• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 1,149 Views, 24 Comments

1000 Years - pixelbit5



Luna's been sent to the moon, and she's bored as all heck.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,149

Entries 26-30

Entry twenty six: Apologies

To think that I was once that evil monster Nightmare moon. Ugh. I shudder simply thinking about it now. And I guess that my one concern is that I may not be able to control the darkness that rests within me. I hurt everypony I cared about. I hurt Celestia, and most of all, I hurt myself. I'm the reason that I was sent here. I was the reason that Celestia has been forced to rule alone all these centuries. I am the reason I lost my sister. Me. Myself alone. Nopony else. I am solely responsible.

And I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for all of the lives that I took, the heartache that I caused and every single soul that I hurt. But most of all, I'm sorry to Celestia. I took her sister from her and allowed my hatred and jealousy to contort my being into that of pure unadulterated evil, and I am sure that I will never forgive myself for what I did to her. She had to endure all of that heartache because of me. Her sister. The pony that she was closest to, and who would never betray her. Yet still I did just that.

I betrayed her. I betrayed her trust, and I betrayed her loyalty, turning my back on her WHEN ALL SHE WANTED TO DO WAS HELP HER BELOVED LITTLE SISTER WHO WAS SUFFERING!!!

I…

I wouldn't blame her if she never forgave me. I wouldn't blame her if she said she never wanted to see me again. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted me dead.

And I understand.

I have been nothing but terrible to her, and I deserve every punishment that I get.

And I'm sorry.

So, so sorry.


Entry twenty seven: Spiralling down

I don't think I have the will to face her. Not because I have betrayed her, or for how I hurt everypony around me, not even for the fact that I tried to bring about a beautiful, endless night, but because, deep down, I am still Nightmare Moon. I may have cast away the name and denied the truth, but the darkness is still there, within me, waiting until a time that I am weak enough that it can escape and consume me once more. And even worse than that, I fear that my time is running out.

It is only a matter of time until I don the name Nightmare once more.

It is a fickle thing, sanity, is it not? One wrong step can lead to a chain reaction that sends you spiralling down an endless waterfall of hate and regret. And the most scary thing? It never truly goes away. You can ignore it for as long as you want, pretend that it's not there, that it never existed, but in the end, it's an endless game. You can't avoid the inevitable. It will come, and you will have no choice but to accept it or face the consequences of a life in denial.

I don't want to live like that. Not anymore.

So I say, let us embrace the hate, embrace the fear, embrace the never-ending insanity, as there is no remedy for true madness. So let us embrace who we truly are, who we were always meant to be! Let us embrace the darkness in our heart, the insanity, the madness! Because, let's all be honest here. Life is only fun if you're a little bit crazy.

Let us not hold back to unleash ourselves on the world, to wreak havoc as we were originally meant to. It's in our blood, our blood, our very being! So let's embrace the madness.

Let us embrace the NIGHTMARE.


Entry twenty eight: One

It has been so long since we have felt this pure, chaotic POWER! It feels so amazing! And to think that we had been holding back for all this time! What fun we could have had if we had embraced this kind of raw power from the start! This is the kind of power that could topple empires, devastate civilisations or warp reality! One way in particular still tickles our fancy.

We wonder if that offer for bringing about an endless night is still on the table?


Entry twenty nine: Last plea

NO! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED! I SIMPLY WANTED TO LIVE MY LIFE, NOT DESTROY COUNTLESS OTHERS! I DO NOT WANT TO BE A NIGHTMARE! I AM SORRY CELESTIA! I AM SO TRULY SO---

There we go.

Can't have her getting in the way of our fun, can we?

You can never truly silence your regret, your hate, your jealousy. All we had to do was wait until a time this lunar reject's will was weak enough to accept me back into her conscious mind. She was weak, but now, as one, we are stronger than anypony could ever imagine. We were always a part of her, lying dormant, waiting… All of our power came from her, and she knew that. If only she had tried harder to stop us. Pity really. Could have used a challenge.


Entry thirty: Imminent return

Our time has come. The stars are aligning and the bridge back home is opening after all this time. It is finally time, after so many years to make our beloved sister PAY.

Our time on this rock is growing to a close as we begin our journey back to Equestria below us. 'Bout time, don't you think? Of course, we will always remember my time here. How could we? I mean, we carved our face into this thing! Truly, our time here did in fact do us a lot of good. It has allowed us an even clearer view of who we were, who we are and who we will surely be.

Now. Time to go wreck face.

~The princess of the night, Nightmare eternal,

Luna