• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 2,452 Views, 76 Comments

Solace - Amit



Pinkie Pie stands vigil.

  • ...
14
 76
 2,452

Palliation

Pinkie held the plant she had been given in her hoof—not her teeth, she had been warned—as she came into Rainbow's room, and held it up. “Hey! Guess what Fluttershy gave me!”

Dash didn't put her head up. “Hey. What did she give you?”

“She said it was some kinda rooty snake. ”

She groaned, turning over a bit. “What happened to the cupcakes?”

“You know Twilight said you couldn't have 'em, you silly filly. Come on. Have a bite.”

She came closer, and saw Dash rolling her eyes. “Fine. Can't taste worse than rainbows.”

Pinkie Pie giggled and put the plant on the bed next to her. “That's the spirit.”

Dash moved her hoof about ten centimetres towards before she twitched a bit. “Ow.”

“It's okay, Dashie. I'll just—”

She glared up at her, and she stopped talking. “I'm not gonna be fed, Pinkie.”

It took a while for her to move her hoof over to the root, and a while more to bring it up.

She moved her jaws for a bit.

“I'm not feeling anything.”

Pinkie looked closer. “You didn't chew, silly.”

“What are you talking about? Look.” She did the motion again with her mouth open, biting down on the roots and rupturing none.

“Dash—you're not chewing hard enough.” Pinkie put her hoof near Dash's mouth and took some of the root. “Do you want some help?”

She didn't respond.

Pinkie put a hoof against the bottom of Rainbow's jaw, and one on top of her muzzle. She didn't protest.

The hooves began to push up and down a little.

They kept it up until some of the roots were being crushed between her teeth.

“Stop.”

The weak sound came out muffled by her full mouth. “What?”

“Stop.”

She stopped helping, and Dash spat the roots out. She was only strong enough for them to go a short distance. “It'll hurt less.”

Rainbow laughed. The sound was very hoarse. “Hurt less? Hurt less? I can't even chew 'em. How much do you think it hurts when you put your hooves on my muzzle and chew for me, huh? How do you think it hurts when I can't stand up myself? How do you think it hurts when Equestria's fastest flier can't even wash herself, when I can't even go to the—when I can't even—”

She fell silent. Pinkie quietly gathered the snakeroot from the bed.

“Do you want anything, Dashie?”

“Cupcakes. I want to eat some cupcakes, Pinkie.”

“Twilight said you couldn't, Dashie.”

Rainbow looked at her with tired eyes.

“I'll be right back with some.”