• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 530 Views, 44 Comments

Equestria’s Rebellion Of Heroes - typervader



Three unlikly heroes must bind together to stop an ancient cult from bringing war unto Equestria. Join Eclipse, a freelance dark mage, Hot Shot, a retried day guard, and Crescent Blade, a bat-pony night guard. Join the three heroes on their quest!

  • ...
1
 44
 530

Losing and Assuming Control

“Hello, Lieutenant.” Twilight stood tall in full Princess attire; clearly, she was trying her best to appear regal. “I just have a few questions for you.”


“Sorry, Princess Sparkle, but Lt. Blade needs to see a medic.” Squeaky pointed to the burnt side of his chest. “He was injured by one of those monsters.”


“Oh, don’t worry. I’ve got him.” Starlight’s horn glowed and the pain Crescent had felt started to disappear as the glow spread from his wound to his entire body.


“Huh?” Crescent removed his leg from Squeaky Clean. The pain was gone; he was able to fully move again.. He grumbled as he tried to give Starlight a smile that didn’t look forced. “Thank you.”


“Oh, no problem, I’ve been healing the injured guards since the attack ended.” Starlight, a cocky tone in her voice.


“I heard three were seriously injured. Are they okay?” Squeaky asked which made Starlight’s mood drop.


“Currently one of them is in a comatose state,” she said, looking down at her hooves “The other two are on life support at the moment. They may have been permanently paralyzed ”


Crescent gulped as he tried to hide his guilt. “Do you think they’ll make it?”


“They’ve been moved to the upper hospital where professionals are working day and night,” she said, noticing the gloomy vibe “I understand you worked closely with some of them. But I’m sure they’ll make it.”


“And that’s why we came to see you.” Twilight looked Crescent right in the eye. “Before he slipped into his coma, the guard described a third attacker.”


“Yeah?” Crescent tried to play dumb.


“No one else saw this one, but I think you might be able to shed some light.” Twilight ruffled her wings “And the info guards told us you went to the vault to see if it was okay, and no one had seen you for nearly an hour only for you to suddenly pop up saying one of them sneaked attack you.”


“What are you implying?” Crescent said, with a growl that made a chill pass down Squeaky’s spine.


“Princess, what you are implying can’t be true! Why would he help them?” Squeaky spoke, her voice squeaking a bit.


“What i’m implying is that the third attacker was the one who snuck up on him.” Twilight spoke giving them an odd look. “Since according to the guards we’ve been helping the other attackers were nowhere near the vault at the time. Crescent snorted in annoyance at her.


“No i wasn’t attacked by the third one i didn’t see him, i was attacked by Eclipse she teleported in blasting me and when she teleported out i tried to tackle her ending up in some random hallway spending an hour crawling to the info guys.” Crescent snarled at her before turning away from the two mares in mock offence.


“You say a him?” Twilight’s eyes narrowed “Because for someone who hasn't seen the third one, you know his gender when i didn't say it.”


“I use him as a general term” He smiled nervously “Haven’t you ever hear of gender assumption?”


“That’s fair but i nearly forgot something.” Twilight’s horn flared capturing him in her telekinetic hold.


“Eclipse putting a mind control spell on you!” Starlight yelled teleporting in front of Crescent shooting a magic beam right for his head. ”This dispel beam might give him a migraine, but we’ll free him-WHAT!?”


Almost like his hooves weren’t restrained at all he raised them in time to block the beam. ”Wait no i didn’t!”


Crescent opened his previously clenched eyes to see the black armored gauntlets that shielded his face and Twilight’s telekinetic hold now shattered like glass. His eyes wide in shock he stared at Starlight and Twilight were glaring at him. But his heart felt a sharp sting of guilt as Squeaky Clean stared up at him with tear filled eyes. “You killed..our fellow...guards!”


“Wait let me explain!” Crescent tried to explain as a beam from twilight struck him in the back knocking him to the ground.


“Hold him down, whatever spell she used must be strong!.” Starlight yelled trying to blast Crescent’s head his gauntlets buffering the beams and starting to shake as Twilight tried to force his limbs down.


”YoU fOOl You BLeW yOuR CoVER!” Crescent felt with sharp sting in his mind with each word of the voice. Crescent rolled over and managed to get to his hind hooves before Twilight telekinesis forced him into a corner as Starlight continued to blast him her beams painfully striking his hind legs and sides.


”DEFenD YoUrSElf you FoOl, EVeN WithOut yOUR coVeR yOUr StiLL of Use to usE US!” The voice shouted as Crescent felt a tingle all over his body and soon slowly more his armor started to cover his body piece by piece. And as the attacks kept on coming his armour still thickened layer after layer.


’No..i..don’t want to hurt them!”


“WE WILL NOT HAVE OUR ‘resource’ WASTED DYING LIKE A CORNERED RAT!” With a painful roar from Crescent the helmet jaw snapped closed forming around his head With a mighty roar Crescent grabbed the marble column ripping it from floor and ceiling before tossing it like a javelin at Starlight. And with a green flash of her teleportation telling him she dodged Crescent jumped out of a stain glass window.


”EsCApe tHe cITy NOw!” Crescent jumped to a nearby lower and with the help of two small blades on the wrists of his hooves clung to the tower stabling himself. ”GeT tO ThE CitY liMiTs aN AgENt wIlL bE waiTIng To Teleport yOU!”


Before Crescent could jump twin beams of of purple and green connected with him with the force of a steam engine train. Sent flying from the tower and through another smaller lookout tower Crescent crash landed into a courtyard within the castle walls.


“Uhhh...” Crescent moaned in pained feeling every part of his body stinging with pain. With his cloudy vision he could some pieces of his armor were now broken off even the right side of his helmet now in parts somehow still connected to his suit by tiny strings.


”...tiny..chains?” Crescent could swear with his returning vision he could see the tiny chains pull the broken parts back to him. He heard a gasp and turned to see a more than a massive group of guards standing there both young and old some wearing full armor other in trainee gear they all stared at him a lot of them easily recognizing him by the exposed gold slitted eye and tufts of red and blue mane that was open to the world by the broken helmet. Crescent groaned as the thought hit him like Twilight and Starlight’s beam. ”I’m in the training grounds aren’t i.”


“Attention all available guards!” Twilight's voice ringed out throughout the castle with the help of the royal canterlot voice. “Lt. Crescent Blade is a traitor, he was the third attacker capture him at all costs!”


“Raah” Crescent yelled as a poorly thrown spear cut his cheek. The spear thrown by a young trainee barely out of colthood glaring at Crescent with all the hate he could muster.


“You bastard those were my friends you hurt!” Crescent reached out his hoof toward the colt.


“Wait i can-” Crescent was stopped short as a throwing axe bounced off his still repairing helmet sending a wave a pain through his sore body. He turned and saw an older noble looking pony most likely the son of some higher up.


“I knew we couldn't trust a foul half bat pony mongrel.” With a quick use of magic he tossed a warhammer with enough force knock crescent over to his side. “There entire our nothing more than foul beasts, having a horn instead wings makes him no different!”


“No i was for-” Crescent was cut off as a beam blue magic bounced of his shoulder armor. He looked up and saw a line of unicorns and archers lining the walls surrounding the courtyard.


”ThEy'Re nOt EvEN bOTherInG TO LiSTeN tO You.” Even with his armor repairing itself Crescent could feel every impact of every magic beam arrow and throwing weapon they felt like throwing at him.


“Traitor!”


“Freak!”


“Monster” Crescent could hear among many other insults shouted at him.


”HoW EAsilY THeY tUrN oN yoU, TIme AfTEr tImE YoU'vE ProVEn YoUR LOyalty To EqUEstrIA.” The iny chains pulled his chest piece back together fully repairing it. His right forearm armor was no longer filled with holes as the pauldron snapped into place.


”IT’s aLmOSt lIKe AlL tHEsE YeArS aNd NOthIngS ChANgeD.” Crescent mumbled as he rolled over onto his knees his back now being pelted with attacks.


“How..would..you..know.” Crescent spoke each word in between a grunts of pain.


”As SOoN aS YoU PUt on ‘our’ ArMOR i GoT AcCess to yOUr mind.” The tiny chains started to pull his helmet back together starting seal up the hole that revealed his identity.


“W..What?” Crescent’s eyes went wide.


”HoW is IT anY DiFferEnt thEN WhEN yoU WeRE A SMALL WEAK WITTLE colt!” Crescent’s eyes became bloodshot as he felt something tug on his mind.


”BEcause STALLION Or colt THeY WiLL DEspISe YoU anD HaTe YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU do.” A distorted laugh resounded in Crescent’s mind as he felt the grip on his mind. ”just like BEFORE!”


A small little black colt with a tidy black and red mane shook in fear. The sunglasses he was using to protect his slitted eyes lay smashed under hoof one of the hooves of the taller unicorn filly and colt that had backed him into the corner that he cowering in.


“Pl..please...i..wasn’t..doing anything.” The little scared colt stuttered out his furry ears folded back in fear.


“We beg to differ!” A filly snapped making him jump.


“What makes you think you can walk in here, like you're a real unicorn!” A colt yelled getting spit on the black colts face.


“I..got accepted.” The taller ponies released a chorus of laughter at what he stuttered out.


“You seem to be mistaken, This is Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns.” A filly said using her magic to toss the busted frame of the sunglasses in his face.


“This is not the everfree, home for Nightmare moon’s dog’s!” The little colt held a hoof to his head feeling the blood coming from the new cut between his eyes.


“Please leave me alone!” the little colt cried.


“No, little dumb monsters need to learn their lessons!”


“Please!” The colt weeped openly as he curled into a fetal position. “Just...just...just..leave..me...”


“AALLLOONNNAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!”

Crescent raised to his hind hooves releasing a deep guttural screech that shook all the guards freezing them in fear. As his he continued to release his guttural screech the jaws of his helmet snapped open revealing a set of teeth that could put any dragons to shame. The blank eye’s of the helmet glowed a golden yellow with the gold of his armor shining bright.


”Oh NO.” The voice said in mock shock. ”He’S GOING berserk.”


The beast that was Crescent dashed forward grabbing the noble guard by foreleg holding the prissy guard up the golden glare burrowing a hole in his soul.


“Please...i’m sorry i..i..i-AAAHHHH” The noble guard in absolute pain as ever bone in his leg was broken by Crescent roughly twisting it like a pretzel barely stopping short of ripping the limb.off. “Please i don’t want to-”


His plea was never heard as Crescent’s new metal maw sinked its metal teeth into his neck and torso. Any blea he had became garbled as he started to choke on his own blood one of the dagger teeth piercing right through his windpipe.


“Oh sweet Celestia.” Starlight looked on in shock as Crescent tossed the pony who was now more ragdoll then guard through a window of the second floor.


“Call the damn Elites!” A random guard shouted as a pegasus nodded and flew off. Crescent pointed his hoof quickly at the flying guard and a chain shot off from his wrist. The chain grew hot as it wrapped itself around the guards leg. Crescent yanked the chain hard enough to bring the stallion to him before uppercutting the pegasus with his hoof, shattering the pegasus’s armor as he was sent flying upwards.


“RAH!” Crescent growled as the chain glowed red turning into a large dagger. With a snarl a second appeared in his other hoof and with a punch sent the dagger flying a chain connecting it to his gauntlet.


“Aw shit!” One of the archers cursed as the dagger punched through his bow and cutting through his wing as he barely managed to dodge in time.


“I’ll...make...make.” Crescent said his voice making each work sounding like a guttural snarl. He leaped on to the nearest pony not noticing or caring about the magic beams connecting with his back.


He punched the pony with the daggers repeatedly the gold shining brighter with drool and dribble as his metal maw seemed to grow a smile. “I’ll make you-”


“Pay!”The colt with his mane now wild and a sick grin spreading across his lips was sitting on the one of taller ponies punching the them repeatedly not caring or noticing his now much redder hooves.


“I’ll make you pay!” His punches became more wild and uncontrollable as the slits in his eyes becoming thinner and thinner.


“HAHAHAHA”


Crescent released what sounded like a foal’s laugh if it been dragged through a gravel road as he stood up from the new corpse his daggers abandoned in it somewhere in the corpse. Another guard try to charge him from behind before from a single swipe from his blade tipped tail cut the sneak attacker down.


“Enough!” Crescent raised his hooves in time to block the twin beams of Starlight and Twilight both glaring as they increased the intensity of their attacks pushing Crescent back. With a roar two sword hilts grew from his hooves and stomped his hind hoof to the ground sending sending out a magic shockwave that knocked the two mares and bystanders away.


”ThE DEaTh Of The PRinCesS A peRfeCt RedEMptiOn FOr YoUR failurE.” Crescent combined the two hilts filled with Starlight’s and Twilight’s magic forming a massive double edged blade each side of the blade the color of the Princess and her pupil's.


“Someone blast him alre-” The stallion and his entire contingent of unicorns and archers as they were disintegrated to ash from a wave of destructive purple and green magic sent from Crescents new blade.


“Starlight, restraint spells!” Twilight yelled before both her and her students horns glowed in unison and in a second a purple bubble formed over Crescent a green symbol formed under him and green roped started to grow from it ensnaring Crescents hooves.


“RRRAAAHH!” With a roar and the gold of his armor shining even brighter he slammed his sword to the ground making the stone beneath beneath him with magical energy destroying both the mare’s spells. The resulting shockwave caused a tremor to pass through the entire castle making the non-flying archers and ranged caster’s scream as they fell to their deaths the shockwave knocking them off of their vantage points.


“Just what is with that armor!?” Starlight yelled her diamond shield bracing her against the shockwave staring in shock as a crater formed under Crescent. With the shock wave over Starlight walked to crater glaring down at the the now panting Crescent the shine of his armor dying as the sword he had embedded into ground disappeared into dust.


”YoUR oUT OF magic ALREADY!” Starlight looked down at Crescent who fell to the ground feeling the sting of the voice in his head. ”YoU OWe us LITTLE vesper FOr THIS exposure.”


A ripple formed in the sky before the ripple turned into a tear as gold blur flew out of it and landed on on Starlight knocking her to the ground.


“At least i got to hurt this jail out free card holder.” The pegasus in gold gleaming armor and with feathered wings as black as a starless sky gloated before kicking Starlight into a nearby wall. “But i got take care of our card holder.”


The gold stallion flew to the collapsed Crescent grabbing the much larger armored stallion and slinging him over his shoulder. With a single flap he easily raised into the air. “Try to remember this princess, next time you see me him or one of our armored comrades.”


He raised back to the rip into the sky his disguised voice chuckling. “You’ll die.”

Comments ( 4 )

So the story is going well? That's good to hear

7799553 Sorta, progress has kinda halted

7799988 Aw, that sucks. Is there something wrong with the way the collab works?

7800060 People just stopped wrting

Login or register to comment