• Published 11th Aug 2016
  • 16,541 Views, 263 Comments

Sunshipped - Masterweaver

  • ...
38
 263
 16,541

"But I thought Sunset was a self-aware opposite sex construct Sunburst made of himself!"

Starlight blinked. "...Run that by me again?"

"I mean, that's what Sunburst told me," Thorax explained. "I don't think he was lying. He might have been. I can't always tell when ponies are lying."

With the speed of a tortoise, Twilight's hoof made its way to connect with her forehead. The journey was accompanied by Starlight's continual choked gapes.

"Um." The changeling looked at the two. "Are you two okay? Is this some pony thing I don't know about?"

"Why would he--why would she--how could he--what does she--?!?!"

Thorax blinked at Starlight's rambling. "...I'm confused. Is this all one question?"

"THERE ARE TOO MANY QUESTIONS!"

"Oh. I'm not used to answering questions. Or thinking about questions. I used to just follow orders, and answer yes or no questions. I'm still figuring out when I should answer questions--"

"Thorax," Twilight said, her voice resigned. "What Starlight is trying to say is that she was not aware of this and is having some trouble comprehending all the implications."

"Yes! That!" The other mare pointed at her. "That is a thing that is happening!"

Thorax nodded. "I suppose that... actually, I still don't know what I should do here."

"Maaaaaaybe you should go find Sunset and Sunburst," Twilight suggested. "And bring them back so they can talk with Starlight."

"No need to find me, I'm already here." Sunset walked around the corner. "So, Starlight, listen, I kind of made a little mistake--"

"YOU'RE A CLONE?!"

Sunset blinked. Then she glared at Twilight. "Seriously?!"

"Wasn't me. It was Thorax."

The glare shifted to the changeling. "Seriously?! Wait. How did you know?"

"Um. Sunburst might have mentioned it."

"Oh. Okay, but... seriously, why would you tell her that?"

"She said you were his big sister, I thought I was confused!" Thorax cowered. "And now I am!"

"Why didn't you tell me you were a clone?!" Starlight demanded.

"Would you have believed me?"

"Yes!"

Sunset stared at her for a moment or two. "...Okay. Either you have issues, or your life has been far more interesting then I expected."

"It's both," Starlight assured her. "But that doesn't explain why you were acting the way you were around me!"

"...Basically I was being a super-interfering overprotective big sister figure, I dragged you in without thinking, and I apologize."

"Oh. You're just going to straight-up admit it."

"Dealing with both pony drama and teenage drama has taught me that swift action solves more problems then it causes."

Starlight took a moment to process that. "...So, basically, you don't hesitate."

"Not often. Not anymore."

"That's not a good thing," Twilight pointed out. "If you don't think about your actions--"

"I make mistakes, and I don't hesitate to apologize when I do, or to try to correct them."

"But you wouldn't make so many mistakes in the first place if you tried to plan things ahead of time!"

"Different strokes for different folks, Twi."

"Why were you so interested in getting me and Sunburst together?" Starlight demanded. "I mean, what did he tell you about me?"

Sunset blinked. Then she chuckled awkwardly. "Um. Aheh. Starlight... how much do you know about the Independent Construct Kinesis Equation?"

"...Isn't that purely theoretical?"

"NO. It isn't. Not anymore."

"Oh. Well, given the developmental framework is usually based off the cast...er..."

Starlight Glimmer trailed off, her eyes widening as she looked at Sunset.

"...To be ENTIRELY fair," Sunset allowed, "I have half a decade's worth of being seperate and gaining my own experiences, so--"

"Oh sweet Celestia. You--you and--that would mean--"

Sunset sat down. "Hey, Twilight? Are all ponies so easy to freak out, or is it just me?"

"You have to admit, you are a unique magical being," Twilight pointed out. "The only other self-directed constructs I know of were mirror pool clones, and repeated self-iteration led to monomaniacal protoforms with unstable operational matrices."

"What happened to them?"

"I had to dissolve their mystical format and return them to the generation engine. If I hadn't, they would have descended into potentially dangerous builderconstructs." Twilight blinked. "Not that I'd ever do that to you, of course! You've got a stable operational matrix, even if you went, uh, temporarily--"

"No, I get it, so much can go wrong." Sunset waved it off. "I'm sure you did what was best at the time."

"If you were--then that--and you--and--and--"

Sunset turned to the gaping Starlight. "Do you still do the grass thing?"

"YOU KNOW ABOUT THE GRASS THING."

"Maybe you should do the grass thing."

"I..." Starlight Glimmer nodded faintly, stepping off the train platform. "I'm going to do the grass thing."

Twilight blinked. "What's the grass thing?"

Sunset took a breath. "...Well, she's your student, you're going to find out sometime anyway..." With a cough, she pointed at where Starlight had lied down on the grass. "Don't worry, she's not in any pain."

"What are you talking abouohsweetCelestia."

"Huh. She's gotten more flexible. Interesting."

"Ponies--ponies shouldn't--bend that way."

"Yeah, apparently something about this calms her down. Scent on the skin and all that."

"I can't--" Twilight turned away. "She did this as a filly?"

"Yeah. It was weird, but kind of interesting, you know?"

"Should I come over there?" Thorax asked.

"No!" Twilight replied. "In fact, I--"

"Okay, I'm good now." Starlight stood. "Alright. Um. Sunset?"

"Yes?"

"...We've both changed a LOT since our foalhood. I wouldn't mind reconnecting. At the moment, though, things are super weird."

"Super duper weird."

"So... if... you don't mind, I'm going to head back to Ponyville and, uh, do some thinking while you chat with your...." Starlight paused, frowning.

"We've settled on a sibling relationship," Sunset assured her. "That much I wasn't lying about."

"Right." Starlight nodded. "So... yeah. I'll see you when you get back?"

Sunset nodded. "Absolutely."

"Well, this all seems to be resolved," Twilight announced. "I think I'll just take Starlight home, and... yeah." With an awkward grin, she and Starlight stepped back onto the train.

Sunset rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Yep. Still the same adorkable Twilight."

Thorax nodded. "I have no idea what that word you just said means, but I am going to agree because I've honestly lost track of the situation."

"Don't worry, it's confusing for me too. And I'm living it!"

The two of them watched as the train rolled out of the station.

"...So. You and Sunburst?"

"Um. Yes. This is a thing."

Sunset Shimmer put a warm, friendly, and above all tight foreleg around Thorax's thorax. "And what, exactly, are your intentions toward my brother?"

Comments ( 65 )

I'm curious as to what "The Grass Thing" actually is, but I'm so far imagining Starlight rolling about like a cat when you sprinkle nip on the carpet.

Dan

Oh, you do NOT end it here.

7911119
7911128
This chapter is. Fret not, the sequel is already in the works.

Dan
Dan #5 · Jan 31st, 2017 · · ·

Moondancer needs to get in the running. I can tell you, Spicy will knock her socks off.

Run Thorax! Run!

Well, look at that. Sunset gets what she wanted in the end after all!

You know what Thorax, I think living with Crysalys migth be a better idea finally, ponies are too much unstable for you... :rainbowlaugh:

7911118
Yes, but why would that take unusual flexibility? I mean, I don't have a better suggestion; I wonder if the author actually has something in mind? <nudge, nudge>

I am laughing my ass off at this chapter and wait what? That's the end of this story?

Oh...sequel in the works. Cool.

Could be worse.

Starlight could've missed the 'opposite' in the title and come to even worse conclusions.

I read it and still don't understand the grass thing

7911209

It's like the "Three sea shells" method.

I was left confused for most of the chapter, but at the same time understood a lot of it as well.
Ah, to quote Discord: What fun is there in making sense?

Seriously, this chapter is that one quote personalized :rainbowlaugh:

Oh well, at least Sunset took quick action and resolved at least something in this whole convoluted mess.

Poor Thorax. From confusion to being on the receiving end of intimidation tactics from someone who was a demon once in her life.
I don't envy that guy.

well this a fun and confusing story, can't wait to see if there is going to have a sequel to this.

Sequel on the way, eh? No complaints from me.

LOL to the grass bit. XD

This is just too funny!

The grass thing!! I need a picture of it!!! XD

What is the grass thing?!

I do like Sunset’s approach to things. Of course, straightforward doesn't always have to mean no planning, Twilight, everything in moderation.

Ending it with Sunset as the overprotective sibling. Nice :rainbowlaugh:

"Ponies--ponies shouldn't--bend that way."

Blossomforth says hi.

7911221 oh so you understand the 3 seashells then. I thought I was only one

"My intentions towards your brother? Oh... Nothing over which you'd find it worth your while ending my life in a screaming vortex of agonising flame over."

7911854 "You do realize that sounds suspicious and only makes the 'Flaming Vortex of Agony' more likely, don't you Thorax old buddy, old pal?"

"I have no idea what that word you just said means, but I am going to agree because I've honestly lost track of the situation."

Thorax is officially my spirit animal.

"...So, basically, you don't hesitate."

The urge to cover "Wait for It" But replace Hamilton with Sunset is rising.

"And what, exactly, are your intentions toward my brother?"

And that's when I lost my shit XD

This is great! Just have two questions.

What's "the grass thing" and a "builderconstruct"?

I pity the Thorax. :rainbowlaugh:

7911118 I think it's some contortionist thing that is revealing in some way, and/or seems anatomically impossible. Guessing ho!

Sounds like an alternate version of the Sweetie Shuffle.

7912691 I assume builderconstructs are self-replicating constructs, possibly getting more unstable with each generation. Considering that the context was Pinkie Clones, that seems like the most logical explanation.

7911135 I love you man. No weird feelings.

Just putting it out there that I love you for writing this.

7912691
7911626
7911550
7911209
7911165
7911118
Just putting this out here folks. Maybe will be useful for some. Be careful.

7919590
Oh, well, fair enough. I thought that we were actually supposed to work it out. You gave us just enough detail to leave us all deeply intrigued.

7919590 that explain a lot of things. Thanks!

"YOU'RE A CLONE?!"

WOW!

Sunset turned to the gaping Starlight. "Do you still do the grass thing?"
"YOU KNOW ABOUT THE GRASS THING."
"Maybe you should do the grass thing."
"I..." Starlight Glimmer nodded faintly, stepping off the train platform. "I'm going to do the grass thing."
Twilight blinked. "What's the grass thing?"
Sunset took a breath. "...Well, she's your student, you're going to find out sometime anyway..." With a cough, she pointed at where Starlight had lied down on the grass. "Don't worry, she's not in any pain."
"What are you talking abouohsweetCelestia."

I posted this one: because it's funny and two: what's the grass thing?

I don't...is this a thing?...I'm not...how...beyond comprehension...I'm not...what...how?!







Masterweaver completed a story? That never happens!


Pinkie! Did you break the universe again?

7959663
Excuse you, I have completed numerous stories.

7960103 I know, I know. It's just, you start so many, and it seems like a lot of the ones I find most interesting don't get attention. (Hey, I get it, the Muses are flighty and fickle creatures who speak to us when they decide to).

So seeing one get finished was...novel. :pinkiehappy:

Well then,
Best hour of reading I've done, very good many funnies.
Yeah.
.
This got awkward, I'll just stop

7925710 just, some questions shouldn't be answered

"Why would he--why would she--how could he--what does she--?!?!"
Thorax blinked at Starlight's rambling. "...I'm confused. Is this all one question?"

Pfff :rainbowlaugh:

"Would you have believed me?"

"Yes!"

Sunset stared at her for a moment or two. "...Okay. Either you have issues, or your life has been far more interesting then I expected."

Well, mess with time travel and a lot becomes possible, I guess :rainbowlaugh:

"But you wouldn't make so many mistakes in the first place if you tried to plan things ahead of time!"

Ehh. Be more Bob Ross, Twi. Happy little mistakes.

Thorax nodded. "I have no idea what that word you just said means, but I am going to agree because I've honestly lost track of the situation."

Expand your vocabulary, Thorax! :yay:

:twilightblush: = Adorkable!

Sunset Shimmer put a warm, friendly, and above all tight foreleg around Thorax's thorax. "And what, exactly, are your intentions toward my brother?"

Oh come on. Those two have clearly already gotten enough flak :rainbowlaugh:


Remarks and corrections:
> far more interesting then I expected
"than", not "then". (There's another one of those in ch3; "then as the adult unicorn mare")

This is fun.
i had not expected this to be fun, but it is anyway.

Wow, this has 666 likes,
I guess that means this was made/liked by the devil then, right?

...'scuse me while I do my own grass thing.
[lights blunt]

8202251 appaerantly 39 weeks ago.

This story is a sequel to Sunspawned

Don't you mean prequel?

Sunset turned to the gaping Starlight. "Do you still do the grass thing?"

"YOU KNOW ABOUT THE GRASS THING."

"Maybe you should do the grass thing."

"I..." Starlight Glimmer nodded faintly, stepping off the train platform. "I'm going to do the grass thing."

Twilight blinked. "What's the grass thing?"

Sunset took a breath. "...Well, she's your student, you're going to find out sometime anyway..." With a cough, she pointed at where Starlight had lied down on the grass. "Don't worry, she's not in any pain."

"What are you talking abouohsweetCelestia."

"Huh. She's gotten more flexible. Interesting."

"Ponies--ponies shouldn't--bend that way."

"Yeah, apparently something about this calms her down. Scent on the skin and all that."

"I can't--" Twilight turned away. "She did this as a filly?"

"Yeah. It was weird, but kind of interesting, you know?"

Now, I'm kinda curious about what Starlight is doing and just how flexible she really is.:moustache:

About the grass thing... Twilight saying that ponies aren't supposed to bend that way, being shocked that Starlight did that as a filly, and not wanting Thorax to see this, brings some interesting images into my head. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment