• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 439 Views, 38 Comments

Traces of a Hidden Shadow - Teotle



Teotle and Nyx are at it again, making new friends while facing old enemies of the dark.

  • ...
7
 38
 439

Son Under the Moon

Later that night, Sombra had been given a room next to Teotle and Nyx, who were brushing their teeth in the bathroom. The room, itself, wasn't decorated to the final detail, but it still felt like home in Sombra's opinion. He had no possessions, due to the fact that the Crystal Empire's inhabitants threw it all away, but he didn't care. A lot of those things reminded him of who he used to be, but he planned to make new memories.

Teotle and Nyx were under their covers and ready for bed when Princess Luna poked her head inside the bedroom and asked, "May I come in?"

"Of course, grandmother." Teotle replied.

"Thank you, Teotle." Luna said, walking through the doorway. "The science fair was quite the show, even after the attack. I still can't believe you wouldn't accept the award for best invention. The Arc i wonderful."

"Yeah, but if it weren't for Applebloom's Potato Battery, Fracture and the others couldn't have broken through Sombra's defenses." said Nyx.

"Well, I suppose so." Luna said.

"Hey, grandmother?" Teotle wondered. "I remember a lullaby that you used to sing to me when I was Shadowflame, when you were raising me. What was it called?"

Luna made a warm smile and replied, "Son Under the Moon. That was the song. I can't say I'm surprised, because I sang it to you every day before you slept."

"Can you sing it to us, pretty please?" Nyx asked, making big puppy dog eyes.

Luna chuckled and said, "Ok, Let me see if I can remember."

Luna thought about the song, humming it as she remembered the melody and the words that were used. Eventually she began to sing.

"Hush your cries,"
"nows the time"
"for you to dream the day away"

"The night may have gone by,"
"but you will never be alone"

"I'll be there,"
"by your side,"
"so dry up all of your tears"

"I will love, and I will hold"
"you close, my Son"
"Under The Moon"

And with those last few lyrics, Teotle and Nyx were fast sleep. Luna snuck out of the bedroom without a sound. After she closed the door she saw Twilight standing next to hr in the hallway. "That was beautiful." she said to the princess.

"Thank you, Twilight." Luna replied. "Before, when I was raising him, he would always ask for that song to help him fall sleep. It feels good to have sung it to him again, especially after so long."

Twilight then asked "Hey, Luna?"

"Yes?" Luna replied.

Twilight bit her lip, trying to think of how to ask the question that was on her mind. Eventually she asked, "How different is Teotle from Shadowflame?"

Luna sighed and answered, "Not by much, I suppose. Their coat color is similar, but Shadowflame had a more regal black, much like Nyx."

Twilight shook her head and said, "I guess I'm trying to ask, weather or not Shadowflame had a cutiemark like Teotle does. If so, what did it look like? What does it represent?"

Luna raised an eyebrow and said, "Actually, that cutiemark does look familiar, perhaps he did have it before. I'm not sure what it means though, but I think I know how to find out."

"How?" Twilight asked.

"After I found Shadowflame I kept a journal to make notes of him as he as growing up. hopefully it will have a clue as to what the cutiemark means."

"Great, where is it?" Twilight wondered.

Luna frowned as she replied, "I have an idea, but I don't like it."

"Why?" asked Twilight.

Luna looked at the ground and answered, "It's hidden behind a magically sealed door. Only can break the seal, and the door, among many other things there, have too many memories."

To Be Continued.

Comments ( 5 )

Sorry that this chapters a little short. This was literally all I had left to write. :twilightsheepish:

Wow. That was an awesome ending. And you left it open for another one. Nice

7932513 Did you like the lullaby?

Hey everypony, its ya boy, Teotle. I wanted to update the lullaby, "Son Under The Moon."
The original sounds more like a poem, than a song. So I am going to replace it with a shorter and simpler version. The music/melody in which to sing this song is based off of a song "Walking Through The Night" made for the game Rakuen. I hightly looking into this awesome game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWyfnFF8KY

Login or register to comment