• Published 9th Jun 2016
  • 1,267 Views, 13 Comments

Party Time - JusSonic



It's Twilight Sparkle's birthday in the world of Equestria Girls and her friends are celebrating!

  • ...
8
 13
 1,267

Chapter 2: Birthday Party Problems

Chapter 2: Birthday Party Problems

Everyone looks at the party decorations at the party...or what is supposed to be a party. For one thing, it looks like a fan fest gone horribly wrong!

"Not good, not good!" Pinkie exclaims in concern as some of the animals ate some of the food.

"Twilight won't come back here now!" Rainbow complains, seeing some of her stuff falling off. "We may as well go back to Crystal Prep!"

"Oh yes, our decorations are horribly ruining what is supposed to be the greatest day in Twilight's life." Rarity said nervously. "What to do? What to..."

Suddenly Pinkie Pie's hidden cannon fires off, causing Rarity to shout out in alarm. The pink girl sheepishly apologized, "Sorry about that."

"Well, we got to do something before Twilight and the others get here." Sunset sighs in concern. Her friend won't be happy if she sees this mess.

"I done say we remove the clutter parts." Applejack said thoughtfully. "At least, get rid of stuff not necessary to his here party."

The Rainbooms nodded and got to work. They begin bringing their own stuff down, getting them out of the way. Fluttershy manages to move some of her animals out of the gym so that they won't cause any further damage.

"Ugh, a fly!" Rarity groans as a fly buzzes nearby, imitating her.

"I'll get it!" Sour Sweet exclaims. She lifted up her hand to swat it.

"Don't hurt it, Sour Sweet!" Fluttershy screams in alarm and fear.

Meanwhile, Rainbow and her friends are having a conversation of their own.

"I just don't get why Twilight and Stealth Black are always at each other's throats. They're siblings, after all." Rainbow said to her friends while bringing her stuff down, some of it.

"Beats me." Indigo remarks with a shrug.

"And I thought they would be closer and solve mysteries together just like Dipper and Mabel, only unlike them, they didn't spend the summer with a great uncle of theirs in a small town in Oregon where supernatural stuff occurred with some gnomes and a one-eyed triangle monster that almost destroyed that town." Pinkie said, randomly and happily as usual.

"Huh?"

"That's just her being Pinkie." Rainbow comments, rolling her eyes at Pinkie's usual random nature.

Everyone is almost done getting their stuff down...except for one.

"Rarity, come on. Everybody is taking their own stuff down." Rainbow said to Rarity with a frown. The girl has yet to take her own stuff down!

"Rainbow Dash is right. Just take it down." Applejack exclaims as she motions to Rarity's stuff, one of them must go if this party is to succeed without fail!

"I can't decide! Every one of them is my favorite!" Rarity protest in concern. She can't decide which to take down!

Rainbow Dash slapped herself as she scowls at her friend, "They can't all be your favorite! Fine. I will take that bug portrait of everyone we know of." The girl motions to a bug portrait, hanging high on a wall. "We know what it looks like. Time to Pony Up for my wings." Wings appears on her back, making her smile as she flew up to take the portrait. "Thank you, Shorty for Morpher."

"Need some hand?" Indigo ask Rainbow, offering her help.

"Ooh. They got you there." Sunny teases Rarity a bit. It's funny because it's true.

Rarity groaned as she grabs some posters nearby, "Fine. Then, you wouldn't mind me taking those stupid posters about Daring Do!"

Rarity ripped the posters down. Rainbow angrily protest, "Rarity!"

"Calm down, everybody. We just need to take everything down together." Applejack said, trying to calm everyone down.

"Be careful of what you say. It just happen." Sugarcoat said in concern. She doesn't like how Rarity and Rainbow are glancing at AJ's Apple Ciders.

"You're thinking of what I'm thinking." Rarity said, giving a smirk to Sunny.

"Likewise." Sunny said with a wicked smirk as the two girls headed over to the Apple Ciders.

"Yeah, Indigo, help us out." Rainbow laughs as she helped the girls in pushing the Apple Ciders off the table. If Applejack wants to take stuff down, then this has to go!

"Let's move it and grove it, girls." Indigo laughs madly.

The girls pushed the Apple Ciders right off the table. Applejack yelps in alarm, "Hey! Those are my Apple Ciders! Watch the glass!"

"They don't even care." Sugarcoat remarks dryly while shaking her head.

"Hey, get off my jockey!" Lemon Zest screams. She is trying to shoo some rabbits off her jockey table. "Watch the disc!"

"Fluttershy, can't you ask your animal friends stop messing with my party stuff?" Pinkie ask Fluttershy with a pouty look. Some of the beavers are breaking some balloons and the rats are biting into the streamers!

"Why don't you get rid of them first, then we stop ours. Or we get sour." Sour Sweet remarks as she glances at some of Pinkie's stuff. Why should they get rid of the animals? Why can't Pinkie get rid of some of her stuff?!

"Thank you. Start with the hidden party canons." Fluttershy said sternly to Pinkie. Those party cannons are making a ruckus!

"We can't remove them! I don't even know where they are." Pinkie protests in worry. She has no idea where the party cannons are so how could she even remove them?

"Everyone, calm down. There's no need to fight over this. Let's just get the stuff together." Sunset said, trying to reason with everyone.

However a party Canon is fired. The argument and fight begins as they all take the stuff out. Sunset Shimmer gave a face slap on herself. At this rate, it will take a miracle to fix this!

------------------

Twilight’s group manages to get Twilight calm down as they arrive at the Music Center where Iris is working at right now. Shadow Dragon's wife is looking up from some paperwork when she sees her little brother, his girlfriend and her family coming in.

"Hey, sis." Ben said to Iris with a smile.

"Hey, Ben. Hey, everyone. Great to see you all here." Iris comments as she gave a big smile, especially to Twilight. "Happy Birthday, Twilight."

"Thanks. I don't suppose that you know where my friends are making surprises." Twilight said to Iris hopefully.

"Ugh! Sorry, Iris, but Stealth spilled the beans about the party earlier." Yuri groans as he slapped himself on the forehead.

"I swear, we got to do something about that boy." Twilight Velvet said, sighing as she shakes her head.

"Twiley, didn't we talked about this?" Ben ask his girlfriend in disapproval. She agrees to not nose her way to finding out where her party's at!

"Twilight, you're not supposed to know that, why do you think it's called a surprise?" Iris ask Twilight with an annoyed sigh. "I'm not telling you a thing."

Twilight gave a pout look while crossing her arms. Why can't anyone let her in on the surprise?

"Thanks. Hey, guys." Ben said, greeting to the rest of Iris's family who are spending the day with her.

"Long time no see, unc. How's your wife?" Sammy ask his uncle Ben with a smirk.

Ashley nudged Sam while reminding her brother, "Sammy! Ben is just teenager, he's not even an adult."

"Just kidding. Yeash. I know the difference."

"Yeah. You can't tell difference between real ghosts or not. Very funny, junior." Ben remarks sarcastically. Yeah, Sammy really knows how to do that. "So, where's your dad? Think they're coming for Twi's birthday?"

Sammy groaned while shaking his head, "No... Dad says that he has an important meeting with the others. He said he won't make it back in time."

"That's too bad. I thought he deserve the break after what he and others did."

Ashley sighed, she knows what her uncle means, "Well, heroes never takes a break as they say. So, he sends his regard to you all. And by the way, Dragoking says hi too."

"Really? With his master?" Ben ask Ashley in concern. Whenever Dragoking wanted to greet him, it is usually in his own crazy way which Ben doesn't like!

Sammy giggled while pointing downward, "No, unc, he's biting you!" Ben eventually looks down and looks alarmed. That's snake Dragoking is biting on his foot...again!

"What?! Aw! Come on! Get off, Dragoking! I mean it! Get off me!"

Mostly everyone laughs. Sparky comments, "Geez, Dragoking must really like ya."

"Not his fault you're so tasty." Twilight giggles while putting her own hand over her mouth.

"Very funny! Now get off, Dragoking, or I will turn ya into boots!" Ben scowls as he tries to shake Dragoking off of himself.

"Right, like you ever do that." Iris remarks, smiling while shaking her head. Ben makes threats to harm Dragoking but never got around to doing so!

Yeah, it figures!

Twilight then walked over to Iris.

“Iris, alone...” Twilight said to iris seriously.

“Okay. Excuse us, Twilight and I need to go somewhere else because I've got big surprise for her.” Iris said to the others as quietly as possible to the others. “Don't worry, it will be a short while.”

"All right." Nyx said with a nod.

Now inside the Drum Room, Twilight and Iris entered. The girl sighs, much to her sister in law’s notice. Something is wrong and Iris knows what it is.

“How is it?” Iris ask Twilight seriously. She has a terrible dream ever since the events of the Friendship Games.

Twilight sighed while explaining, “Worse than before. It's still haunting me. Every time I sleep, it's still there. She insulted me, laughed me and make fun of me to ignore and forget what the girls have done for me. All I can think of is running away from that stupid Crystal Prep Academy, so I don't have to suffer Cinch and her students. She wanted me to become a monster. I just...”

Iris sighed, she knows what Twilight’s going through right now, “I know, Twilight. This is really bad. Grogar's manipulation and magic is stronger than I realized. Even though he got locked up back in his home, his magic is still affecting you. And I thought dealing with Dark Curse is worse.”

“Is there any way I can get rid of it?” Twilight ask Iris hopefully. She wishes to put an end to this madness she’s under for good!

“There is. You have to come to me for every Thursday about 1pm. We'll have therapy. I'll do my best to get it off of your mind.” Iris suggest thoughtfully to Twilight. Perhaps if the woman could help Twilight, it will put an end to the nightmares once and for all.

“Thanks. But you can't-!” Twilight said worried. She hasn’t told anyone about her nightmare and wishes for less people to know about it, the better!

Iris interrupts, smiling as she spoke, “Don't worry, I won't tell others about it. But are you okay about it?”

“Yeah. After what I've after done from the Friendship Games, it's the least I can do is to make sure that Demon inside me is gone forever.” Twilight said. Despite being spared the horror, she can still feel Midnight Sparkle, wanting to get out again, wanting to cause Heck a-new!

“I will try. And take this.” Iris said as she gave a colorful book which has the picture of Mthe ane Six, Autobots, G.I. Joe and their adventures in the Friendship Games and final fight with Dark Curse. “Happy Birthday, Twilight.”

Twilight hugged Iris Crystal as she said, “Thank you.”

Iris, letting go, giggles, "At least the Friendship Games was more memorable than the one that was made by it by a director which is supposed to be based on it. My husband disliked it because it was poor and insulted to some of it, especially when the Autobots weren't involved, the Grogar merging thing, the you unwilling to obey Cinch thing was replaced by mind-control and other stuff. Laxtinct cried for days with his heart to seem to be torn a lot!"

"Well, Ben admitted it was his fault for giving the director free reign. It has its flaws but we like it." Twilight remarks, calling the film that is a loose adaptation of the Friendship Games.

"Tell that to Chase the next time." Iris remarks, rolling her eyes. Chase/Shadow Dragon has a field day big time!

"Yeah." Twilight agreed with a giggle.

----------------

In Central Park, Twilight and all of her family were having picnic and fun together. Twilight Sparkle was leaning on the shades of tree as she was reading the book Iris Crystal gave her. The girl looks up to see a familiar brother of hers arriving. By the look on his face, looks like he has gotten her gift.

“So, did you like my present?” Twilight ask Stealth Black, hiding her best to hide her giggles.

“More or less. It's interesting. Thanks. I could use something to boost my sights.” Stealth remarks dryly, rolling his eyes. “And do you really have to put that picture of me and the clowns in?

Twilight huffed, “Did you have to put that picture about me and you kiss in the bathroom when we were 6? That was so embarrassing!”

“Come on, it's cute, Twi. I like it. It makes Ben jealous about me.” Stealth remarks to his sister, giving a smile that could put the Cheshire Cat to shame.

“You know we're twins, not non-relatives.” Twilight reminded her brother in annoyance.

“Of course, I know. I just like to tease you for fun.” Stealth chuckled a bit. He does enjoyed teasing his twin sister a lot!

“So... Why did you give me your Hidden Blade? It's yours.” Twilight said in concern. Why did her brother give her a blade of all things since it is his?

“True. But I think you deserve it than I do. Besides, I already got some cool upgrade.” Stealth said to Twilight with a small smile. He figure with his upgrade, his sister deserved to have a blade, especially with what she has to go through.

“So, I heard. Thanks, brother.” Twilight said to Stealth with a sigh. Perhaps there’s a hope for him yet!

Well, Twilight thought so but Stealth then added, “Not a problem, sister. The next time you pull that stunt, I'll post the picture on Facebook.”

“Oh yeah? I will put the embarrassing picture about you and your girlfriend when you had privacy time.” Twilight shot right back. She still got the other embarrassing picture if Stealth even put that bathtub pic up!

“Hey! Don't you dare do that,,” Stealth exclaims in irritation.

”Well, you stop it first, Black.” Twilight remarks with a smirk.

“Whatever...” Stealth remarks with a scoff. He knows when he himself is defeated.

“Wanna join our party? I don't know where it is.” Twilight said to Stealth thoughtfully. If her brother had blabbed out about the party, maybe he knows where it is!

“Nah... I'm a party pooper.” Stealth said in refusal. Why would he bother going to a party anyway?

“Come on. Just this once for old time sake.” Twilight pleads to her brother with cute puppy dog eyes. Stealth groans a bit. He hates it when she does that! It’s hard to resist!

Finally Stealth gave up, sighing, “Fine. Don't blame when I do something stupid.”

“Oh don't worry. You just worry about your action while I worry about mine, genius.” Twilight said with a triumphant smirk. Her puppy dog eyes work every time!

------------

The Rainbooms and Shadowbolts continue fighting amongst each other. Sunset groans as she feels her forehead. This whole thing is giving her a headache. This has to stop!

"STOP!" Sunset screams out, causing the others to stop. "Listen, we still got to do Twilight's party and it isn't going to work if we fight like this!"

"Right, we must figure out what went wrong to make it right." Flash said in agreement.

"Well, I didn't do anything wrong." Rarity remarks with a scoff. "I did what I would do if this was my party."

"Yeah...except this isn't your party, it's Twilight's." Sunny said in concern and realization.

"She's right. It's Twilight's party...where she keeps all her Rainbow Dash trophies." Indigo said, glancing at the trophies nearby.

"Oh, right, right." Rainbow said a bit awkwardly. "Maybe we weren't making this into a Twilight Sparkle party at all."

"She's right...perhaps we are a little guilty of making this our party instead of Twilight's." Fluttershy admits. Most of the others looks a bit guilty, perhaps she's right. In all the madness, they've almost forgotten whose party this is for in the first place.

"Okay, I think we understand now." Sunset said, pacing back and forth. "Just think, what is it we like about Twilight?"

"Oh, everything." Fluttershy said with a smile. "The books, the smell of books, the joys of organizing them..."

"Yeah, remember the time we teamed up with her pony self before meeting her human self officially?" Rainbow ask with a smile, laughing before sigh. "Good times."

"Right, then how we be with friends with Sci-Twi afterwards and how she helped us see our human version of Sunset again." Sugarcoat said to the Shadowbolts, making them nod happily.

"And how we bullied her and helped Cinch in forcing her into opening that shell, only for her to refuse and..." Sour Sweet begins to say sweetly, but notices the others glaring at her. She added sourly, "No wait; that was the worst."

"We got good memories and it's time we put them into action." Rarity said with a smile. "Time we do this party all over again."

"And with my supervision." Sunset said, she is going to supervise to make sure what happened before will not happen again.

Everyone got back to work while Applejack, Fluttershy, Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet helped each other. As Applejack got some stuff, she begins to sing a familiar song...but in a different tune.

Applejack: It’s not the things that you gather ’round

Fluttershy and Sour Sweet directed some animals as they begin fixing up the mess.

Fluttershy: It’s not how much you own

Meanwhile, Rarity, Rainbow, Pinkie and the remaining Shadowbolts brought in some stuff which is about Twilight as well as the Rainbooms' past adventures into room.

Rarity: The things that hold the meaning in your life
Are the memories you’ve sown

Soon the gang and their friends/fellow students got to work on putting up stuff, the right way, working together and making Canterlot High a very special home for Twilight.

Rainbooms: So we make, so we make, so we make this place a home

Rainbow flies around, pulling a rope over a pulley near the ceiling. Applejack and Pinkie grabs the free end together before pulling.

So we make, so we make this castle a home

Sunset and the rest follow suit on another rope, they watch carefully as something slowly rises to the ceiling.

So we make, so we make this place a home

Once the song is over, the gang cheers and gave smiles of congratulations. Looks like things will be doing better after all.

Author's Note:

Everyone is getting along and things are doing better. In the next chapter, things get delayed when the Sparkle family and their group's train get hijacked by an unknown foe. Who could it be and can he be stopped? And will Twilight and Stealth get along to put a stop to this? Read, review and suggest.

The conversation between Twilight and Iris references the controversary problems between two pals of mine involving the Friendship Games Remake fic a while back.