• Published 12th Jun 2016
  • 350 Views, 0 Comments

Finding Home - D Historian



Shortly after the beginning of Celestia and Luna's reign. They miss their mother, who perished due to her mortality. Sisterly Love ensues.

  • ...
 0
 350

Finding Home

Finding Home

A slight draft beat against the sloping slender branch of the large willow tree, its olive coloured leaves, tiny and delicate, melting together in the golden evening light. The air was full of an earthen smell, the scent of the ground and sweat. A slight bird’s chirp would cut through the autumn dry air, followed by a faint rustling of leaves when it took off.

The dark blue mare, her lighter blue hair flowing eternally, even though it was an occasion when a breeze would wind itself through the forest to reach her. Her large feathered wings were the same colour as her coat, albeit each tip was slightly darker. She stalked the ground with a quiet grace, each hoof coming down silently on the red and gold leaves. She paused slightly before the willow tree, before making her way swiftly around, to look at the pony lying upon the willow’s great brown roots.
The white pony was sprawled regally, her multi-coloured hair askew and clinging on her delicate face due to sweat, but was still beautiful and had a general air of sereneness that followed her wherever she went.

The dying light of the sun filtered through the willow’s yellowing leaves and shone onto the white mare’s face, making her glow and her amethyst eyes sparkling with a fierce intensity.

The blue mare, still silently stalking the other pony, gazed at her, hidden from the pony’s view by the great brown trunk of the willow. She stood in the peaceful atmosphere for a moment longer, cocking her head, as though confused or curious, causing her hair to drift over her face by the unknown force that kept it flowing.

The stalker’s black hood, worn roughly and hastily, slapped heavily against her hind legs and wings, but the mare took no heed, continuing to gaze at her object of attention. A wind blew against the black hood, causing the cloth to drop, revealing her face. The narrow face with high cheek bones was framed in royal blue tendrils, large teal eyes, dark and passionate, stared from endless pools, making the mare seem older than she looked.

A silvery black substance, looking like liquid midnight, was wound into a small and dainty crown, glowing brighter in the fading sunlight, was worn proudly on the stalker’s brow, much contrasting with the white gold one lying, abandoned, at the other pony’s hooves, a sparkling gemstone embedded deep. The crown caught a sliver of light, flashing, drawing the stalker’s gaze to it. She tutted and moved swiftly from behind the willow, coughing, making her presence known to the white mare.

From where she stood, Luna could see what her sister had been doing. As the white alicorn moved to face Luna, she exposed freshly mowed dirt, dark from dampness and framing little white-green shoots, poking resiliently and stubbornly out. Luna curved her lips slightly at the little plants’ determination.

“Were you looking for me, Luna?” The smooth and serene voice, so much like their mother’s, brought to mind a gentle field of flowers swaying in the wind. Luna tilted her head, sensing an emotion that lay hidden deep in her sister’s eyes. Sadness.

“Not really, Sister, but now that we found thee, we are interested to what thy had been doing.”

Celestia chuckled at her sister’s way of phrasing, shaking her head at the old Equestrian speak. The humour was cut abruptly when Luna suddenly took two steps forward, shedding her black leather coat at the same time, and grabbed her sister in warm hug.

Tears, shiny and small, sparked in Celestia’s eyes. She smiled and enveloped her sister with her own larger white wings, much like an angel’s.

“You always know when I’m feeling down, don’t you?”

“Of course, Tia. We are thy sister. It is our duty to be perspective and offer aid and fellowship.”

Celestia tightened their embrace, feeling tears run down her cheek and drip into her sister’s blue hair. The hair, whatever material it was, was absorbent, apparently. Luna smiled into her sister’s furry chest, the heartbeat thumping against her ear. She felt revived, hearing the sound.

“We…I love you, Tia.”

“I do too.”

Luna pushed her sister off, laughing, her lilting voice filling the air, several startled birds flapping in surprise. Her tone and expression turned serious, shifting abruptly.

“Would you like to tell me what you were sad about?”

Celestia sighed deeply, turning away to gaze at the little green white shoots, still being as determined as ever, the little leaves becoming brighter than ever, even though the purple-red sky was darkening, the sun becoming a golden halo on the horizon. Luna followed her gaze. Her breath quickened and her eyes widened in shock.

“Are those…?”

“Yes.”

Luna scooted down to the bronze and damp dirt, ignoring the mud that clung to her hooves. The damp smell was even stronger, and the turquoise eyes were inquisitively staring at the little plants.

“Wow. You managed to save them.”

“Yes.”

“Mother’s plants.”

They stood there, both stooping to gaze and the golden green plants, leaves waving in the wind. Luna’s eyes drifted occasionally to her sister, whose silent tears was watering the plants in a little sparkly sprinkle.

Celestia’s eyes were closed, her mind filled with memories.
~

“Celly! Get back here! You’re not allowed to eat the cookies yet!”

The tiny giggling foal scampered on.
~

“Little princess lie,
Close your eyes against the sun,
My love will never die,
Wherever you may run.”
The candle was blown out and a warm kiss was delivered to the little foal’s brow, her eyes shut and fast asleep.
~
“Tia?”
The princess of Equestria opened her eyes to look at her kingdom, in its night time glory. Stars twinkled overhead, the moon shining and casting a silver beam onto her sister’s narrow face. The aqua eyes glittered softly in the dark.
“You miss mother, don’t you?”
Celestia exhaled softly onto the plants, causing their leaves to shiver.
“Yes.”
Her sister gazed at her worryingly, patting her wings. Her black cloak lay forgotten in a corner, before a wind took it and thrust it at the sky and at adventure, where its story would be written by somepony else. Luna nuzzled her big sister.
“I hope you’ll find rest one day, Celly. I know you’ll find where you belong.”
A grin spread across Celestia’s face.
“I already have.”

Author's Note:

I don't own the MLP characters. Celestia and Luna's mother is an OC.
This is for my little sister, the Celestia of the family!:pinkiehappy::heart:
Man that ending's cliche.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment