• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 902 Views, 33 Comments

Nights: Discharge - Tunefulsubset72



Nights. A name that haunts me, I have no memories of my past, all I know is that I'm a freak and people are after me

  • ...
12
 33
 902

Why so serious?

"So why do we have to see this Hank guy?" I asked as we got into Spitfire's car."Also who is he exactly?"

"You know I have another job outside of the Wonderbolts right?" Spitfire asked as I nodded." Hank is the guy I work for."

"Are you talking about the job that your not allowed to talk about?" I asked as Spitfire sighed." I take that as a yes."

"The company I work for is known as the D.E.O." Spitfire said as I looked at her confused." Department of Extra normal Operations we deal with people like you with powers, dimensions, and planets."

"So anything...not human." I said as Spitfire looked at me nervously." Anything else I should know?"

"He works with Supergirl sometimes." Spitfire said as I looked at her." and He's also Martian Manhunter."

"So I'll be working with two superheroes then?" I asked as Spitfire nodded." Song is going to flip."

"Why?" Spitfire asked.

"She's a fan of Supergirl." I said as I leaned back in my seat." Kinda wish we didn't have to do this."

"Don't worry." Spitfire said as I looked out the window." Hank's a great guy, he'll help you, I promise."

"Or lock me away." I said as Spitfire looked at me confused then looked back at the road." This D.E.O sounds a lot like a place they lock away aliens."

"They only do that if the alien is a threat." Spitfire said." And I promised that they won't do that to you."

"I hope so." I said quietly as I closed my eyes as I fell asleep to make the long ride quicker.

---Dreamscape---

"This is new." I said as I found myself in a white void. Probaly another nightma... my thoughts were interrupted as I moved my hand, which was now a hoof." I'm either high or drunk." I said as I tried to stand on my two legs only to fall down." Something's not right." I said I looked over myself, and realized that I was a pony." Well.......this could still be a nightmare."

"This is not a nightmare." a voice said coming from all around me." So do not be alarmed young Wingfeather."

"Okay, voices inside someone's head is the first sign of insanity." I said trying to find the source of the voice." And last time I checked, I'm sane."

"Your sanity is fine." the voice said as I sighed with relief." Let me introduce myself, I am Princess Luna."

"I thought you were a vice principal." I said as it turned around to see a blue alicorn." What am I looking at right now?"

"Like I said my name is Princess Luna." Luna said as my eye twitched." And you are in the dreamscape."

"But why are we ponies?" I asked looking at my hooves.

"Because I managed to breach our two realms momentarily so I could talk to you." Luna said as the void turned black and filled with stars." I also come from the same world as you do young Wingfeather."

"One, my name is Nights." I said after being annoyed by being called 'young Wingfeather'." and second, your from Annieria too?"

"I am not, I come from Equestria." Luna said as her horn glowed and a planet appeared in between us." This is our home, planet Equis, and this.." She said as a country glowed blue."...is Equestria, my home."

"This is one beautiful planet." I said as I looked at the image." Can you show me Annieria?" I asked." I'm asking because..."

"You want to try to remember your past." Luna said finishing my sentence." I can and I will." she said as another country glowed blue, it was much smaller Equestria, and it was surrounded by water." This is your home, the shining isle."

"Thanks." I said as I looked at Annieria." But I wish this would help me remember."

"This won't." Luna said as I looked at her." but I know what can."

"You can help me?" I asked as Luna nodded." How?"
"With a certain type of spell." Luna said as I looked at her confused." I understand your confusion, But this spell will help you remember."

"What will happen other then getting my memories back?" I asked as Luna horned glowed." anything bad?"

"You'll wake up." Luna said as she touched the tip of her horn to my head." Be prepared for what your about to see."

---Real world---

" Hey Nights, wake up." Spitfire said as I began to wake up." We're almost there." she said as I opened my eyes and looked out the window." Just a few more minutes."

"Thanks." I said as I leaned forward rubbing my head." What time is it?"

"About midnight." Spitfire said as she turned down a gravel road." Sleep well?"

"I did actually." I said then remembering what happened." I had a weird dream."

"About what?" Spitfire asked concerned." Was it a nightmare?"

"No, it was...." I trailed off sadly." I remember."

"Your dream?" spitfire asked." Or..."

"Everything." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek." From my home's destruction, to my fathers death, I remember it all."

"I'm so sorry." Spitfire said as we stopped." I can't imagine how you must be feeling." she said hugging me.

---National city---

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!" a maniacal laughed rang through the night of the city." National city, what a beautiful place." a man in a purple suit, with green hair and face painted like a clown." Now where could that Scarecrow be?"

"Right here." Another man said as he stepped out of the shadows." I'm surprised you came Joker."

"I just had to come, when you said something about a fear toxin being able to bring down Bathead, I just had too." Joker said before laughing again." Now when can I have it?"

"As soon as its ready?" Scarecrow said as a car drove by." Also keep it down, I heard from the Riddler that Crimson Beat's wife is in town."

"So he won't be to far behind then." Joker said as his tone turned stern." On top of that, The D.E.O is not too far from here, and then there's Supergirl."

"She won't be a problem." Scarecrow said pulling out a green gem." We just have to use this, and she down for the count."

"Perfect." Joker said smiling." But not only do I want revenge in bats, I also want revenge on Crimson."

"How so?" Scarecrow asked." What all has he done?"

"He works with some people that hunt down the Changelings." Joker said angry." So every time I try to find them, he's already there."
"I see." Scarecrow said rubbing the bottom of his mask." I say we strike him wear it hurts."

"I'm thinking the same think." Joker said chuckling." Now, do you know the location of the D.E.O?"

---D.E.O---

"Welcome back Agent Spitfire." A tall black man said as we walked in.

"Good to see you too Hank." Spitfire said smiling." This is Nights." she said pointing to me." He's the one I told you about."

"I see." Hank said as he walked over to me." It's an honor to meet you Nights." Hank said as we shook hands." I understand you've been having a problem."

"Depends." I said as we let go." This kinda thing is usually for a therapist, but Spitfire said you could help me with these nightmares."

"I know what you mean." Hank said as he crossed his arms." But when she sent us a photo of your picture of this creature in your nightmare, we just had to get involved."

"Do you know what it is?" I asked." I mean, I just got my memories back and I don't even know what it is."

"It's known as a Dremora." Hank said." A demon."

"So a demon race wiped out my people." I said sadly." I wonder what could've sent them."

"The ways of the Dremora are and never should be known." Hank said sighing." I'm pretty sure you've heard this before, but I'm sorry for what happened to your people."

"It's fine." I said shrugging." At least I know what happened to them."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"A laugh echoed though the base as all the screens turned to an image of a clown face with green hair and a horrendous smile." GUESS WHO'S BACK!?!?!" a voice said for the screens.

"Joker!?!?! Here!?!?" Hank said surprised." How did he hack our systems?"
"I don't know." one of the agents said as he tried to get back into the computer." He manages to lock us back..ARGH!!!!" the agent yelled in pain as he was electrocuted by the keyboard.

"Don't touch that dial." joker said laughing." I have an Important message." Joker said as men in green and purple outfits with clown masks walked in with guns." I just came for revenge on a certain somebody." He said before started laugh again." Can you guess who?"

"Listen here Joker, You think you can just waltz in here to take revenge on me, you got another thing coming." Hank said as the Joker laughed again." What's so funny?"

"Oh no it isn't you I want revenge on, even though you work with the league." Joker said evilly." It's Crimson Beat actually, I know he doesn't work for you, so I decided to go after his wife, and I know she's there."

"You know with a simple push of a button, Supergirl will be here in no time." Hank said as I noticed Spitfire push a button on her watch." What do you plan on doing then?"

"Oh don't worry, I have Scarecrow taking care of her." Joker said smiling as he walked." So now then, if Spitfire will just come with me, then nobody will be turned in Swiss cheese." We all just stood there in horror waiting for a next move. "What's wrong everybody?" The Joker asked solemnly. " WHY SO SERIOUS?!" He yelled as he looked at me.

"What are you looking at freak show?" I said glaring at joker." And why do you want Spitfire?"

"My, you full of spunk aren't ya kid?" Joker said." It's not me who wants her."

"But you just said...." I said as joker interrupted me.

"I know what I said, you see I'm working with a certain somone with the same hatred for Crimson." Joker said smiling." You've probaly heard of her, Does the name chrysalis ring any bells?"

"You mus be desperate if you sided with her." Spitfire said as she stopped forward." I'll go."

"That was easy." Joker said as two henchmen walked over to her and grabbed her." But first, who's is this boy with you, related?"

"I never met him until now." Spitfire lied." He's nothing."

"Okay then, take her." Joker said as the two henchmen dragged spitfire out." As for the rest of you, sweet dreams." Joker said laughing as he walked out and the door closed behind him, and some sort of mist started filling the room, causing us to blackout.