• Published 12th Jul 2017
  • 4,348 Views, 65 Comments

Tails of Fate - CroisSunnyPlay



A man who gets displaced as Tails the Fox right after seeing his daughter die. Will Equestria and it's ponies help him find again what he lost, or is he destined to be a Lone Fox for the rest of his life?

  • ...
6
 65
 4,348

Bonus: Alternate Ending 1

NEUTRAL END 1
FOX OF LEGENDS

((Third Person))

After defeating Eggman, Tails stood over his destroyed floating pod, his expression blank as he stared at the mad doctor.

"How dare you..." Said Eggman. "This was not supposed to happen, this world should have been mine! My plans, shattered! Curse you, fox... CURSE YOU!!!"

Tails however, wasn't phased by that. "Your plan was foolish. If not me, then another would have come and done the same. You will never have your way with the world." He then raised his right hand, coating it with Chaos Energy. "Your time has come. Goodbye, doctor."

"NOOOOOO..."

The mane six, arrived in time to see Tails driving his hand through Eggman's heart. They instantly turned green in the face, and Fluttershy fainted. They kept looking in horror at they scene in front of them while Tails walked towards the Master Emerald. Even if some things caught his attention during all this, he ultimately decided that he shouldn't worry about them. It was time to go.

"My job here is done. I'll leave the cleanup to you." He said.

"W-wait!" Shouted Twilight, forcing herself to swallow the bile rising in her throat. "W-what are you gonna do now? Where are you going?"

"I'm going back to the Everfree Forest. With this treath taken care of, I am not needed anymore. So from now on, please refrain from bothering me in my forest. I would appreciate that."

He turned to them as he put his hand on the Master Emerald and offered a nod.

"Farewell."

And with that, he teleported away. The rest of the mane six then proceeded to free the princesses, who then helped with the cleanup. After Eggman was defeated by Tails, all his robots stopped functioning, so now they were only a bunch of scrap metal. Also, on their way, the mane six found Pipsqueak and escorted him to the palace, and from there, back to his home. The princesses also disposed of Eggman's... Corpse. This was the end of it. They all sighed in relief. Things could finally go back to normal. Though this day would be forever marked in the memories of everypony involved, and they would never forget the one who saved them, not because he needed to, but because he wanted to. They would do their best to keep the memory of their savior alive.


SEVERAL YEARS LATER...

Despite the efforts, Tails faded into history and became nothing more than a legend for those who didn't knew him. Sadly too, five of the mane six have passed away recently, and one of them went off on a journey. Histories of both theirs and Tails' feats were passed down along the generations. Many were awed by the histories, and part of them believed those to be true. There were also those who thought that it was only an old mare's tale, but they were few.

Along the years, Ponyville has grown and prospered, due to it being the location of the supposed historical events. Many turists came and went, and some even settled down in there. Sweet Apple Acres became a famous exporter of apple-related products, ranging from food items to cleaning products, all under the name of the owner, AppleBloom, her wife and supporter, Diamond Tiara, and their adopted daughter, Golden Skies.

Similarly, Carousel Boutique became quite famous in the clothing department, having at least of shop on each of the major towns, such as Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus, The Cristal Empire, etc. All of this thanks to the owner Sweetie Belle, who is also a famous singer, having done many shows around the world, and her niece, Pearl Blaze, one of the few Kirin to live in Equestria.

The same could be said for Sugarcube Corner, ran by the twins Pound and Pumpkin Cake and their cousin, Cotton Pie. Sugarcube Corner is now the main supplier of sweets for the major towns of Equestria, resulting in them hiring ponies who could help them with the orders, and expanding their business. No other sweets could compare to theirs.

Scootaloo herself became Captain of the Wonderbolts, once her wings grew in fully, she discovered she was as fast, if not faster, than Rainbow Dash, and began the arduous process of climbing up the ladder to the top at the Woderbolts Academy. She got together with Rumble some years later, and had a beautiful daughter, which they named Spectrum due to her resemblance to Scoots deceased idol.

Fluttershy's Animal Sanctuary, which was named after her to keep her memory alive in the hearts of everypony, has expanded a lot, housing some of the most endangered species of animals, like the albino mountain bats, and the wall-eyed spitter snake (as the name implies, it was a snake with eyes pointing in different directions from each other that sometimes spit uncontrollably). It was now run by her daughter Pandora, the first draconequus to be natural born in thousands of years.

The Everfree Forest however, was one of the few things to remain unchanged by time. It's area never expanded or shrunk, due to a certain Cristal Tree, along with a certain big gem now, keeping it in control.

Now, we take a look at the Friendship Castle, which name was agreed to remain unchaged. Here on the balcony, we see Starlight Glimmer, Princess Of Time, overlooking the once small town of Ponyville. She ruffled her wings, barely resisting the urge to jump off the balcony and go for a flight around the town, as she still had some duties to perform.

Starlight ascension happend when she used her magic in a powerful Time spell to revert all damages that a small town suffered from a rampaging dragon. The cause of the attack was never discovered, and said dragon seemed to have no memory of what happened after coming to his senses. Everypony was amazed by her mastery of Time Magic and praised Starlight. She explained that she did it out of her own will to help them before disappearing in a blinding flash of light. When she finally returned, everypony was even more shocked to see her as an Alicorn. Slowly, she got used to the status and accepted it, promising to only use her magic for the good of the ponies. She was greatly saddened when her best friends, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Trixie Lulamoon passed away and when her mentor, Twilight Sparkle along with her assistant Spike left for their journey. They do keep in touch via letter though.

Starlight turned when a guard informed her that the guests arrived. She thanked the guard and went to the meeting room, where she was greeted by the King of The Changelings, Thorax and The Dragon Lord, Ember. She smiled at them.

"Ember, Thorax, I'm so glad you came!" She said.

Ember offered a nod and a smile while Thorax rushed in for a bear hug, which nearly crushed Starlight.

"I missed you so much! How are you?"

"Ack... In need of... Air..." Starlight choked out, causing Thorax to release her immediately.

"Oh, sorry! I guess I was just excited to see you again..." He said with a sheepish smile.

Starlight took some healthy gulps of air while Ember snickered. After recovering, she directed her gaze to the two rulers. Thorax remained relatively unchanged, but that was probably him using his magic to mask his age. Ember had grown some over the years, but wasn't still too big, she was probably two heads taller than Princess Celestia. She was wearing her ceremonial armor, a variation of the one she used on the Gauntlet of Fire. She smiled as memories of how they first met came to mind. They all have been great friends since that day.

"It's alright. How have you two been? I heard Smolder and Ocellus are planning to travel around with the others to spread what they learned?" Starlight asked.

Thorax smiled eagerly. "It's true! I am so proud of Ocellus, to think that when she first arrived here she was really shy, now she can talk openly with anyone and is really comfortable in her natural form."

"At first I didn't think Smolder would really want to stay and learn at the school, but I must say, I'm glad she did. It really made her attitude a lot better, and she has made some great friends." Ember nodded. "By the way, how's the school doing?"

"Oh, it's doing great! It was a little hard to find new teachers after... Y'know, but we managed, and have a lot more students this time. Scootaloo is doing a very good job, even though she really didn't like school when she was younger. Same goes for AppleBloom and Sweetie Belle, sometimes the three even get together to make field lessons for some foals who don't have their cutie marks, and even Flurry Heart came over to help. It's been nice seeing her around." Starlight smiled fondly, looking out of a window at the school beside the castle.

They talked about multiple topics, including how Twilight would be coming by to spend a month before leaving to Neighpon, and they were all eager to see their old friend again.

While that was happening, we see a curious group of foals standing in front of the dreaded Everfree Forest. This group consisted of Spectrum, Golden Skies, Pearl Blaze, Cotton Pie, and Pandora.

Spectrum was an ocean blue pegasus, her short messy mane being a multicolored consisting of all the colors in a rainbow, the reason being, as explained by her mother, that one of her ancestors had that mane color, but it had never appeared again in the family until now. She had magenta colored eyes. She was as tomboyish as you could get.

Golden Skies too was a pegasus, she had dull gold fur and her blond braided man had one of her mother's old bows atop it. Her eyes were a beautiful emerald color, which her mother said, in these exact words, that they "remind me of yer aunt Applejack". Her southern accent wasn't as thick as her mother's, but it was still present.

Pearl Blaze was a white Kirin (half pony half dragon) with green spikes amidst her light purple mane and going down her back to her dragon-esque tail, instead of hooves, her legs ended in claws. On her head, two dragon horns pointed backwards while her unicorn horn angled upwards at the front, and her mouth sported a razor sharp row of teeth. Her eyes were ocean blue with a hint of green on them, which contained slit pupils. She had that 'prim and proper' air about her, just like how her mother was.

Cotton Pie was a cream earth pony with a curly light brown mane, which made her often joke that she was a 'vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting'. Her eyes a soft blue color. She was hyperactive most of the time, almost never managing tonsit still, unless something really caught her attention.

Lastly, there was Pandora. She was rather odd for a draconequus, what with her body being so... Simmetrical. That meant her limbs on one side of her body were the same as the other side. Her body was a brown color, and two dark grey dragon wings rested on her back. Her arms were two lion paws while her legs were two brown hooves. Her serpentine tail was a pink color, with a lighter pink tuft of fur on the end. On her head there were two black horns, that slightly arched backwards out of her white and pink striped mane. Finally, here eyes were a soft pink color, while the sclera was yellow. She was rather shy, but there were times where her attitude would do a complete 180 and she would become a cheerful jokester, like Cotton.

The odd group stared at the forest for a time before any of them spoke.

"Are ya sure about this, Spectrum?" Asked Golden Skies. "I mean, what ya just told us is just an old mare's tale."

"Of course I am! And I'm sure you heard about how Nightmare Moon wasn't an old mare's tale and was real, so why wouldn't this one be too?" Spectrum crossed her hooves while hovering over the group.

"Oh I'm not sure... This forest is really scary, and I heard a lot of monsters live here, from Timberwolves to Manticores, and Cragdiles and..." Pandora said tapping two fingers together.

"What are you, chicken?" Spectrum smirked. Pandora's eyes narrowed before she shot a sly smile at her.

"Well, I wasn't the one that didn't know how to fly until a few days ago."

"Yeah, want to come over and say that to my face!?" Thankfully, the two were interrupted by Pearl before things could escalate.

"Really girls, must you do this every time? This is getting old really quick. Also why do we have to go in there? This forest is so... Uurgh!" She said while cringing at the thought of getting her impeccable fur dirty. It was rather hard to clean, since under the fur she had scales.

"But it could be fun!" Cotton Pie said, hopping around the group. "Imagine if the legend really is true, we can become really popular, and make a new friend in the process!"

"Alright then, it's settled! Let's get going!" Spectrum proclaimed as she flew into the forest.

"Consarnit, Spectrum! Wait for us!" Golden grumbled as she followed her friend, with the others following suit.

The Everfree Forest was labeled as dark and foreboding, stories being passed that as soon as you stepped inside it would become even darker, as if the forest itself was trying to scare the ones in it. But this didn't happen. Instead, as soon as the foals crossed the tree line into the forest, a warm sense of safety washed over them, as if there was someone keeping watch over them, making sure they didn't hurt themselves. This confused the group, but they just shrugged and kept going.

While going towards the old castle, where the supposed legend was located, the ground stumbled upon a sleeping Timberwolf. Trying to make their way around the ferocious beast, Cotton accidentally stepped on a twig, causing a loud snap to be heard and subsequently waking up the wolf. The group seized up, already looking for a ways to escape, but were surprised when the wolf lifted it's head to look at them for a moment before laying back down, producing sounds that were akin to sleepy grumbling. The foals, deciding to not question their luck, walked away as fast as they could, looking back every now and then to make sure the wolf was not following them, and surprisingly, it wasn't.

A few minutes of uneventful walking later, the group arrived at where the rope bridge was supposed to be. But instead of falling apart wooden planks on an unstable rope, they found a sturdy and safe looking stone bridge. They once again decided not to question and crossed the bridge, soon entering the old castle. The rubble that once littered the place was cleaned, most of the holes on the walls fixed, and a lot of the broken windows replaced. Golden scratched her head.

"Ah don't understand. If this place is as old as they say, why does it looks like this?"

"Yeah, shouldn't it be, like, a lot more broken than this?" Spectrum asked.

"Hey girls, come check out what I found!" Cotton's voice came from a doorway, the group finally noticing that she wasn't with them.

They followed her voice and found her at what seemed to be the throne room. How she got there they didn't know, but had an answer. It was just Cotton being Cotton. As soon as they entered, they noticed a glow coming from the other side of the room. Looking over, the foals saw a pedestal containing a huge green gem, surrounded by seven smaller gems of different colors.

"Oh my... Those gems look so beautiful and... So tasty..." Pearl was trying hard not droll at the sight of the magnificent gems.

"They look cool enough. Think somepony left them here and hasn't come back?" Spectrum said flying closer to take a better look.

"Ooh, and theybare all glowy! I like it!" Cotton giggled.

"I don't think we should be messing with them... What if the owner come back and gets angry at us for messing with their things?" Pandora said, fidgeting in place, the gems however were making a warm and soothing energy wash over her, calming her down.

"Ah agree with Pandora. We should just leave now, we weren't even supposed to be in the forest in the first place!" Golden supported her friend.

"Oh c'mon! Can't wejust take at least one?" Spectrum crossed her hooves while Cotton nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! There plenty of them here!"

"Pearl, c'mon back me up here!" Golden looked at her kirin friend but only fachoofed at the sight of her now drooling openly at the gems. "Argh, fine! But only one!" She grumbled.

The three cheered and Pearl was about to levitate one of the gems out of the pedestal before a loud "AHEM" brought their attention tonthe doorway. There stood a bipedal fox-like creature, it's fur was orange with white details on it's belly and the area around it's mouth, blue colored eyes, white gloves on it's hands and red and white shoes on it's feet. The most striking thing about the fox however, was it's two tails waving about behind it, being the same color as it's fur with white tips. Tails had his arms crossed as he stared at the foals with a raised eyebrow, his right foot tapping on the ground.

"May I know what are you foals doing here in my forest?"

The scene looked oddly familiar to him for some reason.

Author's Note:

A little something to keep you guys entertained while I work on my other stories. I would like to remind you guys that this story is already open to crossovers, Tails' token being the cover art. PM me if you're interested so we can discuss how to do it.

Headcannons:

*Scootaloo visited Tails sometimes, and the exposure to the Chaos Energy has triggered her wings growth, making her wingspan bigger than that of an average pegasus and turning her into the fastest flier in Equestria, making Rainbow proud before she passed away;

*Sweetie Belle discovered how she loved singing, so she started doing shows for charity, and soon climbed up the ladder of the celebrities, becoming one of the most prestigious singer in Equestria;

*AppleBloom and Diamond Tiara grew closer as time passed due to the Apples and the Richs partnership in business, and it wasn't long before they realized they had feelings for each other. A few years later, they married and adopted Golden;

*Twilight and Spike left Equestria to travel to other places so she could learn all that was possible about different types of magic and the culture of other places, but they still stop by every now and then, Spike more so than Twilight so he can see his daughter;

Implied ships:

Discord x Fluttershy

Pinkie Pie x Cheese Sandwich

Spike x Rarity

Please leave a comment telling me what you think! Sunny leaves. BREAD FOR EVERYPONY!!!