• Published 7th Jun 2016
  • 432 Views, 0 Comments

PVFD: Ships passing - Rescue Sunstreak



Ships passing is a collection of short stories that go hoof in hoof with the main PVFD story. WARNING YOU MUST READ THE MAIN STORY first, this one is not stand alone

  • ...
 0
 432

Scootaloo's day *SPOILER* must be current to chapter 28

Scootaloo looked herself over the mirror once more, not seeing her former-big sister, now adopted mother looking on from the doorway. She frowned, lifting her little wings and set them back down again, turning one way and then the other.

Rainbow Dash sighed and sauntered into the room. “Scoots, you have to stop that. They will grow, you are eating right now, the doc has you on supplements.”

The little orange filly blinked and looked up. “I wasn’t really thinking that. I just,” she stopped, looking away with a shy blush.

“Am I stupid for liking Rumble? I mean, you know I am too cool to like-like him, but, perhaps, maybe he is really nice to me.”

Dash had to shake her head, how did she of all ponies get into this? Looking down at the little filly, she felt her heart skip a beat. Thinking back, Dash remembered how she felt when she learned Scootaloo was in the hospital. It was that very night she made up her mind, Scoots would have a home with her, no matter who tried to stop her.

Now, here she was, a mother. She had responsibility, she was a Wonderbolt, she had a steady coltfriend. She looked down at her sister daughter and smiled just a bit.

“Scootaloo, no. You are not stupid for that, in fact, I think it makes you a very brave little filly,” getting down to eye level and looking into the purple-maned filly's eyes. “Most foals your age don't face the issues you have. They do not think about the things you think about. You have made me proud not only before, but now. You just keep being all the awesome you can be, and I bet Rumble will be right there with you.”

Scootaloo sniffled and grabbed the Wonderbolt around the neck tight. “I love you, mom,” then added. “I am totally not crying,” as she embraced tighter still.

Dash just hugged back with a hoof looped around the filly “It's okay, Scoot. I cry too sometimes… but, if you tell anyone, I will totally say you made it up,” she said, causing them both to laugh.

---

Lunch time at school found them all together. It was pretty typical the group she was in. Right next to her was Rumble, who was chewing on an apple. To her left sat Diamond Tiara with Pipsqueak to her side. Across the table, Applebloom sat next to Silver Spoon, and lastly, Sweetie Belle, who was talking right now.

“Did... everypony have fun at the Gala and the party yesterday?”

They all nodded in response, but it was Silver Spoon who spoke up.

“I bet Diamond and Pipsqueak spent the whole time kissing.”

Everypony let off a chuckle, while the two spoke of blushed hard. Pip answered up, “We did get to carry my dad's ring and feather,” making the grey earth pony perk up some.

“No way, Di. You and Pip were in the wedding?”

She gave a smile to her best friend and nodded. “Yeah, and Princess Luna was the one who married them. It was really sweet and romantic,” making all the girls sigh with little smiles. Rumble looked over at his best buddy and shook his head, making Pip smirk.

“Um, Scoot, Rumble, what was all that stuff about the flock and stuff?” asked the unicorn filly.

Perking his head up, Rumble smiled. “Oh, that was a tradition among pegasi. See, when someone wants to join in union with one of ours, tradition says the closest in family, or the highest ranking in the area, has to quiz them, to find out if they are serious about things, and about love.”

He took a sip of juice. “That was why Miss Dash got in Chief Sunstreak's face and asked him that, then after told Mr. Sempar he had the flock's permission. It was really cool,” taking note of Scootaloo giving a nod to all that.

“That, is kinda cool really,” said Silver Spoon. “Pip, you are really lucky. Your dads are about as awesome as two stallions can get.”

They all gave a nod at that. Sure, Silver wasn’t an Explorer, but she was a good friend, and they all trusted her view.

---

Rumble glanced over at the filly walking next to him, as he walked her down the street toward Sugarcube Corner.

“So um, Scoot,” his voice cracked a bit “I, um, I mean, we are still really young and we have a lot to grow up with and stuff, but, um... Well, I, um,” he scuffed the ground with his hoof.

“Come on, Rumble, you can tell me anything.”

He glanced over at her, then around, and said in a much lower tone “I-I-I... love you.”

Just like that, poor Scootaloo simply stared at him like he had grown a second neck and head. Her maw opened and closed a few times, then she blinked. Lifting her ears, she spoke. “R-really?” looking in his eyes.

He gave a nod, but wouldn’t look back at her, staring down at the ground.

She had to stand there for a moment and get her thoughts in order before she spoke.

“Rumble, you saved my life and got really hurt doing it. I mean, Pip too, but you got cut up with glass, burned, and all of that. Then, you have always stayed at my side, and helped me when I was down,” she lowered her ears some.

“When Archer..." She stopped. "You let me cry and didn’t say anything, and then you... you cried with me,” her tone lowered to a whisper now.

“I... love you too.”

In that very moment, his head snapped up, and his eyes sparkled in a way she had never seen before. His wings shot out and he leaped up into the sky as he yelled at the top of his lungs. “YAAHHOOOOO!!” scaring the poor flower sisters so bad they fainted. Then again, they did that a lot.

When he came back down, she slugged Rumble in the shoulder. “Keep it down, you goofball, someone is going to think we are not cool.”

The whole rest of the way to Sugarcube Corner, Scootaloo had to hold in a giggle. Rumble had his head up high, his wings cocked a bit, a prance to his walk that was the same as any strong stallion. For a moment, just a moment, she saw what he would be like grown up, and she liked it. It made her heart beat just a slight bit faster.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment