• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 3,470 Views, 119 Comments

Aria Blaze: Throat Puncher - Dubs Rewatcher



Decades after being banished to Earth, Aria Blaze is possessed by a strange force that compels her to punch people in the throat. Rainbow Rocks retold, with Aria as a throat-punching psychopath.

  • ...
15
 119
 3,470

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If there was one thing that Aria hated more than anything right now, it was breathing.

Breathing was useless. It was idiotic. Why did it exist? Time spent breathing could be used in so many other ways. Like punching. Or punching. Or punching. Or not breathing.

It was the night of the finals, and Aria was pacing around backstage, doing what she could to distract herself from the tightness in her lungs. Every breath came with a typhoon of nausea, rolling through her stomach and destroying everything in its path. She ground her teeth, flexed her arms, massaged her still-aching hand—every second not spent moving felt like a prison sentence.

She had arrived at the arena a while ago. Seconds. Minutes. Hours? Hours. Six hours. Sonata and Adagio had only shown up one hour ago. Adagio had an ugly bandage covering her even uglier nose. They didn't say anything when they arrived; they just stared at Aria, walking together and whispering together. That was fine—Aria didn't want to talk. She wanted to eat and eat and punch and make slaves. No time for talking.

Aria hated everything. And yet she loved everything? She had no idea. All she knew was that her knuckles itched, they were mere minutes away from reaching their goal, her stomach cried out for sustenance, the voice in her head kept yelling, and everything was so loud.

She spun around and shouted across the room, “Shut up!”

Sonata flinched, very nearly falling off her stool. “I didn’t say anything!”

Aria paused for a moment before stomping her foot and shooting back, “Just shut up!” She paced again. The alien voice in her head wouldn’t stop talking, wouldn’t stop muttering to her.

It was almost over. Right? Yes. Yes. In just a few minutes, the world would be theirs, and her stomach would shut up, just like Sonata needed to shut up. Sonata. Aria hated Sonata more than anything. Her and Adagio.

“Where’s Adagio?” Aria asked, tugging at one of her ponytails. She turned to Sonata. “Where’d she go?”

“I don’t know,” Sonata said, standing up and smoothing out her skirt. “I haven’t seen her since Trixie went on.”

Trixie. Aria cringed as she realized that Trixie’s voice was still floating through the air, booming out of every speaker in the arena. It tore at Aria’s eardrums like a rusted icepick. Trixie was begging Aria to believe that she had tricks up her sleeves—but why should she care? It didn’t matter how many tricks Trixie had; to Aria, she was nothing more than another tasty morsel. No wonder she had been so easy to manipulate.

“Ari?”

“What?” Aria snapped, whipping her head around and nearly knocking into Sonata. “What do you want?”

Sonata frowned and said, “I was just gonna ask if my hair was alright. Ugh, you’re acting so stupid lately…”

“What did you just say to me?” Aria asked, returning Sonata’s frown with a glare. “I’m not stupid!”

“I didn’t say you were!” Sonata yelled back. “But you're acting like a total shipwreck! I mean, that’s why I gave you Mister Softpaws, y’know? You just need to calm down—”

“How am I supposed to be calm when you keep talking?” With both hands, Aria shoved Sonata, sending her spilling to the floor. “You never shut up, and it’s driving me crazy!”

Aria turned away—and yet, as soon as Sonata hit the ground, she was back up again to give Aria a shove of her own. Sonata slammed both of her palms into Aria’s back, sending her stumbling a few feet. “Why did you have to push me?” Sonata cried. “Why do you keep being so mean?

“Mean?” Aria repeated after a moment. The anger in Sonata’s voice made her fists shiver. “We’re sirens, you idiot! What, do you expect me to be some goody two-shoes like you?”

Sonata swallowed. “I’m not a goody two-shoes…”

“Oh, yes you are!” Aria jabbed a finger toward the curtain. “You care more about these stupid humans than you do about getting our magic back!”

“I care about you, Ari!” Sonata’s eyes shone as she walked forward, forcing Aria back. “I care about you, but you’ve been so weird and awful lately, and I hate it!”

‘Punch her’

Staring at Sonata’s quivering chin, Aria felt the nausea swimming through her veins. She gritted her teeth. “Be quiet.”

‘Do it do it do it’ no

“I know that you’ve always been good at punching, and it was okay back when it was just people that wanted to hurt us, or when we were gonna die, but now it’s everyone! It’s me and Adagio and people we don’t even know and—”

‘PUNCH HER HURT HER’ STOP ‘HURT HER’

“Shut up!” Aria yelled, pulling her hair. “Shut up, or I’ll—”

“Or you’ll what? Punch me in the throat?” Sonata asked. She took a moment to rub her damp eyes before lifting her chin high and leaning forward, completely exposing her neck. “Fine. Do it. I don’t even care anymore.”

‘DO IT DO IT’ NO ‘PUNCH THROAT HURT’ STOP ‘NOW PUNCH THROAT DO IT NOW’ NO STOP

A shouting match had broken out in her brain between the alien voice and her normal thoughts. Every piece of her itched. She wanted to take her chance, to rip Sonata’s throat apart, to make her suffer. So why wasn’t she? Why wasn’t Sonata writhing on the floor, sobbing, heaving, her trachea crushed into a hundred pieces? Why was Sonata still standing, still breathing, still staring at her with those awful, tear-soaked eyes?

Aria raised her shaking fist into the air. Her chest heaved with every quicksand breath. Sonata’s throat was right there. This was her chance. Sonata was asking for it—she deserved it. She pulled her arm back and took aim.

But before she could swing, her thoughts were overtaken by the roar of the crowd. Sonata jumped and turned away to face the curtain. Aria kept her fist held up, and with every second that passed, the tension grew stronger. She was going to punch Sonata. She was. She was.

Trixie and her two keyboard players sauntered off the stage and into the backstage area, their noses turned up. The keyboardists passed without a word, but Trixie stopped walking for a moment to smirk at Aria and say, “Try to top—”

Aria punched Trixie in the throat.

Trixie fell to her knees, clutching her throat and coughing.

Get out!” Aria screamed, voice cracking. She grabbed Trixie by the hair and pulled her to her feet, only to throw her to the side, where her bandmates just barely caught her. The three of them ran away.

Sonata sniffled. “Trixie wasn’t even doing anything to us. She helped us.”

“Shut up!” Aria yipped again. “Stop talking back to me, or you’ll end up just like her.”

Sonata sniffled and trudged away, wiping her face.

Aria watched her as she walked. She had thrown all of her energy into that last punch, and yet her fingers still tingled with restlessness. Aria wrung her hands and began to pace again—until she caught sight of Adagio, limping into view.

Adagio seemed to shudder with every step, as if she were a building on the verge of collapse. Dark bags underscored her eyes, and a thick white piece of gauze covered her nose. When she looked up and saw Aria glaring at her, she flinched away and quickened her pace, stumbling over to where Sonata stood.

“Where were you?” Aria asked, walking up to the two.

“Nowhere,” Adagio muttered, shuffling closer to Sonata. “I was just in the bathroom—”

Aria punched her in the throat.

Adagio fell easily, crumbling onto the dirty floor and burying her head in her arms.

Aria grabbed her shoulders and forced their eyes to meet. “We’re about to go on, and you almost missed it! You’re going to ruin everything, and we’re going to starve to death, and it’s going to be all your fault!”

“I… I didn’t—” Adagio’s words dissolved into mere coughing as the tears started rolling down. “I’m not—”

Aria threw her away, letting her fall flat onto the floor. “You’re useless. I can’t believe the Elders ever thought you could lead us.”

“Stop it, Aria!” Sonata said, leaning down to help Adagio. “She didn’t do anything!”

Aria took a step back, grimacing at the queasiness running around in her stomach. She rubbed away the stinging in her eyes and barked, “Just get up. We’re going on stage.” She stormed off before Sonata could say another word.

She walked up to a gap in the curtain. Aria stood just out of sight of the crowd, cracking her knuckles and staring through the gap.

Shimmering green smoke flooded the stage. Aria took a deep breath and moaned. The smoke smelled of anger. It smelled of sadness. It smelled of hatred.

Convincing Trixie to trap the Rainbooms in the basement had been easy enough. The Rainbooms were tearing themselves apart down there, giving birth to a veritable tsunami of negative energy. Aria would be surprised if the stupid pony-girls hadn’t already started slaughtering each other.

That girl with the rainbow-colored hair… she looked like she could throw a good punch.

She was so wrapped up in savoring the energy that when Sonata and Adagio finally took their places at her side, she didn’t feel a single pang of anger, or of frustration. Once they were finished, and Aria had become the single most powerful being on the planet, she could rid herself of the two of them. She could finally destroy them, toss them in the trash like the garbage they were.

“Girls,” Aria murmured as Vice-Principal Luna introduced them, coughing every few moments. She grabbed them both by the shoulders and grinned. “It’s time to end it.”

Adagio looked down at her feet. Sonata just sighed.

The three of them walked out onto the stage, and the crowd erupted. Hundreds and hundreds of adoring fans, all ready to give up their lives for the Blazings. It was beautiful.

Heavy bass boomed from every speaker, trailing through the wooden stage and into Aria’s bones. At once, the gem hanging from her neck took on a piercing glow, casting a sharp red glare onto the smoke that surrounded them. Every eye in the crowd was drawn to her like a magnet.

The three of them sang—no words at first. Just a single clear note, rising higher and higher as they walked to the edge of the stage. Aria raised her arms into the air, as if she were leading a chant. A prayer. She was their beautiful Queen, their immortal Goddess. She was the greatest siren ever to live.

Welcome to the show… we’re here to let you know…

With every small movement Aria made, the crowd moved with her, swaying to the melody. The Siren’s Song had taken them long ago; the Blazings were just tying up loose ends. Aria could only imagine what it would be like when all these innocent children were slaves, scrounging for food, begging Aria not to snap their throats in half.

Our time is now… Your time is running out.

Aria suppressed a giggle; her amulet had a sense of humor! Mocking these pathetic little humans straight to their faces—and all they could do was smile and clap their hands. Monkeys, the lot of them.

Delicious hatred flowed through her veins. Goosebumps popped along her arms. This energy, this power—it felt like electric feathers traipsing along her brain, sending shocks coursing down her body. Gazing out into the crowd, she clenched her fists. The glow from her gem let out a stronger pulse for just a moment, and she could have sworn she saw stars.

Feel the wave of sound as it crashes down! You can’t turn away! We’ll make you wanna stay!

Frantic spittle flew with every panting breath. She screamed, belted out the words as if they were burning coals on her tongue. A crushing pressure trampled her chest, thudding through her stomach and through her limbs.

A flash of light, and her entire body bucked backwards. Crimson swirls wrapped around her bare skin, darting from sweat bead to sweat bead, up her legs and up her chest until it reached her slack jaw. Everything was on fire. Everything was on fire and the energy was eating her alive and she loved it.

She didn’t know what she was singing anymore. All she knew was that she was rising into the air, and feeling things that she hadn’t felt in twenty years. This was the power of hatred, the power of jealousy, the power of pure, unfiltered rage—this was magic, piercing through her chest and out her back.

Two tiny, fleshy nubs popped from her scalp: ears. A long, silken trail of purple-green hair shot from the back of her head.

And jutting out from her spine: her fins. Oh, Goddesses above, her fins. Just moving them sent jolts of pleasure soaring through her tingling flesh. Even Sonata and Adagio were grinning, gazing down at the worthless teenagers that stood before them.

Aria blinked, and they were all dead. They were all scattered across the grass, their throats ripped open by her fists. She blinked again and they were alive, staring up at them with gaping maws, drool splattering onto their clothes. They were luscious fruits, rich wines, juicy meats. They were food.

And so Aria fed. She let their negative energy flood her bones. Her fins twitched. The dull ache in her stomach that had followed her for two decades, clawing at her brain like a flea-ridden hound was leaving. For the first time since she had been thrown into that filthy alleyway, since the magic had been ripped from her soul, since she had been left to fend for herself with those two idiots to drag her down—for the first time in twenty years, the hunger was fading.

Power pooled in her knuckles. The scent of sweat coated the air, washing her tongue in its bitter musk. Fists itching, she focused her glare on a boy in the front row; he looked ripe. She would drink his screams, bite through his moans. He was the first—

The negative energy flickered.

She heard drumming.

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh! I’ve got the music in me!

Aria bit her lip hard enough to draw blood. Her stomach roared. Every limb tensed as she threw her gaze around, searching for whatever it was that had interrupted her meal. She would kill it, slaughter it, punch it until it choked and suffocated on its own collapsed throat.

“Look!” Sonata cried, pointing at the hill behind the stadium.

Aria followed her finger. The Rainbooms stood tall on top of the hill behind the stadium, all armed with their instruments. They didn’t show a single sign of fear as they played away, strumming their guitars, hitting their drums, and singing some drivel about friendship and “souls.”

How did they escape the basement? Aria had hypnotized all the stadium workers into skipping work for the next week; no one was supposed to find the Rainbooms. They were supposed to die down there, alone, sobbing for help as they slowly starved to death. Trixie must have let them out as revenge. Because she was jealous. Because she knew that she would never be anything more than a mangy dog, good for nothing but taking orders. Aria would put her down personally.

The Rainbooms had never been under their spell, but this… this was different. The Rainbooms weren’t just resisting the spell; they were fighting it. The music only seemed to grow louder every second Aria stared—she felt the power draining from her veins, wasted. With every word that Twilight sang, Aria felt hunger and weakness slithering through her.

‘No.’

Everything went dark. Aria tried to gasp, but she couldn’t even breathe. She heard the music faintly, like a light thrum. She couldn’t move. All that she felt were her fists, buzzing with a burning energy. All that existed were her fists. All that existed was punching.

She had never felt so much pain. She had never felt so great.

For the first time in years, Aria had power. She had left weakness behind. It didn’t matter how dark it was, or how much pain she felt. This would not stand. The Rainbooms wouldn’t stand. Aria would crush their throats. Aria would—

“Oh my gosh, Twilight!”

Aria blinked, and the world came hurtling back. She was standing above Twilight Sparkle’s writhing body, one clenched fist raised high into the air. The Rainbooms surrounded her, all watching with slack jaws. Just as Aria let her fist fall to her side, Twilight took a rasping breath, only to choke on the air.

Aria stumbled backwards, cursing loudly. She whipped her head around, trying desperately to understand what had just happened. Music still boomed from the stadium. Lights still flashed from every direction, burning into her eyes like hot iron pokers. Everything hurt, everything ached, and she had no idea what was going on.

She looked back to the stage. Sonata and Adagio were still there, singing along to the music, but their eyes were trained on the hill where Aria stood. They were a few verses farther into the song from when Aria had first noticed the Rainbooms.

What’s going on? Aria gazed down at her bruised, trembling, itching hands. What’s wrong with me…?

All thoughts disappeared as she felt a sturdy pair of palms crash into her back, sending her tumbling to the grass. Growling, she jumped back up to her feet and spun around.

The girl with the rainbow-colored hair had both fists raised high, in her best approximation of the world’s scrawniest boxer. “First you punch Sunset, then Applejack, then Twilight! You seriously think I’m gonna let you hurt my friends again and get away with it?” she shouted, tightening her fists. “No way! I’m gonna kick your—”

Aria punched her in the throat.

The colorful girl fell to the ground, wheezing and sputtering, and the other Rainbooms cringed as one.

An icy calm descended upon Aria. Her heart still raced. Her head still pounded, thoughts still screamed. But her fists tingled with pleasure, and whenever she looked at Rainbow, still spitting up into the grass, she couldn’t help but smile. Giggling breathily, she cracked her knuckles.

‘Nothing. Nothing’s wrong with you.’

She flicked a glance upwards. “Who’s next?”

The remaining Rainbooms stayed frozen. Fear hung in the air as they looked to one another, shaking.

Aria took a step.

At once, the cowgirl threw her bass to the ground, clenched her eyes shut, and sprinted forward. She screamed and raised her fists high into the air, aiming straight for Aria’s head.

Aria took a single step to the side and punched her in the throat.

It was a direct hit this time, and the cowgirl went down hard, hitting her head on a solid clump of dirt. Her breaths sounded like sheet metal being scraped against pavement.

“You’re such a meanie!” the pink one yelled, shooting out of her seat.

Aria ran forward and punched her in the throat before she had a chance to leave her drumset. She toppled over backwards, landing in a puddle of mud.

The quiet one gasped and dropped her tambourine. “Oh goodness—”

Aria smashed the tambourine under her foot and punched the quiet one in the throat. She fell without a sound.

Aria panted. Shivers ran down her sweat-soaked skin. Aria slowly spun around, looking for her next target. When she found her, standing just a few yards away, she licked her lips.

Sunset Shimmer glared at Aria. She gripped a microphone with both hands, squeezing until her knuckles had gone white. She took a long swallow. “I’m not afraid of you.”

Aria laughed. “Really?” She walked forward.

Sunset flinched away—but soon took a breath and matched Aria’s steps. “Really,” she said, holding up the microphone. Her still-scratchy voice croaked from Vinyl’s speakers as she said, “No one is scared of you, siren. We’re not scared of you, we’re not scared of your friends, and we’re not scared of your stupid fists! You’re nothing more than a bully!”

“A bully?” Aria repeated, spitting out the word as if it were dirt. She jerked her head back at the crowd, all of whom were watching the confrontation for themselves. “I’ve enslaved an entire school! I’m one punch away from ruling this stupid planet! I’m not a bully, I’m an empress! A queen! A—”

“I don’t care how many people you control. You’re still just a bully.” Sunset’s eyes suddenly turned calm, turned warm. Her glare softened into a pitiful gaze. “And trust me, Aria: I know how that feels. I was a bully once, too.”

“You don’t know anything!” Aria shouted. Her fists burned. “You’re an idiot!”

“You don’t have to do this,” Sunset rasped, putting down the microphone. They were close enough now that she could reach forward and touch Aria’s shoulder. “You can still walk away. You’re stronger than all of this, Aria, I know you are. All you have to do is—”

Aria punched Sunset in the throat.

Sunset crumpled into the dirt, trying and failing to scream. She could barely breathe as Aria kicked her in the stomach and pinned her shoulders to the ground.

“Never, ever touch me,” Aria hissed. As Sunset started to cry, Aria punched her in the throat one last time before throwing her back down and standing up.

Aria dusted herself off and cast a pointed look over at Vinyl Scratch, who immediately sped away, not even bothering to put away her speakers. Aria smiled and turned her attention back to the small purple girl a few feet away.

Twilight was finally starting to stir again, although she still heaved for breath. Groaning, she tried to lift herself up off the ground—but only shrieked as Aria stepped on her leg. Her whining shouts shot into the air, and flooded Aria’s tongue with a juicy flavor. Twilight’s pathetic pony fear was delicious. Aria saw herself spending weeks chaining Twilight to a wall and sucking her dry, draining every drop of negative energy she held.

But doing that meant keeping this nuisance of a mare alive, and Aria couldn’t have that.

Aria shoved a hand over Twilight’s mouth, grinning as the skinny girl spasmed under her, batting at Aria with limp arms. She dragged a tingling finger over Twilight’s bruised throat, tracing the deep marks her knuckles made just a few minutes ago. One strong punch from this angle and Twilight would choke to death on her own trachea.

Aria had never killed anyone before; she had never been so excited.

Twilight’s hot tears ran down Aria’s fingers. She gazed up at Aria with pleading, twitching eyes.

“See ya,” Aria sang, training her eyes on Twilight’s throat. She stretched out her fingers one last time and raised her fist into the air.

She felt two strong arms hook around her own and lift her into the air, off of Twilight. Scowling, she spun around to face her attacker.

Sonata punched Aria in the throat.

Aria flew back, grunting as she slammed into the ground. Mud splattered across her dress. She glared up at Sonata and tried to scream out a curse—but all that came was a cough. Aria’s eyes went wide as she covered her mouth. It felt like somepony had torched her throat, burning the skin to cinders.

And all the while, Sonata just stood there. She clutched her hands to her chest. Her entire face trembled.

“Wha—” Aria choked out, wincing. She bared her teeth. “What’s wrong with you?”

“You…” Sonata gulped. “You’re my best friend.”

“You’re an idiot.” Aria climbed to her feet. “You want us to starve? We’re about to win, and you’re messing it up!”

A gasping sob escaped Sonata’s throat and she shot both hands to her mouth. “No,” she said, shaking her head. She dropped both arms to her sides and clenched her fists. “I want to take over the world. I do. All I’ve ever wanted is to stop being hungry and get our real bodies back. But none of it’s worth anything if it means losing you.”

“I’m not going to let you ruin this for us,” Aria growled. She pounded her fists together and walked forward.

Sonata’s face had gone pale, but she still gritted her teeth and held her fists up high. “I’m sorry,” was all she said.

Aria jumped at her, aiming straight for the throat. Sonata blocked the hit with her arms and stepped to the side. Aria spun around and threw another punch, but Sonata ducked out of the way and slipped around to Aria’s back. Sonata wrapped her arms around Aria’s stomach and tried to wrestle her to the ground, but Aria cracked an elbow against her nose.

Sonata shrieked, and Aria broke out of her grasp, scrambling away on all fours. As Sonata wiped away the blood now trickling across her lips, Aria tried to catch her breath.

For the first time, Aria noticed Sonata’s toned arms, her long legs. She was lithe, and yet tough. Gangly, and yet solid. When it came down to it, Aria may have been stronger, but Sonata was quicker, more agile. She was—

Sonata ran forward and leapt on Aria, bringing her to the ground. The two rolled down the hill, flailing at one another, wincing as rocks and broken twigs scraped at their skin. Aria yipped when Sonata raked her nails over her eyes. Sonata gasped when Aria bit down on her shoulder. They tumbled down, down, down, until they reached the bottom of the hill and crashed against the stadium wall. Aria’s head smacked against the hard stone, and everything exploded to white.

Aria’s ears rang. Her vision fuzzed. She slapped a palm against her face and tried to shake the fog away, but Sonata was right back on her feet, tackling Aria and ramming her into the wall. Aria bounced off and fell to the dirt, her mouth flooding with mud. She retched up a clump of dirt. Her already-aching throat burned.

Sonata fell to her knees and panted. Sweat and blood dripped from her chin, staining the grass below. Whimpering, she touched a finger to Aria’s bruised cheek.

Aria grabbed her arm. Sonata tried to pull away, but Aria leapt onto her, pressing her into the dirt. Aria snatched a handful of Sonata’s hair and smashed her head against the ground—once, twice, three times—until Sonata was just screaming at her to stop, to let her go, that she was sorry and that she just wanted her friend back.

But Aria wasn’t Sonata’s friend. Aria had never been her friend. Why would Aria ever be friends with trash like Sonata? Why would she ever be friends with anybody on this planet? In this universe? She was better than every single one of them—then, now, and forever.

‘KILL HER.’

Aria’s tongue lolled out of her mouth as she tightened her grip on Sonata’s hair and lifted her itching hand into the air. Her eyes locked on Sonata’s throat. There were goosebumps as she clenched her fist.

They locked eyes, and it felt as if a cold, iron spike had driven through Aria chest, tearing open a hole in her lungs.

It took only a second’s hesitation for Sonata to jerk herself up and push Aria over onto her back. Sonata jumped onto Aria’s stomach and let out a wailing sob before punching Aria in the throat again.

The impact felt like knives scraping themselves along the inside of Aria’s windpipe. Her arms jolted upwards and she tried to push Sonata off, but she only spasmed as Sonata punched her in the throat again.

“I’m sorry!” Sonata said through hitched breaths. She punched Aria in the throat. “I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry!

Aria couldn’t move—she could barely open her eyes. A rock had lodged itself in her collapsing throat, and no air could get through. Crumpled into the mud, Aria was choking to death on her own windpipe. She tried to bat Sonata away one last time, but only managed to lift her arms a few inches before going limp.

The power in her hands, the burning in her knuckles—it was all gone. All she felt was pain, coursing through every cell in her body. She was cold. She was hungry.

The screaming, alien thoughts were gone.

She didn’t want to be here; she didn’t want any of this.

Black splotches swirled through Aria’s vision, and her eyes stung as they welled up with tears. Sonata had stopped punching, only to collapse over Aria’s limp body, bawling into her chest. Sonata beat both bruised hands into the dirt and screamed until even her amulet shone with energy.

All Aria wanted to do was reach out to her, to tell her that everything would be okay, just like Sonata always did when they were hatchlings.

But the last wisps of air had left Aria’s lips and drifted away. She heaved, winced her trachea crumbled. Her body went slack.

Here to sing our song out loud,” a chorus rasped from up the hill. Instruments started a moment later. “Get you dancing with the crowd!

As the world faded away, a rainbow exploded behind Sonata’s head and draped her in shadow. The last thing Aria saw were Sonata’s shining pink eyes before light erased the world around them.

As the music of our friendship…”

Aria’s blood was flame. She tried to scream, but still couldn’t breathe.

Survives! Survives! Survives!

She felt something break away from her. The universe turned to white—and then, nothing.