• Published 17th Jun 2016
  • 1,001 Views, 6 Comments

Things That Crawl In The Night - Sparkletop Rainbows



Sweetie Belle had always been scared of thunderstorms. But not as this scared when she finds something under her bed. But she is shocked to find out it wasn't what she had expected it to be.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,001

The Thundering Rain

The cracking sound scared the life out of Sweetie Belle. She shivered under her blanket, her face displayed a terrified look. The thunder roared like a mighty beast. "Don't be afraid, Sweetie, it's just a storm," Sweetie Belle told herself.

"Or not."

Sweetie Belle yelped in surprise and fell onto the hard floor. "Apple Bloom? Scootaloo? What are you two doing here?"

"We snuck in and thought we'd drop by," Scootaloo answered, grinning.

"Um, don't you think it's a little creepy to break into somepony's house in the middle of the night?" Sweetie asked.

"Not at all!" Scootaloo replied with another grin.

The thunder roared once more, scaring the skins off of the three fillies.

"I-I'm sure it'll pass away," Sweetie said between shaky breaths.

"But what it leaves behind stays forever," Apple Bloom said.

"What?" Sweetie questioned.

"Haven't ya heard of the old pony's tale?"Apple Bloom asked. Sweetie shook her head in response.

"Allow me to tell you," Scootaloo began. "On a dark, stormy night, just like this one, there lived a little filly. Her name was Cotton Seed. And Cotton Seed was heck terrified of thunderstorms. Once the thunderstorm was gone, she thought she'd be safe, but she wasn't!"

"Dun, dun, dun!" Apple Bloom added for dramatic effect.

"That night, Cotton Seed heard a sound. The sound of creaking and tapping. She felt that somepony else was in the room. She checked everywhere, but she heard the sounds coming from underneath her bed. But her curiosity got the best of her, so she went to check it out, but she shouldn't have!"

"Dun, dun, dun!" Apple Bloom added again.

"There was something strange, Cotton Seed couldn't quite make out its shape. She didn't know what it was. Out of curiosity, she put her hoof underneath to touch it, bu she shouldn't have!"

"Dun dun du-" Apple Bloom got cut off by Sweetie Belle, who put her hoof in front of heer mouth with a bemused look on her face.

"The moment Cotton Seed touched the thing, it's eyes glowed an eery white. Cotton Seed screamed as she was pulled over into the dark depths where the creature took her. And from that night forward, nopony ever heard from Cotton Seed again," Scooaloo finished.

Suddenly, the three fillies heard creaking and tapping in Sweetie's room. They went to search for the sound's source and found that it came from under Sweetie's bed.

Sweetie gulped. "Just like in the story," she whispered nervously.

When the three little ponies peered under the bed, they saw nothing bot an unformed creature of darkness. Sweetie couldn't help. She had to touch it, she just had to. "I'm sorry, I can't help myself!"

"Nooo!" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo both yelled together in unison as Sweetie's hoof touched the darkness. In an instant, it's eyes flipped into a bright light, just like in the story. The fillies braced themselves for the horror they expected to faced, but after a few moments, nothing happened. The fillies slowly and reluctantly opened their eyes, only to see a chubby, fat pony before them.

"Hiya fellas, I'm Bob!" The thing said. It looked goofy, like a clown. It wore a silly smile and expression.

"Huh?" Sweetie Belle asked in confusion.

"I'm the thing under your bed!" The thing, or Bob, said.

"I don't understand..." Sweetie said.

"Ya see, fellas, there's a little thing called a storm. And while the storm's goin', it gives life to the very thing that is under some filly and colt's bed. After the storm leaves, the new life gets to see the world for the very first time!" Bob explained.

"Wait, but what about Cotton Seed? The monster snatched her and probably ate her," Scootaloo asked.

"Oh, ya talkin' 'bout Lil' Ol' Cotty? She's doin' fine. In fact, she's havin' a blast! Not every filly and colt can have their very own Lil' friend like me. Only the lucky ones do. And we aren't monsters, we're just friends!" Bob said.

"So... you're my... friend?" Sweetie asked hesitantly.

"Yup! And now we're all gonna be best friend forever!" Bob tightly hugged all three of the fillies. They struggled to get out of his iron grip.

"What am I going to tell Rarity?" Sweetie said.

"Oh, and that's the fun part! Us friends can be kept us secret Lil' buddies!" Bob said enthusiastically

"Okay, Bob... So what can you friends do?" Sweetie asked.

"Oh we each have our own things, but I can fart rainbows!" Bob demonstrated by tooting out a little rainbow gas.

"Cool!" Scootaloo commented.

"I'm pretty much known for my rainbow farts. A lot know me as Bob The Unicorn!" Bob said.

"Aha!" Twilight burst through the window, shattering all the glass.

"Rarity's gonna kill me for this," Sweetie groaned. "Twilight, don't you think it's a little creepy barging into somepony's house in the night?"

"Not at all!" Twilight replied.

Twilight stepped aside and examined Bob. "Finally, I've caught one!"

"Caught what?" Scootaloo asked.

"One of them!"Twilight enthusiastically pointed towards Bob. "Ever since I was a filly, I always heard something crawling in the night. I'd always hide under my blankets to wait out the storms until the sounds were gone. But one night I finally had it! I knew I had to get to the bottom of this. So I braved up and went to check under my bed. Using my flashlight, I pointed it under the bed, only to find a deformed creature of darkness . A moment later, it was gone. I've always heard the stories of other fillies seeing that thing under their beds, but I never saw any of them under my bed ever again."

"But finally, finally, I've got one!" Twilight let a greedy smile cross her face.

"W-what are you going to do with Bob?" Sweetie asked nervously.

"Oh, just a few little exams. And maybe even dissection," Twilight said with An evil smile.

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Sweetie Belle screeched. "YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM!"

"What is all this ruckus about?" A very irritated voice asked.

"Rarity!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

Rarity's eyes widened at the sight. "Twilight, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, what are you doing here?" Then she gasped, pointing to Bob. "What is that thing?"

"Oh, this is my new friend, Bob!" Sweetie Belle chirped.

Suddenly, Bob's horn flashed a blinding white light. Moments later, he was gone.

"Ughhh, what happened?" Twilight asked.

Rarity rubbed her forehead. "I don't know. And Twilight, you should head home now. I don't think I would be very comforable having somepony break into my house."

"Alright," Twilight began. "I don't know what I was doing here, anyway," she muttered.

"Apple Bloom, Scootaloo?" Rarity began. "What are you two doing here?"

"Umm..." Scootaloo racked her brain for a lie.

"We're... having a sleepover. Yeah, a sleepover!" Sweetie Belle answered.

"I don't remember being informed about it," Rarity said.

"That's because..." Sweetie Bele began, thinking of what to say. "You... forgot! You ate trukey for dinner, so you fell asleep and forgot!"

"Sweetie Belle, I'm vegan. We all are," Rarity replied.

"Uhhh, I mean..." Sweetie Belle began. She started to rush up her words.

"YouwenttothespaandScootalooandAppleBloom'ssisterscameandtoldyouandyouagreedbut thenyougottootiredandwenttosleepbutthenDiscordputaspellonyoubecausehethoughtitwouldbefunny,sothat'showyouforgotthatAppleBloomandScootaloowerecomingover!"

Rarity shrugged. "Works good enough for me."

Suddenly, Bob appeared by their side. "Where were you? And how come nopony remembered you except us?" Scootaloo asked.

"That's because I cast a spell. Only the ponies who have me as their friend can remember me. But now we have to keep this our little secret, okay?" Bob said.

"Okay!" The CMC answered in unison.

"Now we can go on adventures to Candy Land, eat jelly beans, and slide on magical talking rainbows!" Bob exclaimed.

"Yay!"

Author's Note:

Fun fact: Bob was created a few years back with my friend. He was the unicorn who farted rainbows and was the king of Candy Land. He also was the world's number #1 fan of jelly beans. I've decided to recreate him in this slightly different version. You can see more of Bob if you request! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 6 )

This was... something else. Pretty funny nonetheless.

Also, more Bob would be most welcome. :pinkiesmile:

The thunder roared once more, scaring the skins out all the three fillies.

I think you were looking for "scaring the skins off of the three fillies"

Does Bob have a picture somewhere?

This a funny little story! :pinkiehappy:

yeah I'm good with that the randomness threw off the comedy spectrum a bit

Login or register to comment