• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 2,644 Views, 76 Comments

The Royal Foal-Hood - Uke-Joe



What will happen when Luna and Celestia try to raise a foal?

  • ...
3
 76
 2,644

Chapter 5

The Royal Foal-Hood Chapter 5

Uke-Joe

“Ahhh, what a wonderful night” thought Discord. He had just finished playing a game of pin the tail on the pony, with actual ponies, when an idea hit him. If that young stallion could control time, shouldn't he, Discord, one of the most magically powerful creatures in the history of Equestria, be able to do so also?

“I can't believe I've never thought of this! I should gather all the Discords and create even more Chaos!” He paused, in thought, “No... it's too risky to stay anyplace else where the holders of elements of harmony are able to defeat me.” Thoughts flew about in his head. “There has to be some way to create more chaos!”

“Aha!” a laugh escaped his lips, drawing attention from nearby ponies, who screamed in fear before they were turned into plants. “I can separate the elements of harmony in this realm! They won't be able to come back and defeat me if they are trapped in a whole different time!” He thought to himself.

He teleported himself back to where he had left the holders of the element of harmony frozen, and where he had left the young stallion that could stop time hornless. He unfroze each of the lements one by one and teleported them off to different places in time before they could even get a word out of their mouths. Magic, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and finally he teleported to Sweet Apple Acres to teleport Honesty. He chuckled to himself about his fail proof plan and ran off to check on where he had left the Princesses in the town hall. Entering through the top window, he arrived in Princess Celestia's room, where she was still frozen. Next to her room was Luna's room, which also had a frozen princess in it.

“Oh if only you could see your precious Canterlot. The ponies are currently enjoying a chocolate hurricane.” He laughed evilly, something that had never gotten old over the years. His laugh was interrupted by a whirring noise outside of the town hall. He glanced out the window just in time to see a blue box with a light on top of it disappear.

“Doctor” growled Discord. He would have something in store for the pesky time lord pony too. Smiling to himself, he disappeared in a flash and temporarily left a chaotic Equestria behind, promising to return to it soon.

***

“Ah just don't see how we can enter Ponyville right now! What if one of mah family recognizes me?”

Tate sighed to himself, and peeked out of the bush him and Applebloom were hiding in at the town. “I doubt anyone would recognize you, Applebloom. You haven't been born yet, remember?”

Applebloom frowned, “Oh...right.”

“Won't it be fun to see Granny Smith in her prime?”

“Ah guess so, plus the Zap apples are coming, so Ah'm sure they could use all the help they can get. Just keep in mind that we're her to get Applejack.”

Tate walked out of the bush and offered a hoof to Applebloom, which she accepted and stood up. They began to walk down the hill. “And why do you think Applejack is here?” Tate asked.

“Well... Ah guess yer right. It could be Fluttershy or Rarity or anypony else.”

They reached the center of Ponyville, which wasn't very much. After a quick glance in the rest of the town, this point. The had no trouble finding Sweet Apple Acres, and decided to start the search there.

“Ah hope nopony minds us just entering the farm.” said Applebloom.

“I have some bits if anypony asks us, we're just looking to buy some apples.” said Tate.

“Alright. Ah say we go check out the house first. We're bound to run into somepony there.”

They made their way over to the door and knocked. When no reply came, they tried opening it.

“Ah didn't even know we had locks on these doors. Stupid doors.” Applebloom kicked at the door.

“Come on Applebloom, lets try a different door.”

They found a cellar door in the back. Finding it unlocked, Tate opened it for Applebloom, and shut it behind himself after he entered behind her. He lit up his horn.

“Oh yeah, we don't keep apples down here, just cider” said Applebloom.

There was certainly enough cider in the cellar. Barrels were stacked all the way up to the top of it and completely filled the large cellar. Tate walked around the cellar, which took him quite a while. He checked around all the barrels and in a few, before determining that nopony was down there. Unfortunately he also saw no entrance up to the house in the cellar, and returned to where he had left Applebloom.

“Applebloom! What are you doing?!” Tate exclaimed.

Applebloom put down a half finished mug of cider. “Relax Tate, we won't be selling cider for a few months still!” She poured herself another cider, “Besides, Ah haven't had anything to eat since before Discord showed up!”

Tate was parched, not realizing it until now. It had probably been the better part of a day since they had a meal last. He helped himself to a mug of it too, and then another. Before long they were laughing and rolling in a pool of spilled cider.

“Now just what do we have here?” came a voice from the top of the cellar. Applebloom and Tate paused in their laughter, and clumsily rolled over onto their hooves. They looked over to by the entrance. A big, red stallion who clearly was where Big Mac got his genes from was blocking the doorway.

“Uh... We can explain?” offered Applebloom.

“Eeyup. Ah'm sure you'd like to explain why you're stealing cider from mah own cellar.” He glared at them, “Wheres yer families? Ah'll make sure they understand what's going on down here.”

Tate was about to offer an explanation, but nothing could probably convince the stallion that they were actually traveling through time and were just looking for a friend when they found themselves surrounded by thirst quenching cider. Seeing their avoidance of the question, the stallion spoke again, “Ah. runaways or something like that? Well Ah don't take to kindly to stealin', but seeing as it's Zap Apple season anyways, Ah'll be sure to get yer payment out of you one way or another. Y'all can stay here for the night and work it off tomorrow”

He led them outside, where it had grown dark already, and into the barn. He tossed some hay from a pile onto the floor.

“Like Ah said, Y'all can stay here for now, Ah doubt yer in any state to run off anyhow.” He chuckled, “Ah'll be back tomorrow to make sure, and then yall can get to work. Best get to sleep now, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.”

He left them there, and shut the barn door behind them. It was true, they were far too tired to even consider running away. Tate could have just paid for the cider, but he decided he could do that tomorrow if necessary.

“Sorry Tate, Ah figured they wouldn't find us down there.”

“It's alright I guess. At least we got a free room for the night.”

Applebloom laughed, “You'll hardly be saying this room was free once yer done tomorrow. Ah'm sure they're gonna put us to work!”

They both decided going to sleep was a smart idea, so they laid themselves by the pile of hay.

***

Apples. That was all Tate could think of. He whispered “Apple” in his head. He tasted Apples. He smelled the smell of Apples. He dreamed of the most red, delicious, beautiful apple in history. He took a bite of the apple and- “CLANG! Up and at 'em sleepy heads!”

Tate opened his eyes, and hurriedly spit out the strands of his friends Apple cider soaked mane. He scampered away from his drowsy friend and struggled to get out of his pile of hay. He must have rolled over in his sleep. Either way, he was glad Applebloom was clearly unconscious still. That changed when another Clanging noise sounded from the front of the Barn. She sprang to her hooves and hopped onto the top of the pile of hay/

“Move yer caboose! Get to feeding the pigs and then come on inside and help yerself to some pancakes.”

He looked up and over at the barn doors. Standing there was an green mare, who looked strangely familiar, although he couldn't quite place it.

“GRANNY SMITH!” Applebloom did the recognizing for him. She jumped up and had barely stopped herself from leaping onto Granny Smith before realizing she was probably a complete stranger to the green mare who was no older than Applejack.

“Uh, hello there! Anyways just get a move on and Ah'll see you all back in the house when yer done. We've got a full day of Zap Apple chores to get to.” Granny Smith exited the barn.

Tate caught up to Applebloom, who showed him to where the pigs were. As it turned out not much had changed on the farm in all the years it had been there. Once they finished with that they headed back to the farmhouse.

“Ah thought Ah told you to make pancakes! What is this?!” Tate and Applebloom hurried in the house.

A pink mare simply smiled, “Cupcakes! Everypony loves cupcakes! They're like pancakes except better! I even added some of your apples to them!”

“PINKIE PIE!” Applebloom and Tate shouted. They ran over to where she was standing.

Pinkie Pie looked over and gasped, “Hi Applebloom and Tate! I thought you were off fighting Mr. McMeanypants Discord!” Pinkie bounced over to the pair of young ponies and gave them a

Tate laughed, “It's kind of hard to do that without the elements of Harmony Pinkie. We're still looking for everypony else.”

The Stallion who had found Tate and Applebloom the night before walked up to them, “You know these kids, Pinkie?”

Pinkie Pie giggled, “Yup! Applebloom's grandmother is actually-Mmph!”

Tate and Applebloom both reached to cover Pinkie's mouth, “Uh, mah Grandma is, uh, good friends with Pinkie! Yeah! They share recipes sometimes.”

The stallion looked a little skeptical of them, but decided not to push it. “Well Pinkie here sure is one of the best cooks Ah've ever had the pleasure to meet! These cupcakes are better than any pancake Ah've ever tasted!”

Pinkie Pie just smiled, “I just love Cupcakes! So are these the kids you said you found in the cellar yesterday?”

“The very same. Good thing Ah didn't catch them getting into any of the stronger stuff, or they wouldn't have had it so easy in the barn last night.”

Tate was about to say something about the barn not being that great either, but decided against it, “We're sorry about that sir, we were just looking for Pinkie here and got carried away, I have the bits to pay for the cider right here.”

“Well why didn't you say so last night?” The large Stallion snorted.

Tate gave the Stallion the bits and took a cupcake offered to him by Pinkie. He and Applebloom sat down at the table and waited for Pinkie to join them.

“So, whats the plan now, Tate?”

Tate shrugged, and helped himself to another Cupcake, “I don't know, to be honest. I hoped that whoever we found here would have some clues.”

Pinkie grabbed a plate full of cupcakes and bounced into a chair right in between Applebloom and Tate. “Pinkie, you wouldn't happen to have any idea where we should go to next do you?”

Pinkie wolfed down a cupcake before responding, “Sure do!” Pinkie flipped him a piece of paper. “Can't we wait until after Zap Apple harvest though? I promised I'd help make some Zap Apple jam with Granny Smith.”

Tate shook his head, “Sorry Pinkie, but every second wasted is another second Discord gets stronger!”

Pinkie Pie frowned, “Well, can't I stay here then? Won't it be easier for just the two of you to go?”

Tate shrugged, “If you want to Pinkie. We can just send everypony we find back here your way.”

“Okie-Dokie-Lokie!”



Tate and Applebloom said goodbye to Pinkie and the Apple family and walked outside. They waved goodbye to the farm workers and Granny Smith as they headed for the gates.

“That wasn't so hard! Ah bet we'll be done by this time tomorrow if everypony is as easy to find as Pinkie. Ah mean, all we have to do is teleport all across Equestria, teleport a bunch of ponies over here, and then teleport them over to go have mah sis' an all her friends go zap Discord, an then we'll be Heros! Maybe we, uh, Ah mean, maybe that;s mah Cutie Mark! Being a Hero!” Tate cringed at the thought of using that much magic while his horn was still recovering. He was going to need a long nap after teleporting eight ponies back to his time area, that was for sure.

Tate open the gate and followed Applebloom through it, starting down the road. “What would that even look like?” They thought about it for a minute, but neither of them had an idea.

Once out of view of the barn, Tate suddenly grabbed Applebloom by surprise and teleported them away in a flash of light.

Comments ( 6 )

Chapter 5!
(My editor will be by to clean this chapter up soon:pinkiehappy:)

I feel okay about this chapter, and spent a bit of time trying to clear some issues I had with the story up until this chapter. I had a bit of a hard time but I honestly feel better about the story now, and will post the next chapter before too long. I feel like the chapter might be a bit boring, but it got the story moving and out of my slump.

That being said, the next chapter is done, and I will post tomorrow or the next day.

(clears throat) MOAR MOAR MOAR DAMN IT MOAR

924492 Anything for you, Spark:heart::rainbowwild:

The next chapter MIGHT be online tomorrow my editor is just busy. Who needs to go out on dates with their girlfriend when they can edit my story?!??!?

924506 true but i have about 200 editors so :yay:

Login or register to comment