• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 3,468 Views, 119 Comments

Aria Blaze: Throat Puncher - Dubs Rewatcher



Decades after being banished to Earth, Aria Blaze is possessed by a strange force that compels her to punch people in the throat. Rainbow Rocks retold, with Aria as a throat-punching psychopath.

  • ...
15
 119
 3,468

Epilogue: The Passion of the Throat Puncher

“Are… are you okay?”

Aria flicked a glance upwards, just in time to see Sonata swim into the cave. Her bright blue scales glinted in Aria's eyes. Algae clung to her fins, just as it always did.

“I’m fine,” Aria sputtered, scowling. “Go away, idiot.”

Sonata drew closer. “Are you upset because of what Adagio said?”

Aria narrowed her eyes. “No.”

“Because, like, it’s totally okay to be mad.” Sonata frowned. “Adagio was being a total shipwreck. Who cares about getting chosen for some dumb job?”

“I do!” Aria said, swiping a hoof at Sonata’s head. “I was supposed to be the one the Elders chose! I was supposed to be the one who would kill Celestia and rule Equestria! Not her!”

“Is that true?” Sonata asked. Her eyes went wide. “Is Adagio really gonna do all that?”

“Didn’t you listen to the song her amulet brought her?” Aria snorted. “She was destined for greatness since day one.”

Sonata was silent. She sidled up to Aria and tried to wrap a leg around her, only for Aria to mutter a curse and move away. As Aria swam towards the mouth of the cave, Sonata pursed her lips.

“I think you’re pretty great,” Sonata called.

Aria stopped. She let Sonata’s words swirl around the cave a few times before leering over her shoulder and saying, “No, I’m not. I’m not great, and neither are you. We’re just bottom-feeders, and that’s all we ever will be.” She turned away and gritted her teeth. “The Elders don’t care about us.”

“Yeah, but who cares about the Elders?” Sonata asked with a giggle. She sped to catch up with Aria and finally managed to lay a leg over her shoulders. “Only the stuffy sirens who never stop reading their scrolls. I think you’re great, and that’s all that matters.”

“Oh, yeah?” Aria asked. “How? How are either of us great?”

“Well, I dunno about me, but you’re amazing!” Sonata backed up and mocked flexing. “You’re super-strong, right? And whenever you sing, your amulet always makes you look really cute and pretty. And you’re great at singing, too!”

Aria’s mouth hung—but shifted into a frown. “Adagio is better.”

“Maybe she is,” Sonata said, taking Aria’s hooves in her own, “but that doesn’t mean that you aren’t great, either. There’s room for more than one great siren, y’know?”

“Not here,” Aria muttered. “Not where we live. The Elders say there can only be one.

“The Elders are old and dumb.” Sonata raised a brow and grinned. “And we’re not staying here forever, right? Maybe once we kill Celestia, we can change all those stupid rules. Together.”

Aria stared down at Sonata’s hooves. Despite the freezing ocean water that surrounded them, Sonata’s hooves were warm. For the quickest of moments, Aria felt as if she were swimming over a volcanic vent. It was almost nice.

Aria blinked a few times. A tiny smile flickered over her face as she bowed her head and murmured, “I guess, yeah. Thanks.”

“C’mon,” Sonata said, trailing a hoof along Aria’s leg. “Staccato just caught a whole bunch of sailors to feed on. I think one of them’s a unicorn!”

Aria grinned. Unicorns always had the tastiest emotions.

She opened her mouth to agree, but no words came. She couldn’t breathe. She scratched at her gills, but no water could get through. Her throat felt like it was collapsing. Eyes bulging, she looked to Sonata for help, but she was already out of the cave. Sonata was yards away, leagues away. Aria swam forwards, but the cave stretched out for miles, and Sonata just kept moving farther away.

A fierce tremor ran through the walls of the cave, and sharp pieces of rubble rained from the ceiling. Rocks scraped against her fins, drawing blood. She fell to the floor of the cavern, with boulders pinning her legs down. She jerked her body around, trying to get free, trying to save her life, but she was trapped, and she still couldn’t breathe, and a rock crushed her throat—

Aria screamed and snapped her eyes open. The bright lights above her burned. She tried to move, tried to run away, but she was bound in place by something thick and soft. She struggled to look down, but every twitch of her head sent needles stabbing into her brain. Every breath stung, and yet she couldn’t stop heaving. She had never been so happy just to use her lungs.

She jumped as something cold and damp slid across her forehead. Her eyes were still adjusting to the light, but from where she lay, she could just make out something… no, someone, sitting near her. It was a girl—at least, Aria thought so. The girl’s hair looked like it was made of bacon, and her face was familiar somehow. When Aria turned her head, the girl flinched away.

“Who are you?” Aria asked. She barely had the energy to open her mouth. “Where am I?”

The girl took a moment before saying, “It’s me, Aria. Sunset Shimmer? You’re in my apartment.”

“Sunset…?” Aria repeated, letting the name simmer on her lips. It bounced around her brain a few times, echoing through her mind… before it hit her. Her eyes widened. “Sunset Shimmer.”

“Yeah!” Sunset said, smiling. “Exactly. Listen, I’ll explain everything in a second, but first, how are you feel—”

“I hate you,” Aria said.

Sunset froze, jaw hanging. Her smile disappeared, and she nodded.

Aria bared her teeth and tried to think of something to say—something that would hurt this human that she so hated—but nothing came to mind. She tried to search herself for the anger that had always guided her, and found nothing. When she said she hated Sunset, she wasn’t even sure she meant it. There was no anger, no rage in her words.

When Aria looked up at Sunset, this unfamiliar girl in that unfamiliar apartment, all she felt was confused, and… scared. Aria hadn’t felt scared in years.

She hated it.

Aria’s deep breaths grew shallow and loud. She tried to struggle, but the blankets that covered her had become rock. This wasn’t right. She wasn’t supposed to be here. She was supposed to be ruling the world, feeding on every pathetic human that lived on this pathetic world.

“Aria, calm down,” Sunset said, touching her shoulder.

“Don’t touch—!” Aria yipped, but she couldn’t manage to finish the sentence. She snapped her head around, eyes wild, while Sunset grabbed at her shoulder—

“Ari?”

Aria froze at the familiar voice. She raised her head just in time to see Sonata creeping into the room. All she wore was a baggy Wondercolts t-shirt and sweatpants to match. Sonata kept her gaze locked with Aria’s as she walked up to Sunset and whispered something in her ear before taking a seat beside Aria. Sunset offered them both a smile before leaving.

Aria took a hard swallow. Her throat ached—she saw visions of Sonata punching her throat and beating her to death.

To death.

How was she still…?

“Are you feeling okay?” Sonata asked. “You’ve been out for a long time.”

“You tried to kill me,” Aria spat.

“Well, you did try to kill me first,” Sonata joked. Aria stayed silent. Sonata sighed and said, “I had no choice, Ari. You were going absolutely nuts! If I hadn’t stopped you when I did, I don’t know what might’ve happened.”

“We would have won.”

“Ari…”

“We would have conquered this stupid place,” Aria said. “We would have our magic back. We wouldn’t be starving.”

Sonata just watched her.

Aria waited for an answer, but when nothing came, she tightened her glare—mostly because she knew that was what she was supposed to do. Aria knew she should have been angry. She should have wanted to kill Sonata, to punch her right in the throat. But she didn’t feel anything. She lost her breath again. She closed her eyes and dug down deep, trying to tap into the hunger that always fueled her.

But there was nothing.

She wasn’t hungry. She clenched her fists, but there was no burning, no itch. No voice in her head. She felt like a mannequin, like an empty shell.

Sonata leaned forward and wrapped her in a hug. Aria tensed up at the feel of Sonata’s hands on her back—but as Sonata’s warm breaths traipsed down her neck, everything seemed to slow. She leaned into the hug and took a shuddering breath. No anger. No resistance. Just… this. Just a hug from someone who cared about her.

Aria looked up, and Adagio stared at her from the doorway.

Aria barely had time to gasp before Adagio stomped into the room and pushed Sonata out of the way. Adagio grabbed Aria and threw her back onto the pillow. She pushed Aria into the mattress and leaned in close, crushing Aria’s ribs. Aria had a clear view of the snarl stretched across Adagio’s face. She gripped Aria’s shoulders and dug her nails into Aria’s thin shirt, nearly piercing the skin.

Sonata was yelling something, but Aria couldn’t hear it over her own loud breaths and the blood roaring through her ears. She knew how strong Adagio was, how little Adagio cared about her. Adagio could kill her at any moment—and Aria deserved it. Aria remembered all she had done to Adagio. She closed her eyes, ready for what was to come.

And yet, just as her arms were going numb, Adagio growled and let her go. Adagio walked away from the bed, grumbling curses under her breath. She dragged a hand through her knotted hair. Her forehead was slick with sweat.

Aria tried to sit up; her arms could barely support her. “What are you—”

“Shut up,” Adagio spat, crossing her arms. “I don’t want to hear anything from you.”

“It’s okay,” Sonata said, sitting back down next to the bed. “Aria’s okay now. Right?”

Aria blinked and looked down at her hands. Her once finely-manicured nails were now jagged. Her fingers hung like dead branches. “I think so.”

“What happened to you?” Sonata asked. “We got into Canterlot High, and all of a sudden you started acting like a completely different person! Were you sick or something?”

“I don’t know,” Aria said. “After we saw the Equestrian magic for the first time, back at that café, something just came over me. After that night, I kept getting angrier and angrier at the littlest things. I heard voices in my head. All I wanted to do was hurt people. At least, until…” She paused, lips hanging. She looked at Sonata. “What happened? The last thing I remember seeing was some sort of light.”

“The Elements of Harmony,” Adagio said, pulling up a chair. She still glowered, but her face was the least bit softer than before. “Powerful arcane energy, taken straight from Celestia’s playbook. The Rainbooms ripped the magic from our bodies and wiped out what little power we had left.”

Sonata touched a hand to her throat. “But they, like, healed us, too. When we got hit, our throats were totally repaired. If we hadn’t gotten blasted when we did, you… well, you might’ve died.”

“If I had to take a guess,” Adagio said, “the Elements must have killed whatever it was that was possessing you, too.” She simpered. “Lucky.”

“Possessing me?” Aria asked. “What, like a ghost?”

“Maybe.” Adagio rolled her eyes. “Apparently that first bit of Equestrian magic we saw was Sunset’s own evil magic being banished. Maybe whatever it was that possessed her didn’t die, but found someone new to control. Dark magic is strange like that.”

“I felt like a puppet.” Aria shuddered. “Like some demon was living in my head, telling me what to do. And I... I just listened. Like a stupid hatchling.”

“You hurt a lot of people,” said Sonata solemnly. “Including us. Even if it wasn’t you in control. The Rainbooms are still gonna want an apology.”

Aria gazed down at her fists and shivered—but then frowned. “You said the Rainbooms took our magic?” she asked, looking between them. “Then why was Sunset Shimmer watching over me?” She turned to Sonata. “Why are you wearing their clothes?”

Adagio darted a glance at Sonata. “You haven’t told her?”

“I was waiting for the right moment!” Sonata stammered, throwing up her hands. “She just woke up, and—”

What’s going on?” Aria demanded.

Adagio took a long breath and looked down. “After you passed out, the Equestrians all volunteered to take care of you. But the first time we tried to leave, they stopped us, and—and they made us promise to reform ourselves. To try and do some good.” She groaned. “Like some awful reality show...”

Aria looked between the two of them. “You’re not actually going through with it, are you?”

Sonata nodded. Adagio stayed silent.

“But they’re humans!” Aria said. “We’re sirens! We feast on humans! They’re nothing compared to us!”

“In case you hadn’t realized, we don’t have our magic anymore,” Adagio said, narrowing her eyes. “That means no feeding.”

Aria’s eyes widened. “But that means… Are we gonna—”

“We’re not going to starve!” Sonata interrupted, grabbing Aria’s hand. She offered her a smile. “It’s true, the magic took away our powers. But haven’t you noticed? That stupid hunger that was always there—it’s gone! Completely gone!”

Aria placed a hand against her stomach. It was true—for the first time in twenty years, there was no hunger, no longing in her soul for a good meal. The realization sent chills dancing down her back. Her lip quivered as she raised her head to meet Sonata’s gaze.

“We thought our Amulets were what kept us alive, but all they did was force us to be hungry. The Elders used them to control us,” Sonata said. “I always told you the Elders were old and dumb.”

“We eat human food now, we've got no power, and now that the Equestrians are keeping tabs on us, pulling off any sort of 'evil scheme' is going to be rather difficult.” Adagio tapped her chin. “We could kill them in their sleep, I suppose. I think Sunset keeps some rat poison around—“

Dagi.

“Oh, let me fantasize. I'm a good-guy-in-training, you know.” Adagio clicked her tongue. “It pains me to say it, really. But we're basically humans now. We—Aria?”

Aria felt the tears spilling down her cheeks. As Sonata hugged her again, she had no idea what to feel. That eternal hunger had disappeared—a lightness danced in her chest. She wasn’t a siren anymore—a knife had cleaved through her stomach. She wanted to dance and sing. She wanted to vomit and throw herself into a ditch.

But through it all, the tears kept falling, and she kept staring at her trembling hands.

“What am I supposed to do now?” Aria asked.

“What do you mean?” Sonata asked, pulling away.

“All I’m good at is hurting people.” Aria clenched her teeth. “Hurting people and taking orders. That's it.”

Sonata frowned. “That’s not true—”

“Yes, it is!” Aria shouted. She jabbed a finger at Adagio, who flinched away. “Adagio was the leader! The Elders picked her! And you, you’re the manipulative one. You can get anyone to do anything you want! But me?” Aria pounded a fist into the blankets. “I’m useless. I’m always just in the background. I’m only good when you needed me to threaten someone, or to help stir up trouble. Now that I can’t do that, what am I good for?”

“Are you crazy?” Sonata said. “You’re good for a lot of things! Ever since we were hatchlings, you’ve always been the strongest. You’re always super-smart. And, out of any siren I’ve ever met, you’re totally the most independent. You could do anything you set your mind to!”

“By the by,” Adagio added, “I might be a leader, but now that we’re not out to conquer the world, I have no one to lead. And as for Sonata, well… ‘good guys’ don’t really manipulate others. At least, not in any of the movies Sunset owns.”

Aria shot her an annoyed glance. “You're joking, right?”

Adagio shrugged. “You've been unconscious for a while. And in my opinion, red wine and steak tastes just as good as any pony anger.” She sighed. “We’re all going to have to learn how to adjust. I don’t like it either, trust me. But it is what it is.”

“We’ll just have to find new things to do with our lives and make us happy!” Sonata chirped. “Like, maybe we can buy you a gym membership, or something like that. Y’know, if you still wanna punch stuff.” She grinned. “I never realized how cool cooking was until Sunset showed me!”

Aria was silent. Before the throat punching, all she knew was following orders. That was all she had known since she was born, and it was how she thought she would die—until today.

“You’re not a hatchling anymore,” Adagio whispered. She waited until Aria was looking at her to cast the lightest smile and murmur, “You don’t have to care about what anyone thinks. Not Sonata, not me, and not any of the Elders. You do what you want to do.”

For the first time in what felt like centuries, Aria gazed straight into Adagio’s eyes. And in those eyes, for the first time since they had met, Aria saw something else: love.

Aria’s heart raced, and she jerked her head away. Her mind was exploding. What were these two asking? How could they tell her to leave thousands of years behind and just start over? Even without the Elders, all Aria had ever done was hurt people. How could she just leave that?

But it was as she sat there that visions flashed through her mind. Visions of Adagio slumped against a locker, struggling to breathe. Sonata writhing on the ground, about to pass out. The two of them huddled together, flinching whenever Aria raised her hand even an inch.

She had spent two full days doing nothing but hurting her friends.

She never wanted to hurt anyone ever again.

Aria nodded. A smile crawled over her lips as she glanced up at them. “You’re right.” She nodded. “Thanks.” Sonata locked her in another hug.

“When you two are done,” Adagio said, standing up, “you should try getting out of bed. Now that we can’t feed on humans, you need to start getting used to eating their food.” She walked to the door. “Come on, Sonata.”

Sonata simpered. “I sure hope Sunset didn't hear that...”

Adagio froze up. With a sigh, she said, “Right. Force of habit,” and walked out.

Aria offered Sonata a raised brow. Sonata giggled. “The Pony Princess made Dagi promise to stop giving orders. Whenever she pushes anyone around, Sunset puts another lock on the wine cabinet.”

Aria rolled her eyes—just in time for her stomach to growl. She had no idea how long she’d been unconscious, but all she knew was that she could probably eat a pony whole at this point and still be starving. “I guess I could try something...”

“Heck yeah!” Sonata cheered, thrusting a fist into the air. “I’m making tacos tonight!” She danced over to the door, only to stop short.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” Sonata said. She ran over to the closet at the side of the room and fished out a giant shopping bag, overflowing with wrapping paper. Aria could only stare as Sonata laid it on her lap and tousled her hair, before bouncing out of the room.

Aria rubbed her damp eyes and reached into the bag.

Her fingers touched something soft and fuzzy.

She grabbed hold and pulled Mister Softpaws out of the bag. His head had been reattached, fastened on by thick white stitches. His fur seemed even softer than before, gentle as a cloud against her skin. A small card hung from his ear, emblazoned with the logo of the Canterlot Teddy Bear Hospital. Aria flipped it open and read:

To Aria Blaze: ex-Throat Puncher!

Love,
Sonata

Aria took a moment to stare at the card, letting the words sink in. Then, with a grin planted on her face, she buried her face into Mister Softpaws’s stomach and closed her eyes.

She could get used to this.











A week earlier, while the Battle of the Bands raged in downtown Canterlot and Aria Blaze punched in the throats of every member of the Rainbooms, a group of students from Crystal Prep all stood at the peak of a large hill on the outskirts of town. Chilly autumn air ran through the trees, along the grass, and up Twilight Sparkle's legs. She smoothed out her uniform, adjusted her glasses, and hurried over to the front of where her classmates stood.

“Okay, everyone!” Dean Cadance called while Professor Blue Moon, Crystal Prep's Astronomy teacher, fiddled with a telescope next to her. “The meteor shower is about to begin. Keep your eye on the sky, because these meteors will be shooting by faster than you—yes, Twilight?”

Twilight dropped her hand and asked, “Will we get a chance to use the telescope?”

“Yes, you'll all get a turn,” Blue Moon said. “As soon as I set up this tripod...”

“Take a seat wherever you'd like, students.” Dean Cadance looked up to the stars. “And enjoy!”

The crowd let out a dull murmur of acknowledgment and scattered, most going off to chat or play with their phones. Twilight, however, stayed right where she was, a big grin on her face, waiting for her chance to—

Something hard slammed into Twilight's back, sending her flying forward and crashing to the ground. Groaning, she looked up—and grimaced.

“Oops,” Indigo Zap said while the rest of her gang snickered. “Sorry, Twily. Didn't see you there. I really gotta watch where I'm going.”

"Yeah," Twilight said, looking away. “Maybe... maybe you should.”

The girls all let out a unified, “Oooooooooh.”

“She really got you there, Zappa,” Lemon Zest said.

Sour Sweet smiled. “Oh, don't worry Twilight. It was only an accident!” She scowled. “Just like your birth.”

“What are you even wearing?” Indigo asked as Twilight rose to her feet. She pointed at the clamshell case hanging from Twilight's neck. “Some kind of freaky necklace?”

“It's the prototype for my Arcane Energy Conduit,” Twilight said, pressing it to her chest. “It searches for and collects nearby magical energy. It's only a prototype, but—“

“Magic?” Sunny Flare repeated, incredulous. The entire group laughed.

“Only the criminally insane believe in magic,” Sugarcoat said.

“Magic is real!” Twilight said. “And I have the evidence! I just need to capture some.”

“I totally believe in you, Twilight!” said Sour Sweet. Her face twisted into a devilish smirk. “Maybe you can capture a life while you're at it.”

“Girls!” Dean Cadance called, glaring from just a few yards off. “Is something the matter?”

The Shadowbolts all jumped. “Everything's fine!” Indigo said. When Dean Cadance finally turned away, Indigo scowled and pushed Twilight again. “Good work, loser. You almost got us in trouble.”

Twilight blinked. “What? I didn't—“

But her tormentors left before she could muster up another word in her own defense. Sighing, Twilight dusted off her skirt and readjusted her tie, then walked over to the free telescope. She pointed it high into the sky, checking out the moon, a nearby planet—a meteor shot by! And another! They looked like tiny silver marbles flying through the darkness. In this moment, it was just her, the telescope, and all of creation sprawling out before her. Despite her aching back, despite the humiliation still hiding behind her quivering chin, for the first time that night, Twilight felt at peace.

“Whoa, look at that!”

“What's going on downtown?!”

“Did the stadium just explode or something?”

Twilight frowned and looked up—only to gasp and shield her eyes.

Miles away in downtown Canterlot, a light brighter than any Twilight had ever seen rose into the sky, illuminating the city as if it were daytime. Around her, the students of Crystal Prep all marveled at the sight, while Dean Cadance tried fruitlessly to corral them together. But just as the first students snapped out of their stupor and whipped out their phones to take a video, the light faded into a singular rainbow, shooting from the sky directly at the ground.

The earth shook beneath them. As screams and yelps filled the air, Twilight adjusted the telescope lens and swung the instrument around to point straight at Barnyard Bargains Stadium. She kneeled down and peered into the eyepiece.

She looked just in time to see a rippling, almost transparent wave of energy racing right toward her.

It felt like a brick smacking her right in the chest. Twilight tumbled backwards, all the breath leaving her body. She barely noticed her Arcane Energy Conduit start flashing.

“Ugh,” Twilight said. She rubbed her neck and stood up. “What happened?”

“Yo, get out of the way!” Indigo shouted, running past Twilight and shoving her to the ground once more. Indigo looked into the telescope and asked, “What did you see? Is it a terrorist attack or something? A nuke?”

Twilight lay sprawled across the dirt, trembling. But she felt no fear, no humiliation—only rage. “You pushed me again,” she said, sitting up.

Indigo scoffed, not turning around. “Yeah, so?”

Everything around Twilight seemed to go silent as she stood up, walked over to Indigo, and tapped her on the shoulder.

Indigo groaned and glanced at Twilight. “What do you want, nerd? An apolo—eep!

Twilight grabbed Indigo by the collar and pulled her close. With a shaking breath, Twilight whispered, “Don't touch me.”

Twilight punched Indigo in the throat.

Comments ( 21 )

Aww, the story about Saitama Blaze is unfortunately over? Well, I’ve certainly enjoyed the ride.

Does this mean that there's gonna be a sequel with Twilight?!

The throat punching continues!

Wait, so it was Sunset's demon? I don't remember her punching throats.

“All I’m good at is hurting people.” Aria clenched her teeth. “Hurting people and taking orders. That's it.”

Well, she could always join a political action committee...

In all seriousness, thank you for a most enjoyable and bizarre story. I'm not that big a fan of siren redemption, but you definitely made this one work. It feels earned, which is a lot more than can be said for some.

And the ending was surprisingly satisfying. If there's anyone who could benefit from the Will to Punching, it's human Twilight. She'll be running Crystal Prep by the time the Friendship Games roll around...

That ending...

kul
kul #6 · Oct 10th, 2016 · · 1 ·

......And upon realizing the story isnt what it seems, the search for the Dazzlings Victorious fic continues

I guess I enjoy the ride, but yeah, bummer..
Im not going to hope for a Midnight Sparkle Victorious sequel because I'd learn my lesson

Ohhhh, shit... that ending means (hopefully) amazing things...

Twilight punched Indigo in the throat.

Now I sit and hope for a sequel. But even if one doesn't come, it's still been a fantastic ride. I salute you, good sir!

*salute*

I must say, this story went in a direction that I would never have anticipated going off of the title and description. It sounded like such an entertaining tale of senseless violence, but I think I'll remember the teddy bear scenes more than any of the many memorable throat punches.

I've no idea if you plan on making anything out of that scene at the end, but it's been such a fun trip that I won't mind in the slightest if it ends here. Excellent job, thank you very much for writing it! :pinkiehappy:

wow. this was a fun one. y'know, I should probably go back and check the throat punch counter. amazing teramach rage, an ending that felt... well, it feels rare you get one with so much Aria. but i enjoyed it.

that said- possible Sequal of Twilight sparkle, throat puncher? Awesome. just... awesome.

HOLY SHIZZLE THAT WAS GOOD! I really hope you make a sequel (or a prequel of Sunset doing this because technically you said it was Sunset's demon).

That ending. :trollestia:

Thank you for some great grins and a lovely deconstruction-slash-drama!

7632570
7632614
7632619
7632626
7632687
7632753
7632790
7632994
7633642
7634497
7635061
7638221
Thank you all for sticking with the story all this time! I'm really glad that the hard work I put in paid off for some people. :raritywink:

7632619
Eh... let's just say that the Elements of Harmony mutated it. :derpytongue2:

7632626
To be perfectly honest, I only came up with the coda about Twilight a few days before publishing. Originally, the story just ended after the scene with the Blazings Dazzlings.
Although, if you want to see a story where SciTwi punches things... it's not quite the same, but there is a Sunlight fic of mine I don't think you've read yet. :trollestia:

Well. I thought this was going to be some dark comedy fic. Did not expect an emotional roller coaster. And a well-written one to boot! Nicely done.

My one complaint is that I feel like Aria had too easy a time punching throats. I'm not saying she shouldn't have been able to punch all the throats she did, I just feel like the repeat victims should've tried (& failed?) to defend their throats more.

Especially Sunset considering how often she got punched in the throat.

From the moment I read the title I knew this would be quite a ride, but I wasn't prepared for how utterly insane it would be from start to finish. Kudos for that :ajsmug:

Holy smoof, I didn't expect the levels of feels from this :derpyderp2:
Freaking insane, I LOVED IT :yay:

Now we wait for Throatlite Punchle to return in the sequel :derpytongue2:

This is the best bag of black comedy, horror and angst with a slight bit of heartwarming I've ever read. Will there ever be another story that partakes in the tradition of throat punching? :pinkiecrazy:

Ah, yes. The legacy of throat-punching lived on.

“Maybe.” Adagio rolled her eyes. “Apparently that first bit of Equestrian magic we saw was Sunset’s own evil magic being banished. Maybe whatever it was that possessed her didn’t die, but found someone new to control. Dark magic is strange like that.”

It's a good theory. :unsuresweetie:

Adagio took a long breath and looked down. “After you passed out, the Equestrians all volunteered to take care of you. But the first time we tried to leave, they stopped us, and—and they made us promise to reform ourselves. To try and do some good.” She groaned. “Like some awful reality show...”

That's good. :yay:

Sour Sweet smiled. “Oh, don't worry Twilight. It was only an accident!” She scowled. “Just like your birth.”

Rude! :flutterrage:

“Yo, get out of the way!” Indigo shouted, running past Twilight and shoving her to the ground once more. Indigo looked into the telescope and asked, “What did you see? Is it a terrorist attack or something? A nuke?”

Neither. :ajbemused:

Twilight punched Indigo in the throat.

Talk about quite a ending! :pinkiegasp:

I'll be honest here, I wasn't 100% sure I'd enjoy this, seeing how 90% of this was on punching, but if you think about it and how the story would be without it, it wouldn't be exciting. And it ended up beugn better than I thought. While I do agree violence can't fix everything, I do like how it does the sirens the way many of us wanted it to be.:scootangel:

Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted January 6th
Login or register to comment