• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 4,149 Views, 17 Comments

Glimmering Gems - CloudyZu



Twilight demanded Starlight to stay here while she's gone. Starlight finds herself isolated until a certain drake came to cheer her up.

  • ...
7
 17
 4,149

Chapter 2: An Odd Dream

Spike kept telling the moments about the Equestria Games about the times where he gets embarrassed from singing the Cloudsdale Anthem without even knowing the song and lyrics, and also not to forget that he saved everypony from that gigantic mass of ice that was about crash down to the ground inside the stadium where the athletes that were competing for the gold. After with all the ice melted away, gratefully thanking Spike for saving them, he told everypony that he was pretty upset that he failed to ignite the torch by his breath and also didn't follow instructions that Ms. Harshwhinny told him to do. But despite all of the ruckus... Spike did the unthinkable of saving every pony from danger. He was glad that he'll never forget the moment he had where he saved the Equestria Games.

"And that's how I saved every pony at the Equestria Games with all my might!" Spike proudly exclaimed as he placed his hands in his waist with sheer confidence. Starlight chuckled and was amused of hearing the story of Spike saving the Equestria Games.

"Wow... you did risk your life for saving those ponies. That must've been... brave of you!" Starlight said as she smiled at him for his heroic deeds.

"Yup, and that's how I got to be a hero of the Crystal Empire, which is after I got to save the Crystal Empire from King Sombra. And they also built a statue of me with crystals. Those are the moments that I'll never forget about..."

Starlight pulled Spike closer to her placing her right foreleg on his right shoulder with a mischievous grin on her face. "Oh... so if you're the great and honorable Spike the brave and glorious, does any of the crystal mares admire you a lot for being a hero?" Spike was surprised with that question which made him blush.

"Wh-what are you talking about? Not only if almost every pony in the Crystal Empire had a crush on me just because I saved the Crystal Empire once, if they do... that would be crazy weird!" Spike stated with a nervous tone as he begins to laugh nervously.

"Come on Spike, I was just kidding around." Starlight gently punches Spike in his shoulder in a joking manner, which made Spike getting his own composure back. He punched her gently in the shoulder in return as he starts to chortle.

"Hey! I said was kidding around." Starlight giggled while feeling the weak pain, and then she pushed Spike lightly. It seems like she's enjoying herself with Spike alone inside the crystal castle. Like the time where she enjoyed herself alone with Sunburst when they had good times when they were foals. The scene of it was just like a long time ago. She reminded of him of his very first friend.

"So Spike, now that you've told me your bravery towards evil and disaster, how about I told you my past about Su-"

"You told me that story already... like for the past two weeks, I guess..."

"O-oh... right... I was just too excited that you're here..." Starlight stuttered with a nervous laugh as she blushed lightly with embarrassment.

"What...?"

"Nothing!" Starlight exclaimed nervously, quickly pacing her word.

"Okay...?"

The library was now silent as the two awkwardly glanced everywhere around the library while not talking about anything. Little do they know that they were unaware of each other's understandings and all. So Starlight broke all the awkwardly silence away as she began talking to Spike in order to change the subject.

"Sooo Spike, is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Actually, I've got nothing... How about you? Is there anything would you like to talk about?"

Spike then thought of something and said, "How about the time where you met Trixie?"

Starlight perked her ears up which Spike mentioned the name Trixie, her best friend. That actually triggered Starlight's motion which excites her, yet nervous of talking about her. She has nothing to do with Trixie after they were reunited once more despite how things didn't even go as if it was Twilight's fault for not making Starlight her own decisions on befriending any pony. Starlight realized that it was the best to tell him how she met Trixie.

"T-Trixie...? Oh... I met her at the Ponyville Spa right after where I struggled to find a friend which is quite challenging in my perspective." Starlight declared.

"So have you talked to her since then?"

"Well... no, she's probably busy practicing her latest solo performance to impress everypony in Ponyville."

"Oh... wait... that reminds me! Twilight told me that you and Trixie performed a really cool stunt. I thought that Trixie would've got eaten by the manticore, and then you came for her aid to save her by your magic."

Starlight was chuckled, "Yup, and that's how we got to be best friends..."

"I guess you and Trixie are destined to become the best of friends, probably the amazing unicorn duo." Spike admitted.

Starlight chuckled at his statement, "Maybe you're right, I do seem to get along with Trixie even though we had rough times together..."

The two kept talking to each other back and forth, throwing questions and returning answers about their past livelihood that they've experienced so far, all about their ways and morals. Every scenario and every part of their adventures, they kept talking about it in every hour until it was getting late. They were chatting way too long.

"By the way... it's getting pretty late... Looks like I really need to get to bed." Spike said as he yawned, groggily.

"Oh! Right... get to bed... yeah... me too..." Starlight felt a little disappointed as she watched Spike walking to his room which basically leads to Twilight's room, regardless to say if it is his room. Before Starlight could say anything, Spike suddenly stopped here for a moment feeling a bit anxious. Starlight came to him with concern and then grew baffled at the little dragon's odd behavior.

"What's the matter Spike? You seem to be scared of some sort..."

"Um Starlight...?"

"Yes Spike?"

"W-would you not mind if you wanted to... stay in my room...?" Spike said as he barely reassured.

Starlight blushed furiously while hearing the words of Spike. This isn't a joke, he's pretty serious about it. Starlight was now nervous as she shivered her legs lightly. So she replied while stuttering, barely uttering her words.

"U-uhm... why?" Starlight asked with nervousness.

"Uh... Twilight told me that you can sleep in her room while she's gone if you'd like, even though Twilight and I had the same room together... It's okay if you refuse..."

"O-oh... so that's why you're acting funny for all the sudden?"

"Yeah..."

"Spike, I'm not really interested in staying in your bedroom, really..." Starlight reassured.

"Oh... so it's a no?"

Starlight nods, confirming that she's made up her decision seriously. Although, it didn't make Spike look upset about letting her stay in Twilight's room for her to sleep there, it contended him with relief. She's actually okay of resting in her own room alone even if she wanted too. Nevertheless, he made his way to Twilight's room without feeling doubtful as he was not trying to remember what happened a while ago. And as for Starlight, she made her way back into her room while her cheeks are in full shade of red with embarrassment. Her mind starts to race her thoughts to what happened a minute ago.

"What was Spike even thinking...?!" Starlight thought to herself while her face is in red.

"Maybe those are his own reasons..."

"I think I should wipe all my embarrassment away by going to sleep... I'm exhausted." Starlight yawned softly.

Starlight leapt into her bed, covered herself with her blanket as she stares up at the ceiling feeling a bit uncomfortable not because of her bed getting cramped, but because of her times with Spike with all those weird feelings around her. At first, she was very glad to have Spike around here in the library, trying her best to cheer up by telling her the story of how he became a hero to the Crystal Empire after she was feeling down getting all worried to Twilight and her friends. To her thoughts to Spike, he was pretty cheerful whenever Starlight's around alone. It made her think that she may developed feelings for him for a bit, which she denied of thinking that way. So she drifted herself to sleep as she slowly closed her eyes. "Please be careful, Twilight..." She faintly whispered, still remembering her friend.

Starlight woke up in a middle of a meadow with all the flowers blooming around her, wind gently blows through the sky, and the atmosphere of the scenery is quite beautiful and divine. "Where am I...?" She had no idea where she came here into this magnificent field of flowers. She stands there bewildered, watching the petals fly above the sky and feeling the sweet scent by the flower's aroma. "This place is... quite extraordinary...." That's all she could say in awe. Then she heard a noise rustling through the flower fields. She perked her ears up as she noticed a certain purple dragon walking through the flowers. It seems that the little dragon was walking towards Starlight! And then he stopped as he is facing her. Starlight realized that the purple dragon that has been walking towards him was Spike.

"Starlight?"

Starlight was blushing lightly as she gazed at Spike's beautiful emerald eyes with a shocking yet dreamy look on her face.

"Spike...? What is this about?" Starlight asked in a calm and soothing tone.

Before Spike could explain, he gently plucked a flower, holding its stem with his right claw. Starlight was completely astonished of Spike holding a flower, thinking that he was about to give to her. She can't help herself but to blush at him at the sight of his handsomeness.

"About you Star..." Spike gently placed a flower on Starlight's mane with a cute smile, calling her Star as her nickname made her blush even more.

Starlight giggled sweetly, "Spike... you shouldn't ha-" Before she could finish her sentence, Spike pulled her closer to his face, locking his eyes to hers.

"Star... there's something I've been wanting to say to you..." Starlight was still gazing at his eyes as she anticipates before he could utter those words. "I love you... I've always loved you..."

The words that Spike uttered made Starlight shed multiple tears of joy. She happily pounces Spike with a loving embrace, locked him up with a love hug. She replied back saying, "I love you too!" He returned the hug while he was being squeezed by the unicorn's grip. The two broke the hug as they now stare into each others eyes. They inched closer to their faces, closing their eyes as they were about to have their magical moment until...

"Spike!!! Spike!!! What are you... Gah!!!" She woke up with fear. Just at that very moment, it was interrupted by her wake.

"W-what was that all about...?" Starlight questions herself as she sat up on her bed feeling twitchy.

"It was just a dream a really... weird dream to put into that... but... why would I dream something about Spike being sweet and gentlemanly towards me...? I-Isn't he younger than you?" She stuttered with her reactions about the dreams she's having, she could hear Spike's voice coming through the door.

"Starlight! Starlight, what's wrong?!" Spike asked with concern as he barged through the door.

Starlight's heart skipped a beat as she heard the door crashed. Spike came across to Starlight's bed with full of worry. Starlight tries her best not to blush but it didn't last that long, so she relented with a blush. "S-s-spike...? W-what are you doing here...?", She stuttered.

"I came here to check on you Starlight. When I heard you screaming and calling my name, it brought my attention to you that you needed me. So here I am." Spike said with concern.

"W-wait... was I... screaming your name...?" Starlight asked with complete horror.

"Well, there's no lying about it, I definitely heard you scream." Spike told the truth that he wasn't lying, she was actually screaming after that weird dream she's having. All she could say is "Oh..." as her reaction.

"So... has something been bothering you? Is it about that dream you're having?" Spike asked Starlight with a worried tone.

"No..." Starlight lied reassuringly.

"Then what has been going through your mind lately? You look scared for all the sudden..." Spike said with a worried tone.

Starlight hasn't said anything but all she could do is lie about her having dreams of her and Spike, but she lied directly without any doubt at all. She was shaking with anxiety that Spike could barely notice her fear, but he was still dense. Her decision of lying to him about her having dreams about him is actually the best choice she made, not only to make Spike's feelings a bit weird if she told him the truth, on the other hoof it's best for her to keep her mouth shut. But, she regretted on lying to her friend who was really worried. Spike wanted to know what's been bothering her, although he wasn't that stupid enough to know that she was lying. So he hopped on Starlight's bed with a serious look on his face.

"Don't tell me you're lying..." Spike stated seriously.

Starlight was blushing immensely as she didn't even know what was coming but to watch Spike hop into her bed. Her heart beats fast when Spike's staring at her sternly. She used her magic to cover herself with her blanket, but that didn't stop him from hiding the truth. However, it seems like Spike's been bothering her. He actually didn't want to force her to speak out, he was trying to help her from her problems, but it looked like he took way too seriously to her. Starlight felt ashamed for hiding herself from Spike, feeling this odd essence around her to him.

Starlight's inner conscience told her to stay calm, "It's okay Starlight, he'll probably leave for a-" But then it was interrupted by Spike's voice as he spoke out softly to her.

"S-starlight...?" Spike asked her lightly with concern. He patted Starlight's left shoulder even though she covered herself with her blanket.

Starlight hasn't uttered a single word on her mouth, so she stood silent without responding to Spike. In the inside of her thoughts, she's really eager to tell Spike about her dream.

"I-I guess it's best for me to leave you alone for your sleep, if this is what you want..." Spike stated as he hopped off of her bed feeling unhappy for what he did to her.

"S-spike..." Starlight murmured sadly.

Spike started walking towards the door unhappily. Starlight wanted to tell him about her dreams but she was still nervous. Spike stopped there for a moment while not facing Starlight before he could reach the doorknob to open, "Starlight... I know you can hear me but to tell you this... I was just worried of you... I mean, you desperately called out my name like you're in danger, and after I came into your room, you think that I did something wrong, didn't I?"

Starlight could still hear Spike while she's still covering herself up, "S-spike... I-I didn't say it was y-" Spike interrupted again as he continued.

"I was just trying to help out your problems... but then I was the one who made you upset." Spike went out of Starlight's room but he was still grasping the doorknob as he stopped again, "Anyways... goodnight, Starlight...". He finally closed the door quietly as not to disturb Starlight. And so Starlight lied on her bed once again feeling bad about what she said to him. She lied to him that she was feeling fine but she wasn't.

"What have I done...? I should've told him right after he asked me that very moment, but then I lied to him!" Starlight thought to herself.

"Fine... I'm gonna tell him about the dreams I'm having!" Starlight exclaimed.

"But... what if he's scared of me right after when I told everything about my dream!?"

"You don't know whether it's gonna happen or not, you have to at least try." Her inner conscience told her.

"Maybe you're right, I should tell him!" Starlight yawned, feeling very tired that she wasn't yet motivated. The night was getting late as she realized that was past 1 AM. "Maybe I should tell him later..." She went back to bed, tucked herself with her blanket, drifting her back to sleep.

It was now morning as the sun rose beautifully by Celestia's power and possession. The birds chirp gracefully, the wind blows breezily, and also the ponies having their morning routines, taking breakfasts, etc. A ray of sunshine shone across the castle's window were Starlight was sleeping. The beam of sunlight aimed on her face making her to lose weariness of her sleep. She opened her eyes groggily that she realized it was now daytime. She hopped off of bed and slowly makes her way to the bathroom to groom herself up.

Starlight gazed at the mirror to her reflection with her mane all tangled, "Geez... I look like a mess!", she exclaimed to herself while facing the mirror. So she used her magic to levitate her brush and gently brushed her mane thoroughly. Starlight was calm in the process while she's still fixing her mane style. She wasn't thinking about how what happened last night. After she finishes her mane fixed, she made her way to the throne room where Twilight and her friends were at for meetings, discussions, etc. Starlight are now up to the thoughts of Twilight whether is she going to be okay... or not if anything goes wrong, but she wasn't worried about Twilight that much. She then made her way to the castle's main gate as she was about to go outside. Before Starlight could exit her way outside, she could hear a voice calling her name.

"Starlight... where are you going?" Spike asked in a worried tone on his voice.

"Uhm... going outside for some fresh air." Starlight stated with a nervous smile, but then her conscience told her that it is time to explain to him, "Starlight! This is your chance! Tell him about that dream you're having!!!", her inner conscience made her gulp with fear.

"B-but before I go outside, there's something that I want to explain about last night of my... odd behavior towards you." Starlight reassured.

Spike sighed, "Starlight, that's fine... I wouldn't want to force you to speak about how you're feeling. Maybe it's because of me that I'm involved of."

"Spike, it wasn't you that upsets me. It's because of...."

"Because of... what?" Spike raised his eyebrow with curiosity.

"A dream I'm having last night..."

"Oh... so you were dreaming... dreaming of what, exactly?"

"A-About-" Before Starlight could finish her sentence, she was interrupted once again by the sound of the gates swiftly opened and thudded against the walls. Then a certain blue unicorn appeared with a joyous look on her face. Starlight has lost all of her confidence again and wouldn't regain it, as she took her eyes away off from him and facing to the pony that entered the castle that it was none other than Trixie Lulamoon herself, her best friend.

"Hi Starlight!" Trixie greeted her gleefully.

"Trixie...!?" Starlight said surprisingly.

End of Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Update about me: I'm back once again. Here making Chapter 2 of Glimmering Gems. :yay:
It's been a year now ever since I've published my first Chapter. While I was gone for my long hiatus, I was significantly busy on one of my important social media accounts, like DeviantArt and Tumblr and such. But now I've just remembered that I've completely forgotten to write down Chapter 2! And there we go, here's the second Chapter that you're all waiting. Also I forgot to say that I apologize for the long wait...

Yup, I added Trixie in the story...


PS: (If there are any errors from this fic, please inform this to me in the comments below and I'll revise it immediately. And please don't judge or talk nonsense about the fanfictions I made, I'm still a beginner.) :ajbemused:

Comments ( 5 )

8551595
I'm actually working on it~! :raritywink:

That third chapter never did see the light of day

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa if only this story was all the way finished so i didn't have to wait for chapters ://////

Login or register to comment