• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 439 Views, 38 Comments

Traces of a Hidden Shadow - Teotle



Teotle and Nyx are at it again, making new friends while facing old enemies of the dark.

  • ...
7
 38
 439

Teotle On The Run

Twilight, Nyx, and Day Dreamer spent a good thirty minutes in the sauna with Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy. It was calm, relaxing and peaceful. Until, that is, one of the SPA manager poked her head through the doorway and said, "Princess Twilight?"

"Yes?" Twilight responded.

The manager blushed a little as she said, "We have a slight problem with Teotle. When we tried to sit him down for his haircut, he ran off down the hall and locked himself in the closet."

Twilight huffed, took the hot towel off her face, and followed the manager, with Nyx and Day Dreamer not far behind her. When they reached the closet, Teotle peeked his head through the little window. Twilight rolled her eyes and said, "Teotle, you come out from there this instant."

Teotle shook his head and said, "I already got a bath today, I don't need a haircut too."

"Teotle." Nyx sighed. "You have knots in your fur, they need to cut and brushed."

Teoltle felt around in his fur and noticed the knots Nyx talked about. "Can't I just cut them off with my sword?"

"No, Teotle." Twilight groaned. "They are too deep in your fur, you'll end up having bald patches if you do that."

Teotle grunted, opened the closet door and the said, "Fine, I'll come out."

"Great." the manager said with glee. "Because your stylist awaits you." She grabbed Teotle's paw and let him back to the grooming department, where everypony would send their pets for grooming. Teotle didn't like that room, not because of the animals, he likes animals, its just that he hates getting his haircut in a place where they occasionally treat him like a house pet.

The mares who washed, cut, and brushed his fur would always talk to him in a "lovey dovey" voice and say he was so cute. They would also treat him like he was a tender flower. He always thought of himself as handsome or charming, not cute, and he was strong, not tender.

Teotle waited patiently as the stylist trimmed and combed his whole coat. Teotle winced and yelped a few times when his fur was fulled too hard by the brush, but after a while, the stylist was finally done.

"Ok, Teotle." the stylist concluded. "You are now free to go."

Teotle sighed with relief and stood up from where he was sitting. He walked over to where Twilight, Nyx and Day Dreamer had been waiting. He nudged Twilight and asked, "I'm ready to go."

Twilight looked down at him and said, "Not yet. Did you say thank you?"

Teotle quickly looked back at the mare from behind the desk and said, "Thank you."

The mare smiled and replied, "You're welcome, sweetie."

Later that night, Teotle, Nyx, and Day Dreamer had spent quite a while doing the finishing touches on the crystal cubes, making sure that the knowledge and memory that was put in to them was stable. After that step was done, the next thing was to assemble the pieces to fit together, like a puzzle, only you don't have a pattern or picture to use as a reference.

"How do we know which pieces to connect first?" Day Dreamer asked.

"Many things could go wrong in the assembly process." Teotle answered. "If the pieces are put together in the wrong order, they won't be able to sustain the knowledge within them. I'm not saying it's hard to do, but it is kind of like building a living brain from the ground up."

"Has anypony ever done that before?" Nyx wondered.

Teotle then said, "One time in my homeland, Ironeye talked about how Shadowflame would dabble in that sort of thing. He succeeded, but it didn't live for very long."

"Why not?" Nyx and Day Dreamer asked together.

Teotle looked at them and said, "He didn't want to risk it being too smart for him to control, so he killed it an hour after it was brought to life."

The two of them looked at Teotle with concern. "That's awful." Nyx said.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Day Dreamer added.

"Don't worry, you guys." Teolte said with assurance. "We totally got this. We're not going to kill it. its too important."

"How so?" Day Dreamer asked.

Teotle smiled and said, "Not only will it hold all the history in Equestria, but it will also be a symbol of unity. It will be a transcendent creature that can have a life of it's own. It will be able to guide us throughout our lives. It can advise our leaders, teach new ways of medicine, math, farming, technology, and a thousand things in between. What we do here will revolutionize the world and make peace.

"Wow." Nyx added. "This is amazing."

"I know right?" Teotle asked. "And we're so close to being done making it too." Teolte then picked up two pieces and merged them together to one bigger cube. "Let's get started."