• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 437 Views, 38 Comments

Traces of a Hidden Shadow - Teotle



Teotle and Nyx are at it again, making new friends while facing old enemies of the dark.

  • ...
7
 38
 437

Bath Time

The following weekend, Teotle, Nyx and Day Dreamer sat in the bedroom, working on the science fair project. Nyx had convinced Teotle to let Day Dreamer compete in the science fair with them. This made Teotle uneasy, however, Nyx's pleads eventually made him accept it.

Nyx and Daydreamer were opening the packages, containing the small crystal cubes, that were shipped to and from all the different cultures across Equestria. Teotle, analyzed the cubes they have already received. He used his mind control spell to look inside the cubes and read the knowledge stored inside them, seeing if there were any faults or anything missing to the data.

While he did this, Teotle seemed as little nervous about something. He quivered and flinched at anything that made a sound, as if he was suspecting an attack from something or somepony.

Day Dreamer took notice to this and whispered in Nyx's ear, "What's wrong with Teotle?"

Nyx looked over at Teotle, rolled her eyes and whispered back, "Today is his..."

"BATH TIME, TEOTLE!" Twilight said in a half singing voice as she opened the door to the bedroom.

This made Teotle nearly jumped out of his skin as he sprinted for the open window, attempted to jump out. But Twilight was too fast for him. she used her magic to grab Teotle by his tail and pulled him back into the castle through the window. Once he was all the way back inside, She grabbed the rest of him and carried him out into the hallway.

Nyx then stood up and said, "Come on, lets go."

Daydreamer tilted his head to the side and asked, "Why, where?"

Nyx looked back at him and said, "To the SPA. That's where we take Teotle to get him cleaned up."

"Why doesn't he get a regular bath every day?", asked Day Dreamer.

Nyx the said, "He doesn't like other people to wash him. It's just that he never had his mom teach him about personal hygiene. Now, When he bathes by himself, he forgets to clean certain areas and he sometimes leaves soap in his fur, causing him to itch."

Day Dreamer then asked, "Why wasn't she there to teach him?"

Nyx frowned, walked to the door and said, "I'll tell you on the way, lets go."

Day Dreamer got up to and followed behind Nyx out into the hall behind Twilight.

"Ok, so here's the thing..." Said Nyx. "Teotle is one of seven other kids who were foretold to bring back Shadowflame, their father, by killing each other until only one remained to become his vessel. Shadowflame was an evil tyrant who took control of the wolf country and wanted to expand his kingdom over Equestria. Teotle's mom, Frost, wanted Teotle to live a happy and free life, so she sent him here in secret, to save hm from Shadowflame's plan."

"Why didn't she go with him?" Day Dreamer asked.

"Because the sisters of the shadow knew her sent." Nyx answered. "The wolf scouts would have caught them before they could reach the borders of Equestria. Teotle, on the other hoof, is just a cub. Not only could he escape, but he was also young enough to adapt to Equestrian culture."

"So, how long was he alone before you found him?" Day Dreamer asked.

Nyx looked back at Teotle, who was still struggling to be free from Twilight's magic. She then said, "I don't know, and I won't ask. If you really know my story, you'd know that I was only alone for a few hours, tangled in a thorn bush, before Twilight found me. Teotle could have been alone for a lot longer. Can you imagine how scared he must have been every waking moment?"

Day Dreamer looked down at the floor, unable to speak. He did his best to swallow the knot in his throat as he replied, "I can't even fathom it. But, now know why he cares about you so much. You must have been his first and only friend through out his whole life."

"No." Nyx added softly. "He also had Twilight and all of our other friends."

When they finally arrived at the SPA, the greeter met them at the front desk and said, "Good day, Princess Twilight. I see you've brought Teotle for his weekly treatment."

Twilight smiled and said, "Yep, he really needs it this time. So, I was thinking about the usual lavender bath soap, along with some brushing."

"I see." The greeter replied. "I suppose he has knots again, right?"

"Yeah." Twilight said with blushed cheeks. "It's difficult enough to brush him when he struggles so much, but he also has really thick fur."

"Not to worry, Princess." The greeter insured. "We'll take good care of him."

Twilight then levitated Teotle back down to the ground, still holding him with her magic so he doesn't run off. They then followed another escort to the bathing room, where the staff take care of the customers. The escort then handed the employee who ran the baths the note pad on what to do for Teotle.

The employee then turned the waster on, making sure it was warm enough to plug the drain and let the water rise. She then asked Teotle to remove his metal leg. When he did that she helped him ease his way into the bath tub. When he was in, she and the other staff began to scrub his fur front and back, over and under.

The manager came up to Twilight and whispered in her ear, "Princess, I'm afraid it is time for his hair cut as well. That might cost a little extra, so I wanted to check with you first before I add it to your bill."

"That's ok." Twilight replied. "In fact, can the rest of us spend some time in the steam bath while we wait?"

"But of course." answered the manager, pointing her hoof down the hall. "Right this way."

Twilight, Nyx and Day Dreamer followed the manager to the steam room. When they went inside, they saw Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy, who had also arrived for their weekly SPA outing.

"Oh my," Rarity gasped. "Twilight, Nyx, and Day Dreamer, what ever brings you all here? Is it time for Teotle's weekly bath?"

"Yeah." Twilight answered. "He really needs it this time. He smells like a stink bug and he has enough knots to hog tie a full grown stallion."

"Well shoot." Applejack said. "If he stayed at Sweet Apple Acres for a week, he's learn to take baths three times a day. The only problem is that Granny Smith still doesn't let him come within twenty yards of the farm, well, accept for the club house."

"Don't worry, Applejack, I'm sure she'll come around." Fluttershy remarked. "But for now, lets just try and relax."

Twilight smiled, took a seat, and said, "I couldn't agree more."