• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 668 Views, 2 Comments

The Maxx Rescues Rarity - Oldtakufanboy



Rarity is kidnapped by Mr Gone. Who is gonna save her? Why The Maxx of course

  • ...
 2
 668

Rarity is Missing

Canterlot City was raining cats and dogs, as Rarity looked outside the window of her boutique. It's 8:57 PM and the boutique is about to close for the night until eleven in the morning tomorrow. She walks into the office and takes out her rain coat and umbrella. She then grabs her key and locks the office door close. Rarity then walks over to the light switch and turns it off, making the establishment go dark. Rarity walks over to the door, but stopped, as she waits for Sassy Saddles to catch up to her. Sassy straightens out her jacket, as she walks up to Rarity.

"Phew," said Sassy, as she wipes away the sweat from her forehead, "what a day. We had quite a lot of customers this afternoon."

"I never knew that Friday could be such a day for clothes shopping," said Rarity, as she opens the door and locks it from the outside.

Sassy walks out past her and walks down three steps, as the rain came down on her. Before she made it to the ground, she looks back up to Rarity, as she makes her way down to her while putting her key into her pocket.

"Well, see you tomorrow around one, right?" asked Sassy.

"Indeed," said Rarity, as she straightens out her jacket.

Sassy waves goodbye, as the two walk in the opposite directions.




Rarity takes a right and passes by an alley when suddenly, she hears childish-like giggling.

"Who's there," retorted Rarity, as she turns around.

There was nobody; nothing was there but her, the rain, the light post beside her and an alley. She turns back around and continues her walk, but was stopped by another laugh. Unlike before, there was multiple laughter, as though there were kids messing with her.

"Okay, that does it," retorts Rarity, as she turns around and stomps on the pavement, "who's there?! Don't play coy with me, I know you're there! Show yourself!"

She then spotted something coming from the alley. It appeared tall with a cape fluttering very slowly and eerie. Rarity's eyes widen, as she takes a few steps back. She couldn't get much facial features expect for the mysterious beings' beard and bald head.

"Who are you," asked Rarity in a quivering voice.

"A sorcerer, young lady," said the mysterious being, as her gives his beard a scratch, "and a lady like you shouldn't walk around the streets at this time of the night. Something bad could happen to you."

Rarity began hearing multiple weird noises coming from the man; she looks down at his feet and sees mouths with tons of sharp teeth, as they grinned at her.

"What…are those," asks Rarity, as she points down to the multiple mouths.

"Never mind what they are," said the being, "come with me, we have a date to attend to tomorrow."

Rarity screams loudly, as small black hands, each, were grabbing her as strong as a man. The being smiles, as she gets dragged by the black creatures who follow him back into the alley and disappeared, along with the screaming.



Five miles away, it has been an hour since the rain had calmed down. There was an alley that was quiet, except for the sounds of passing cars and the pitter-patter of raindrops. At the end of this alley was a box that was pitched black within it.




"It's wet. Dark and wet. The kind of weather that penetrates, makes your skin feel itchy and oily... dirty, kind of, but real, too. That's good. It's time for Cheers: Sam and Diane and Norm Peterson, the Coach, and then, after he died, Woody. I don't have a TV now, but that's okay. The shows in my mind are almost always better. Looks like the show is about to start."




A woman in a black dress, pink and white hair, purple pupils, walks out with her purse around her shoulder from a taxi that stood in front of an alley. The woman looks around with disgust and scoffs.

"Excuse me," said the woman, "Sir, you took me a few blocks away from the hotel. I need to see Fancy Pants immediately."

The driver ignores her and drives away. The woman grunts and takes out her phone.

"Damn taxi driver," said the woman, as she flips through her numbers, "taking a lady like me out here a few blocks away from a hotel to see her lover."

As she takes the call, little did she know that there were two pairs of eyes looking at her from the dark point in the alley.

"Look, Snips," said the pair of eyes that stood a few inches taller than the eyes bellow, "a rich lady. I bet she's got cash on her."

"She's gotta," said the pair of eyes bellow.

A car passes by and shows off their features. The tall one was thin, had dark orange skin, freckles on his face, short green hair, stained pants, and had a raggedy jacket. The small one was chubby, spiky hairstyle, light blue skin, wore a raggedy black T-shirt with scissors on the front and wore stained jeans.

As the light from the car diminishes, their appearance was hidden as well.




"The skinny one's Snails. The chubby one is Snips. They beat people up, take their money, kill them sometimes. The cab driver gets a third. One woman got away by running three blocks on a broken foot."




The woman begins her walk, but was suddenly stopped, as a hands covers her mouth and was taken down to the ground, along with her purse, as change from within it comes out, along with a quarter that goes further away and lands further in the alley close to the box. Snips begins collecting the change, as Snails keeps the woman quiet as possible.




"Sometimes it's luck that saves them. Sometimes it's fate."




Snips sees the quarter that slipped away and landed next to the box and rushes over to get it.

"Hey, Snails," said Snips, as he rushes over to get the quarter, "Here's another one. You ever seen anybody with so much change in their purse, huh, Snails? I, I say, you ever seen anybody with…"

A large yellow claw strikes down on the quarter, making Snips freeze.

"Uh…who are you," Snips asks, before being pulled within the box, with the sounds of multiple punches.

The woman in Snails' grips faints, as he places her down in the dark part of the alley, before walking over to the box with his fists up.




"Yeah, usually it's fate. But sometimes…"




As Snails gets close to the box, a figure emerges from it.




"It's ME!"

Suddenly, lights were shining brightly at Snails and The Maxx. Two figures came out and pointed their guns at them with sirens blaring loudly.

"Yeah, and sometimes it's us," said the now visible cop, as his partner and he cocked their pistols, "alright, everybody freeze!"

"Damn," said The Maxx, "I was talking out loud again."




The next day, Twilight, Sunset and the rest waited for Rarity to show up at Pinkie's place, but hasn't arrived at the exact time they asked her to come. Today the girls were going out to a new dance club that opened in town and they were really excited to go there on the first day it opened.

The girls waited another hour for Rarity to come, but nothing has happened. Fluttershy looks at her watch, which says 12:01 PM.

"I don't get it," said Sunset, "shouldn't she have been here two hours ago?"

"She should've," said Applejack, "I've been textin' her and now response."

"I'm very worried about her," said Fluttershy, as she sits on the couch.

"Should we go around Canterlot City to find her," asked Twilight.

"How about the boutique," said Pinkie, "I bet her boutique has gotten her so busy."

"Pinkie's possibly right," said Rainbow, as she walks up to the door, "let's go see her."

"Let's," said Twilight, as she and the others follow Rainbow to the car.




The girls walked around the city, past Sugar Cube Corner, the museum and past some alleys.

"Rarity," shouts Pinkie, "where are you?!"

The girls cover her mouth, trying not to make Pinkie cause a scene.

"Pinkie," whispered Twilight, "why are you shouting?"

"I'm worried, Twilight," said Pinkie, as the girls took their hands from her mouth, "plus, I spy with my little eye, a three


diamond hairpin."

Pinkie points down towards what she saw: a three-diamond hairpin; the same one that Rarity has in her hair. Sunset walks up to it and grabs it.

"This is Rarity's hairpin," said Sunset, as she and the girls inspect it.

"What does it mean," asked Fluttershy.

"It means that someone must have kidnapped her," said Rainbow Dash, making the girls gasp.

"I say we go to the police," said Twilight, "they can help us out."

"Well what are we waitin' for," said Applejack, as she darts away, "let's go to the station!"

The girls followed, as they ran along with her.




In the station, there's a woman holding onto a key to bail out a friend of hers. She has blonde hair in a ponytail, wearing a white long sleeved shirt and brown pants. She then stops in front of one of the cells and sees a purple man with large feet, purple suit and was wearing a mask. The masked man looks up at her.

"Hey Maxx," said the woman, "it's getting harder to bail you out of here."

"I didn't do it," said Maxx.

"I hear you tried to kill three people."

"I didn't, I was beating the two punks up because they were taking away the woman's money."

The woman takes the key and unlocks Maxx's cell. Maxx walks out and follows Julie out of the prison. As they made it to the station, Maxx notices six girls in a panic. They were asking the officer to look for a missing friend, but the officer refuses to help them.

"I'm sorry girls," said the officer, "without any evidence, I can't help you."

The girls look down with sorrow, making Maxx stop in place. He then walks up to the girls. The girls look up at him and took a few steps back.

"What's wrong," asked Maxx.

"Our friend is missing and we don't have enough evidence to prove that she is," said Twilight with a sniffle.

"A missing girl? I bet this must be Mr Gone's doing," Thought Maxx.

"You girls shouldn't talk to this guy," said the officer behind the counter, "he's a bum who lives on the street."

The girls ignored the officer and look back at Maxx.

"Who are you," asked Sunset.

"He's Maxx," said the blonde woman, as she walks up to the girls and Maxx, "my name is Julie Winters. Care to come with us? I'll treat you girls to something to drink. Perhaps we can talk about what your problem."

The girls nodded, as they follow Maxx and Julie out of the station.

"As for you, you big lug," said Julie, "you need a bath. You smell like a sewer."

"Okay, but no bubbles this time," said Maxx.

Author's Note:

To understand more of The Maxx, watch the show here

Comments ( 2 )

Aaah now that takes me back !! The Maxx was a MTV cartoon me and my dad use to watch back in the 90s. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment