• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 790 Views, 22 Comments

Fluffy Fiction (Leaked MLP Season 7!) - VitalSpark



Angel Bunny and Opalescence write the scripts for season 7 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
0
 22
 790

Episode 4 — Hearth's Warming Steve

Steven Magnet wiped his forehead and flopped onto the park bench, having deposited his heavy bags of Hearth’s Warming Eve shopping. Being a sea serpent, his body was far too long to fit on the bench, but he did the best he could.

Once he’d caught his breath, he cracked his knuckles and was surprised but pleased to see his dear old friend Cranky Doodle Donkey out for a walk in the park with his new wife Matilda. “Cranky!” he called out, for only Matilda called him “Doodles”.

Cranky and Matilda smiled widely and trotted slowly over towards the giant purple reptile. “Steven, how good it is to see you,” Cranky said.

Steven threw his hands up in the air. “It’s simply fabulous! I’m hardly ever in town, but I decided to do a bit of Hearth’s Warming shopping, so here I am!”

“Well, we’re actually in a bit of a rush ourselves, but now you mention Hearth’s Warming Eve…” — Cranky paused and looked at Matilda who nodded — “we’d love it if you could come to our house for lunch. We’re doing a full traditional dinner with all the trimmings!”

“Ummm…” — Steven gulped — “yes, sure.” After all, it had been so long since he’d spent any time with his friend. He’d have to go back to the Carousel Boutique on the way home and cancel on Rarity. It was a shame because she’d been so excited to invite him that afternoon, but he was sure it was just her generosity of spirit, not wanting him to be alone on that special day.

After a few minutes chatting, the donkey couple headed off and Steven headed home, completely forgetting to go back into town to go and see Rarity.

Steven dropped his heavy bags as soon as he’d stepped through his front door. He brewed himself a nice cup of tea and sat down to relax. Almost as soon as he’d taken his first sip of tea, there was a ring on the doorbell. He sighed and went to answer the door.

It was the mail stallion, Care Package. Steven signed for the letter and the postal worker left, smiling, on his way to his next delivery. The serpent sat back down with his tea and tore open the envelope.

Dear Steven

You are invited to a party at Discord’s house.

Hearth’s Warming Eve, noon.

That was nice of him, thought Steven. Well, I suppose there’s no harm in stopping in on the way to Cranky’s. I’ll avoid eating anything. It’ll be fine.

Cranky… Rarity… I forgot to cancel. Steven facepalmed, almost messing up his beautifully styled moustache.

The day finally arrived. Hearth’s Warming Eve.

Steven checked his watch. 11.30. Time to begin his swim upstream to Discord’s. He knocked on the door, at just past noon, bracing himself for pandemonium.

Instead he was greeted by a rather sedate scene. Seated around a dinner table were Discord, the Smooze, and Silver Spoon.

The filly looked at Steven. “No, I don’t know why I’m here either.”

Steven took the last empty seat at the table. “I… didn’t realize this was a dinner party.”

“Why, of course,” Discord replied. “I wouldn’t ask you around at lunch time and not provide any food. That wouldn’t be very friendly of me.”

Dinner consisted of roast chimera, with potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and gravy. It was washed down with plenty of chocolate milk, fresh from a cloud of Discord’s own creation.

Steven left the house about an hour and a half later, comfortably full, and headed straight to Rarity’s intending to make his excuses quickly before heading to Cranky’s.

But it didn’t work out that way. Rarity had made Steven’s absolute favourite — smoked salmon. He couldn’t resist sitting down for another Hearth’s Warming Eve dinner. It was only a light lunch after all — salmon and salad with orange juice to drink. But it was followed by ham, cheeses, pickles, bread, crackers, and chutneys, none of which Steven could turn down.

Late in the afternoon, the sun low in the sky, and a few crisp snowflakes starting to fall, Steven approached Cranky’s door with an already full belly.

Matilda lead him through to a beautifully decorated dining room and sat him down between her and her husband.

Steven watched while Matilda brought out hay roast, with vegetables and a savoury seaweed pie. His stomach gurgled.

He raised the first mouthful to his lips, opened his mouth, but just couldn’t put the delicious-looking food inside. Sighing, he put his fork down.

“What’s wrong?” Matilda asked. “Not salty enough? I know you’re a sea serpent, so I wasn’t sure…”

“No, it’s not that,” Steven admitted. “It’s just… I’ve already eaten… twice.” He buried his face in his hands. When he peeked out, Cranky and Matilda were staring at him with looks of disbelief.

“Why didn’t you say?” Cranky said, breaking the silence.

“I just thought, you’d gone to all this effort and…”

“Don’t worry about it,” Matilda assured him. “Hearth’s Warming Eve isn’t about eating. It’s about spending time with friends and family.”

“Really?” Steven asked.

“Of course,” Cranky said. “Now let’s go play charades.”

“Great! I love charades!” Steven exclaimed. “But… don’t you two want to eat first?”

Cranky and Matilda got off their chairs and headed for the sitting room. “To be honest,” Matilda admitted, “it’s kind of a relief not to have to eat. We’re still totally stuffed after Pinkie Pie’s party this morning.”