• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 437 Views, 38 Comments

Traces of a Hidden Shadow - Teotle



Teotle and Nyx are at it again, making new friends while facing old enemies of the dark.

  • ...
7
 38
 437

The Family's Back Together

A lot has happened after Teotle reunited with his sister, Scarlet Rose. Twilight became the princess of friendship. She got a crown, wings, and even her own castle. She and her friends have traveled to many places in Equestria, where they spread the magic of friendship to the ponies who live there.

There has been some trouble from time to time, but they always managed to prevail in the end. Starlight Glimmer, Twilight's new student, had tried to help as well, after she was reformed from her wrong doings. Everypony was happy to have her as a friend, However, Teotle and Nyx we're still skeptical about her. On occasion, she shows signs of self interest, but the two of them are slowly and steadily warming up to her.

Hearths Warming Day had arrived at the crack of dawn, everypony, large and small, were inside there homes with their families, giving gifts and telling the tail of how the three pony tribes, unicorns, Pegasus, and earth ponies, joined together under one kingdom, allowing piece and plenty in land.

Twilight's family had come to visit them this year and were just getting up out of bed to start their own hearths warming. This was Scarlet and Teotle's first time celebrating the holidays, and they couldn't be happier. Twilight's father, Nightlight, was setting up the fireplace, as part of his family tradition.

Every variable of starting the fire must be exact to make it the best possible flame. This year, Nightlight had decided to include Nyx and Teotle in setting up the logs. They were in charge of handing Nightlight the logs as he put them in position.

Twilight, Cadance, Velvet, and Starlight were setting up breakfast in the kitchen. They were making pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup, pouring hot chocolate with marshmallows on the side, and finally, some gingerbread and candy canes for desert.

Spike, Shining Armor, and Scarlet were setting up the area in front of the fire place, setting up small tables and treys and eating utensils for when the Hearths warming breakfast was ready.

"How's the fire coming, dad?" Shining Armor asked, looking back at the fire place.

"Almost there." Replied Nightlight. "i just need a to put this last piece on." He then used his magic to put the last piece on top the stack of logs before saying, "Ok, it's done. Teotle, you and Nyx can go and tell everypony in the kitchen that the fire place is ready. I'll stay here and help the others set up the table settings."

"Ok." Teotle said, giving a playful solute. He and Nyx then made there way to the door and went down the hall on their way to the girls in the kitchen.

"I'm so excited that we can spend Hearths Warming together." Nyx cried out with joy.

"Me too." Teotle said with a wide grin. "I've waited for it ever since you told me about it."

"is it every thing you hoped it'd be?"

"No." Teotle answered. "Its even better."

Back in the kitchen, the girls were almost finished making the hearths warming breakfast for everypony. Twilight had just finished putting the last pieces of silver wear on one of the many trays they had prepared when she said, "I'm so happy we can have hearths warming with all of our new friends. It's amazing how far we've come."

"Tell me about it." Velvet added. "You became a princess, Nyx and Teotle have a pretty good partnership going, and you have a bright new student."

"Oh, stop." Starlight said with a blushed expression. "I wouldn't say..."

"Come on now." Cadance interrupted. "Give yourself a little credit. If it weren't for you and Sunburst, the Crystal Empire would be a frozen waste land."

Starlight smiled and said, "Well, that is true, but..."

"No buts." Teotle said, coming into the kitchen with Nyx behind him. "I'm still a little skeptical about you, but if Twilight trusts you, then I trust you."

"Me too." Nyx added."

"Um, thanks." Said Starlight, trying not to be offended. It was true that she and Teotle never got along from the start, but she wanted to try and take any positiveness she could get out of him.

"Ok." Nyx said, trying to change the subject. "The fire place is all set and we're ready to start breakfast. How are things here?"

"We're all finished." Twilight said. "Now we can take the food and dishes to the fire place."

"Great." Velvet added. "Now, everyone, lets all grab what we can carry, on double."

Everypony picked up parts of the breakfast they prepared and began to make there way down the hall to meet the others when a ring od the castle door bell rang. Somepony was at the front door.

"Hey, Twilight?" Teotle asked, carrying a platter of stacked pancakes with one arm.

Twilight looked at Teotle and then back down the hall where the front door was. She then said, "Ok, go answere the door. I'll take your load, but hurry. We don't want to keep everypony waiting too long."

"I will." Teotle replied, handing Twilight the pancakes and racing to the door. When he opened it, however, nopony was there. All he could see was Ponyville in the distance, decorated with lights and ribbons. But when he looked down, he saw a small red and white present with a label that read, "To Nyx, From A Friend".

Teotle wondered what it was and also who left it here. But at the same time, he realized that he needed to get back to the others before they get impatient. He picked up the gift and went back inside, closing the door behind him. Once he wiped the snow off his feet on the welcome mat, he went back down the hall to meet the others for their hearths warming breakfast.