• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 1,519 Views, 5 Comments

Quit it, Zeph! - IndiBrony



Rainbow Dash explains Zephyr Breeze's 'flirtatious' manner by recalling their college experience together.

  • ...
5
 5
 1,519

Just quit it! Please!

Fluttershy was never the most outgoing of ponies, but we came close friends when we were fillies. I barely remember exactly how old we were when we started hanging out, but I can honestly say I've been friends with Fluttershy most of my life. A lot of my free time was spent at Fluttershy's house, where I first met Zephyr Breeze. He was just a foal back then - he couldn't even talk - but just through exposure to one another we sort of became friends.

We never got really close to one another until college.

But before we go any further, let's get one thing straight, alright. I don't like Zephyr Breeze - well, not like that in any case - but here's the thing: in college we were good friends - maybe the best colt friend I had at the time - but something happened. I... I don't really wanna talk about it, but I gotta get this off of my chest. Now how do I put this? When Zeph and I were in college, we, uh... we did some 'stuff'.

No. No. Not that. But you know how it is. College is a place where you have too much apple cider and do things you might regret later. Everypony's done something they regret, right? Well, this was one of the things that I regret doing.

I was in my third year of an athletics course at Cloudsdale, learning everything I needed to know about training, muscle growth, physiotherapy and all that stuff to help me train better for the Wonderbolts. I stayed in Cloudsdale for college because it was the number one place for athletics. What made it even cooler is that as part of our studies, we had a brief chance to work with the Wonderbolts, learning about their training regime and how it helps their performances!

Zeph had just started college and was on, like, every course going! He started off quite well, but over the course of the year he stopped going to some of the courses. He never dropped out of any - officially - because the college would have given him less money, but by the time he was half way through his first year, he'd pretty much stopped going to college at all. He spent all of his student money on cider, poison joke and mane products. Like, seriously, that colt would spend most of his days stood in front of the mirror admiring himself and making sure each and every strand of his mane was perfect.

Zeph had his head way up his own flank. Thought he was Celestia's gift to just about everything. Overlooking his obvious flaws, though, he was kinda cool. Immature, but cool (don't tell him I said that). We'd spend most weekends hanging out in bars and night clubs, getting drunk and smoking the blue weed. We tried playing wing pony for each other on occasions on our nights out, but it never worked. We were the worst pairing when it came to trying to find each other company.

Sometimes we'd hang out in other places. We'd go to the park, go for flies around Cloudsdale and stuff. Of course I was always aiming for the Wonderbolts so whenever I learned a new move I'd run it by him to see what he thought. On the other hoof, Zeph was always trying different things and, yeah, he never really seemed to stick in one place for long. I think out of everything in his life, I was probably one of the few things he actually kept in his life for more than a few weeks. At the same time, he was always there for me, too.

We spent a lot of time together when we were in college, to the point where his parents kept dropping hints about us getting together. Like I said, though, I don't like Zephyr like that - I'd never thought about him in that way - so I guess it's a little surprising when one night when we were out drinking and making blue smoke that we ended up hooking up with each other.

I remember we'd been out and we were wandering the edge of Cloudsdale, taking in the beautiful sight of the vast landscape of Equestria below us. Something was bothering me. Of all the colts he'd tried hooking me up with, of all the guys I'd been introduced to, I didn't really like any of them. So, in my drunken stupor, I came onto him. I kissed him, and almost everything else that comes along with it (like I said, we didn't do 'that'). We spent the night on the edge of Cloudsdale overlooking all of Equestria...

...and when the morning came and I sobered up, I could barely look him in the eye. I was so embarrassed. I mean it wasn't a terrible experience, and I guess I should be thankful that the night we shared together kinda answered some questions I'd been asking myself, but I felt so awkward around him after that, and I even tried to stay away from Fluttershy for a while. Eventually we did talk about it. I apologised to him for being so awkward, but he just laughed it off like it was nothing!

It wasn't until later that I learned he actually prefers stallions anyway! So every time he's seen me after that, he's 'flirted' with me. It's got nothing to do with him genuinely liking me, he's just an immature troll and won't let it slide! Ugh, he can be so annoying! That said, we're still friends. Admittedly, we're not as close as we used to be, but I just wanted to clear up with you why he is the way he is around me. Just don't tell anypony else! Got it?

Comments ( 4 )

Honestly this makes a pretty good backstory

You know, this could actually work as a backstory. Good job!

Now I know why RD's always annoyed towards Zeph.

Login or register to comment