of us are heading to right now."

Wooden Spoke looked at the barrels he was carrying on the wooden cart, "Water. Half a dozen sealed barrels full of fresh water," said the Earth pony as he gestured to the six barrels on the wooden cart, "To be delivered to Meadowville, today."

"A water delivery?" said Majesty.

"Yes. The drought is so severe that the town simply has no more water for anything. Their wells have all dried up, even a nearby small lake was completely dry overnight," explained Indabor, "They will try to ration this water between the people and the crops... but I don't think it'll be enough. If this drought doesn't stop soon it might be the end of Meadowville, but the farmers want to do anything they can to save their crops and keep their homes."

Majesty was wondering why the people of Meadowville didn't simply move away to some other place with water. Then she realized that they couldn't. At least not now that they have been living in a settlement, with farms to raise crops and houses to live in.

Humans, just like elves, lived in a settlers fashion. They chose a single place to live, and had their families there generation after generation. They didn't move to warmer lands during winter, or to safer areas if there were too many dangerous predators. She now realized that being in a settlement did have a distinct disadvantage over the nomadic lifestyle she had been living all her life while she was in a herd. Sure, a house might protect you from the elements, but her hooves can take her anywhere. She guessed that after living in a single place for so long, one might even start to develop a sense of belonging; so parting with a land that was their home, their homeland, would most likely be difficult, even if it was dangerous to remain there. Nomads and Settlers, which was the best way to live one's life?, Majesty wondered.

"Look! That's Meadowville over there! We are almost at our destination." exclaimed Wooden Spoke, looking at the horizon.

Majesty noticed it too, it was small, but she could see it, at the distance in the horizon, a group of several houses were visible.

"What the... is it me, or do either of you notice the wind getting stronger?" said Indabor as they continued to walk.

The wind was picking up with each passing second, starting to make it difficult for them to walk. Dust was flying everywhere, also making it difficult to see. The sound of the whizzing wind increased as well.

"It is getting stronger!" replied Majesty.

Just then, the wind got so forceful that it blew Spike off of his resting place on Majesty's back. His small body was light enough to fly around, pushed by the strong wind current. The sudden movement, combined with the noise around him suddenly woke the baby dragon and he started to cry.

"SPIKE!" a horrified Majesty turned around, and managed to grab Spike in midair with her magic. Majesty carefully moved him back through the air to her."Don't worry Spike, mommy's got you!"

"This isn't just wind! This is a hurricane!" exclaimed Indabor. By now the noise from the gusts of wind were so strong that they had to shout over it to hear each other speak.

"All of a sudden with no warning?! How is this even possible?!" Wooden Spoke yelled, having trouble pulling the wooden cart full of water barrels in the dust storm, "Indabor, watch out!"

Wooden Spoke's warning came too late. A piece of flying debris, a wooden trunk, most likely from a dried up uprooted tree, flew towards Indabor's from one side, hitting him right on the head. Indabor fell down immediately, the blow leaving him unconscious.

"Indabor!" yelled Wooden Spoke

The pony heard a loud thump behind him, and he turned around to see another piece of flying debris hit one of the wooden barrels on the cart. It fell to the ground, with a hole where the debris hit, spilling the water into the dirt.

"The water!" exclaimed Wooden Spoke.

Just then, with Spike finally safely back with her, Majesty cast a protective bubble shield around them, covering herself, Spike, Wooden Spoke, an unconscious Indabor and the cart of water.

Majesty gently placed Spike on her back. The baby dragon had calmed down and wasn't crying anymore, but was still distressed and hugged her tight.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Majesty as she turned around, just then she noticed Indabor on the ground.

Wooden Spoke didn't reply as he used his mouth to release the harness that secured him to the wooden cart.

"Quick! Help me with this barrel! The people of Meadowville needs this water!" Wooden Spoke began to push the fallen barrel back up. Majesty quickly moved to help him put it back, but half the water inside it had already spilled.

"What happened to Indabor?" asked Majesty.

"He got hit on the head by a branch or something while you were saving your baby dragon," replied Wooden Spoke, "We have to get him to safety."

"I agree, but we can barely see anything in this weather!" replied Majesty. Even inside the protection of Majesty's magic barrier, the storm left them unable to see anything but whipping dust clouds. They knew that Meadowville was ahead, but they could barely see the road in front of them, let alone a distant village.

Suddenly, both Majesty and Wooden Spoke noticed that the wind seemed to slow down around them outside Majesty's magic shield bubble. The roar of the wind grew quieter, the gusts began to slow down, and the dust clouds settled down. As visibility started to return, the two ponies also saw a figure flying above them, but they couldn't see more than a blur through the murky sky. When the wind had slowed down enough that there was no longer any dangerous flying debris, Majesty dispelled the magical shield bubble with a twirl of her horn.

As the wind started to come to a complete stop and the dust was settling enough to allow them to see around them without any hindrance, Majesty and Wooden Spoke could now clearly see the figure flying high up before them.

It was a red haired woman with a flower tiara on her head, wearing a dress decorated with pictures of clouds and a golden sun brooch. She held a silver wand shaped like a thunderbolt with what looked like a golden flower at the tip. It must have been a magic wand, since it was shining with mana. She was flying on a magic broom.

Majesty started glowering immediately as she realized what this woman was. A witch. Now the mysterious storm forming out of nowhere made perfect sense.

The red headed witch's wand stopped glowing as she stopped whatever spell she was casting. She quickly landed her broom, put her wand away and walked over to Majesty and Wooden Spoke. Strangely, she seemed worried.

"Are you okay?" she asked, then she noticed Indabor lying down unconscious on the ground, a nasty looking bruise on the side of his head. "Is that man hurt?"

Majesty didn't let her take one more step, quickly placing herself between the witch, Wooden Spoke, Indabor and the wooden cart. She looked angrily at the witch, her horn glowing red.

"Stay back, witch, if you know what's best for you!"

The redheaded witch saw Majesty's sudden reaction and stopped dead in her tracks. She raised both hands defensively, her left hand still holding her broom.

"Wait, please little pony, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just trying to help." then she noticed Majesty's horn, "Are... are you a unicorn?"

"I said step back!" Majesty repeated. "You tried to kill us with that hurricane, and when you realized your magic wasn't going to penetrate my shield, you decided to come closer to finish us off! Admit it!"

"What?! No! I saw the windstorm all the way from Meadowville and I flew here to stop it!" The redheaded witch exclaimed in confused horror at Majesty's accusation. She took a few steps back, giving Majesty her space, "I remembered that the water shipment the villagers ordered was going to arrive today, so I wanted to ensure it wasn’t destroyed. I'm not here to hurt you, I swear!"

"You won't convince me with your lies, witch!" replied Majesty.

Before they could continue their little exchange, half a dozen humans arrived, having run from Meadowville. Their clothes looked simple, rugged, and decolored by the sun. A farmer's clothes. "Weather Witch, we're here... is everyone okay?" said the human in front, who was also the one that looked the oldest.

"Everything is under control now, but that man over there was wounded," said the witch pointing at Indabor lying unconscious on the ground.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of him," replied the human.

The humans moved to get closer to Indabor, but Majesty stepped in front of them in a defensive posture. "Stay away, witch minions!"

"Wait, Majesty, it's okay. I know these people," said Wooden Spoke as he stepped in closer to an old man. "Hello Rhubed,"

"Hello Wooden Spoke." the human greeted back.

Majesy was surprised by this to say the least.

+++

Majesty, Wooden Spoke and the humans neared Meadowville. The Weather Witch, as the humans had said she was called, had already gotten there quickly by flying with her broom, as she stated that she needed to get back to her research.

Rhubed, the oldest human of the group, ordered two strong looking humans to carry Indabor into town. After quickly checking him, Rhubed determined that he wasn’t injured, except for a nasty bump where the flying debris had hit his head, but that he did need medical attention as soon as possible. They determined the fastest way to get him to Meadowville was for the two men to carry his unconscious body into town.

Wooden Spoke had resumed walking towards Meadowville with the cart full of water barrels. He walked at a slower pace since his cargo was still considerably heavy. The humans had offered Wooden Spoke help in pulling the wooden cart, but the Earth Pony had politely refused. Alongside him was Majesty, with little Spike looking around in interest as he rode on her back, and Rhubed and the rest of the humans that had come with him.

As they walked, Majesty had gotten to know Rhubed and learned more about the farming village of Meadowville and its inhabitants. For starters, Rhubed had confirmed to her what Wooden Spoke and Indabor had told her. Meadowville was a small farming town, and they had been going through a terrible drought for months now. He also explained to Majesty that he was the town's elder, and from what she understood about it, that basically made him the "Alpha" of the humans of Meadowville. A position he seemed to hold not from the merits of power, but from the merits of wisdom and life experience.

"Indabor and Wooden Spoke make a delivery of half a dozen barrels of water every week, and are kind enough that they do give us a discount on their delivery services. While it helps keep the people of the town from dying of thirst, it is not nearly enough to keep the crops alive much longer. If it doesn't rain soon, all the crops will die for this season," explained the elderly human to Majesty as they both walked behind Wooden Spoke's cart. "Things can't go on like this for much longer. We are a small farming community and we simply don't have the resources to survive the winter if we can't harvest our crops, if this drought continues... we really don't know what we'll do."

"How long has the drought been going on?" asked Majesty, curiously.

"Two and a half months, more or less," replied Rhubed, "It is really unusual. This region never had any drought, and it's not just the lack of rain, the air feels more dry, we haven't seen a single cloud in the sky since the drought started, and then there's the wind. Strong winds have started to appear, and this region was never prone to strong wind currents. It is strong enough some times that our crops are getting damaged from the wind as well. We really have no explanation for anything, it seemed like the weather has gone crazy overnight."

"That doesn't explain what that witch is doing with you," stated Majesty.

"You mean the Weather Witch?" replied Rhubed. "After it was clear that the drought wasn't going to end soon, we sent some of the younger members of our community as couriers to nearby towns and cities to find someone that could help us stop the drought. Unfortunately, we had little to offer as payment, so almost all of the people we contacted turned us down. A week ago the Weather Witch contacted us, when she found out that we were looking for someone to help us with the drought. She introduced herself and told us she was a specialist in weather magic, and offered to help us free of charge, saying that she considered whatever research and findings she came up with to stop the drought as enough payment. She requested a private cabin in the village where she could perform her investigation and experiments alone, and we provided one. She has been researching the surroundings this whole time, but apparently she still hasn't found a way to stop the drought yet."

"I see." Majesty replied simply.

+++

Wooden Spoke walked out of one of the house cabins of Meadowville; Indabor had been taken there by the villagers, and was laid on a bed as they tended his wound. Meanwhile, Rhubed was overseeing how some villagers were unloading the water barrels from the wooden cart, as the whole village was getting ready to have the water distributed among them.

"How is Indabor?" asked Majesty.

"Everyone says he’s fine. He woke up a little while ago, with a headache. He'll be okay, he's tougher than he looks," explained the Earth Pony.

"I'm glad to hear that," replied Majesty.

"Yeah, me too. I'll be staying here with Indabor for a while, until he is in good enough shape to leave. Which should be in a day or two at most," explained Wooden Spoke, "What about you?"

Majesty looked to a side and frowned when she noticed the Weather Witch walking towards her, "I'll stay here for a while."

Wooden Spoke turned around and walked back into the wooden cabin where Indabor was being tended to.

The Weather Witch stepped closer to Majesty, a friendly smile on her face. "Hello. Rhubed told me your name is Majesty."

"It is," replied Majesty, completely expressionless.

"I saw that magical shield you used to protect yourself from the tornado. It was very impressive," commented the Weather Witch.

"If you say so," replied Majesty, still expressionless.

"Is that really a baby dragon on your back?" asked the Weather Witch as Spike watched a butterfly pass by.

"I'm his mother. I adopted him."

“That’s amazing! How did you end up adopting him?”

“I don’t think I like discussing my son with strangers," replied Majesty, now sounding sterner than before.

The Weather Witch noticed this as well, "Majesty, it seems we started on the wrong foot here. So let's start over. Let me introduce myself, I'm Sireila, but everyone calls me the Weather Witch. Rhubed already told you, right? I'm here to help these people with the drought."

"Then why haven't you made it rain yet?" asked Majesty, skeptically.

"That was actually the first thing I tried to do when I arrived," replied the Weather Witch, frustration over Majesty's attitude clear in her voice. "But for some reason, it didn't work! I've been doing some research around the area since then and..."

"It didn't work? Why? Your WAND isn't powerful enough?" Majesty interrupted, gesturing at the Weather Witch's wand.

"What!? No! If you must know, my wand is incredibly powerful when it comes to weather based magic! I enchanted the silver used in the wand myself," said the Weather Witch, holding the wand with one hand, showing to Majesty the lightning shaped wand made of silver, then she pointed at the tip, "And this is the only Golden Moonstar Flower in existence, which gives my wand even more power."

"The only Golden Moonstar Flower? Really? And where did you steal that from?" asked Majesty.

"STEAL IT!?" the Weather Witch gasped. "I didn't steal it! I found it after years of searching for it in the mountains!"

"A likely story," replied Majesty.

"Okay, enough!" said the Weather Witch angrily, "What is your problem with me, Majesty? I've been nothing but nice to you, and you treat me with indifference and rudeness and you accuse me of stealing! What have I done to you to deserve this treatment?"

Spike gave the stranger who apparently made his mother angry a scowl.

"You are a witch," was Majesty's short and simple answer.

The Weather Witch was stunned at Majesty's reply, "What?"

"You are a witch. I don't trust witches, in fact I believe that you are the one responsible for this drought and you came here only on the pretense of helping these humans." explained Majesty.

"What? That doesn't... I don't... why would I even do that?" exclaimed the Weather Witch.

"I don't know. Yet. But I am going to find out, and then I'm going to expose you in front of everyone as the lying witch that you are. You might have convinced the humans you want to help them, but I am onto you, witch, you won't get away with whatever you are scheming." With that, Majesty turned around and walked away from the Weather Witch. The Weather Witch just stood there, looking at Majesty, in complete stunned silence as the unicorn walked away.

+++

Wooden Spoke woke up early the next day, Indabor was recovering nicely and the two of them should be able to leave in a day or two. Not that Meadowville was bad, on the contrary everyone was very friendly to both of them, but every day they spent here was not only a day that they weren't working, but also one more day where he and Indabor were using up resources of the people of Meadowville, resources that they didn't have much of thanks to the drought.

First things first, however. Wooden Spoke left the small cabin he and Indabor were staying as guests for the time being. The Earth Pony wanted to do something to repay the kindness of the people of Meadowville for taking care of Indabor. Sure, they told him he shouldn't worry about it, but considering that he and Indabor were getting paid by them for every water delivery they made (even if they charged them the lowest possible price), it felt wrong that he didn't repay them for their help in some way. He was sure that there was something a hard working Earth Pony like himself could do to help out in a farming community, all he had to do was as around.

"Wooden Spoke, there you are! I was looking for you." came a familiar voice from behind him.

Wooden Spoke turned around, "Majesty? You were looking for me?"

"Yes, I need your help with something." Spike was still sleeping on her back; apparently it was still early for the little dragon.

“Uh, you need me to watch Spike during his nap? Do I need to get flameproof diapers or something?”

“What? No! This is serious Wooden!”

Wooden Spoke was surprised, what could a clearly very powerful unicorn like Majesty could possibly need help from him for? "Is there something wrong?"

"That's what I intend to find out," replied Majesty. "Follow me please."

Wooden Spoke did so, "Where are we going, exactly?"

"I spoke to some people here," said Majesty, "From what I learned, all she does is stay in the house they gave her, doing whatever it is she does in there. When she does leave the house, she flies her broom somewhere outside of Meadowville, to do something, and then comes back and again into her house."

"Flying on a broom...  you mean the Weather Witch?" asked Wooden Spoke.

"Except for that dust storm yesterday, the people here have never seen her doing something actually useful. But they all have nothing but good things to say about her," Majesty continued, "They are blinded by desperation, this drought has them desperate, and they all believe that... witch will help them. She has them all fooled, but not me, I know better."

Wooden Spoke didn't know if he should feel worried or frustrated by now, "Majesty, what exactly are you talking about?"

"This drought! I'm sure that witch has something to do with it. I know it! I don't know what it is, or why she offered to come here and 'help' but I know she must have some ulterior motives. She is a witch," replied Majesty, she then turned her head to look at Wooden Spoke, "But I'm going to find out. And I'm going to reveal to everyone here that she's nothing but an evil rotten witch." She stopped, and looked at a small house at the edge of the town. The house the people of Meadowville allowed the Weather Witch to stay at.

"You’re going to spy on the Weather Witch?" asked Wooden Spoke.

"I saw her leaving earlier. The house is completely empty now. It's the perfect time to find out what she's up to!"

"You are going to spy on her."

"I can teleport us inside with magic! I won't need to force the door or anything! But I can't read, so if there are any scrolls or parchments in there, I need you to read them for me. You told me you knew how to read, right? I couldn't ask any of the people of this village, they are too blinded by her lies to do it," Majesty explained.

It was true that Wooden Spoke knew how to read. He needed to know how, and so did Indabor, considering their line of business required them to follow maps and read lists of cargo.

"Majesty... the Weather Witch helped us in that storm yesterday, why would she do that if she has some ulterior motives?"

"Oh, please, not you too! How do you know that she didn't start that storm herself? You saw just how unnatural it was! The storm came from nowhere! Maybe some of the villagers realized we were trapped in the storm, and since they knew you and Indabor were bringing in the water cargo, she was asked to help us by the villagers, and she did it because getting her cover blown now would have been counterproductive to her plans."

"She talked to me yesterday, she seems like a nice person..," said Wooden Spoke.

"That's what she wants you to believe! What she wants EVERYONE to believe! But I know that she's up to no good! She's a witch! Witches lie, they always lie, why would she be any different?" Majesty sighed, trying to reign in her anger. "Look, I understand why you might be skeptical, but what do you really know about her? What if I'm right?"

Wooden Spoke looked thoughtful for a minute, then he replied, "Okay, I'll help you read whatever you find in there... but if anything goes wrong..."

"I'll take full responsibility, don't worry," Majesty assured him, she then made sure nobody was around and walked over to one of the windows of the house. The curtains were drawn, like every other window in the house.

"How exactly are you going to get in with magic?" asked Wooden Spoke.

"I can teleport us inside, I just need to see where I'm going, or have been there before, so I don't teleport inside a wall or something," explained Majesty, "She closed all the curtains, clearly trying to hide something, but that's not an obstacle to me."

Majesty's horn glowed, and the curtains inside the house parted. With a clear view of the house’s interior, her horn glowed even brighter and she, Spike, and Wooden Spoke disappeared in a flash and reappeared again inside the house.

"Wow... I've never been teleported before... feels funny," said Wooden Spoke who looked a little green, as did Spike.

"I've been doing it since I was a filly, it feels second nature to me," said Majesty casually, then looked around.

The house was filled with strange devices. There was a Hygrometer, a Barometer, a Thermometer... There were also magical potions, and a small work bench to prepare them with ingredients scattered about. A blackboard filled with charts and equations, and some parchments with writing on them stuck to the wooden walls with thumb tacks. A big chest was at one side of the room, it was opened and several scrolls could be seen inside, some looked older than others.

"What is she doing in here?" said Majesty, "What are all these contraptions?"

Wooden Spoke looked at them and the little noted parchments next to each.

"Well, it looks like all these things read changes in the weather. Humidity, air pressure, wind... With all this information you can try to predict weather patterns, at least that's what's written in several of these parchments next to the machines. I wouldn't know, I don't know how to use a..." Wooden Spoke looked closer to the label on one of the contraptions, "... Anemometer… Whatever that is."

“Hmmm… Anything else?”

"Apparently the Weather Witch has been taking these things with her every day for the last week, taking different readings in different locations at different distances of Meadowville. And they say that the drought will continue for the foreseeable future, according to the results... or at least that's what the Weather Witch wrote down, I wouldn't know, all these numbers are just gibberish to me."

"Yes, what she says," replied Majesty, "Wait... if she's been taking these machines with her to read the weather, then why did she leave them here this time?"

"Hmmm, good question," replied Wooden Spoke, he kept looking at the parchments stuck to the wall with the thumb tacks, looking for the newest notes, he found one that surprised him.
Majesty noticed Wooden Spoke's surprise, "What? What did you find?"

"This one says that the origin of the drought is not natural, but magical," replied Wooden Spoke.

"I knew it!" exclaimed Majesty.

Wooden Spoke looked at the notes, "I hate to admit it, but it does seem that the Weather Witch is withholding some information about this drought to the people of Meadowville..."

"The drought is magical, and she's a witch that specializes on the weather. She's guilty of it, I was right! If only we knew where she went today..," replied Majesty.

"South west of here, according to this last note," said Wooden Spoke as he read one of the newer notes, looking unsure, "Look, I admit that there is more going on here that meets the eye, but..."

Majesty didn't let him finish, her horn glowed and in a flash they disappeared, and reappeared back outside the wooden house.

“Gah… please warn me when you do that,” Wooden Spoke wheezed.

"South west, got it. I'm going to go find her, and put an end to this," said Majesty as she galloped away.

"Majesty! Wait!" called out Wooden Spoke. But it fell on deaf ears, as Majesty continued to run away as fast as she could, heading south west.

Author's Note:

Written by Persona22, with additional writing and edited by Wolfram-and-Hart and Alex Warlorn. Grammar edits by docontra.

Origin story of Queen Majesty, ruler of Ponyland over three thousands of years before Celestia was born.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/PonyPOVSeries This is our trope page, keep it up to date!

Set in the pony POV Universe. The origin of Queen Majesty the Unicorn of Ponyland. Where did she come from? Who was she? What was her connection to the first Spike? To the ancestors of the mane six and others? How does she connect to Celestia's bloodline? What legacies did she put in motion that still exist today after pony civilization has had to start over twice?

Written by Persona22, with additional writing and edited by Wolfram-and-Hart and Alex Warlorn.

Majesty meets The Weather Witch.

Previous:

Next Chapter:

First Chapter: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com/art/Pony-POV-Series-Fluttershy-FlutterCruel-Pearls-260092460




Cover art by Skypinpony