• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 2,744 Views, 128 Comments

Panzer Pony - The Lutece twins



A prototype pony tank made by humans is transported to Equestria.

  • ...
15
 128
 2,744

Chapter 2: Battle against a monitor

Author's Note:

WARNING: Heart pulling at the end. You have been warned. Enjoy. :pinkiesmile:

1 HOUR LATER

The commander stands near the cockpit of the transportation plane.

"Listen up!" He yells over the noise. "We're nearing the border of Russia! You know the drill, don't let Germany take Russia! If Russia falls, we lose this war! Do not let them take it, ya hear!" He yells. Aegis is in her tank form, strapped on a cargo box.

"Sir!" She yells with everyone else. Daniel sighs and looks over at Aegis.

"If you get hurt, I'm going to be mad at you." He joked. Aegis rolls her eyes.

"Just because I'm small, doesn't mean I'm weak, remember when a group of soldier tried to attack me because they thought they would be a laughing stock with me on board." She said. Daniel remembered when Aegis beat the crap out of five soldiers as they attacked her.

"I know, Aegis. But that's just it. If you got hit...who knows how bad you'll get hurt...lets just stick together, alright? I won't leave your side." He said.

"Okay. Just don't get hurt yourself." She said. Daniel smiles and gives her a small hug.

"As much as I love you, it's a little awkward to hold you like this..." He said.

"I know, but orders are orders." She said.

"Enough belly acheing back there! we have two minutes till drop!" The commander yells.

"Wanna stick with me when we parachute down there?" Daniel asked.

"Well of course. You'll be with me of course." She said.

"Good. I won't be able to hold onto you, so maybe you can ride in my supply pack." He offered, smiling. "You're an adorable tank, Aegis." He said.

"Maybe." Aegis said.

"One minute till drop!" The commander yells as the plane starts to shake from anti air fire.

"Is it weird I kinda want to be a tank with you?" Daniel asked. Aegis giggles.

"That would be funny." She said.

"Thirty seconds!" The commander yells just as the ramp opens up, revealing a battle torn field.

"Well...people have been made into bionic robots...maybe I could." Daniel chuckles a bit. "I love you, Aegis." He said.

"Ten seconds!" The commander yells just as the plane next to them exploded and fell.

"You know how my back aches? Your tracks would be perfect for a massage!" Daniel said. Aegis nods in agreement. A green light flashes above the commander.

"Go! Go! Go!" He yell and people start to jump out.

"Lets go!" Daniel yells. Aegis drives off the ramp and falls past Daniel.

"See you down there!" She yelled. Daniel Smirks and turns to face the plane was going, and straightens his body, making him more aerodynamic and he caught up with Aegis.

"I will see YOU down there!" He laughed as he soared on past with a two finger salute. Aegis frowns as she fell.

"Hey, no fair!" She yelled. Seeing it'll be a good minute before he'll really need to deploy his chute, he spins around and opens his arms and spreads his legs apart to slow his fall.

"Come give me a hug!" He yells. Aegis' chute opens on its own and she drifts close to Daniel. Daniel takes her in his arms and holds her close, her chute slowing them down to a safe speed. He smiles at her.

"That was kind of fun." He said. Aegis nods.

"I'm glad I'm made of extremely lightweight, yet extremely strong metal." She said.

"I know." He said. When they touch down he's reluctant to put her down. "I wish you weren't here..." He added. He looks around, the sound of guns firing from all directions.

"I almost lost you once..." He said. He remembered the time she took a shot to the neck since her tank form was failing to work. Aegis shudders from that memory. Daniel takes cover behind a thick brick wall, tightly hugging Aegis as tears escape his eyes. Aegis looks up at Daniel with worry.

"Look at me...breaking down before I even get off a shot..." He chuckles. He eyes the M60E4 slung over his back. "Heh. You're bigger than my gun, and the gun is heavier." He said.

"That may be true, but your gun can't match my tank cannon." Aegis said.

"Then you haven't seen an M60E4 in action, my love. Where as you harnesses the power of an M203 grenade launcher, which is nice for decent holes, the M60E4 will easily cause damage faster." He laughs a little. "I'm joking. Your cannon is fucking devastating!" He said. Aegis smirks. She turns back into a pony. Suddenly, her ears start to twitch as she looks off to the right.

"What is it, love?" He asked. Aegis's eyes widen. She could see a giant gray tripod mecha with massive dual tri-barrel rocket launchers, an eye laser, and triple Gatling guns.

"We need to go now, theres a German Monitor heading this way!" She yelled.

"Oh, really? I've watched Scarface enough times to know not to run from anything! It can't see us behind here anyway, so...maybe I can shoot its eye! Bulletproof crap don't work with the M60. A few shots to the eye, it's done!" He said.

"But we should be careful, because if it sees us, we're dead. The eye may be it's weakness, but it can cover it up until it fires it's laser." Aegis pointed out.

"We need to sneak around closer to it. The M60 from here won't hit its eye. At a distance this is a very inaccurate gun. Wanna take this thing down?" He asked. Aegis nods.

"We also have to be careful of the three rocket pods on the sides and the machine gun turrets on the bottom." She added.

"Babe. Who said we're going in to poke it with sticks? See that building over there?" He points to a three story home still standing relatively close to the monitor. "It's not too close or too far. I got a plan. He's facing away from that house there. You can hide behind the house, change to tank form, and randomly shoot something to make an explosion. There's nothing but bullets going on. An explosion is sure to attract it. The smoke will draw it to get its attention there and not the house. I can pop it from there!" He said. Aegis nods and then remembers something.

"Oh, almost forgot! Once the laser is destroyed, the core becomes vulnerable. It's underneath the machine guns." She said. Aegis nods.

"Let's go make history! Man and pony take down a monitor!" He said. He takes hold of his gun and cocks it. Aegis nods, turns back into a tank, and drives off towards where Daniel pointed. Daniel stays by her side, sheiding her from view in case the monitor spotted them. Aegis makes it to the building without the gigantic monitor nor the soldiers noticing her. Her ears flicked.

"Daniel, I'm in position." She said. Daniel heads inside the building.

"Good." He said. He makes his way up the steps, being cautious of any possible tangoes. Aegis zooms in on the monitor and her eyes widen.

"Shit! We have a problem, they heavily guarded the monitor." She said. Daniel smiles.

"Aegis. Remember the gun I've got? Besides, what are they gonna heavily armor the EYE with? Cover it in three layers of cinder block it won't do a thing." He said. Aegis looks at the massive tanks next to t be monitor.

"Um, they have two Maus's, a Pzh 2000 self propelled artillery tank, and ten Pz III k's." She said.

"Fuck. Well, under the sound of the explosion, they might not see my shots. Luckily my barrel reduces muzzle flare so we can probably still do this." He said. Daniel looked out to the monitor, large and looming over the fields. Never ending gun shots were heard, orders being yelled, and blood curling scream ripping through the air as men were falling like dominoes. Aegis's ears flick at the sounds of rockets being launched.

"Crap, they have Panzerwerfer 42 rocket half tracks." She said.

"The Germans are desperate, huh? I can't say I'm surprised." He said bluntly. "We're Americans. Nuthin can take us down. Do your part, Aegis, this monitor is goin' down!" He yells. Aegis nods and looks over in front of the monitor. She sees some barrels and smiles wickedly.

"Perfect." She said. She aims her cannon at the barrels and fires, just as the Panzerwerfer rockets exploded, covering up most of the loud bang her cannon made. The barrels explode in a huge fireball, attracting the attention of the monitor.

"Great shot." Daniel smirks, backing away from the window a bit to keep the flash of his gun invisible to ground units. He takes aim and fires off five shots, hitting their target, and the eye's red glow goes black as blood spilled from the bullet holes.

"Gotcha." He said. Aegis notices the monitor looking in their direction.

"Fuck! The monitor sees us!" She yelled.

"How, when its eye is closed." He said as he shakes his head and begins down the steps.

"Just because its eye isn't open, doesn't mean its controlling itself. There's Germans who control it and everything." She said.

"And that eye is how they see! You see, they can't see." He said. He knelt down at her side once outside and removes her hat, scratching her mane gently. Aegis smiles at the scratch, when suddenly she hears a high pitch whine. Her eyes wide and she pushes Daniel and herself behind a wall.

"Look out!" She yells as where they once they stood, a large trench of melted stone was left behind. She looks out from behind the wall and sees the eye of the monitor is glowing red.

"Shit, that was close. We nearly got fried." She said.

"We got to get out of here!" Daniel yells. Daniel hoists Aegis up into his arms and begins to run in the opposite direction, keeping the house between him and the monitor. Aegis hears the monitor give off a couple of deep bleeps. There was a sound of gears clanking. She looks back and sees the left side of the tri pod missiles launchers was open.

"Look out!" She yelled. With his heart pumping, Daniel tosses her into a ditch

"Stay there! I won't risk you getting hurt again!" He said. He bends down and hugs her.

"I love you, Aegis. Get out of here. I'll fend them off." He said. He kisses her on the forehead then gets up and turns around.

"I got this." He said. Aegis shakes her head.

"No! I won't lose you!" She yelled.

"You won't." He said. Daniel took a deep breath and as the homing missiles shot from the monitor, he began running from where he left Aegis, firing and screaming madly at the quad of missiles, causing them to explode mid-air. Aegis sees one of the pods on the left explode, causing the monitor to stumble back. Daniel begins firing away at the ground units, spraying shots left and right, taking them down one by one, until he himself suffers a shot to the left shoulder. He helps in pain, but keeps firing with his other arm, his left now limp at his side.

"Get out of here Aegis!" He screamed. Aegis shakes her head and runs. But before she could run, the ground collapses underneath her, causing her to scream as she fell.

"Aegis!" He yells. He dropped his gun and ran after her, not caring as he jumped down after her. Aegis lands on hard metal flooring with a loud clang.

"Oof!" She said. As Daniel comes to land, he rolls over, quickly scooping Aegis into his right arm, his left one bleeding and inoperable. Aegis notices the wound on Daniel's arm, causing her to gasp.

"Hold on, let me help." She said.

"A kiss would be good." He chuckled. "We did it, Aegis. We took that son of a gun down." He said. Aegis takes out her med pack from her storage and looks over at Daniel's arm.

"We only damaged it, not destroyed it. We only knocked out one of its tri rocket pods." She said.

"As you fell down here, it caused the others to go and...it's...lets just say they were the best fireworks ever." He said happily. Daniel smiles as he gently rubs his hand into Aegis's mane.

"Such a beautiful mare you are." He said. Aegis smiles as she takes out a spray bottle.

"Now, this may hurt a bit." She said.

"I got shot. That ain't gonna- AAHHH!!" He screamed as she sprayed the wound. Aegis places the bottle back and grabs some gauze.

"I told you it would hurt, sorry I couldn't make it hurt less, but we couldn't have it become infected. And from what I see, the bullet went through, barely missing the bone." She said.

"Can you see through to the exit hole?" He asked. Aegis nods as she wraps up the wound.

"Yes." She said.

"People are gonna call me weird for falling in love with a talking equine tank." He pointed out. Aegis sighs in agreement.

"Yea." She said.

"I could care less what they think. Just..." He said. Daniel takes a forefinger and turns her tank cannon to face away from him. "Watch where you point that." He said, smiling. Aegis chuckles nervously as she slings his arm.

"Sorry. And that should do it." She said. Daniel sits there smiling at the light green colored pony.

"It's not everyday a man falls in love with a robotic pony. I'm glad I'm that man." He said. Daniel scratches her mane gently. Aegis has a happy calm look as he scratched her mane.

"Other than your programming and what not...do you...really love me...like I do for you?" Asked Daniel who bring the mare to sit in his lap. Aegis nods.

"For some reason, there's some sort of feeling when I'm with you when I was rebooted after that, incident. I feel safe, I feel like nothing would hurt me, I can't describe this sensation in me. I feel happy with you." She said.

"I'm more than happy being with you, Aegis. My sweet little pony." He said, holding her close with his good arm. Aegis smiles widely at Daniel, when lights come on, blinding them for a few seconds. When Aegis's vision cleared, she could see that they were in some sort of laboratory, albeit an old one.

"Get behind me." He said. He stands up, setting her down. Aegis does what he said, but everything was quiet. Daniel takes his Berretta M9 from his holster, and switches off the safety.

"I promise...I won't let you get hurt...not again..." He said. Aegis's ears flick around, listening for any sounds.

"It's quiet." She said.

"Heh. I got myself shot protecting you." He said as he gently rubs Aegis's mane. Aegis smiles as she leans into his hand. Suddenly, she heard the sounds of gears clanking. she sees something out of the corner of her eyes move and they widen.

"Look out!" She yells, shoving Daniel out of the way, only for her left leg to be almost sheered off, the armor plating flying off. She screams in pain.

"Aegis!" Daniel screamed. He rushes over to her, and against the pain, he uses both arms to pick her up. "It's not safe here..." He said. He keeps her close. Aegis notices a soldier walking towards them, carrying what looked like a energy like sword. She aims her cannon at it.

"Duck!" She yells. Daniel does what he is told.

"Goose." He said as Aegis fired her cannon, but the shot goes wide. Daniel fires a single shot at the soldier as he rolled, and by sheer luck he hits him in the chest.

"Can you move your leg?" He asked worriedly. She tries to move her leg, but it doesn't move, only causing her to wince in pain.

"N-no, it won't move." She said.

"Sorry...now that he's gone...lets try and find a way out of here..." Daniel says as he carries her. Aegis hears more clacking and sees more of the soldiers.

"Look out there's more!" She yells. Daniel sets Aegis down around the corner.

"Stay." He said, then smiles. "Time to put some bullets in these guys." He said. He peers out, seeing four soldiers.

"Heh...wish me luck." He said. "He takes a deep breath, then rolls across to the other side of the corridor, firing as he does, hoping to land a few shots, managing to shoot one in the neck and another in the knee. He hears the fall, screaming in pain. Aegis holds her damaged leg, which has been leaking oil onto the ground, and looks around the corner. She didn't hear one of the soldiers sneak up behind her until it was too late. She yelped as she was yanked by her neck as she looked at one of the solders holding her around her neck.

"HEY!!" He screamed. He rushed across the hall, hardly getting his armor scraped by a couple shots. "Put the pony DOWN!" He yells. Daniel holds his gun up to the soldier's head.

"Hurt a single hair on her head, you'll be dead!" He yelled. The soldier lets off an evil like laugh, then slices a large gash across Aegis's side, causing her to scream out in pain.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!" He roared. In a blind rage he tackles the soldier to the ground and begins to punch him till he passes out. He then unloads his pistol into his head, and quickly reloads, then checks around the corner to see the others fleeing.

(Suggested listening)

"Aegis..." He said. He drops down to her side, tearing up at her injured form. "I failed you!" He screams as tears fall from his face. Aegis twitches as she can hardly move, most of her side armor is torn as oil is cascading from the wound. Tears slip from his eyes as he holds her head in his lap. Aegis looks up at him with a small smile.

"Daniel..." She said softly.

"Aegis, d-don't talk, I... I can save you. J-just hold on." He said. She gives him a small nuzzle.

"Just hang in there Aegis, I can get you out of here and I can have you fixed up, good as new." He said. Aegis hears some sort of beeping and looks at the soldier, who is holding a large bomb that was attached to the soldier.

"Daniel...Look out..." She said as she gets up from his lap and jumps onto the bomb with all the energy she has left. She closes her eyes with a smile as the beeping became erratic.

"Thank you... Daniel. I...love...you." She said, just as there was a flash of light.

"AEGIS!! NNNOOOOO!!" He cried, reaching out to his beloved mare, and watches as her body is incinerated from the blast, taking most of it and he was thrown back into the wall. After the blast, all he saw was a gaping hole where Aegis was. He walks up to the crater and falls to his knees. Memories of Aegis popped into his head, the good times, the sad times, the time she was injured, and ending on the memory when she was activated for the first time.

"AEGIS!!!!" He wailed as he pounded the ground, tears flowing from his eyes. He cried his eyes out as he continued to bang the ground until he couldn't cry anymore and his right hand was raw.

"Aegis..." He whispers. Daniel lowered his head, noticing his gun in his hand. "I'm sorry..." He whispers. He lifts the gun to his head, and pulls the trigger.

BANG

TO BE CONTINUED